Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th August 2022, 02:07   #421
BHPian

Re: Hyundai Alcazar Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by bibhudutta.pani View Post
Hi All,

It has been a little less than a month of driving around our new Alcazar (Signature Petrol 2.0 AT) and it feels pretty much like a dream, gliding on the roads with this. It has also been a major upgrade for us (from i20) so the differences are more pronounced. I have a few questions for this group:

1. I have been driving around with the Auto Hold on. Have done about 600 kms so far all in the city (BLR) and this feature is a godsend. I am begining to wonder if (i) it affects the health of the car is any way to do so and (ii) it has an impact on the mileage.

2. As a manual car driver for many years, I am still learning the ropes with an Auto. One thing I fail to do often is put the car back on NEUTRAL each time that I stop at a signal etc. While I am getting better at it, does this (ie no shifting to N) affect the car health or the mileage in any manner?
I would suggest not using Auto hold extensively. Especially if you are not shifting to neutral at stops. It'll eat away at your brake pads. In drive mode, the vehicle is constantly trying to move forward, and auto hold is trying it to keep it in the same place. So your brake pads should wear out faster.
sswaroop is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 12:04   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I am still learning the ropes with an Auto. One thing I fail to do often is put the car back on NEUTRAL each time that I stop at a signal etc. While I am getting better at it, does this (ie no shifting to N) affect the car health or the mileage in any manner?
Not shifting to N while at traffic stops (in an automatic car) is very normal for a person just converting from a manual transmission.

Keeping the transmission in D with the brake engaged puts an unnecessary strain on all drivetrain components which should be generally avoided while negatively impacting fuel efficiency as well. Imagine the car wants to move forward in D while the brake keeps it in place, negative effect on all parameters. Nothing will happen in the short term but over time it’s best avoided.

Since you have converted (to an automatic) it would be the most practical and sensible thing to relearn and form the correct habit from the start. Make a conscious effort to do this initially and it will become second nature in no time.

Cheers
Cyborg is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 16:19   #423
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
I have been driving around with the Auto Hold on. Have done about 600 kms so far all in the city (BLR) and this feature is a godsend. I am begining to wonder if (i) it affects the health of the car is any way to do so and (ii) it has an impact on the mileage.
Unsure how Hyundai implements Auto-hold, but in my 330i, it does not result in extra brake wear in any manner. The system merely 'continues' the same brake pressure as if a human foot was on the actual brake pedal.

The driveline is also disengaged, and it is not a case of the engine / gearbox trying to move but being restrained by the brake.
itwasntme is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 17:49   #424
BHPian

Hello folks - I am facing a major dilemma. I am sitting on a Tucson petrol booking. I test drive a Tucson diesel variant today (petrol wasn’t available yet) and it was awesome.

In the showroom seeing Alcazar led me to contemplate if it’s really worthwhile spending another 12-13 lakhs over the top end Alcazar petrol for Tucson. I am just trying to compare the driving dynamics given both are similar tuned petrol engines. I know the comfort level and general perception for both the vehicles is different and also slightly subjective. Also given it’s a 5 vs 7 seater comparison it’s not completely apples to apples.

I wanted to get opinion from Alcazar buyers on the engine performance? Is it adequate for say 4-5 people on board with their luggage? My usage is predominantly city drive for office commute plus a few highway rides for vacations and trips.

Any help/pointers are appreciated.

TIA!
Old 14th August 2022, 18:55   #425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Unsure how Hyundai implements Auto-hold, but in my 330i, it does not result in extra brake wear in any manner. The system merely 'continues' the same brake pressure as if a human foot was on the actual brake pedal.

The driveline is also disengaged, and it is not a case of the engine / gearbox trying to move but being restrained by the brake.
I wish Hyundai has made the auto hold to dis-engage the transmission but it is not the case. One needs to shift to N to reduce load on the transmission during a long stop.
Old 14th August 2022, 22:31   #426
BHPian

Team,

I have booked Alcazar signature petrol AT 7seater in white colour and wanted to do the dual tone just like 6 seater version. I was told by dealer that they can do it in vinyl but asking for 10k. Need help from the team to know about the cost of doing the black glossy vinyl on alcazar roof. Should I do it from outside ?
Old 15th August 2022, 18:28   #427
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghShu View Post
I wanted to get opinion from Alcazar buyers on the engine performance? Is it adequate for say 4-5 people on board with their luggage? My usage is predominantly city drive for office commute plus a few highway rides for vacations and trips.

Any help/pointers are appreciated.

TIA!
Any pointers, folks ?
Old 17th August 2022, 01:34   #428
BHPian

Hi,

Please see if my below observations are of any value for you

https://www.team-bhp.com/news/hyunda...r-1200-km-trip

It has some references about engine performance/ drivability along with a few other points experienced over a 1200+ km trip.

Last edited by sunil_k_u : 17th August 2022 at 01:35.
sunil_k_u is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 19:07   #429

2K km update on my Diesel AT:

Mileage like this definitely puts a smile () on your face.
Attached Thumbnails
Hyundai Alcazar Review-mileage.jpg  

shankar12 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 19:21   #430

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghShu View Post
Any pointers, folks ?
Being a Diesel AT owner, I never felt at any moment in my drive that the engine was underpowered. Have heard the same comments from other owners too. This definitely means 2.0 Petrol should have a better performance.

If engine performance is your big aspect, I don't think you need to have doubts on Alcazar's performance.
shankar12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th August 2022, 22:59   #431
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dew View Post
Hello Everyone,

I got my Alcazar Prestige MT Phantom Black last friday.We upgraded from our 2019 Ertiga VXI Blue MT Petrol.
Congratulations! This looks amazing - a blue beast indeed. From your photographs, I liked the sunroof. I am going out on a limb here, but I do think that it is going to allow a lot of light to come in and make the car look even spacier than it is (in reality).
Old 17th August 2022, 23:27   #432

Quote:
Originally Posted by sswaroop View Post
I would suggest not using Auto hold extensively. Especially if you are not shifting to neutral at stops. It'll eat away at your brake pads. In drive mode, the vehicle is constantly trying to move forward, and auto hold is trying it to keep it in the same place. So your brake pads should wear out faster.
Thanks much; so if I understand you right - being in D mode while being in Auto hold creates the issue because of opposing forces being applied on the engine. The Autohold feature, I see kicks in only when you slam the brake to bring the car to a complete halt - the Autohold signal on the display turns green (from white) when the brake is applied as such. So, when the Autohold feature kicks in (the Autohold signal turns green), the vehicle must be in N and not in D mode. Is that correct?
Old 18th August 2022, 11:26   #433
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VNair View Post
Just a quick pointer - it means fortress in Italian

Congrats on the buy! Wishing you more miles and smiles.

Quick Question : How much does the side step cost? And is it the OEM one?
Hi i believe @dew was right as Hyundai did mean the Spanish Moors / Castle when they named it Alcazar and not the Italian one.

You can also see that they have put up a picture of the Spanish Castle in their brochures too.

Last edited by callmeneo : 18th August 2022 at 11:28.
callmeneo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2022, 11:43   #434
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by callmeneo View Post
Hi i believe @dew was right as Hyundai did mean the Spanish Moors / Castle when they named it Alcazar and not the Italian one.

You can also see that they have put up a picture of the Spanish Castle in their brochures too.
Oh yes! My bad. I got confused as I remember some reviewer saying it as an Italian castle. It is indeed a Spanish one. Apologies @dew
Old 18th August 2022, 23:33   #435

Got the second "diesel filter regeneration required" warning in my alcazar today at about 2400km. First was at 1800 km , so got second one after about 600km. My wife is mostly making short trips in the car, I had about two 30-40km drives in highway too. It will be great if hyundai can provide a way to check status of DPF filter in app, so it wont pop up all of a sudden. This time i was able to take snaps of the warning and the regeneration process.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20220818-11.15.39-pm.jpeg
The warning screen. Long pressed OK button to start regeneration

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20220818-11.15.57-pm.jpeg
Regeneration screen showed 27 minutes needed

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20220818-11.16.22-pm.jpeg
Regeneration finished

Planning to take vehicle to hyundai service center next week to check about frequent DPF issue.

Hyundai Alcazar Review-whatsapp-image-20220818-11.16.43-pm.jpeg
Unrelated to DPF, an OTA update is downloading, will be able to finish by tomorrow
unniaan is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks