Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th October 2022, 13:22   #511
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
We recently got it done on our Creta. The noise is pretty much gone. You would just want to ensure that the technicians working on your car are skillful and know what they are doing.
Thank you for the links. Agree, will ensure the technicians understand the problem before they try to fix it. It's a feeble noise from the center console - it sounds like a thin plastic tape fluttering.

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
I too faced this in the initial days of my ownership. It used to irritate me to the core. But after 6-7 months of usage, the Creaking sound is almost gone now. We do not hear it unless we press on the centre Console.
Did the problem disappear automatically?
Old 6th October 2022, 13:26   #512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BattleTank View Post

Did the problem disappear automatically?
Surprisingly, YES
msksalman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th October 2022, 15:27   #513
BHPian

Hello everyone,

Just completed a 1050 kms road trip in Alcazar 2.0 AT Signature 7str. Out of 1050 kms, 550 kms were in mountains / hilly terrain and rest on highways. The trip was from Delhi to Gurudwara Shri Hemkund Sahib in Uttarakhand.

The car performed very well. The handing was superb in the hilly terrain even in slightly higher speed. The body roll was negligible and could be felt only if you push the vehicle on the corners. The comfort of the car is very good.

The first leg of the journey was from Delhi to Rishikesh on 30th of Sept. The journey was very fine and the fuel economy at the end of the journey was 14.5kmpl as per the trip computer and stood at 14.06 by tank full method. The A/C was on all the time. The NVH level are so good that you get absolutely no sound inside the cabin while cruising patiently at 90-100 KMPH.

Next morning started from Rishikesh to Govind Ghat, about 20 kms ahead of Joshimath. As this is my first automatic vehicle, I was a little skeptical about driving the automatic in the mountains because I have always driven manual till now. But the performance was flawless. The power was available whenever required thanks to the 2.0 NA engine. The A/C was switched off. There were many patches of bad / under construction and broken roads due to landslides. But the jerks felt inside the cabin were minimal. The car was able to swallow the bad roads nicely.

There are lot of buzz around the trio beam headlight of the Alcazar, that it is not adequate, and I have seen people going for after market modification for the head light or even getting additional lights fixed from aftermarket. Although I’d driven alcazar in night earlier also and didn’t feel the head light inadequate, but this was time to see the throw and spread on the hills. It was dark when we reached Joshimath. But I found the head lights to be good in throw and spread and never felt like they are inadequate. The throw of high beam was also good. I have no complaints with the head light whatsoever.
Reached Gobind Ghat at about 7.30 in the evening on 1st of October and parked the car there. We went to the trek and came back on 4th October at about 1.00 in the afternoon. Started backward journey by 2.30 in the afternoon.

There is lot of construction / repair work going on in this route. We had plans to drive till Rishikesh by night but, as I didn’t want to drive late in night, were open to stop at Srinagar if we reach there by 10 – 10.30. The google showed a traffic jam of about 45 minutes on our way. The ETA to Srinagar was shown as 10 in the night. So, we thought that we will stop at Srinagar and will start the onward journey next morning. Somewhere in my mind, there was doubt that the google is showing 45 minutes jam but, it could be worse. There are people who don’t want to maintain the queue and cause the blockage for the traffic coming from other direction. But when we reached the point from where the road work was being done (only one lane was functional and other was closed for repairs), we were among the first 10 vehicles in the queue. Our lane was stopped for about 25 minutes and only the traffic coming from the other side was allowed. I was furious that why they are giving this much time to the traffic from other side and not giving same duration to both sides. But I could see the massive line of vehicle which was not coming to end. However, after 25 minutes or so, the traffic from the other side was stopped and we were given go ahead. When we started, I was shocked to see that the traffic buildup on the other side was about 4-5 kms from the point and it will take anywhere between 1.5 to 2 hrs for them to clear the stretch. Anyhow, we drove further and reached Srinagar at about 10 in the night. Thought that we should cross the Srinagar and then stay but we crossed Srinagar and then Kirti Nagar but there were very few placed to stay, and all were so full that there was not even place to park the vehicle. We thought that lets drive to Dev prayag but even there was no place to stay. It was 10.30 in the night. Kids were already asleep. The ETA at Rishikesh stood at 12.30, so, decided to reach Rishikesh for night stay. Reached Gurudwara in Rishikesh at 12.15. The room was easily available and called it a day after driving for 10 hrs. The fuel economy for this 520 kms drive was 10.5KMPL by thank full method.

Next morning, started from the Gurudwara Sahib at about 10 in the morning. Reached Crystal world, Haridwar at about 11. Spent 1.5 hours there and had nice brunch. Started at 12.30 from crystal world and reached home at Paschim Vihar in Delhi at 3.30. The Fuel economy as per MID was 16.0 KMPL.

The boot appears to be very small and with very little usability, but we were able to fit in 1big, 1 medium and 1 small bag very comfortably in it without folding the last bench. Other luggage was placed inside the cabin, and we didn’t find any problem with the space. We were two adults and 2 kids for the trip.

Overall, very happy with the space, comfort, practicality, features, power, drivability, handling and looks of the Alcazar.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-1.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-4.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-3.jpeg

Hyundai Alcazar Review-2.jpeg
Kulvinder is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 10:26   #514
BHPian

Hello,

I just noticed this kind of bloating on the front left wheel of my Alcazar. On touching it, it feels hard, possibly like an object. I have never paid attention to wheels before and only this tyre seems to have it. Is this normal or should I be worried? My first thought was that this may be some kind of a sensor, but if it was, shouldn’t it be on all the tyres? Any ideas or suggestions or inputs as to what this can be is welcome.

I just traveled from Mumbai to Nashik yesterday and am driving back in some time. Should I be worried?
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-b7f5d37081f04eadb1699c9b24855c6e.jpeg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-2d141c0501c542dd898094dc77ec95bc.jpeg  

Old 9th October 2022, 10:44   #515
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
I just traveled from Mumbai to Nashik yesterday and am driving back in some time. Should I be worried?
Yes get it checked at a reputed tyre shop before driving back. It is not any sensor inside the tyre. There is a definite problem with this tyre's sidewall. Sidewall bubble can mean compromised strength, leading to tyre bursts esp on highway runs.
Do not take a chance.

Last edited by drive2eternity : 9th October 2022 at 10:56.
drive2eternity is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 12:29   #516
dew

Quote:
Hello,

I just noticed this kind of bloating on the front left wheel of my Alcazar. On touching it, it feels hard, possibly like an object. I have never paid attention to wheels before and only this tyre seems to have it. Is this normal or should I be worried? My first thought was that this may be some kind of a sensor, but if it was, shouldn’t it be on all the tyres? Any ideas or suggestions or inputs as to what this can be is welcome.

Its not surprising. Alcazar has a side profile of 55 which is a silly idea. Combined with Apollo tires its a perfect recipe for tyre bulges and tear.

Low profile tyres are for sports cars for track use. Not for SUVs. If Hyundai wanted bigger tyres for their SUV they should have gone with bigger wheel walls that could accommodate tyres with bigger sidewalls. Instead of increasing the rim size, keeping overall tyre size exactly like creta.

dew is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th October 2022, 16:19   #517
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drive2eternity View Post
Yes get it checked at a reputed tyre shop before driving back. It is not any sensor inside the tyre. There is a definite problem with this tyre's sidewall. Sidewall bubble can mean compromised strength, leading to tyre bursts esp on highway runs.
Do not take a chance.
Thanks, luckily there was a garage close to where I was and the mechanic looked at the tyre and said I could drive back. I managed to get back to Mumbai now, and oh boy some of the craters on the road made me anxious as hell, but made it back without issues.

Will get in touch with my SA at Shreem Hyundai this week to understand what this is and whether tyre needs replacement.
Old 10th October 2022, 08:27   #518
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks, luckily there was a garage close to where I was and the mechanic looked at the tyre and said I could drive back. I managed to get back to Mumbai now, and oh boy some of the craters on the road made me anxious as hell, but made it back without issues.

Will get in touch with my SA at Shreem Hyundai this week to understand what this is and whether tyre needs replacement.
Not a good decision to drive back with that. You were lucky - do not tempt fate again.

This tyre needs to be replaced by Hyundai under warranty. But as per warranty process, you will have to leave the tyre with the service station and it will take about a week-two weeks for replacement to arrive. You should plan to drive around with the spare and hopefully within city limits.
Naetik30 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 08:33   #519
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
juddering from the transmission I experienced a couple of times in the last week of August.
Quote:
On Sep 8 morning as I was driving into office, the juddering restarted again. This was at about 65kmph/1800 rpm on the inner ring road.
The problem is, it is not consistently reproducible yet.
May I suggest installing a dashcam, so that you have visual-audio proof of the juddering. It will help the workshop and fellow owners to understand what you are experiencing.

Is it consistently happening only around 65? That's about the speed, MT prompts you to upshift to 6th gear.
Old 11th October 2022, 10:56   #520

Quote:
As luck would have it - within 24 hours of my last post mentioning, that no juddering was observed, it came right back. . No happy at all.

On Sep 8 morning as I was driving into office, the juddering restarted again. This was at about 65kmph/1800 rpm on the inner ring road. This time the juddering was bad and it went away after I braked and accelerated again.

Again in the evening and next day morning, I observed the juddering for few seconds. The problem is, it is not consistently reproducible yet. But for every hour of drive it occurs once or twice and lasts for less than 5 seconds or so. There is no check engine light or any errors on the console.

My doubts are strongly on -
1. Fuel injectors
2. Clutch
3. Transmission
4. TCM and related sensors.
5. Engine mounts (less probability)

I called up Mr. Johnson from Lakshmi Hyundai yesterday and updated him about it. He was supportive as usual. So that is a good thing. I asked him to inform Hyundai and get a list of items they are willing to check. I will have to leave the car with them for a couple of days. Told him will only leave it when I know they have a clear plan on what all to check.

So, planning to leave the car with them on Monday and hope this time, the real issue would be resolved.

This issue is starting to ruin an otherwise excellent ownership.
I have been facing a similar issue ever since I bought the car. Every morning it judders going from 1st gear to 2nd and 3rd. It also happens every evening if the car is parked all day (which mostly it is since my drive is to office and back home).

Have shown it to the dealer, did scans, did road tests, complained multiple times to Hyundai but till date the problem has not been solved. Every time all they say is that the scanner is not showing anything so we can't do anything. I have driven approx 7k in a little over one year. And this one issue has been ruining my ownership experience ever since.

If you get a solution to the problem please do share
rohan6391 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 12:45   #521
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rohan6391 View Post
I have been facing a similar issue ever since I bought the car. Every morning it judders going from 1st gear to 2nd and 3rd. It also happens every evening if the car is parked all day (which mostly it is since my drive is to office and back home).
My issue is almost closed. Please see update in the post above yours (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5418852 (Hyundai Alcazar Review)). It has been diagnozed as a fuel injector problem and the same is getting replaced as I type this.

On your issue - please find a good service advisor and explain the problem. Even in my case, there was no error message and it is not easy to root cause. As you mentioned it happens during gear shifts, it could be the clutch or the transmission.
Old 11th October 2022, 12:57   #522

Quote:
My issue is almost closed. Please see update in the post above yours (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5418852 (Hyundai Alcazar Review)). It has been diagnozed as a fuel injector problem and the same is getting replaced as I type this.

On your issue - please find a good service advisor and explain the problem. Even in my case, there was no error message and it is not easy to root cause. As you mentioned it happens during gear shifts, it could be the clutch or the transmission.
I told him to check everything but the dealers in gurgaon are just not bothered. They take a road test, say nothing on scanners and return the car. While I read about such issues on the internet, my first guess was also fuel injectors but they are refusing to check further. Even Hyundai technical team does nothing. I have taken my car multiple times to 2 different dealers but still no resolution.

I have also been facing another issue - air purifier keeps beeping randomly and starts itself while driving the car. Even after switching it off it starts randomly if arm is on armrest. I got the air purifier changes but still facing this issue.

Have you faced such an issue too ?
Old 11th October 2022, 14:02   #523
BHPian

Quote:

I have also been facing another issue - air purifier keeps beeping randomly and starts itself while driving the car. Even after switching it off it starts randomly if arm is on armrest. I got the air purifier changes but still facing this issue.

Have you faced such an issue too ?
I can answer this , you would have accidently touched the power button with your arm which was resting on the arm rest. Happened to me a couple of times too until i realized that it was me who was doing it by accident .
callmeneo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th October 2022, 14:52   #524

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
I can answer this , you would have accidently touched the power button with your arm which was resting on the arm rest. Happened to me a couple of times too until i realized that it was me who was doing it by accident .
Haha! Nope, I made sure to check my arm was away from the button. In fact recorded the cabin activity during one of the drives to check if at any point I was touching it by mistake
Old 11th October 2022, 15:31   #525
BHPian

Quote:
Haha! Nope, I made sure to check my arm was away from the button. In fact recorded the cabin activity during one of the drives to check if at any point I was touching it by mistake

I see that your location is Gurgaon. I just had a thought if the purifier is being triggered when the AQI goes above a certain reading?
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks