Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th October 2021, 22:06   #211
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

I was eagerly waiting to join the EV band wagon with the MG ZS EV but happened to see the Alcazar and loved the gizmos.
My lease of my Creta 1.6 CRDI AT got over and I went for a new lease and picked the Alcazar instead of the EV. I will pen a separate discussion on this.
Will stick to the Alcazar in this thread.

Picked up the Signature 1.5 AT, Starry Night from Blue Hyundai on the 7th Oct.

Blue Hyundai Bel Road, Basement Delivery Bay
Hyundai Alcazar Review-alcazar-_blue-hyundai_01.jpg

The Alcazar at the Sahakar nagar Temple for pooja.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-alcazar-_temple-_02.jpg
Selfie with my son.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-alcazar_temple_05.jpg

On the 8th visited CarSmith to get 3M CR70 on the Windscreen and Panoramic roof.

My quick observations.

1. The 1.5 Diesel is great for city driving.
2. Felt adequate on the highways when overtaking
3. The tray table at the back, is great when parked. When closed while driving, it closes with a big thud. I thought i hit a rock or something.
4. Bose speakers sound ok when listening to Radio.
5. Love the Digital Instrument Cluster and navigation option.
6. Inbuilt Navigation was used to locate CarSmith and did so perfectly.
7. BlueLink app does not seem to work most of the time I tried it.

Will write a more detailed review after the 1st Free service.
yajaman99 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 16th October 2021, 07:54   #212
Senior - BHPian

New TVC

nairrk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2021, 20:51   #213

Congratulations on your new buy. Wish you safe and happy miles in the alcazar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yajaman99 View Post
On the 8th visited CarSmith to get 3M CR70 on the Windscreen and Panoramic roof.
Could you please upload some pictures after CR70 film installtion. Any specific reason why you chose to get Panaromic Sunroof filmed as well? I am just wondering if you faced any issues with heating of the cabin due to sun?
Shalom1506 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2021, 14:17   #214
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shalom1506 View Post
Congratulations on your new buy. Wish you safe and happy miles in the alcazar.

Could you please upload some pictures after CR70 film installation. Any specific reason why you chose to get Panoramic Sunroof filmed as well? I am just wondering if you faced any issues with heating of the cabin due to sun?
Thank you Shalom, i was using 3M CR70 on my previous ride for 4 years.
I had the installed on the front windscreen and on the front driver and passenger window.
I can honestly say there is big difference in the amount of heat which hits you from the windscreen. It is drastically reduced.

I did not have experience to drive around with the Alcazar's panoramic roof open to feel the heat before I got the CR70 done. As had picked the car on 7th evening and by 4pm on the 8th had the CR70 installed.

Going by my past experience how well the CR70 reduces the heat on the windscreen I went with the logic it would also reduce the heat from the panoramic roof. The panoramic roof's glass is different and already has some insulating properties.

On the 10th Oct did a drive to Gubbi (approx 90KM one way) with the panoramic roof open. The weather was a mixed bag with clouds and sunshine, luckily no rains.
It was a very pleasant drive, when sunny I could feel the light enter the cabin but did not feel the heat.

Here are a few pics.

Windscreen from the inside.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-windscreen.jpg

Panoramic roof
Hyundai Alcazar Review-panaromic-roof.jpg

3M marking on the CR70.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-3m_print.jpg

For reference here is a pic of my previous car , the Creta.
It had CR70 on the front windows and you can see the difference from the rear ones.
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20210810_141922.jpg
yajaman99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 11:22   #215

Folks - any idea what is the waiting time for Alcazar delivery in Bangalore? Does it vary dealer to dealer or same across the board? Had booked at Advaith Hyundai on mid-Sep and sales guys had said around 2 months. However, they don’t have any further update. Is this typical?
Old 25th October 2021, 13:25   #216
BHPian

I may be getting delivery within couple of week. I have few questions:

1. Can I move from 215/55 R18 to 225/55 R18? What are the considerations of shortcomings of such a move?

2. I want PPF or ceramic coating done. Which is the better and cost effective option?

3. What are the options to get heat insulation films done on side glasses? Is that option also applicable to front and rear windshield?

Please point me to threads where these questions have been answered already.

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2021 at 18:45. Reason: Typos
Old 25th October 2021, 17:41   #217
R_R
BHPian

Considering that the Alcazar does not have much luggage space with all three rows up, is it possible to fit a roof luggage rack of some kind? It does have the roof rails, but I was wondering if this is just ornamental or actually useful, and what kind of weight restrictions it might have.
Old 26th October 2021, 10:59   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RajeevSharma View Post

1. Can I move from 215/55 R18 to 225/55 R18? What are the considerations of shortcomings of such a move?
I changed to Yoko C drive 2 which is 235/50 R18. You can see more details here : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-...ml#post5157902 (Hyundai Alcazar | Tyre upgrade options)

Ride quality has improved drastically since then. I had driven over 2000+Kms in a week in highways and country roads (single lane and mud roads), can very well recommend this tyre for comfort, safety and great ride quality.

Quote:
3. What are the options to get heat insulation films done on side glasses? Is that option also applicable to front and rear windshield?

Please point me to threads where these questions have been answered already.
I went with Garware film for front and rear windshields, costs around 10K...

Last edited by Aditya : 30th November 2021 at 18:45. Reason: Quoted text edited
funda2max is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th November 2021, 19:35   #219
BHPian

Did a 150kms morning drive today. The car just glides, the drive was smooth. The mileage that I got is 19.5 kmpl (diesel automatic), it went all the way till 23 but due to traffic in city, it came down to 19.5 which in my opinion is great.
Recently one of my friend shared me an Instagram poll in which only 4-5% of people voted for Alcazar and the given choices were Safari, Xuv700 and Innova.
Personally I feel that car has received a lot of criticism for its diesel engine, I know its the lowest in the segment but I still I feel if you are concerned about reliability and want a diesel automatic its a car you should buy. I feel the door panels of Alcazar are heavier than that of Creta. Its a good car and I don’t regret my choice of buying it over others in this segment.
What is your guys opinion on the criticism Alcazar has received?
Jatin247 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 7th November 2021, 23:12   #220
BHPian

Quote:
Don't mind the criticism if it ticked all boxes for you. I would have felt little better if safety rating was out but it is not out for harrier as well.

I am getting delivery of Diesel AT next week. I will share my experience here as well.

Last edited by RajeevSharma : 7th November 2021 at 23:14. Reason: Grammer correction
RajeevSharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 10:05   #221
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
Recently one of my friend shared me an Instagram poll in which only 4-5% of people voted for Alcazar and the given choices were Safari, Xuv700 and Innova.
I would say, most of these social-media fanboys are people who are not old enough to get a licence, if you want to see actually data, have a look at the monthly sales numbers.
giri1.8 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th November 2021, 12:53   #222
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jatin247 View Post
I picked up the Diesel Alcazar AT Signature start of Oct. Done around 1600km.
This is my personal feeling coming from the Creta CRDI 1.6 AT after 5 years, at times I do feel the 1.5 is little under powered. However it does the job for what I need it to do. Also i use it 99% of the time in Comfort mode.

Each car has its pro and cons, the others, Harrier, Safari, Hector+, Xuv700, Innova are all much bigger in size when compared to the Alcazar. So many may feel they are getting a bigger vechicle for similar price.

The Alcazar has all the bells and whistles with the exception of a powered tail gate.

Not sure of the delivery times for the other vehicle, but Alcazar has some 12 weeks or more wait time. This could also push customers away.

I still need to pen down my initial ownership review, work in progress.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th November 2021, 13:46   #223
BHPian

I have done a HYD-BLR-HYD road trip recently on my Diesel(Automatic) Alcazar. Few observations from the trip:

1. Alcazar is extremely stable at all speeds.

2. We are a family of 4. I still did not want to fold the 3rd seat. Was pleasantly surprised that I could fit 1 large bag and 2 medium size suit cases in the boot. One thing I had to do was to make the 3rd row seat little upright so that there is more space for luggage in the boot.

3. Mileage numbers are interesting. When I cruised for long distances at max 80 kmph, fuel economy was at its best of 23 kmpl. But if we go above that speed or have to slow down frequently, it drops to 19 kmpl. Another benchmarking I did was in the Bangalore city itself. This is the very busy Hebbal to Cubbon Park stretch at 11 AM on a weekday. Mileage I got was around 11 kmpl.

4. There were absolutely no niggles throughout the long trip.

5. 2nd road seats are lot more comfortable than what I had anticipated. No one in the family wants to be in the front row now

6. I was not a big fan of all those distracting cameras in the car. But when I got stuck in a really bad parking area traffic near Vidhan Soudha, I realised how important these cameras are.

7. Trip meter in the main cluster is a bit inconvenient. It lets you track 3 things - total drive info of car ever since it was bought, drive info since last refuel and drive info since last time the car was started. So, I could not set a common trip for entire trip since each time I stop the vehicle, trip meter resets. Not sure if I am missing something here though.
vkivaturi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 16:05   #224
BHPian

Alcazar Prestige 6 seater petrol MT and Prestige (O) 6 seater petrol AT variants have been discontinued from lineup.
Source: https://www.rushlane.com/hyundai-alc...-12417618.html
Old 15th November 2021, 16:34   #225
BHPian

I test drove the Alcazar Petrol AT and have booked the top end in that, I have booked XUV 700 petrol too , Alcazar seems a bit under powered especially the torque, not sure on how it will drive fully loaded on steep ghats. I like the looks and power of the XUV but Alcazar offers lots of features at a lesser price. Not sure what to do if i get both the vehicles delivery timeline for the same duration.
werfish is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks