Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews

Search this Thread
Old 13th March 2023, 10:22   #3121
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbhowmik_5 View Post
the person from ASC informed me that Style variants have anti-theft alarm system and the dual tone horn available from Skoda will disable this feature if installed. Hence its compatible for now with Ambition or below variant. For Kushaq Style variant a new dual tone will be available in near future.
I have upgraded to the Dual Tone horn for my Kushaq Monte Carlo. I mistakenly triggered the anti-theft alarm recently and it still works! If it works for Monte Carlo, I don't see why it should not work for Style.
nicodash is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 11:11   #3122
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
I would suggest you to not consider Skoda/VW cars as the AC is definitely not a chiller atleast in 1.0L engine models. Even after multiple updates from Skoda/VW, the performance is sub par than what you would get in a Hyundai/Honda.
I have come across folk saying this and have been wondering why VW don't take care or it. Just thought I'll put a link from YouTube of a test conducted on Kushaq to check the same - just as a matter of interest (Mods -please delete this if it is not allowed). Took me by surprise I must say!!

wilful is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 12:57   #3123
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I have come across folk saying this and have been wondering why VW don't take care or it. Just thought I'll put a link from YouTube of a test conducted on Kushaq to check the same - just as a matter of interest
While that video is useful, it doesn't replicate how the AC actually feels. I'll try and describe the Kushaq's A/C for you. I drive a 1.5 DSG.
  • The A/C is pretty useless if set at 22 degrees or higher. The performance is okay if you set it lower than that. My default setting is 20.
  • The fan is really weird. It seems like there is an inherent design flaw that prevents it from circulating air properly. It either creates a lot of draft or none at all.
  • You are always fiddling with the system. You cannot set it on auto and forget about it. It creates these pockets of hot and cold air so you are tweaking it during a drive. The recirculation feature has its own mind.
  • The HVAC system is noisy overall. Ventilated seats work well and it's switched on 100% of the time in my case. If you are buying the Kushaq, buying a version with ventilated seats is mandatory.

It's not a deal breaker in my opinion as the car is lovely to drive but is a significant irritant that detracts from the overall experience. Audioholic has provided a VCDS mod that helps: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5383426 (VCDS tweaks for Skoda / Volkswagen MQB A0 IN platform cars)

Last edited by ranjitnair77 : 13th March 2023 at 13:00.
ranjitnair77 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 14:14   #3124

Quote:
Hi All,

2. Also, ASC informed me that the dual tone horn fitment is not compatible with Style variant due to some reason I am not able to recollect now but is available only for Ambition. Is this true ?
If so, then how do we upgrade the horn in Style variants if we want to ?
The dual tone horn is already available in Monte Carlo model and believe me it's not that great. Instead, talk to the Skoda accessories guy, he will be happy to install Trumpet horns charging about 2K. Recently upgraded in my Monte Carlo and absolutely delighted seeing the responses on road
sam2007$ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th March 2023, 20:02   #3125

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam2007$ View Post
The dual tone horn is already available in Monte Carlo model and believe me it's not that great. Instead, talk to the Skoda accessories guy, he will be happy to install Trumpet horns charging about 2K. Recently upgraded in my Monte Carlo and absolutely delighted seeing the responses on road

The reason they provided me is that in Style dual tone horns will disable anti-theft alarm feature. Did your ASC inform you anything about this when you have installed the trumpet horn?

Also, heard engine bay insulation is available for Slavia, is it available for Kushaq as well ?
Old 13th March 2023, 21:58   #3126

Quote:
The reason they provided me is that in Style dual tone horns will disable anti-theft alarm feature. Did your ASC inform you anything about this when you have installed the trumpet horn?

Also, heard engine bay insulation is available for Slavia, is it available for Kushaq as well ?
No such issues mentioned by Skoda staff. I doubt it will affect the same as it was only a plug and play type of connection. However, it needs to be confirmed.

Regarding bonnet insulation on Kushaq, so far they have no idea.
Old 15th March 2023, 11:08   #3127
BHPian

Quote:

Although the service center let me down, I fell in love how the Polo drives. It has got an unparallel handling.
Congrats on your Kushaq. Nothing drives like the Polo. I hate VW for having discontinued it. All the newer cars they have can't hold a candle to the Polo.

Quote:
1. Window control from the car key. Absolutely fabulous feature. A 15 lakh car must have this. I don't like going back to the car, keying it in to close the window.

2. OneTouch window control for all windows.
1 & 2 go together. Since they have done away with one touch feature to control costs, they can't give the key fob window control. It is an underrated feature. My Karoq has the key fob control. And it opens and closes the Sunroof too! Neat.

My dad drives a 1.0MT Ambition Kushaq and I didn't even know it came with Idle Start/Stop!! Are you sure yours isn't Style or 1.5?

Quote:
8. Instrument cluster doesn't light up unless you switch on the headlight. This seemed to be a bug with my car, need to get it checked during my first service.
Yes this is a weird one. I have noticed that it lights up inside tunnels or underpasses even if the headlight is off but it doesn't inside the basement parking. Don't know how it works.

Kushaq is a lovely car to drive and handles superbly. Comfy too with acres of space, as compared to the Polo. Enjoy!
Old 15th March 2023, 11:36   #3128
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkyhere View Post
You will never get the same 'feel' with the steering as the 2010 Figo. Even your ecosport wouldn't have matched that.
This is a bad reference point for expectation. No car that you buy today in India will match the HPS of your old 2010 Figo.
I agree HPS is a different animal i still miss the HPS on my 2012 BMW 335i which i had back in the US. None of the steerings even on todays sports cars have that feedback and confidence.
Old 17th March 2023, 18:55   #3129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilful View Post
I have come across folk saying this and have been wondering why VW don't take care or it. Just thought I'll put a link from YouTube of a test conducted on Kushaq to check the same - just as a matter of interest (Mods -please delete this if it is not allowed). Took me by surprise I must say!!

https://www.Youtube.com/watch?v=g5Nbc8Y9xjQ
I believe that is a very misleading video. I have been in these 1.0 versions of both VW twins and the AC is below average at best. I am talking about Pune heat, when temperature was about 35 degrees. God knows how worse it will be at 45-50 degree heat.

There was a similar comparison of Ecosport's AC under somewhat similar testing (50+ degree heat) conditions (It's been pulled down now). It managed to get down the temperature to 8 degrees in 1 minute and 20 secs. Kushaq in above video takes more than 5 minutes.

Last edited by 07CR : 17th March 2023 at 18:57.
07CR is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 17th March 2023, 23:17   #3130
BHPian

Hi Folks,

Our Kushaq completed 11k KMs in a span of one year and we took it for the yearly service. Just thought of sharing the overall experience along with the service costs. Service was done at Speedworks Skoda, Lucknow. We did not purchase the service package at the time of car purchase and had only opted for extended warranty.

Service experience was very good and I was surprised to see the level of attention our car was given. We had booked our appointment couple of weeks in advance and were greeted well at the service center. We reached sharp at 10:30 am as requested by the service advisor and our car was up for inspection within 10 minutes.

Updates requested:
1. Doors rattling check
2. Horn Upgrade
3. Bonnet insulation
4. Aluminium Pedals

For point 3 and 4, they have requested for 3-4 days and agreed to install these parts at our home. Our Kushaq is from the 1st batch and rattles quite a bit, they have put a tape across the doors after properly cleaning and applying some spray. Unfortunately, though rattles have reduced but not completely eliminated. There are still few rattle noises coming from somewhere .

After scanning, they mentioned an update for AC is being shown which needs to be done to which we agreed, however we have faced no issues with the AC cooling. Returning home after the service, it felt a bit better than earlier but need to test more.

Now the best part, finally we have the horn which we were missing from earlier VW cars, the scooty and bike type horn has now been replaced by trumpet ones , will share the part number here.

We also enquired if we can swap Ambition/Style model headlights to which they politely refused-reason being different wiring harness.

Total bill for the service was 6053 INR (1st service so no labour charges). Horn was 1500 so in total we paid 7553 for the 1st year service.

Service experience has been very satisfactory with Speedworks, Skoda Lucknow.
The overall experience with the car as well has been delightful with a smile every time you drive it. Surely recommended for anyone who loves to drive.

Sharing few pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_1614.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_1615.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_1616.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_1617.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_1618.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_1619.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_1621.jpg  

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 17th March 2023 at 23:36.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 10:01   #3131
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitnair77 View Post
While that video is useful, it doesn't replicate how the AC actually feels. I'll try and describe the Kushaq's A/C for you. I drive a 1.5 DSG.
  • The A/C is pretty useless if set at 22 degrees or higher. The performance is okay if you set it lower than that. My default setting is 20.
  • The fan is really weird. It seems like there is an inherent design flaw that prevents it from circulating air properly. It either creates a lot of draft or none at all.
  • You are always fiddling with the system. You cannot set it on auto and forget about it. It creates these pockets of hot and cold air so you are tweaking it during a drive. The recirculation feature has its own mind.
  • The HVAC system is noisy overall. Ventilated seats work well and it's switched on 100% of the time in my case. If you are buying the Kushaq, buying a version with ventilated seats is mandatory.

It's not a deal breaker in my opinion as the car is lovely to drive but is a significant irritant that detracts from the overall experience. Audioholic has provided a VCDS mod that helps: https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techn...ml#post5383426 (VCDS tweaks for Skoda / Volkswagen MQB A0 IN platform cars)
Rightly summarized. I am yet to experience in full Bangalore summer with kushaq's AC but have faced the "slight weirdness" of the manner AC behaves. Again - not a deal breaker.
Old 21st March 2023, 10:57   #3132
BHPian

Can you all try to get your AC updated? I feel a lot of difference after the update. the throw of fans was almost negligible earlier in "Auto" mode, but now it is pretty good. Also, no auto cut observed at low speed or in traffic now. Still not like Maruti/Tata, but satisfactory now.
maverickNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2023, 13:59   #3133

Received a quote from Skoda for the new RDE complaint BS 6.2 Skoda Kushaq Ambition 1.0 MT @13.34 lakhs ex-showroom vs 13.19 lakhs ex-showroom for BS 6 version. So it's a 15k hike but sadly no discounts anymore. Even the HDFC credit card cashback of 25k is not available on these new models. One can however claim a 15k discount as exchange bonus/loyalty bonus/corporate bonus (any one of these). Deliveries to begin by the end of the month.

Does anyone has any more information about the new BS6.2 models. I hope these will be E20 ready as well. I was hoping for a few feature updates as well.
Old 22nd March 2023, 12:01   #3134

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicodash View Post
Check with some other dealerships from nearby towns and bluff that you are getting 60-70K as discount from the first dealership on '22 model, and ask them to give you substantially better offer. I did exactly this and had got 30K extra discount and 10k worth free accessories.
Thanks for the inputs, decided to wait for the BS6.2 model. Got this quote from the showroom:

Skoda Kushaq Review-img20230316wa0007.jpg

This doesn't include the 15k exchange bonus for my old Alto.

From the VIN number, the model is February '23 manufactured. Will do PDI today or tomorrow, and will probably get it by next week after registration.
xskull03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd March 2023, 13:15   #3135
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by xskull03 View Post
Thanks for the inputs, decided to wait for the BS6.2 model. Got this quote from the showroom:

From the VIN number, the model is February '23 manufactured. Will do PDI today or tomorrow, and will probably get it by next week after registration.
I think the discount offered is too little. When I say that I got 30K extra discount, I mean that I got a total of 60-70K discount including the cash discount and extended warranty, Elite insurance plus SMP cost. If the discount is only around 35k, try to make sure that they include 4 Year SMP and 6 Years Extended Warranty for free. Haggle as much as possible. Their sales have dropped in the last 2-3 months, so they should be open to more discounts.

As for PDI, do not forget to check the driver side window motor extensively.

All the best for your purchase. Kushaq is an excellent car. I have done around 12.5K in less than 6 months and it has given me any headaches.
nicodash is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed