Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2021, 01:37   #196
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rahulinthecity View Post
Hi Jatin, Compared to the petrol, I felt from a starting position, the diesel takes time to build up speed in comfort mode.
I haven’t had the chance to drive the petrol model yet but I feel diesel would definitely have a better pick up due to higher torque as compared to petrol. Rest I can’t say without driving.

Quote:
Jatin how is the FE, my previous ride, the 1.6 CRDI Creta used to give me an average 12Km/l for mostly city use. Is the 1.5 better in city FE?
I have driven the car mostly in city and the mileage I have been getting is around 10-12kmpl. I was expecting a lil more though as my other ride is a Dzire and it just goes on and on.
Though on night rides and on empty roads with a light foot I have been able to see 15 kmpl.
On highway commute I guess one can get around 16-18 kmpl easily.
The mileage I have mentioned is with AC always on.
Jatin247 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2021, 02:02   #197
BHPian

What is the waiting period commitment from dealers for 1.5 D AT Signeture trim? Modi Hyundai is talking about 4 month waiting period.

I got a call from a dealer that Platinum and Prestige trims were available with them for delivery.
Old 21st September 2021, 09:38   #198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post
What is the waiting period commitment from dealers for 1.5 D AT Signeture trim? Modi Hyundai is talking about 4 month waiting period.
Waiting period is similar in Hyderabad as well. Signature Diesel AT seems to be the highest selling trim and hence longer wait times. You can still go ahead and book it. Dealer will update you in case they have any cancellations or an early possibility of vehicle delivery. It will help if you are flexible on colour of vehicle. I booked Black colour vehicle and waited for 3 months. Visited another dealer finally and they offered me a Brown colour one (which actually looks more like Grey). I took it and got the vehicle delivered in couple of days.
vkivaturi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2021, 16:35   #199
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am a first generation CRETA SX diesal 1.6 owner and very happy with car.
Car is now 6 years old. The only regret that i had was that i opted for Manual instead of Automatic as i used to drive around 35 kms daily to office (to and fro) in bangalore traffic pre COVID lockdown. I enjoy the drive in highways when i travel to my hometown Kochi. Driving the turbo charged engine was a pleasure on highways and in city when there is no traffic.
My creta has completed 56k Kms (thanks to lockdown, else it should have reached 70k ).
When i was in kochi, during the lockdown for couple of months, i had the opportunity to drive my sisters Kia seltos automatic petrol 1.4, couple of times .Thats when i realised that i should have purchased an automatic instead of manual for my office commute.
As offices are opening soon, i have planned to buy an automatic car .
Another factor is that i need an 7 seater to accommodate my family of 4 (includes 10 year and 5 year old boys) and occasional parents visit to bangalore. I was quite excited when i heard hyundai is launching a 7 seater extension of Creta. I visited the popular hyundai showroom in kochi and testdrove the 6 seater auto petrol platinum (7 seater was not available) and iwas not very impressed due to below reasons.
1)the middle row captain seats is kind of cramped and not comfortable
2)petrol 2.0 litre had lag compared to seltos/creta 1.4 L turbo engine

I am unhappy that hyundai is not promoting the 7 seater (7 seater variant only available in Prestige).

I am awaiting the XUV 700 launch and will decide between alcazr 7 seater auto diesal (prestige) and XUV 700 7 seater diesal automatic.
Old 23rd September 2021, 21:41   #200

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post

I got a call from a dealer that Platinum and Prestige trims were available with them for delivery.
I just recently got the delivery of the Petrol 2.0 AT and this was after a good 3 months of wait time. I had pre-booked the car, but changed the color from Starry Night to Tiaga Brown that ended up delaying the purchase.
Now the dealer (Kothari Hyundai) is providing a 4 month waiting period for the Automatics.

Btw.. the car is perfect for my requirements, i.e. a Family car that can haul 2 adults + 2 kids (under 10) to long drives to Goa, etc. At the same time, it is useful to carry 6 folks (+ grandparents) when in the city.
akkiman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 08:49   #201
BHPian

I have been driving the Alcazar Diesel AT for 2 weeks now. Here are some numbers of fuel efficiency. Most of the driving is in Comfort mode.

- 12 kmpl in bumper-to-bumper city traffic on really bad roads
- 16 kmpl in mild traffic conditions in city (occasional traffic signals, consistent speed of 40+ kmph otherwise)
- 20+ kmpl on highway (in my case, ORR of Hyderabad, 90 kmph cruise).

I also did some small calibrated drives to check the variation in FE by changing drive modes. Sport mode gives around 15% less kmpl but helps immensely with high rpm. Eco mode FE is marginally better than Comfort, but I think this will vary based on the traffic conditions in which we drive.
vkivaturi is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 15:07   #202
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkivaturi View Post
I have been driving the Alcazar Diesel AT for 2 weeks now. Here are some numbers of fuel efficiency. Most of the driving is in Comfort mode.

- 12 kmpl in bumper-to-bumper city traffic on really bad roads
- 16 kmpl in mild traffic conditions in city (occasional traffic signals, consistent speed of 40+ kmph otherwise)
- 20+ kmpl on highway (in my case, ORR of Hyderabad, 90 kmph cruise).
Thank you Vkivaturi, these are very good Fuel Efficiency figures, i have booked the Signature AT Diesel 6S and waiting for picking it up post Oct 6th.
The only feature missing is an auto tailgate in my view, else it is loaded to the max.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th September 2021, 22:30   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkivaturi View Post
based on the figures of just driving 500kms with the petrol AT 2.0 in the past few days. Long term figures would take a few months.
~9.5 kmpl - City traffic (bumper to bumper)
~16 kmpl - Mumbai Pune Expressway
akkiman is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th September 2021, 12:28   #204
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkiman View Post
based on the figures of just driving 500kms with the petrol AT 2.0 in the past few days. Long term figures would take a few months.
~9.5 kmpl - City traffic (bumper to bumper)
~16 kmpl - Mumbai Pune Expressway
Looks like very decent FE figures for a petrol AT. Which driving mode were you using & what speed were you crusing on the Highway?

Last edited by Manojah : 30th September 2021 at 12:32.
Old 3rd October 2021, 01:00   #205

IMHO this is a quite underrated car of the mid size 5 plus seater SUVs lot. I have driven now over 2500kms over varying terrains and conditions.

Pros:
No niggles whatsoever. (Zero) for a new product that’s commendable.

360 camera works flawlessly.

Huge boot space with third row down and flat loading lip.

Size and shape of the car is such that despite being a SUV, navigates tight stretches very well.

No cabin noise or rattles anywhere.

Capable cruiser on long highway stretches

Welcome orvm and remote start is great and works flawlessly with key.

12 hours plus drive stretches at one go done without any back breaking.

Cons:

Slight lag in automatic downshifts.

High speed handling slightly like a boat.

Either the whole car should have dark chrome or remove it all together.

Braking feels a little lagging as compared to other similar cars.

Fuel efficiency is a dud. Around 8KMPL on average.

Wishlist:

Wireless android auto apple car play.

Some beefier external accessories/ design changes to bring out the SUV element.

Soft touch dashboard.

Turbo petrol with DCT

Flowing led tail lamps.

Memory function for seat position.

Better and chunkier steering. Not the I20 one.

Sportier chrome and not the ones picked from venue.
amanbansal0291 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 09:22   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manojah View Post
Looks like very decent FE figures for a petrol AT. Which driving mode were you using & what speed were you crusing on the Highway?
On the highway, I was driving mostly (95%) on comfort mode although I did switch to sports mode sometimes. I was mostly averaging around 80 - 100 kmph throughout (and thankfully there were no traffic jams)

In the city, with traffic getting heavier post lockdown, I would say the fuel efficiency figures are around 8.5 - 9. Still not bad considering the car's size.
Old 4th October 2021, 10:57   #207
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by akkiman View Post
On the highway, I was driving mostly (95%) on comfort mode although I did switch to sports mode sometimes. I was mostly averaging around 80 - 100 kmph throughout (and thankfully there were no traffic jams)

In the city, with traffic getting heavier post lockdown, I would say the fuel efficiency figures are around 8.5 - 9. Still not bad considering the car's size.
Looks good. Alcazar Petrol AT seems to be again back in contention for me.

Next time you are on the Highway, try driving it harder ( if possible ) and check the FE and please let me know. I could use Alcazar mainly for my Shimla - Delhi Highway drives and just want to check FE figures on Highways if driven hard.
Old 4th October 2021, 13:32   #208
BHPian

[Fuel efficiency is a dud. Around 8KMPL on average.
[/quote]

From the FE figures it looks like you have the Petrol AT. Do you mainly drive in the city, looks like that as per the FE figures you have quoted.

Do keep the forum updated on FE figures for City bumper to bumper and for Highway drices.

With the ptrol cost touching new heights everyday, factual FE figures are becomg more & more relevant.

Thanks.
Old 6th October 2021, 14:31   #209
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amanbansal0291 View Post
Cons:

Slight lag in automatic downshifts.

High speed handling slightly like a boat.

Either the whole car should have dark chrome or remove it all together.

Braking feels a little lagging as compared to other similar cars.

Fuel efficiency is a dud. Around 8KMPL on average.
Can you please mention which variant is your Alcazar?
By looking at the FE, assume it is petrol.
Old 7th October 2021, 17:32   #210

I find myself increasingly driving in Sports mode while driving in and around the city. My FE hasn't dropped by much, and I get around 14-15 Kmpl or thereabouts. Overall though, during longer runs it can easily manage around 16-17 Kmpl with 50% highway driving with Sports mode on all the time.

Comfort is best for highways and general cruising, Sports is necessary in the hills and even while putzing around the city. Never used Eco as yet. It has been close to 2000 kms, and it has been a trouble free drive so far...

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks