Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th November 2021, 23:50   #226
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

I picked up my Alcazar Prestige (O) 1.5AT 7-Seater in Starry Night shade recently. Switching from a Tata Safari, I am taking a bit of time to get used to the mannerisms and driving characteristics of Alcazar. I assume a long drive can help settle it.

Meanwhile, attaching some of the pics.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20211107_155945.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20211107_160003.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20211107_160021.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20211107_160033.jpg  

Last edited by sunil_k_u : 19th November 2021 at 23:57.
sunil_k_u is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 20th November 2021, 11:37   #227
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
I picked up my Alcazar Prestige (O) 1.5AT 7-Seater in Starry Night shade recently.
Congratulations on your new ride, wishing you many happy miles.
I too have the Stary Night, it is a unique color. When you look closely you see the speckles in the paint.

Coming from Safari it will be slightly different due to the size of the Safari being bigger. Like you rightly said a long drive and a couple of hours in Bangalore traffic will get things sorted.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2021, 08:10   #228
BHPian

We have finalized brown, silver and grey colors but wanted to see how they look on the car, before booking. But none of the cars in stockyard carry this color! Sales exec is not sure if they have even sold any brown at all!! Only white and the starry night are the ones in demand, he says. Have asked him to call me if any of these colors come for service.

He is also assuring that the prestige AT diesel can be delivered within 2 months and that manual can be delivered even earlier.
Looks like the alcazar is not at the expected levels, w.r.t sales. September and October sales have drastically reduced, less than 1400 units sold in October.

But, no discounts/offers/freebies available yet

Last edited by Rehaan : 21st November 2021 at 08:11. Reason: Please consider including spaces between paragraphs to aid readability :)
Old 21st November 2021, 21:49   #229
BHPian

Many thanks yajaman99. Yes, Starry Night is a unique shade; it looks more like blackish than bluish. I was initially considering the Taiga Brown; but family opined against it and majority finally won .

Slowly getting used to the different driving dynamics; AT is helping too. I am looking to see how will it perform during the Ghats section on the drive back home, which might come up sometime soon.

Quote:
Originally Posted by praveenkkr View Post
We have finalized brown, silver and grey colors but wanted to see how they look on the car, before booking.

But, no discounts/offers/freebies available yet
I was initially considering the Taiga Brown; lighter colors can highlight the black inserts at A-pillar, above the front and rear doors near the roofline and the cladding around.

However, a close look from different angles made the family decide against Taiga Brown. As you mentioned, seeing the colors in flesh will help decide the right color of your choice.

Last edited by vb-saan : 30th November 2021 at 14:30. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged.
Old 25th November 2021, 16:34   #230
BHPian

I'm already stretching my budget so much, thinking that I will keep the car for atleast a decade, I'm now thinking why not go with Platinum instead of Prestige (7s Diesel AT)

I'll be getting below "useful" features:
1. Leather Upholstry
2. 360 degree view
3. Curtain Airbags (it doesn't cover the 3rd row)

and below "not so useful" features:
4. Bose Speakers (that 'Bose' factor is missing)
5. Puddle lamps (It is on the OVRM, not below the door, not much useful when door is opened)
7. R18 wheels (R17 doesn't look bad)
8. Seat belt height adjustment (Can manage with Seat height adjustment and steering adjustment)
9. Driver seat Power adjustment (Manual ones are anyhow available)
10. Additional 3rd Row USB charger (We would not use it even once)
11. Side foot step (Infact, it interferes with ingress and egress)

Increase in cost would be 2Lakhs and it is in nutshell for the 1st 3 features.
Can you guys please suggest if it is really worth the stretch to upgrade?
praveenkkr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th November 2021, 22:14   #231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

Increase in cost would be 2Lakhs and it is in nutshell for the 1st 3 features.
Can you guys please suggest if it is really worth the stretch to upgrade?
Curtain airbags alone are worth the premium in my opinion. If you select this and the automatic version now, you will not have any big reason to upgrade for the next 10 years.
padmrajravi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 01:27   #232
BHPian

Quote:
I'm already stretching my budget so much, thinking that I will keep the car for atleast a decade, I'm now thinking why not go with Platinum instead of Prestige (7s Diesel AT)
Hi praveenkkr,

I can imagine how much of a difficult task the decision making can be - especially when you have so many choices of brands/ segments and variants in case of car makers like Hyundai. Though I had gone through this phase before booking my Alcazar, things where a bit easier at that time. Hyundai decided to provide 7-Seater AT only on Diesel models (Now 7 Seater AT is available on Petrol version as well). Also there was no mid-spec variant on 7 Seater AT when I booked it.

However, while I was on my waiting period the dealer called me to verify if wanted to upgrade to Platinum. The conclusion I made which helped me to stay on Prestige(o) AT are mentioned below. Just wanted to mention that these are solely my views only, and there is no intention to influence anyone's decision:

1. Leather Upholstry - These are Art Leather as I gathered from the SA. My family preferred Fabric Upholstery over Art Leather due to sweating issues caused by it during long drives.
2. 360 degree view - I was not sure if I would use it any time except during close/ difficult parking scenarios. I thought I should rely on my own judgement and be more careful while parking etc
3. Curtain Airbags (it doesn't cover the 3rd row) - This s something I wanted as well.

and below "not so useful" features:
4. Bose Speakers (that 'Bose' factor is missing) - I thought the 4+2 speaker/ tweeter setup is sufficient for my kind of music.
5. Puddle lamps (It is on the OVRM, not below the door, not much useful when door is opened) - I was not sure how useful it would be since the puddle lamps would have been useful if it were fixed on the lower part of front Doors.
7. R18 wheels (R17 doesn't look bad) - I head that R17 (215/60 R17) has better ride quality compared to the R18 (215/55 R18)
8. Seat belt height adjustment (Can manage with Seat height adjustment and steering adjustment) - I haven't adjusted it in 13yrs of my use in my previous car, after fixing it to a convenient height during the initial days of ownership.
9. Driver seat Power adjustment (Manual ones are anyhow available) - Manual works perfectly fine for me
10. Additional 3rd Row USB charger (We would not use it even once) - Same as you mentioned
11. Side foot step (In fact, it interferes with ingress and egress) - In my previous vehicle (Tata Safari) it was a mandatory thing where you have to 'climb' on to the vehicle using the side step. In Alaczar's case the roof is already at a lower level. Standing at ground level itself the side of the roof will touch your head if you lean towards it. Moreover, one can easily 'enter' into Alcazar since the floor of the vehicle is at a lower position. I thought the side steps would be useless practically, other than adding to the appearance/ visual premium.
sunil_k_u is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 08:10   #233
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunil_k_u View Post
Hi praveenkkr,

I can imagine how much of a difficult task the decision making can be - especially when you have so many choices of brands/ segments and variants in case of car makers like Hyundai.
premium.
Thanks a lot Sunil, for such a detailed reply. It helps a lot

Though there are so many choices, none of them matches 75% of my requirement. I wished the XL6 was more sturdy. Not that Alcazar has 5* rating, but XL6 door itself feels so light.
Old 26th November 2021, 14:00   #234
BHPian

Quote:
why not go with Platinum instead of Prestige (7s Diesel AT)
And what if one told you that you could also spoil yourself with the 7 Seater Diesel Signature AT variant instead of Platinum / Prestige?

Yes, you read it right. Alcazar 7s Diesel AT is now also available in the Signature variant.

The front row ventilated seats really make a big deal in summers - particularly considering the amount of heat that gets into the cabin via the front windshield.

Worth a consideration if you think it adds value to you and more importantly, if you can stretch your already-stretched-budget by another 21,000 (Ex-showroom value).
msarunms1987 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th November 2021, 15:10   #235

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Folks - am getting my Alcazar most likely next week. Had booked a Starry Night Signature petrol AT but dealer called couple of days back and said there's a Black avlbl for delivery. Took the plunge. So now am researching on stuff that I need to do:

1. Sunfilms: Thoroughly confused over what I've read about its legality. 3M CarCare on Sarjapur Rd said its no issue for CR-70 since its practically clear. I really liked the heat repelling capability but don't want to spend and then be forced to remove it by cops.

2. Am planning to take PPF coating. Any idea what's the surface area sq. ft for the Alcazar? 3M guy said around 180sq. ft.

3. Floor mats: Which ones do you recommend? How good are the default ones in the Alcazar?

Thanks!!
Old 26th November 2021, 22:03   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venksv View Post
Folks - am getting my Alcazar most likely next week.

3. Floor mats: Which ones do you recommend? How good are the default ones in the Alcazar?

Thanks!!
I went for the Alcazar branded 7D mats from Hyundai (Rs: 9,800 list price) and below is how it look on the vehicle. My impression is that it covers all the 3 rows very well. I am yet to experience how durable it is. The plus point is that it covers the dead pedal area nicely.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-20211126_132502.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20211126_132531.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20211126_132636.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20211126_132938.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20211126_132953.jpg  

Hyundai Alcazar Review-20211126_133031.jpg  

sunil_k_u is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th November 2021, 00:05   #237
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by msarunms1987 View Post
Worth a consideration if you think it adds value to you and more importantly, if you can stretch your already-stretched-budget by another 21,000 (Ex-showroom value).
Wasn't aware of this, thanks for mentioning.

It should be no brainer to go with signature as we also get front sensor along with the ventilated seats. I don't see any point in Hyundai keeping the platinum variant.

For me, now it's Prestige vs Signature.
Old 28th November 2021, 11:07   #238

Has anyone faced a slight stalling/hesitation at around 35-40kmph. I think there’s a flat spot around there, if you let off the gas for a bit and the vehicle has probably up shifted to 4th, then you’ll notice the stalling behaviour that you need to accelerate out of. I’ve experienced it a few times, wondering if anyone else who has a diesel AT has noticed it.

Also it happens mostly in comfort mode, doesn’t happen in sports or eco mode, perhaps something to do with what rev band the vehicle stays in during that patch in each mode.
Old 29th November 2021, 13:52   #239
BHPian

Quote:
It should be no brainer to go with signature as we also get front sensor along with the ventilated seats.
I have the 6S Diesel AT, the Front parking sensors are a pain in the wrong place when driving in our traffic conditions.
With bikes, autos, cars coming in real close proximity the system keeps on beeping. If you put it in P then the parking sensor gets deactivated.
There is also a delay in the beep, the bike zooms pass and when it is around 50 meters ahead it starts to beep.
The real use is only while parking.

The only really advantage is the front ventilated seats from Prestige to Signature in my view.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hatzim View Post
Has anyone faced a slight stalling/hesitation at around 35-40kmph.
I have driven around 2500KM and have experienced this behavior maybe 3 or 4 times. The drive mode is set to comfort 90% of the time. I will keep an eye on the speedometer if it happens again.
yajaman99 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2021, 23:04   #240
BHPian

Since today was auspicious, went ahead and booked Alcazar. Have opted for Prestige (O) 1.5 AT, Starry night. The sales rep has given me 2 days time to finalize the model and color. Formally, it will be 12 Weeks waiting time.

The sales rep asked me if I'm ready to take the delivery if they assign the car next month! I've told them that I need 2022 model. Or atleast, the registration should be in 2022, so that it won't come hurting later during the resale.

While discussing with the rep, he mentioned that they have not done any delivery of Silver color till now, and have delivered only couple of grey's. White and the Starry Night are the colors in demand. I'm not sure what is stopping Hyundai to offer some good colors. They can take some cue from Safari.

I could also observe that the waiting time for Prestige Manual 6 seater option is 1 week, mentioned on a chart in the showroom.

Now, it is time to start with the painful job of parting ways with my Jazz

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks