Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st May 2022, 20:53   #331
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
The 18" wheel has a profile of 55% as compared to 60% in the 17" (yes its inverse)on the Alcazar. I am not sure if this translates into any kind of vulnerability to side wall damage, in the Alcazar. .
Comparing the sizes of the two wheels we can see that 18 inch (215/55 R18) tires have less side wall than 17 inch (215/60 R17) while the wheel circumference is almost same.

Is it possible to request dealer to change the wheels to 17 inch that comes in lower variant of Alcazar? Has anyone done tyre swap at dealer level?

There were issues on Innova with same section of tyres (255/55/ R17).

Quote:
The Innova Crysta's ZX variant used to earlier come with 17-inch alloys, shod with 215/55 tyres. These large wheels and low profile tyres weren't a practical option, especially in the comfort-oriented MPV segment. Though the larger alloys looked good visually, they ruined the MPV's ride quality, something that was pointed out in our official review as well.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...back-17-a.html (Toyota Innova Crysta ZX dumps 17" wheels for 16". UPDATE: Back to 17")
Attached Images

Last edited by born_free : 21st May 2022 at 20:57.
born_free is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2022, 22:30   #332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jazzrockz View Post
OT - got a TPMS warning for right rear wheel, after a drenched night in Bangalore, didn't go off even when the PSI was at 35..
I've been getting the TPMS warning almost regularly these days despite all tyre pressures being near normal. I've learnt to ignore them, but I worry at a possible time in future when the warning turns out real.
Old 23rd May 2022, 08:12   #333
BHPian

The 'Kitna Deti Hai' update:

So 2000kms up on the car in about 20+ days. And here is the mileage update.

Last weekend was stuck in multiple jams on a 10km drive from Jayanagar 4th block to Bannerghatta Road. What should have taken 20 minutes, took more than an hour and here is what I got.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220521_083443614.jpg

On my regular commute to work from Bannerghatta road to Whitefield in the mornings, I get a pretty good 17-18kmpl.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220502_023011942.jpg
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220505_023315621.jpg

On a pure highway drive of 20+ kms (mostly at 100kmph), got an awesome number. This was a personal mileage record.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220522_122549163.jpg

So overall, highways is 20+kmpl easily. Moderate traffic on city roads I get 16-18kmpl and on the worst bumper-bumper traffic days it is 7-8kmpl. As expected, on longer runs of 20+kms I always tend to get better mileage.

Also, got a chance to check out the luggage carrying capacity of the car/cross-ver/SUV/whatever. Got bought my son a cycle in my hometown during the lockdown-WFH days. Was considering disposing it off there and buying a new one in BLR. But turned out folks wont even take it if given for free. So, decided to ship to BLR by a bus (and for a measly INR 400, it turned out to be a great deal). It arrived on Saturday and went to pick it up in the evening to Electronics city.

First, tumbled down the 3rd and 2nd rows and double covered the area with an old carpet and an old bedsheet. Was able to easily fit in the cycle and had spare space for a couple more.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220521_131752543.jpg
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-pxl_20220521_131756306.jpg  

Naetik30 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th May 2022, 12:45   #334

This is my first comment. It is such a nice and proud feeling to be a part of this great community.

Hello everyone!

So, our brand-new Alcazar AT diesel was delivered this week. My first car was an i20 and I was looking to upgrade to a suitable 7-seater.

Why Alcazar?
  • The safety, convenience in the city, and a truckload of features on the Alcazar fulfilled all my requirements and more.
  • Because of the relationship I had with the i20 and the brand for the past 7 years, the natural instinct was to continue with Hyundai.
Then again, other brands didn’t really attract though they had some competitive cars. One good example was Kia: I felt completely different in their showroom and not in a good way. They didn’t put up the top-end model for the show inside the showroom and literally, no one seemed to have the intention of selling the cars. One sales guy went to get the price sheet and he was never to be found again.

In conclusion, The Alcazar is a fantastic car like many of our friends here said. I am loving every bit of it. I don’t have any complaints and didn’t hear any major issues reported by others (at least from what I have gathered).

Thanks to all for sharing such invaluable feedback and opinions. With that analyzed and processed in my mind, I could confidently go ahead with the purchase.

Wonderful feeling again discussing and sharing the love of cars. Cheers!
shankar12 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 20:39   #335

Have anyone installed automatic window rollup in Alcazar or any of your cars?
I was showing off the Alcazar to my friends on a recent trip and they were kind of teasing me that I paid so much and yet no auto rollup. Then they mentioned some good after-market kit is available.

Would like to hear your views. If anyone has installed or knows any shop in Bangalore, please share. Thanks.
Old 31st May 2022, 08:08   #336
BHPian

Dashcam:

Has anyone successfully connected a dashcam on the Alcazar. I have a transcend DP200 that I had bought for my Verna. I was able to connect it on my Verna by routing it myself.

But on the Alcazar, there is absolutely no gap to route the wire from the cam to the 12V socket. I am trying to avoid prying open the overhead trims to do the routing. Little worried that it can lead to rattles later on.

Any suggestions? Something like a USB port near the IRVM housing would have been great (similar to the one available on Astor).
Old 31st May 2022, 10:58   #337
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naetik30 View Post
Dashcam:

Has anyone successfully connected a dashcam on the Alcazar. I have a transcend DP200 that I had bought for my Verna. I was able to connect it on my Verna by routing it myself.

I have the same Dashcam which I was using for my previous car and now using with Alcazar.
I routed the wiring, from the Top of the IRVM > Inside the Windshield Padding on the top and then through the A-Pillar Plastic area (This can be slightly taken out a little so that you can push the wire inside it), from the A-pillar if u drop the wire it directly comes below the Steering wheel, (Again there is a Fuse box which you can Open and pull-push the wire from the top) > from there you can run the wire through below the Steering and may be with a ZipLine or a Tape wrap it around the Plastic area and take it till the Cigarette Lighter.
msksalman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 12:05   #338
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msksalman View Post
I have the same Dashcam which I was using for my previous car and now using with Alcazar.
I routed the wiring, from the Top of the IRVM > Inside the Windshield Padding on the top and then through the A-Pillar Plastic area (This can be slightly taken out a little so that you can push the wire inside it), from the A-pillar if u drop the wire it directly comes below the Steering wheel
Thanks a ton. Could you post some pics of how you have routed here? My query is mainly on how you could push the cable in under the windshield padding, as there is absolutely no space. Did you remove the trim padding using some tools?
Old 31st May 2022, 12:30   #339
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks a ton. Could you post some pics of how you have routed here? My query is mainly on how you could push the cable in under the windshield padding, as there is absolutely no space. Did you remove the trim padding using some tools?
Sure I can help you with few pictures or Videos. But I am currently out of city with my other Car. So, I can only help you over the weekend when I am back.

Meanwhile, I hope we are on the same page on what I mean about windshield Padding ( I am not very good with proper Terminologies). I mean the Top of the Windshield and the Roof Lining. So here, you literally DO NOT need any tools to remove the Padding. you just need something like an Old Credit Card or similar items so that u can just push the wire inside.
(I completed my whole process by using a "Hair Removal plastic Spatula" If you can find one at your home)

You can also refer to the video I just found on YouTube. I have done the exact routing as this guy mentioned (refer 0:36)

Note: Never use any hard tools like Screw Drivers.
msksalman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 16:56   #340
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
You can use the prying tool which comes with the dashcam to push wires inside the beading on roof and around door. I have done same way to install 70mai pro plus+ on my Creta. I guess Alcazar shouldn't be much different.
Old 1st June 2022, 02:15   #341
BHPian

Quote:
Dashcam:

Has anyone successfully connected a dashcam on the Alcazar.
Any suggestions? Something like a USB port near the IRVM housing would have been great (similar to the one available on Astor).
I have DIY the '70mai Pro Plus' myself on my Alcazar, and have been happily using it since. Attaching some of the pics taken immediately after install. I have also tried to make some markings on the pics for your easy reference.

As you can see on the pics, I have routed the cable through the roofline near the front windshield, beading near the left-side A-Pillar all the way down, through the bottom part of the glove box till the 12V outlet. I had used the prying tool came along with the cable kit and routed the cable end-to-end to make it almost invisible.

Happy DIY

Regards/ Sunil.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-1.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-2.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-3.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-4.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-5.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-6.jpg  

Last edited by sunil_k_u : 1st June 2022 at 02:27.
sunil_k_u is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 07:29   #342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
I have DIY the '70mai Pro Plus' myself on my Alcazar, and have been happily using it since. I had used the prying tool came along with the cable kit and routed the cable end-to-end to make it almost invisible.

Happy DIY

Regards/ Sunil.
This is very useful @sunil_k_u . On the Verna, there was enough gap in the trim and did not need a prying/trim tool to run the cable. But on the Alcazar there is almost no gap between the windsheild and the padding/trim.

Question - Did you get the prying tool with the dash cam? I didnt get one with the Transcend one I have (bought 7+ years ago). May have to buy one off Amazon.

OT - I noticed you havent yet removed the white stickers on the infotainment unit. Infact, I didnt realize that was a protective sticker for 2 weeks, until my wife pointed it out. The dash looks much better without it.

Last edited by Naetik30 : 1st June 2022 at 07:31. Reason: Updated the reply
Old 1st June 2022, 16:28   #343
BHPian

Quote:
This is very useful @sunil_k_u .
Question - Did you get the prying tool with the dash cam? I didnt get one with the Transcend one I have (bought 7+ years ago). May have to buy one off Amazon.

OT - I noticed you havent yet removed the white stickers on the infotainment unit. Infact, I didnt realize that was a protective sticker for 2 weeks, until my wife pointed it out. The dash looks much better without it.
Thanks Naetik30. Yes, the prying tool (kept near the gear lever and highlighted on the pic) came along with the Dashcam and the cable kit. I noticed it is of very high strength and good quality that it did not make any marks/ scratches on the plastic/ rubber beading while routing the cable along. As you rightly said the plastic lining at the A-pillar/ rubber beading are tightly fixed in the Alcazar and hence routing the cable along is a bit of a task. I suggest you find some time and go slow with it.

I had spent around 2 hours approx from starting till final finish, and never had to look back/ modify the cabling after that.

I agree that the white stickers needs to be removed for a better appearance of the area around the infotainment system. Noticed that this area is made of piano finish material and is highly prone to scratches (the area near the gear lever/ front cup holders have already a couple of scratches at the passenger side). So I am reluctant to remove it until I decide/ find some time for ways to protect that area

Just wondering how others are managing to avoid scratches in these areas
sunil_k_u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 17:33   #344
BHPian

Quote:
Dashcam:

But on the Alcazar, there is absolutely no gap to route the wire from the cam to the 12V socket. I am trying to avoid prying open the overhead trims to do the routing. Little worried that it can lead to rattles later on.

Hi Naetik, i had installed the DDPAI Min 5 $K dashcam on the Alcazar.
I used the hardwire kit myself.
I had updated it on the Dashcam thread.
Link below
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/car-e...ml#post5176077 (The Dashcam / Car Video Recorder (DVR) Thread)

I am in Bangalore and happy to assist if needed.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 13:15   #345
BHPian

After spending around 91K Km in my 2014 Verna CRDI, I opted for an Alcazar Petrol MT 7S Platinum (since there's no Signature in Petrol MT 7S). This being our 4th Hyundai, that too from Advaith, it was a short & pleasant experience overall. We did go in for exchange and Advaith team gave us the best VFM offer, as compared to the many online / app based players.
We had to drive down to Kerala, and since the vehicle is in run-in period, i have kept the speed within the recommended 80-100Kmph. It's a smooth cruiser, and loves to be driven sedately. I have noticed that the engine can be pretty boomy when revved, probably due to the initial period.
Twisty roads are managed without too much of body roll, but the length really shows up. Overall on highways, it's a comfortable cruiser. In heavy traffic, the MT reminds of its presence, but it's no major concern for regular users. On the other hand, in hilly terrain, the MT is a real boon and you're never short on power with the 2L engine.
We are a family of 4, 2 adults and 2 children, and the big boot is a big help for all the luggage. And when we require, the flexibility of additional 2 seats is a boon for short trips for extended family.
Overall, it's a well appointed, capable machine, which gives typical Indian city dwellers the ideal flexible mobility solution. However, if you're looking for lugging around 5+ members and luggage more frequent than not, then I'd suggest look elsewhere.
OT - We had considered Kia Carens and did TD etc at Epitome Kia. But with the apathetic way they behaved, we just walked out of the showroom & went straight to Advaith. I must add that Nandi Toyota Whitefield was again a very pleasant engagement for us. However based on our short and long term requirement, we opted for Alcazar. Many of the good car brands in India, doesn't realize, how important is the training of the dealer staff, including soft skills, especially since they're the customer facing entity for respective brands.
kosh4u is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks