Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2023, 09:27   #3331

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

The Skoda's website also claims a 10 inch infotainment display sans the physical knobs for Kushaq. Not sure if it is for the style variant only.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaqscreen.png  

Old 5th October 2023, 09:28   #3332
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
An update from my end. I went ahead and gave Jio Things app a try. And it worked pretty well. In fact Jio Things is reskinned version of Skoda Connect app.
Give it a go. You can use your Skoda registered mobile number as user login.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...umer.jiothings
Jio things app did not worked for me. It didn't recognized my mobile number and asked to sign up. Even after sign up, couldn't get my vehicle added. I just left it at that point.

Yesterday, I randomly tried My Skoda connect app and it started working again. But notifications are missing still. I can see alerts generated but it doesn't seem to push to the phone.
Old 11th October 2023, 21:11   #3333

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelNut View Post
Skoda's website now showcases the powered seat feature along with the new alloys. Not sure if the alloys are for the style variant. Used to like the previous version, but these look good too.
The electric seat controls seems a little different from the other VAG cars. I think they have omitted the memory function and lumbar adjustments.The controls for backrest angle and seat height/length seems to have been retained from their standard offerings.
Old 12th October 2023, 16:43   #3334
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq gets new design 17-inch alloy wheels

Skoda has silently updated the alloy wheels offered on the Kushaq Style trim.

Skoda Kushaq Review-skodakushaqrightfrontthreequarter2.jpg

The Style variant now gets 17-inch single-tone alloy wheels. The new Vega-style wheels replace the Atlas design offered earlier. The tyre size though, remains the same. Skoda will continue to offer the 17-inch dual-tone alloys on the Monte Carlo variant.

Earlier this month, Skoda updated the Kushaq with new features. The SUV now comes with powered front seats, an illuminated footwell, a digital instrument cluster and TPMS. The 10-inch touchscreen infotainment system has made a comeback with this iteration.

The Kushaq is available with a 1.0-litre 3-cylinder turbo-petrol engine producing 114 BHP and 178 Nm and a 1.5-litre 4-cylinder turbo-petrol engine that puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm. Transmission options include a 6-speed manual, a 6-speed automatic and a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by Aditya : 16th October 2023 at 09:37.
TusharK is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 17:48   #3335
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Cruise Control issues

Dear BHPians,

Greetings!

I am facing below-mentioned issue. Does anyone have a similar observation? Did Skoda attend to it?

Kushaq cruise control works well when on a level road & also when the car goes on an uphill road from level. But, when on a level road with cruise control engaged & downward road is encountered, cruise control doesn't control speed. I have repeatedly experienced that in spite of cruise control running at 80 kmph speed shoots up to even 90 kmph. Cruise control takes a lot time for car to resettle to 80 kmph after downhill portion of road is crossed.

This also exposes me to speed limit violation and resultant fines.

Thanking BHPians in anticipation of a response.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th October 2023 at 22:17. Reason: Spacing, abbreviations
viva is offline   Received Infraction
Old 17th October 2023, 19:23   #3336
Team-BHP Support

Re: Skoda Kushaq Cruise Control issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by viva View Post
when on level road with CC engaged & downward road is encountered CC doesn't control speed. I have repeatedly experienced that in spite of CC running at 80 kmph speed shoots up to even 90 kmph. CC takes a lot time for car to resettle to 80 kmph after downhill portion of road is crossed.
This also exposes me to speed limit violation and resultant fines.
Thanking BHPians in anticipation of response.
Cruise control does not work against gravity, it only controls the throttle. It is a comfort feature and not so much a driver aid. You need to be alert. If it was semi autonomous, perhaps, the brakes and steering were integrated in the controls, there might have some reasoning on controlling exact speed.
ajmat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2023, 19:38   #3337
BHPian

Thank you, Ajmat
1. Please see attached image from Kushaq user manual page 73. It does say brakes are used to control speed
2. Other cars I have driven with CC but not adaptive CC did keep set speed downhill.
Your comments are welcome
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20231017_192821_drive.jpg  

Old 18th October 2023, 08:51   #3338
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Himanshu84 View Post
Hi everyone,

I own a XUV700 and looking to purchase a second car for my wife. Have eventually narrowed down to Kushaq 1.0 Ambition AT as a choice to car. I have a few questions from fellow owners, would be awesome to get your inputs too.
  1. Is the 1.0 adequately powered for city rides, thats where we will use it?
  2. What is the general efficiency seen when driving in city drives?
  3. Is the infamous AC issue in 1.0 cars resolved?

Look forward to valuable inputs!
Please do take a test drive before booking one. Especially in bumper to bumper traffic.

In bumper to bumper traffic, the turbo takes its time to spool and one can feel the lack of power before that.

Once the turbo spools, its a different story altogether
Old 19th October 2023, 20:05   #3339
BHPian

Back from a trip of 1000kms including smooth NH, broken SH and some winding sections. The 1.0L AT is well suited to all these conditions. It can cruise all day at 120kmph with the rpm slightly over 2K on highways; having cruise control adds to the convenience. In fact it has potential to do more than these speeds effortlessly, but never pushed keeping safety in mind. On the winding ghat sections, the sports mode keeps the engine in the sweet spot and great to hear the turbo spool up. Only concern was if the fuel quality from unknown bunks would have an impact, but no issues so far. Returned with mileage of 15.2 kmpl with AC on. Crossed 7k kms in the process, only complaint is minor rattle from the front left window section without a passenger. With someone seated the vibrations are dampened.
Wired Apple car play and Android auto have worked fined. The HU also allows a 2nd phone to connect via bluetooth for music and calls, this is good so don’t have to fiddle with a single phone.
sansvk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 00:26   #3340

Hey Kushaq owners,

I'm curious – why did you choose the Kushaq over its cousin, the Taigun?

Besides the looks, what makes the Kushaq better for you?

I've test driven both and they seemed pretty similar in terms of drive quality and features, especially the top-end models. So, what made you pick Kushaq?
Old 20th October 2023, 12:59   #3341
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns008 View Post
Hey Kushaq owners,

Two objective points:
1. I felt the Taigun suspension setup to be stiffer than Kushaq. Kushaq felt somewhat absorbent on speed-breakers and potholes, while in Taigun you could feel more of them inside.
2. I have bad experience with VW dealership in my town. Thought of giving Skoda a chance. They couldn't be worse than VW, and the service station is closer to my place.

Other subjective point was design. Love the Skoda grill & headlamps and overall clean design.
RohanPitre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2023, 13:30   #3342
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kns008 View Post
Hey Kushaq owners,

Besides the looks, what makes the Kushaq better for you?

I've test driven both and they seemed pretty similar in terms of drive quality and features, especially the top-end models. So, what made you pick Kushaq?

I chose the Kushaq over Taigun for a couple of reasons

1) The Montecarlo variant looks sporty without the chrome while the Taigun GT with all that extra chrome is not for everyone.
2) The suspension setup Kushaq being slightly softer, handles bad roads better compared to Taigun. Also, the steering has a little more weight and feels better compared to the Taigun
3) Skoda service centre is just 10 minutes away from where i stay and the feedback from other Skoda owners has been decent.
Gurudatt28227 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2023, 23:57   #3343

Hello Car Lovers,

This is my first post here.

I actually wanted to share my journey of liking and almost buying various cars in past 2 years and then finally how I fell for Kushaq. Sadly though my post is about strange things Skoda has been up to. I took delivery of my Kushaq Style 1.0 on 20 Oct 2023.

I found out through Team-bhp that Skoda has recently degraded the alloys for the style model. Although I had few concerns as I booked the car with dual tone alloys. I still went ahead with the delivery as cancelation process would have been very painful through CSD and my first installment of the loan was already deducted before delivery (I know its strange but delivery got delayed by a month due to some paper work issues between CSD and dealer). During delivery SA told me that this car does not have a dongle, per him usually style variant has it.

Today I noticed that my car does not even have paper holding bands in front door pockets, this is something Skoda has been promoting as simply clever feature. Now I am getting worried that how to find what all this Style variant is missing from the previous one and why. Is it not Skoda's responsibility to inform customers. Why should we pay the same price for models which randomly miss features. I am sure the 2023 Kushaq style has these paper holding bands. My car is July manufactured. I am seeking some guidance here that how and to whom this concern should be raised to. So not liking the Skoda right now.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th November 2023 at 17:54. Reason: Formatted for readability; typo
Old 29th October 2023, 12:04   #3344
BHPian

Fellow Style / Monte Carlo owners who swapped tyres, can you confirm if Continental or Michelin has the exact tyre size as the stock tyres available or do we need to find a close match? Anyone swapped immediately on delivery?
Old 30th October 2023, 18:14   #3345
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by neochanger View Post
1. You should have bargained to get the extended warranty free of cost. I bought Slavia a few days back and got the extended warranty for free.

2. Yes, you can customise the kit. I only bought mud flaps, floor mats, car cover and cushions. These cost me around 4500 after bargaining.
Interesting. I'm taking delivery of my Kushaq 1.5 DSG Style soon. I tried bargaining for the SPM and extended warranty. For SPM, I got a 50% discount and for extended warranty, dealer suggested some 2-3 months after buying the car, Skoda would be calling with a discounted price.

When I was planning to book the Ambition DSG, I felt I had some leverage in talking discounts and offers. However, I felt the Style was worth the upgrade and down the drain went my bargaining power. All I got was 30K discount, 50% off SMP and a decent price for my previous car. It was like the moment a customer upgrades to Style/ Monte Carlo variants, the dealer knows that customer will buy that car (with 95%+ surity).

I didn't know the accessories were customizable. I even saw some videos. I'm going to try bargaining for a tyre inflator to be added to it.
Auto_guy_101 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks