Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th June 2023, 13:59   #3226
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RohanPitre View Post
No. He said it's a car which was used by corporate. The passing is from Pune so I'm assuming it was used at the Chakan plant. Also, it's run just 15k kms in 1.5 years. The condition of the car is good too.
15k kms are not just, this is counted as a good run in 1.5 yrs, I will take anything from the dealer as a pinch of salt and disagree.

it is your wish to take this risk, if you choose though, better ask for a really good price.
maverickNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 14:24   #3227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
No. He said it's a car which was used by corporate. The passing is from Pune so I'm assuming it was used at the Chakan plant. Also, it's run just 15k kms in 1.5 years. The condition of the car is good too.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
15k kms are not just, this is counted as a good run in 1.5 yrs, I will take anything from the dealer as a pinch of salt and disagree.

it is your wish to take this risk, if you choose though, better ask for a really good price.
I'd agree with maverickNerd comment. 15000km in 1.5 years for a corporate car is not something to be taken lightly. Please ensure it is not a demo/test drive car the dealer wants to pass off as some "corporate".
Will you be first owner or second? How much warranty is remaining? Any fine print in TnC for future warranty ? Are they giving option to buy extended warranty (icing would be if they are offering discount).

Assume this car is a second hand car with 15k km run (no way to know how it was driven /test driven), would you buy it at the quoted price?

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 26th June 2023 at 14:50.
Old 26th June 2023, 15:37   #3228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Please ensure it is not a demo/test drive car the dealer wants to pass off as some "corporate".
How do we really know the answer to this? The dealer is going to say its not a test car? Is there anything that can be done from our end to make sure its not a test car?
Old 26th June 2023, 16:47   #3229
BHPian

Quote:
I'd agree with maverickNerd comment. 15000km in 1.5 years for a corporate car is not something to be taken lightly. Please ensure it is not a demo/test drive car the dealer wants to pass off as some "corporate".
Will you be first owner or second? How much warranty is remaining? Any fine print in TnC for future warranty ? Are they giving option to buy extended warranty (icing would be if they are offering discount).

Assume this car is a second hand car with 15k km run (no way to know how it was driven /test driven), would you buy it at the quoted price?
I went and visited the Audi Approved showroom in my city. They also had Kushaq Ambition 1.0 AT and Taigun Topline 1.0 AT. They were from same batch as the earlier car that I saw. Nov 2021 registration from Pune. All run about 22-26 kms. He said these are corporate cars and used by company employees or within the plant. He categorically denied these are not test drive vehicles. The car again felt good and without issues.
The advantages here are -
1. He confirmed no service has been done yet and they will do the first servicing before the purchase
2. He confirmed they will do denting painting for some minor scratches on the body
3. He confirmed that the car comes with extended warranty of 1 year. So the car is in warranty till Nov 2026
4. He is giving me a better deal of 13.15L inclusive of RC transfer and and comprehensive insurance Nov 2023 and third party till Nov 2024.

I'm thinking of going with this one as it is coming from Audi Approved rather than some car dealer. Also, they're giving me servicing and denting painting in the cost.
I also saw a 2020 Nexon EV XZ+ Lux with 22k on odo from 2020. The dealer is ready to give it at 13.5L inclusive of everything. While the car seemed perfectly fine & will save huge money in city driving, it will be inconvenient for highway drives. Also, I don't want to buy an EV older than 2022.

Will be making a decision soon on Kushaq. But for now, it looks like I might go with Audi Approved as they seem authentic.
RohanPitre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 17:36   #3230
BHPian

Quote:

Will be making a decision soon on Kushaq. But for now, it looks like I might go with Audi Approved as they seem authentic.
I would still suggest to get the car checked with a mechanic or do paid check up at a competitor service centre. Don't any dealers even if they are approved Audi. Their intention is to sell.
Old 26th June 2023, 18:01   #3231
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I went and visited the Audi Approved showroom in my city.
The advantages here are -
1. He confirmed no service has been done yet and they will do the first servicing before the purchase

4. He is giving me a better deal of 13.15L inclusive of RC transfer and and comprehensive insurance Nov 2023 and third party till Nov 2024.

I'm thinking of going with this one as it is coming from Audi Approved rather than some car dealer. Also, they're giving me servicing and denting painting in the cost.
Item #1 raises a flag rather than giving confidence. First service is supposed to be within 1 year or 15k km if I'm not wrong. They haven't carried out any service for past 18months, this doesn't sound very encouraging to begin with.

Insurance part in the Item #4 is always implict during a resale. Current owner should have valid insurance and should transfer to the new owner. Dealer is not doing anything out of ordinary. RC transfer is a value added activity I can think of.

I think you have done due diligence on your part and looks very satisfied with the findings. In that case, you should go for it.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2023, 18:25   #3232
BHPian

Quote:
Item #1 raises a flag rather than giving confidence. First service is supposed to be within 1 year or 15k km if I'm not wrong. They haven't carried out any service for past 18months, this doesn't sound very encouraging to begin with.

Insurance part in the Item #4 is always implict during a resale. Current owner should have valid insurance and should transfer to the new owner. Dealer is not doing anything out of ordinary. RC transfer is a value added activity I can think of.

I think you have done due diligence on your part and looks very satisfied with the findings. In that case, you should go for it.
Yeah that first part had me in doubt too. I'm not sure how a 19-22k km run car is without a service. Either that's just wrong information from dealer, or worse, it's true for some reason. I wasn't sure if plant cars follow the service schedule.

At least the car dealer I visited yesterday did acknowledge a service at 10k km and 2nd one coming up soon.

The only difference between 2 cars was that the 1st one has minor rattle noise from front right ac vent, while 2nd hand none.
Another question - are the TC gear shifts supposed to be less smooth than a DSG? I drive a DSG car and the gear shift is slick between pnrd. Same on both these cars felt a lot more like slotting into gears.
Old 27th June 2023, 09:35   #3233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yeah that first part had me in doubt too. I'm not sure how a 19-22k km run car is without a service. Either that's just wrong information from dealer, or worse, it's true for some reason. I wasn't sure if plant cars follow the service schedule.

At least the car dealer I visited yesterday did acknowledge a service at 10k km and 2nd one coming up soon.
Whether car belongs to company or individual, service interval should be followed. Not only for proper maintenance of the car but it is also must for any warranty claims in future. Please get this thing cleared out (in writing) that if any service was missed by dealer, it won't have any adverse effect on future warranty /extended warranty claims.

Secondly, as someone has suggested already, don't trust the dealer blindly. Get the car properly inspected to your satisfaction (either at Skoda service center or your trusted garage). Also get hold of any available past service /repair /maintenance records from dealer or service center for your reference.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 27th June 2023 at 09:46.
Old 27th June 2023, 10:03   #3234
BHPian

Quote:
Whether car belongs to company or individual, service interval should be followed. Not only for proper maintenance of the car but it is also must for any warranty claims in future. Please get this thing cleared out (in writing) that if any service was missed by dealer, it won't have any adverse effect on future warranty /extended warranty claims.

Secondly, as someone has suggested already, don't trust the dealer blindly. Get the car properly inspected to your satisfaction (either at Skoda service center or your trusted garage). Also get hold of any available past service /repair /maintenance records from dealer or service center for your reference.
Yes, I will be taking it to Skoda service center for a thorough checkup. Luckily, the proprietor is a family friend and he has already assured that they will check for everything. But ye also said since it's in warranty for another 2+ years, he doesn't see much risk.
I might also get it checked at my FNG.

I will be mostly driving it again today and will get the following things verified:
1. Service history and if servicing was indeed missed, it's impact on warranty
2. Actual warranty scenario. Is it 4 years or there is extended warranty
3. Possibility of purchasing a service plan now given that it's a company owned car
4. The servicing that they're going to do at Skoda before delivery is the 2nd scheduled servicing or they're doing it above & beyond scheduled service.
RohanPitre is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 17:07   #3235
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, I will be taking it to Skoda service center for a thorough checkup. Luckily, the proprietor is a family friend and he has already assured that they will check for everything. But ye also said since it's in warranty for another 2+ years, he doesn't see much risk.
I might also get it checked at my FNG.

I will be mostly driving it again today and will get the following things verified:
1. Service history and if servicing was indeed missed, it's impact on warranty
2. Actual warranty scenario. Is it 4 years or there is extended warranty
3. Possibility of purchasing a service plan now given that it's a company owned car
4. The servicing that they're going to do at Skoda before delivery is the 2nd scheduled servicing or they're doing it above & beyond scheduled service.
Update:
Test drove the car and nothing abnormal with it. Took it to local Skoda dealer and they also gave the green signal.
However, they pointed out that there is no record of 1st service done even though the car stands at 20k kms and 1.5 years. This might result in warranty being void in case of any claim.
Audi pre-owned have a solution on this - they confirmed on email that if anything comes up in the warranty period, Audi pre-owned will take the responsibility for resolution and any costs incurred.

I don't know how much to trust them on this.
Old 28th June 2023, 17:40   #3236
BHPian

Quote:

Rohan, do a couple of things:

1. Take a paint thickness meter (the workshop should have one) and let them show you the readings of paint thickness across multiple panels. You will then know if they are painted or original

2. Ask them to do a complete scan of the car in front of you and show you the results.

3. Ask them if all the campaigns/bulletins that have been issued by VW/Skoda, have been carried out for your particular model. Ask them to show you this in the system. If not, make them do so.

4. Check the tread depth of the tyres and check for any uneven wear.

5. Check the condition of the brake pedal (if its worn from one corner or one end). Do the same for the steering and see if there is any unusual wear more than any other part of the steering.

6. Have them hoist it on a ramp. Look for seepage of any kind - Oil pan, Shocks, under the transmission.

7. Check if there is no rust on the underbody. Superficial rust is fine.

If all good, take a leap and buy it. Car is under warranty.
Newtown is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2023, 18:15   #3237
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Update:
Test drove the car and nothing abnormal with it. Took it to local Skoda dealer and they also gave the green signal.
However, they pointed out that there is no record of 1st service done even though the car stands at 20k kms and 1.5 years. This might result in warranty being void in case of any claim.
Audi pre-owned have a solution on this - they confirmed on email that if anything comes up in the warranty period, Audi pre-owned will take the responsibility for resolution and any costs incurred.

No manufacturer will register a car by paying road tax that is used within the plant.

It is probably owned by Skoda employee on car lease. Just check the first owner of car and whether it is registered as individual or company name.

You can also reach out directly to Skoda if it is their plant vehicle but I am not sure whether they will respond.

If you have to buy, just treat this is as any other used car with a red flag of possible warranty rejection. Skoda is notorious for it, as per this forum. Please keep in mind, Skoda advertises the 3rd and 4th year warranty as just complimentary (forgot the word) extension and not standard warranty.
Old 29th June 2023, 11:17   #3238
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Got the below message from Skoda on the driver side window issue. I am planning to contact my regular dealer next week on the fix.

Dear Sir/Madam,

This is to inform you about the free-of-charge technical update for the driver-side window motor. We kindly request that you reach out to your nearest authorized Skoda Dealer to avail this update. Rest assured that the update will be promptly completed within the same day. To know more, please call Skoda Customer Care at 1800 123 090909.

Last edited by thanixravindran : 29th June 2023 at 11:33.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2023, 13:10   #3239
BHPian

Booked Kushaq 1.0 AT Ambition. This is one of the two company owned auction cars I had seen in my city. One was with Audi pre-owned, second with a known used car dealer.

The Kushaq at Audi had no service history with odo at 20k kms. Skoda dealership pointed out that since 1st service has lapsed, warranty will be void. While Audi offered to cover any such claims if they arise, I wasn't very confident.
Today checked the other Kushaq from car dealer and surprisingly the Skoda dealership has service history and confirmed warranty is valid & no issues with the car. They also confirmed all updates have been done on the car. With that confirmation, I booked the car and should get delivery by next week depending on loan approval.

Excited to be driving the TSI after thoroughly enjoying the TDI motor on other car. The car has run 15k kms, registered in Nov 2021 and present owner is Skoda Volkswagen India.
The car has couple of really minor stratches (like you get from plants or small stones). And there's some minor rattling sound from driver side ac vent over bad surfaces. I believe both can be fixed. Got it for 13L all inclusive.
RohanPitre is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th June 2023, 15:41   #3240

Can anyone advise when should oil change be done for Kushaq. I'm getting a reminder on dashboard for "oil change service due" at 6500 kms. But it feels to early. Bought the car in last August.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks