Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th September 2023, 15:23   #3316
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)
Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
All Kushaq owners: those with Jio dongle.. the app is undergoing some kind of maintenance. As a result it'll not work for few days. Don't have precise ETA from Skoda SA.
My Skoda connect app is still not working. No response from customer support and Twitter. Is it working for anyone else?
Old 13th September 2023, 20:29   #3317
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Barely missed the 1100 km mark this time.
An awesome job nursing the car to such a fabulous mileage. I own an Octavia combi here in Sweden which delivers nearly 20 km/l on my long trips, and that is despite maintaining a near constant 110 km/h, as we are not supposed to drive slowly on motorways, but are expected to maintain the stated speed. In other words, the minimum speed can only be lower than the maximum allowed speed, in special circumstances, like a thunderstorm, ice on the road, or very poor visibility due to fog or something.

On a bit of a serious note though, I know the temptation of trying to extract that last bit of mileage and driving till the car is on fumes, but doing so can really harm your fuel pump which is cooled by the fuel in the tank itself. The lower the fuel level, the more the fuel pump heats. You'll shave the life right off your fuel pump if you continue to drive to the last drop of fuel. Refuel immediately the minute the low fuel lamp lights up, which should be I think when you have at least 5 liters remaining (100 km range).
supermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 16:47   #3318
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
My Skoda connect app is still not working. No response from customer support and Twitter. Is it working for anyone else?
An update from my end. I went ahead and gave Jio Things app a try. And it worked pretty well. In fact Jio Things is reskinned version of Skoda Connect app.
Give it a go. You can use your Skoda registered mobile number as user login.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...umer.jiothings
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2023, 19:45   #3319

Quote:
Originally Posted by abkumar View Post
Thank you, yes I have go through this thread and found that the VW group brands have this issue with the firmware not compatible with latest Snapdragon chipsets. Hope they will release a new firmware soon.
Today I contacted Skoda India support for this issue. They have acknowledged that the firmware is not compatible with latest Snapdragon phones and a fix is underway. However declined to provide any ETA at this moment.

Also they confirmed that there is not bonnet insulation available for Skoda Kushaq.
Old 14th September 2023, 23:59   #3320
BHPian

Hey people,

So I have to tell you this small but important incident that happened with me.

I happened to have purchased a Skoda Kushaq Monte Carlo 1.5 DSG in July,23.

Me and my wife have driven the same for about 1500kms till now with a mix of 80% highway and 20% city.

About two days back I observed that steering was making this peculiar noise on turning. Something which quite likely pointed out to faulty suspension mount bearings.

I immediately wrote to skoda India and my principal dealer Mody Skoda about this issue.

They were prompt in accepting the complaint and not only did they respond positively but also gave me a loaner car for 2 days that my car was at the workshop.

Super follow up from skoda India and Mody Skoda.

It really instills confidence in their 2.0 theory.

Yes the car is back with the required repairs. I agree that a less than 2 month old car should not have any defects but on a positive note at least I was not made to run from pillar to post, as what I had heard in the past.
mdesai_1981 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 17th September 2023, 15:34   #3321

Hi everyone,

I own a XUV700 and looking to purchase a second car for my wife. Have eventually narrowed down to Kushaq 1.0 Ambition AT as a choice to car. I have a few questions from fellow owners, would be awesome to get your inputs too.
  1. Is the 1.0 adequately powered for city rides, thats where we will use it?
  2. What is the general efficiency seen when driving in city drives?
  3. Is the infamous AC issue in 1.0 cars resolved?

Look forward to valuable inputs!
Old 17th September 2023, 18:37   #3322
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu84 View Post
  • 1.0 TSI is the most powerful engine at that price, and is enthusiastic even at 150+ speeds.
  • Mileage is good, I get 9-10 during peak hours Mumbai traffic, 12-13 on weekends.
  • Yes, no complaints in my 8 months of ownership.
vagman is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2023, 00:08   #3323
BHPian

Quote:
Is the 1.0 adequately powered for city rides, thats where we will use it?
I would recommend you try the 1.5 engine if possible. If you are unwilling to put your money on DSG then go for the manual. Trust me 1.5 engines performance is a whole lot addictive and always puts a smile on your face.
Quote:
What is the general efficiency seen when driving in city drives?
I own a Virtus GT DSG. City mileage: 10-12 kmpl Highway: 15-23 kmpl depending on how you drive. Guess what even the 1.0 gives the same mileage despite being the smaller engine. This is probably because of the higher torque of the 1.5 engine. Higher torque means the car gets to a specific speed fast consuming less fuel, especially in heavy highway traffic where frequent braking is necessary.
Quote:
Is the infamous AC issue in 1.0 cars resolved?
Unfortunately no. At least not completely. After numerous software updates, the AC is still not perfect. I said not perfect but it is adequate for day-to-day use. Only if you start comparing it to your previous cars you will some deficiencies. Otherwise not a deal breaker.

Cheers!

Last edited by true_sedan : 19th September 2023 at 00:10.
true_sedan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2023, 21:03   #3324
BHPian

Quote:
1. 1.0 engine and AT combo is more than enough for city driving. In fact, I feel the turbo lag is well masked and the engine feels over-enthusiastic to close that gap especially in lower gears.
2. Depends a lot on your distance. When driven for short distances (under 10km), I've found it difficult to extract more than 10 kmpl no matter how sedately I drive. On longer distances, you can get 12-14 kmpl if driven carefully. Carefully means avoiding flat out acceleration & using car roll-on & brakes wisely.
3. AC is inadequate if you're driving under a hot sun. It needs to be under 20 degrees and on high blower to be effective. For normal temperatures, it's alright.

Where this car shines is in cabin space and driveability. I don't think any other car comes close.
RohanPitre is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st September 2023, 22:13   #3325
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,

I own a XUV700 and looking to purchase a second car for my wife. Have eventually narrowed down to Kushaq 1.0 Ambition AT as a choice to car. I have a few questions from fellow owners, would be awesome to get your inputs too.

Look forward to valuable inputs!
1. Yes 1.0 is more than adequate.
2. Should hover around 7-10 kmpl in city, on highways it can go upto 16-18
3. AC is better than initial batches but no where as good as competition. Go for variant with ventilated seats if you have to.

Suggestion- check hyryder s variant, it has all the essential elements like auto climate control, cruise control and a hybrid, perfect for city drives; have seen people getting 20+ kmpl easily. Way more reliable too. Only compromises are boot space and somewhat cheaper build quality- though not meaning poor safety here.
sapien is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 12:37   #3326

As a Skoda owner, one challenge we have been facing is that there is no Skoda service centre in the city so we have to travel to Kolhapur which is about 121kms from the city.
I was facing a couple of issues with the car lately. The co-driver's window was making noise while rolling the window up & down. When the car was inspected, the mechanic mentioned that the winder motor needs to be replaced. I had then booked an appointment at Shrine Skoda in Kolhapur and my husband & I went there to get the part replaced. For this work, we both had to take leave from our offices. We had to take a day off from our office for this as it was communicated to us that at Shrine Auto, this work can only be done between Mondays- Fridays. I had then taken an appointment for 11th August and before leaving on that day, I had informed the service manager as well that we are leaving for the workshop so they could align the work.

While giving the car for repairs, I had also highlighted to the service manager some issues that we were facing with the car apart from the winder issue:
1. Brakes were screeching upon braking so service manager that that he will look into it and get it fixed for now
2. Cabin light wiring was loose since upon just touching the button, the light goes on and off on its own.

Now comes the challenges due to which I am writing to you:

1. ISSUES WITH MY SKODA KUSHAQ:
a) I received the car and upon inspecting, the window was still making noise and the issue hadn't been resolved which was highlighted to the mechanics present during the time of delivery.
b) I observed that there were some scratches being made on the outside plastic part of the window which I had highlighted to the mechanics who were present there while we were inspecting the vehicle. Attaching an image for reference.
c) The other issues I had highlighted were not taken care of since the braking and the light wiring issues still persist.
d) The car was not even washed and cleaned before delivery.
e) The service manager was not present during the time of delivery of the vehicle

2. MANUFACTURING QUALITY - Firstly, I purchased a Skoda considering that it is a premium brand and there won't be such issues since VW is a renowned German brand and this wasn't expected from such a top class brand like Skoda due to which I purchased the car. Parts installed in the car are of poor quality as compared to VW and other models of Skoda.

3. SERVICE CENTRES - I am surprised how you people are only focussed towards top tier metros and ignoring the other cities and Belagavi being one of the Smart Cities.VW also have their service centre here but amazed to see that Skoda doesn't have their presence.

4. POOR CUSTOMER SERVICE: Nobody from Shrine Auto, Kolhapur has bothered to call ever since they completed the job on the car and ask about the feedback as I strongly believe that they don't care much about it since they are aware about us not being happy with the job done in the car.
I travelled 250kms to Kolhapur & back and to again visit Shrine for the issue which is due to the company's poor quality part & poor handling of the vehicle by mechanics of Shrine, I would have to make another trip to Kolhapur which would be a total of 500kms. I am hoping that you are going to compensate for the fuel since I am wasting my money, energy & time to travel all the way for an issue which is not caused due to the owner's mistake.

Had the issue been taken care of in our city of residence itself, it still wouldn't have been that much of an issue since it is of utmost inconvenience to us. We as owners are suffering and wasting our precious time as we are working professionals. Traveling 3.5-4 hours one-side during weekdays costs us taking a holiday for this.

I had called Shrine 2 weeks back raising my concerns and spoke to their Head of Customer Relations. They were supposed to speak to the service manager and call me back but it has been a while now and there has not been any communication from their end that would address any of the issues and about fixing the winder issue. I am disappointed to see that Skoda India has been providing such poor quality service to their car owners. Totally uncalled for.

I even got a call last Monday from your customer care centre & the lady was supposed to come back to me with a solution, I haven't received any communication till now.
ap28 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 2nd October 2023, 20:53   #3327
Distinguished - BHPian

Kushaq entry level prices reduced: It starts at 10.89 lakhs now for the Active version. Same for Slavia as well, a reduction of 70K. This must be the C3 Aircross effect, where they have launched the basic version ay 9.99 lakhs.

Skoda should have really gone a few steps further and reduced the entry trim to 9.99 lakhs - could have really helped enter a lower segment and compete all out. Due to road tax rate slab differences, going just under 10 lakhs saves the customer another Rs. 50,000 in road tax.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-period-429444
84.monsoon is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd October 2023, 22:38   #3328

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Kushaq entry level prices reduced: It starts at 10.89 lakhs now for the Active version. Same for Slavia as well, a reduction of 70K. This must be the C3 Aircross effect, where they have launched the basic version ay 9.99 lakhs.

Skoda should have really gone a few steps further and reduced the entry trim to 9.99 lakhs - could have really helped enter a lower segment and compete all out. Due to road tax rate slab differences, going just under 10 lakhs saves the customer another Rs. 50,000 in road tax.

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-period-429444
The article also mentions addition of powered front row seats(both driver and front passenger) for the top spec variants.This would be a welcome addition. Wondering whether it would be the full package of 12 way seat adjustment with memory as found in other VAG cars or some toned down unit.
Old 4th October 2023, 12:20   #3329
BHPian

Quote:
Hi everyone,
There is no performance deficit on the 1.0 TSI, it is fun through out the rev range, however, when it comes to 1.5 TSI, the lack of Turbo lag (effortless performance) and the refinement (below 3.5k rpm) is what sets it apart, if you can make the jump to 1.5, do it without thinking twice as the 3 cylinder 1.0 engine has a slightly gruff note despite being the best 3 cylinder in the segment!
abaliga is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th October 2023, 09:04   #3330

Quote:
Originally Posted by orthodoc105 View Post
The article also mentions addition of powered front row seats(both driver and front passenger) for the top spec variants.This would be a welcome addition. Wondering whether it would be the full package of 12 way seat adjustment with memory as found in other VAG cars or some toned down unit.
Skoda's website now showcases the powered seat feature along with the new alloys. Not sure if the alloys are for the style variant. Used to like the previous version, but these look good too.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaqpoweredseat.png  

Skoda Kushaq Review-skodaalloys.png  

WheelNut is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks