Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th January 2023, 21:01   #631
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
Petrol 2.0 AT 6 seater. 13K ODO. 1 year on 2nd JAN. I got a side wall puncture - 2 nos (not a burst) in DEC, been topping the air every week, it takes about 8-10 days to go to 29 from 33 psi. I mean I got the punctures fixed, but they still leak. Now am thinking of replacing the one tire. Should I get the same brand (Apollo Apterra 215/55 R18) or can i change the brand? Same ratings but the treads wont match.
Otherwise the car's been a dream - city, highway, ghats and while loaded to the gills.
Please do advise if I can change the tire brand for just one wheel.
What I was advised by the tire shops I visited is to have at least 2 tires of the same company/brand and that also either both in the front or both at the rear. You can get the same brand, but they don't give much warranty. The only one I found giving unconditional warranty is Goodyear (which I replaced the Apollos on my Alcazar with).
farhadtarapore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 10:03   #632
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farhadtarapore View Post
What I was advised by the tire shops I visited is to have at least 2 tires of the same company/brand and that also either both in the front or both at the rear. You can get the same brand, but they don't give much warranty. The only one I found giving unconditional warranty is Goodyear (which I replaced the Apollos on my Alcazar with).
How is the ride quality of the goodyear's compared to the stock Apollo's?
Also did you get the same size and what was the cost of each tyre?
Old 6th January 2023, 10:06   #633
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
How is the ride quality of the goodyear's compared to the stock Apollo's?
Also did you get the same size and what was the cost of each tyre?
Ride quality is good. Can't really compare much since the car is quite new and I'm not too experienced with understanding nuances of tires.

Yes, I got the same size 215/55 R18 for the goodyear and cost per tire was INR 12,500.
farhadtarapore is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2023, 21:58   #634
Senior - BHPian

The problem seems specific to 215/55/R18 tyres on the Platinum and Signature variants, which have a shorter sidewall width. I have the Prestige variant that is shod with the 215/60/R17 tyres with similar mileage (12500 km) and I don't experience the tyre problems the R18 counterparts are experiencing.

I don't think problem is specific to Apterras. And they are not cheap either, for 215/60/R17 stock JK UX Royale costs 7200 apiece. Alnac 4G costs 7700 and Apterras cost 9700.

We've seen similar behaviors in Crysta's R17 tyres.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
My query is about the wheel rotation.
I asked the same question to my regular alignment guy. He suggested that deflating and switching the tyres is a possible option. I haven't tried it yet. Hyundai service said, I have to live with the switched readings. I asked not to do alignment-balancing during the 10K service
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th January 2023, 00:03   #635
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
I asked the same question to my regular alignment guy. He suggested that deflating and switching the tyres is a possible option. I haven't tried it yet. Hyundai service said, I have to live with the switched readings. I asked not to do alignment-balancing during the 10K service
Yea, the wheel alignment shop I approached too was not familiar with specifics of Alcazar. But one thing I noticed is the tyre pressure details get displayed only after the vehicle is in motion for sometime. That means the reading is real-time and hence the orientation/ PSI reading will be accurate even after tyre rotation?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th January 2023 at 12:00. Reason: Quote tags
Old 7th January 2023, 17:22   #636

Looks like Hyundai silently increased prices across.

I booked in Alcazar 7 Seater Signature Diesel Automatic in December. My on-road price increased by around 71K. I was hoping some decrease will happen because this variant is not officially SUV anymore as per latest Government SUV Definition.

I will be taking delivery sometime this month - with new rates.. :(

Attaching the New Rate with On-road price of Visakhapatnam from Lakshmi Hyundai.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-hyundai_alcazar_2023pricing.jpeg  

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 8th January 2023 at 12:01. Reason: Text alignment fixed.
Varanasi_Vijay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th January 2023, 18:06   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
That means the reading is real-time and hence the orientation/ PSI reading will be accurate even after tyre rotation?
No TPMS is going to recognise the orientation shift. What I did in the tire rotation today was to retain the rim in place and deflate the tire and swap it across.

Since this overhead involved additional work, I paid an additional amount. He said he will find out if the TPMS could be reprogrammed after a conventional tire rotation process.

For the moment, the deflate and swap is one workaround which works.
narayans80 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 10:09   #638
BHPian

I did ask around at the local Michelin dealer about the TPMS orientation after tire rotation.
He said that once you drive the car above 70-80 kmph after tire rotation , the TPMS's align themselves. No idea if its true until i try it out myself.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 13:05   #639

Took delivery of our Petrol AT Signature 6 seater last month. Absolutely loving it so far.

Our main criteria for a new car was size. Wife and I + two dogs in my Polo GT Tsi was getting quite cramped, and almost impossible to do long trips with luggage and two furry babies.

What I like:
Feature packed: Although tech and electronics are not something I look for when buying a car, preferring old school basic cars, Hyundai has packed the Alcazar to the gills with features. Coming from a tiny Polo, the 360 camera is excellent when parking in tight spots

Engine: Super refined. The torque convertor box is a bit sluggish, but this can be dealt with by using manual mode and staying in the right rev band. Doesn't feel underpowered at all.

Space!: We took delivery of the car two days before we shifted house within the same city, and we were able to fit all our breakables in the rear with all seats down.

What I don't like:
The mileage is quite poor. Getting around 9-10 kmpl in the city. During my office commute from DL to GGN, if I leave at a good time I get around 16 kmpl (indicated)

The middle row could have had more space. Me, 5'11" can't sit behind me in my seating position. But this is subjective as I hog space.

Issues faced:

The wireless charger in the front wasn't working. It turned out the base had not been fitted properly and had fallen off under the centre console. Was fixed within minutes at the ASC.

After a wash, the ESC light kept flashing on and on and the engine kept cutting. This solved itself after a few kilometres so perhaps water hit one of the sensors.

The middle row AC went does not seem to be working. Has anyone else faced this? The "rear" button for the AC activates the third row vents. Can't seem to get the middle row to blow any air.
hatlessgovi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 13:08   #640
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by narayans80 View Post
No TPMS is going to recognise the orientation shift. What I did in the tire rotation today was to retain the rim in place and deflate the tire and swap it across.

Since this overhead involved additional work, I paid an additional amount. He said he will find out if the TPMS could be reprogrammed after a conventional tire rotation process.

For the moment, the deflate and swap is one workaround which works.
I did tyre rotation at Madhu's in Bangalore few months back at 10k ODO reading. Post tyre rotation, the system automatically detected the new tyre locations. Once you drive for a few minutes post the rotation, the change is reflected.

I am sure of this, as few weeks later I had a puncture in the front left tyre and was exactly reflected on the TPMS. Cheers.
Naetik30 is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 9th January 2023, 19:18   #641
BHPian

I have been noticing recently that my car holds onto a gear even after reaching 3000 rpm and does not shift to next gear .This is in comfort mode. Hence sometimes i use the paddles to shift up and it accepts the command. I felt this might be because it is using the high rpm to burn off the soot in the DPF filter . Has anybody else experienced this?

Between shifted to Xtra green diesel from IOC from the last tank refill.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 01:17   #642
BHPian

[QUOTE
I am sure of this, as few weeks later I had a puncture in the front left tyre and was exactly reflected on the TPMS. Cheers.[/quote]

Many thanks Naetik30. That concludes my query, and am not going to do wheel balancing/ rotation/ alignment at the ASC who are infamous for this section of the service. Will get it done by a competent center outside the ASC. Cheers.
sunil_k_u is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 10th January 2023, 12:38   #643
BHPian

Quote:
I have been noticing recently that my car holds onto a gear even after reaching 3000 rpm and does not shift to next gear .This is in comfort mode. Hence sometimes i use the paddles to shift up and it accepts the command. I felt this might be because it is using the high rpm to burn off the soot in the DPF filter . Has anybody else experienced this?

Possibly the work of DPF. Would suggest a quick visit to the ASC and ask them to hook up the OBD and check for DPF soot load. That should give you a clear picture. Other point to note would be a slight drop in your fuel efficiency.
Old 10th January 2023, 18:09   #644
BHPian

Quote:

I too observed this especially when I am driving on highways or at consistent speed for long time and need to reduce the speed for some reason (like spead breaker etc). The revs and upshift time is considerably higher while increasing the speed, as compared to how it behaves if I had to slow down after regular speed and then increase it.
trave11er is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th January 2023, 11:39   #645
BHPian

Hi All,
Could someone please let me know if the wireless charging up front works for any of you with an antislip mat installed? I have an iphone 13 and the only way I can charge my phone wirelessly right now is to remove the anti slip mat that the car came with and i place the phone on the plastic directly. Just wanted to know other people's experience.

Thanks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks