Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th March 2023, 18:04   #3151

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by rish_arora View Post
Also, I can see Ambition Variant of 1.5 TSI. The more powerful engine now starts at 14.99 L Ex-showroom.
You are right. I missed it.
It's a great move by Skoda
People buying Style 1.0 will be really confused now
Old 27th March 2023, 18:10   #3152

Quote:
Originally Posted by VRSriram View Post
Where is the Ambition variant of 1.5 TSI mentioned? I could not see in their website.
It's mentioned in the new price list released on 21.3.2023. See my post above.
Old 27th March 2023, 18:17   #3153
BHPian

Quote:
Where is the Ambition variant of 1.5 TSI mentioned? I could not see in their website.
Checked with Skoda and as part of BS 6.2 model, 1.5 TSI is going to be launched in Ambition.
VRSriram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2023, 21:42   #3154
BHPian

Quote:
Checked with Skoda and as part of BS 6.2 model, 1.5 TSI is going to be launched in Ambition.

Competition is always good. I'd love it if Skoda responded with both an RS & Rider Variants of Slavia, we know they can do that. Make the 1.5 available in both of them.

Would it make commercial sense? Likely not, but do I want it to happen? hell yea
Old 27th March 2023, 21:54   #3155
BHPian

Any Kushaq owner residing in Mumbai? Please PM me, want to enquire about an accessory.
Old 28th March 2023, 00:47   #3156

Need help/suggestions.

After a long dilemma of Taigun vs Kushaq I decided to go with Kushaq Ambition Classic Variant just because of value it offers.

Went to the dealerships and enquired the price. All of them gave similar quotes. Then the dealership (PPS) followed up promptly with me so I had decided go with them. They said that the white colour wasn't available in Ambition Classic and nudged me to go for Ambition Variant. I agreed and went with it. Did the test drive and booked it on March 11. And then started the loan processing with PNB which delayed the process by 2-3 working days. Post which that the down-payment is also done. Since the full and final settlement is done the sales rep promised me that the vehicle will arrive on Saturday 25th March and PDI will be done on Monday/Tuesday (27th & 28th) and then the registration process will be carried out on Wednesday. Since i had to to travel on Tuesday I was following up since Saturday with the sales rep and he stopped responding to my calls. Called him on Sunday - no answer and the again on Monday - no answer. I called up his manager and there was no answer. And then I called the showroom land-line number which was listed on Google and the receptionist said she will arrange a call back. Within seconds the sales rep responded on whatsapp with his manager's number. Called the manager twice and he didn't pick up. At the last try before going to the showroom in person he picked up the call and tells me that the Ambition variant isn't in stock and they are checking stock/arranging it from other dealers. And also told me that the new BS6.2 variants won't come with any discounts.

So I want to know how to approach the situation and what should be my next step here?

Last edited by Aditya : 28th March 2023 at 06:11. Reason: Non-forum character deleted
IamMrH is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 09:58   #3157
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamMrH View Post
Need help/suggestions.

After a long dilemma of Taigun vs Kushaq I decided to go with Kushaq Ambition Classic Variant just because of value it offers.

Went to the dealerships and enquired the price. All of them gave similar quotes. Then the dealership (PPS) followed up promptly with me so I had decided go with them. They said that the white colour wasn't available in Ambition Classic and nudged me to go for Ambition Variant. I agreed and went with it. Did the test drive and booked it on March 11. And then started the loan processing with PNB which delayed the process by 2-3 working days. Post which that the down-payment is also done. Since the full and final settlement is done the sales rep promised me that the vehicle will arrive on Saturday 25th March and PDI will be done on Monday/Tuesday (27th & 28th) and then the registration process will be carried out on Wednesday. Since i had to to travel on Tuesday I was following up since Saturday with the sales rep and he stopped responding to my calls. Called him on Sunday - no answer and the again on Monday - no answer. I called up his manager and there was no answer. And then I called the showroom land-line number which was listed on Google and the receptionist said she will arrange a call back. Within seconds the sales rep responded on whatsapp with his manager's number. Called the manager twice and he didn't pick up. At the last try before going to the showroom in person he picked up the call and tells me that the Ambition variant isn't in stock and they are checking stock/arranging it from other dealers. And also told me that the new BS6.2 variants won't come with any discounts.

So I want to know how to approach the situation and what should be my next step here?
Why did you made the down payment without actual delivery of the car? When I took my swift, I only paid only the booking amount of 5k and rest payments (incl. Loan disbursement) I made on the day I took the delivery. The registration process happened on that day only because now everything is online. This is a grave negligence on your part.

Now coming to the relief, first drop them an email tagging skoda along stating that you will be needing your every penny back including interest. Cite that it was it was breach of contract and you had suffered mental agony and financial restrain as all your future plans depends on the fixed delivery date which was not honoured. Threaten them with legal action.
Do not negotiate on the interest part. Do not budge at any cost. Tell them that you are doing a favour to them by not asking for damage incurred to you. Look for some other showroom/brand. Whatever happen never agree to buy from them. They may sell you a defective car.

Just let me know what happens next.
sabi_swat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th March 2023, 15:58   #3158

Quote:
Originally Posted by sabi_swat View Post
This is a grave negligence on your part.
Realizing it now. I gave them the cheque when I was promised that the car will reach the dealership even before it gets cleared.

Quote:
Now coming to the relief, first drop them an email tagging skoda along stating that you will be needing your every penny back including interest.
I did email Skoda customer care and Piyush Arora (MD, Skoda-VW). Someone from his office reached out via call and is looking into it. Have raised my concerns with her. Waiting for further communication from Skoda. Also, not sure if I want to go for the refund since the discounts the dealership offered (similar to other dealerships) were good and I won't get the same deal if I change the dealership with the price hike & BS6.2 cars coming in from April 1st. Anyways will wait for communication from Skoda and take a call.

Quote:
Cite that it was it was breach of contract and you had suffered mental agony and financial restrain as all your future plans depends on the fixed delivery date which was not honoured. Threaten them with legal action.
Do not negotiate on the interest part. Do not budge at any cost. Tell them that you are doing a favour to them by not asking for damage incurred to you.
Thanks for this. Will do the same.

Quote:
Look for some other showroom/brand. Whatever happen never agree to buy from them. They may sell you a defective car.
This is one of the concerns I raised with Skoda's POC. Won't take a defective or surplus car. However, the Sales Rep contacted me with Ambition Classic Variant availability (which is what I wanted earlier but chose to go with Ambition coz of the non-availability of white colour). Should I take the Ambition Classic variant? If yes, what are the things I should make sure that it's not a defective car?
Old 29th March 2023, 11:30   #3159

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
I will be taking delivery of my Kushaq 1.0 MT Ambition on 23rd December. This variant comes with 205/60 R16 where as Style comes with 205/55 R17. I am planning to go with tyre size of Style on my Ambition. Will it cause any issues in terms of drivability. Please suggest.
Hi,

Did you go ahead with the tyre upgrade? I am also thinking of upgrading my Kushaq's Ambition model alloys and tyres to that of the Style variant.
How much did it cost you to upgrade the same in case you did?

Thanks
Old 29th March 2023, 22:48   #3160
BHPian

For everyone concerned about the AC issues and power window problems, here is an important update. I did the latest software update last week and both the issues seems to have gone away for now.

I own a Kushaq 1.0 AT Stile variant (Oct 2021 make bought in Jan 2022). Like many kushaq owners, I too had some issues right from the beginning. The major ones and how these were solved is as follows. Luckily the ECU issue, fuel pump problems and door or dash squeaks were not present in my car.

1. AC issue.

This was the biggest one. On medium hot days (that is only what we have in Kerala) the blow from AC felt more like a room cooler. The first year service, which I did in January made it a little better. The latest update done last week seems to have made it a lot better. The cooling is now effective enough that I have to reduce cooling by a degree or two sometimes which never happened earlier. The blow speed is actually lesser, but the air feels much cooler now.

Still, it is no match for a Tata or Toyota AC - just good enough for my needs. A setting of 22 degrees in Kushaq even now is only as good as a 26 in our Corolla Altis.

2. Power window problem

The driver side power window kept going back halfway and sometimes took 2-3 attempts to close. The service engineer (at EVM Kochi) had told me during the first year service that changing the switch or motor is still not effective and asked me to wait for the next update. This time (last week) they called me offering update on AC, but I insisted on the power window solution also. The service gal told me that the power window motor's chip needed to be rewritten along with ECU update for this to work. I told them I am willing to leave the car for the day and should get it done. They did it and it is working fine now. Fingers crossed as I have heard it has come back for many owners, but my feeling is that the process this time may have done the trick.

3. Screeching noise from brakes

This was a big irritant in the initial months, but luckily went away by itself once the car crossed around 4K kms. The failure with Skoda on this is on two counts - the issue should not been there in the first place and even when people complained they did not know or could assure that it will go away afterwards!! Anyway thankful that it is gone.

4. Too much power when launching from standstill

This too felt odd in the initial period. I haven't felt like it in any of my earlier cars, but here you had to be very careful with a foot on the brake when launching the vehicle everytime. This was especially bad when you had to reverse in tight spaces. This too Skoda didn't knew much about and the service guys even told me it was the nature of the gear ratio and you have to live with it. Surprisingly the issue kept receding and I think the launch power became quite normal around 5k kms.

5. Periodic beeps while playing music

This was felt in the first few days and this very TeamBHP thread told me that it was caused by the native music app. I immediately removed both the maps and music apps I had downloaded earlier and the issue never resurfaced. I hadn't tried those apps ever since.

6. AC controls going berserk

I felt several times that the AC controls by themselves were going into a different mode - like when in auto mode it will change to manual etc. Soon realised that it was not a bug, but a nature of the very sensitive touch controls. Just being careful not to touch the controls by accident solves this one. Still I miss those blessed rotary controls for AC settings. Also, I dread of a future where a single screen controls everything like many cars these days. Apart from the weak engines, this is one reason I am telling myself for not going for the new Bimmer X1

7. Whistiling noise from AC when vent is closed

This is a very minor thing, but still unsolved. The vents on both ends, when fully closed makes a small whistling sound. I never read about this anywhere , but is still present for me. Not much of an issue because in my car those are seldom closed.

All said, today I am a very happy owner. Enjoying the fine ride characteristics and confident in our crazy roads about the top safety ratings this one has got. Also, being 6'2" tall, there are not many cars in this class in which I can sit really comfortably in both front and rear seats. The longer wheelbase is really useful in this aspect. Meanwhile, the smaller outer dimensions make my usage in all the congested roads and parking spaces in my home town a breeze. In fact, it somehow feels much easier to drive around and park than both the Corolla and even the shorter Ecosport which we have.

I hope this account will help the owners who are still trying to figure out how to solve these issues and also those looking to buy any of the Skoda/VW 2.0 cars.

Last edited by CoolFire : 29th March 2023 at 22:50.
CoolFire is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 3rd April 2023, 06:58   #3161
BHPian

Did you get aftermarket seat covers? They are looking good!
Old 10th April 2023, 12:39   #3162
BHPian

Skoda Kushaq is now available in Kodiaq's Lava Blue shade & it looks gorgeous. I just saw a photo of the same posted in FB Kushaq group.

Last edited by CafeRacer16 : 10th April 2023 at 12:42.
CafeRacer16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th April 2023, 13:06   #3163

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoi View Post
Now why would one want their car to have splinter camouflage
Perhaps to be invisible to the traffic police and their speed radars

It is an unusual design (Have not seen many cars with this design) and may help people to stand out. Though, compared to Monte Carlo version, this definitely isn't a good looking version.
MoonShot is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th April 2023, 10:51   #3164

Last week my Kushaq's AC wasn't working. The compressor switched on followed with a whooshing noise but it was blowing out hot/normal air. Went to service center and the AC campaign was also pending. On inspection, the AC system did not have any gas at all. The technician couldn't find any leakage after filling up the gas.

The team is clueless on how a 1.5 year old car looses gas without any leakage. The performance post the campaign is definitely better but the car is delivered under observation asusual.

Any one else had this issue on their car?
Old 13th April 2023, 07:39   #3165

Quote:
Originally Posted by nilanjanpaik View Post
The automatic engine shut down in traffic seemed too aggressive. When in bumper-to-bumper traffic, you cannot take your feet from the clutch. Even if I take my foot off for two seconds the engine shuts down. It's annoying..

Can you please elaborate this?

Last edited by Sheel : 13th April 2023 at 07:47. Reason: Please quote ONLY the relevant bits of a post. Quoting a full, long post inconveniences our mobile readers. Thanks!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks