Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2022, 11:32   #466
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Anyone purchased extended warranty.
I have paid for the extended warranty and received the invoice. But I am yet to get the warranty papers and the Hyundai App does not reflect the extended warranty details.

How do I know if my extended warranty is active?
Old 14th September 2022, 15:54   #467
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by born_free View Post
Anyone purchased extended warranty.
I have paid for the extended warranty and received the invoice. But I am yet to get the warranty papers and the Hyundai App does not reflect the extended warranty details.

How do I know if my extended warranty is active?
I am in the same boat as you are. I pretty much had to pester the Showroom to get an extended warranty - I picked 7 Years/1,00,000 Kms based on my running estimates. The payment has been made, confirmation has been received on WhatsApp but no official document from the showroom as yet. Mind you it was only done a week back, and it was last day for me to get a slab 1 price (warranty purchased within 3 months of the car's delivery) so I had to rush things through. Will update once I receive official confirmation of the same.
Ays7 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 12:03   #468
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ays7 View Post
I am in the same boat as you are. I pretty much had to pester the Showroom to get an extended warranty - I picked 7 Years/1,00,000 Kms based on my running estimates. The payment has been made, confirmation has been received on WhatsApp but no official document from the showroom as yet. Mind you it was only done a week back, and it was last day for me to get a slab 1 price (warranty purchased within 3 months of the car's delivery) so I had to rush things through. Will update once I receive official confirmation of the same.
Same here. Purchased a 7year/1,00,000 km EW for 2.0AT Signature. Received the invoice but there is nothing else from the dealership. The Certificate number and VIN number of the vehicle is there on the invoice. Is it not enough? Should there be a separate EW certificate given by HMIL / Dealer? Not sure.....
Icing on the cake, the address on the invoice is incorrect and asked them to get it changed...
Kulvinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 18:39   #469
BHPian

Quote:
I am in the same boat as you are. I pretty much had to pester the Showroom to get an extended warranty -.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kulvinder View Post
The Certificate number and VIN number of the vehicle is there on the invoice. Is it not enough? Should there be a separate EW certificate given by HMIL / Dealer? Not sure.....
Icing on the cake, the address on the invoice is incorrect, and asked them to get it changed...
I believe we should be able to see the warranty details on Hyundai Care App.

Register your vehicle in the Hyundai Care app and then go to My Account->Warranty Status.
It has both Basic Warranty and Extended Warranty details.

I can see the basic warranty details updated but the extended warranty section is empty.
I called Hyundai customer care regarding the same and they said I can check the warranty status from any Hyundai service center.
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 19:01   #470
BHPian

Quote:
I believe we should be able to see the warranty details on Hyundai Care App.

Register your vehicle in the Hyundai Care app and then go to My Account->Warranty Status.
It has both Basic Warranty and Extended Warranty details.

I can see the basic warranty details updated but the extended warranty section is empty.
I called Hyundai customer care regarding the same and they said I can check the warranty status from any Hyundai service center.
I was not using the Hyundai Care app. Just installed after reading your post and after adding the vehicle, I'm able to see the extended warranty in the app.
Maybe you should check with the dealer for this.
Kulvinder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th September 2022, 20:23   #471
BHPian

Quote:
I was not using the Hyundai Care app. Just installed after reading your post and after adding the vehicle, I'm able to see the extended warranty in the app.
Maybe you should check with the dealer for this.
Thanks for confirming.
Could you tell me when did you purchase the extended warranty
born_free is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 12:40   #472
BHPian

Quote:
Same here. Purchased a 7year/1,00,000 km EW for 2.0AT Signature. Received the invoice but there is nothing else from the dealership. The Certificate number and VIN number of the vehicle is there on the invoice. Is it not enough? Should there be a separate EW certificate given by HMIL / Dealer? Not sure.....
Icing on the cake, the address on the invoice is incorrect and asked them to get it changed...
Where did you purchase the 7th year extended warranty from ? I took the delivery of my car on last week of Aug (with 4th & 5th year extended warranty) and the dealer mentioned that dealers are yet to get details for 7 year warranty.
He also mentioned you can purchase it later when your 5 year warranty is about the expire - but looking at some of the post I see it needs to be purchased within 3 months of purchase ?
Any pointes would be helpful.
Old 16th September 2022, 13:47   #473
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Personally, I'd avoid any such tracking devices especially from insurance companies even if they offered any discounts. I don't want any private entities tracking my vehicle's every movement, location, speed, braking and a zillion other things. In my mind, insurers look for every opportunity to deny claims. Such a device makes their task easier.

Data privacy is in it's infancy in India!
They will probably also sell your location data to advertisers and other data collection companies to track your habits and build a targeted ad profile. I'm sure car manufacturers are doing this too sadly, hence the sudden increase in connected car features being offered for free.
Cresterk is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 14:04   #474
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks for confirming.
Could you tell me when did you purchase the extended warranty
I'd purchased the car from VD Hyundai, Peeragarhi, New Delhi. Initially when I asked them for the 6th and 7th year EW, they had no idea about it. When I showed them the price list on the Hyundai Website, they were like "We have not received our prices as yet". But I kept on following with them and finally, I bought 4th and 5th 60000km EW for 15978/- all-inclusive and 6th and 7th year for 29780/- all inclusive. I'd given them go ahead on the 29th of Aug when I took my car for a complete wash and asked them to collect the cheque from my office. I received call from the SA on 31st Aug saying that being the last of the month, if I confirm, they will punch the EW on that day itself and will collect the cheque in a day or two from office and will send the EW certificate to me when the cheque is cleared. I agreed and it is done now.
Old 16th September 2022, 14:07   #475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
Where did you purchase the 7th year extended warranty from ? I took the delivery of my car on last week of Aug (with 4th & 5th year extended warranty) and the dealer mentioned that dealers are yet to get details for 7 year warranty.
He also mentioned you can purchase it later when your 5 year warranty is about the expire - but looking at some of the post I see it needs to be purchased within 3 months of purchase ?
Any pointes would be helpful.
I purchased from the dealer from which I purchased the car, VD Hyundai, Peeragarhi, New Delhi. You can purchase it just before the expiry of your 5th year EW but the prices will be higher. I've purchased 4th / 5th year and 6th / 7th year EW. So, peace of mind for 7 years and 1,00,000 kms.
Kulvinder is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 21:10   #476
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by trave11er View Post
Please see my previous post. Install the Hyundai care app and go to My Account->Warranty Status.

From here you can choose to purchase the extended warranty for up to 7 years.
born_free is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 16th September 2022, 21:38   #477
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Please see my previous post. Install the Hyundai care app and go to My Account->Warranty Status.

From here you can choose to purchase the extended warranty for up to 7 years.
Thank you so much. I am able to view my warranty and also see options for extended warranty
Old 17th September 2022, 11:41   #478
mtk
BHPian

I'm sure many owners here have installed a dashcam on your Alcazar.

Could you please suggest the brand and model number based on your experience?
Old 17th September 2022, 14:01   #479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtk View Post
I'm sure many owners here have installed a dashcam on your Alcazar.

Could you please suggest the brand and model number based on your experience?
I seriously contemplated installing a Dashcam, but I do not think there are any Hyundai approved Dash Cams, and I am not that savvy to be able to install one myself, hence I refrained. If Hyundai comes up with a recommended model in future, I might.
Old 17th September 2022, 14:31   #480
mtk
BHPian

Quote:
I seriously contemplated installing a Dashcam, but I do not think there are any Hyundai approved Dash Cams, and I am not that savvy to be able to install one myself, hence I refrained. If Hyundai comes up with a recommended model in future, I might.
Hyundai said they will install one and give during the delivery. They were installing Blaupunkt single channel and quoted around 10k. I immediately rejected.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks