Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2023, 11:26   #3061
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Does it have retention hooks for the child seat at the middle? Just the 3 point seat belt is not enough, the child seat needs to be anchored to the hooks as well.
Well Some of the car seats don't have retention hooks. For such seats only 3 point belt is enough.
Ex-
https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/C1wvB2mQUzL.pdf

There are no anchor points for middle seats though.
Old 11th January 2023, 12:44   #3062
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Aren't you getting any year end offers? People are mentioning offers upto 1 lakh currently, do enquire at other dealers too. This is the best time to get discounts. Just ask them to give discount on ex showroom price.
Well i got the Sales and TD appointment for Friday. And the initial cost sheet shared with me does not speak of any offers as such. But i will surely keep in my mind to check on this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
1. My brother has a kushaq, a 2 year old kid and parents too. So what he does he make larger people sit in the front. In the back with the child seat on one side 2 people are able to sit. See it depends on the size of the people too, although creta/seltos might be a bit wider, but would you prefer a 5 star rated car for your family vs a barely 3 star car?
Yes, we (humans) come in all sizes. waiting for TD. As for safety, I cannot and will not argue against proven numbers but I, for one, am ok. (multiple incidents with top rated manufactures have failed as well but again do not support or endorse a less safe car in anyway)

Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
This is a very hard problem to solve. You are not supposed to put the child seat in the front seat unless there is a provision to turn off front passenger airbag. Keeping the child seat in the middle of the backseat doesn't leave much space for two adults to sit comfortably on long journeys.
Thought so.!!! And yes I agree. Almost all cars have a pictorial representation on Front passenger side mirror about not to put a child seat in front.

Quote:
You can't be wishing to drive aggressively and blame poor FE on DCT. And yes, DSG does encourage sporty driving.
Counting on this statement / expectation only. IVT is a bit slow to respond to my heart.

Quote:
though you should be fine if you don't do any aftermarket fitments including battery and stick to scheduled service
Got it. I am not into too much after market anyway. Although i do feel something like a 360 camera should have been in the package at this price point.
Old 11th January 2023, 17:13   #3063
VEA
BHPian

I am thinking of changing the wheels to 16" ones from the stock 17 inches. Hoping to improve ride quality a bit along with giving some relief to the creaky plasticky dashboard. Im concerned that the 16" alloys on the ambient variant will affect the looks as they are 6J vs the 6.5J style wheels, hence looking at aftermarket. Looking for a minimum 6.5 wide wheel. I am considering getting the Polo Portago 16" wheels as they match the PCD and centre bore exactly which I think would be better than other aftermarket wheel with hub adapters. But I am seeing conflicting info that they are both 6" and 6.5" wide. Anyone knows for sure?

Has anyone done similar mod here? Is the difference in ride quality with 16 inch wheels really noticeable?
Old 11th January 2023, 18:22   #3064
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post
Hi Experts and Owners,

I am in the wait of an SUV since some time now. I am an enthusiast and love to revv hard. Looking for an automatic. Live in Bangalore; Mostly City plus occasional highway trips.

Now, as my overall KMs run is low, Diesel is ruled out. I am looking for Turbo Petrol and mostly will decide between Creta DCT, Seltos DCT, Kushaq 1.5 or Taigun 1.5.

1. Space: We have a 2 year old daughter and we use Car seat at the back? I am given to understand we cannot / should not put the seat in middle, and once you have put the seat at one side, 2 adults cannot sit. My parents are retired so they usually come live with us and we do have the need for 2 adults at back on most occasions. Can some one please provide their experience or feedback on actual comfort?
--> This is a primary concern of shortlisting Creta because there 3 adults could sit very comfortably.
I own a Kushaq and I have a similar family (My wife, 7 year old son, 2 senior citizen in laws) joining for short and long drives. Once you keep the baby car seat on the rear left seat (my preference as it is on kerb side and non traffic facing), the middle and right rear passengers are a quite a bit of squeeze. The middle seat is raised and the back rest is not fully aligned giving a raised effect. This may be okay for short drives but is not suitable for long drives especially for senior citizens.

I went for a 1500 Km trip in the last week of December and couldn't use the booster seat though for the same reason. In fact, this is true for all the cars you listed in your shortlist. Please do not test with three adults in the back but test with a real baby car seat and 2 adults in the rear, if possible. The only cars I was comfortable in rear space was XUV300 and Duster due to bench type seating but they were ruled out for other reasons. Else, you need a 6 seater so that you can permanently put the baby car seat without compromising other rear passengers comfort.

Also bear in mind though the ride quality is good, it won't be like a carpet ride or even close to Duster over speed breakers. It is definitely better than Seltos and Creta though. Apart from this, you will love the car provided you will be okay with some quirks. Buying a Skoda is a leap of faith and a decision from heart than brain. All the best for your next car!!!
thanixravindran is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 12th January 2023, 14:38   #3065
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post
I own a Kushaq and I have a similar family (My wife, 7 year old son, 2 senior citizen in laws) joining for short and long drives. Once you keep the baby car seat on the rear left seat (my preference as it is on kerb side and non traffic facing), the middle and right rear passengers are a quite a bit of squeeze. The middle seat is raised and the back rest is not fully aligned giving a raised effect. This may be okay for short drives but is not suitable for long drives especially for senior citizens.

I went for a 1500 Km trip in the last week of December and couldn't use the booster seat though for the same reason. In fact, this is true for all the cars you listed in your shortlist. Please do not test with three adults in the back but test with a real baby car seat and 2 adults in the rear, if possible. The only cars I was comfortable in rear space was XUV300 and Duster due to bench type seating but they were ruled out for other reasons. Else, you need a 6 seater so that you can permanently put the baby car seat without compromising other rear passengers comfort.

Also bear in mind though the ride quality is good, it won't be like a carpet ride or even close to Duster over speed breakers. It is definitely better than Seltos and Creta though. Apart from this, you will love the car provided you will be okay with some quirks. Buying a Skoda is a leap of faith and a decision from heart than brain. All the best for your next car!!!
Thank you very much for that feedback. This helps a lot to get real life picture. I had read about the middle seat hump but can co-relate now. In all honesty, i was actually replacing one adult with one car seat only. Will surely put the seat in which ever car i decide before the final decision. Wrt 'quirks' i have accepted that no car is perfect in the market today and the same product itself has different owner experiences (car + service). So fingers crossed to be on the LIGHT side. (on this topic, my current Hyundai Xcent has never disappointed me since last~9 years in any aspect)

Also, when stretching the budget to the max and then some, the brain does interfere in heart's decision.
Old 15th January 2023, 20:47   #3066
BHPian

Hi

Anyone here have replaced the halogen turn indicators to led ones on the Kushaq?
Old 16th January 2023, 00:37   #3067
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav1817 View Post
Hi Experts and Owners,

I am in the wait of an SUV since some time now. I am an enthusiast and love to revv hard. Looking for an automatic. Live in Bangalore; Mostly City plus occasional highway trips.

Now, as my overall KMs run is low, Diesel is ruled out. I am looking for Turbo Petrol and mostly will decide between Creta DCT, Seltos DCT, Kushaq 1.5 or Taigun 1.5. My research has been via mostly Teambhp and Youtube reviews/ownership reviews but also some friend's / family's personal feedbacks.

The OTR for 1.5 DGG Style is ~25L OTR including extended warranty which is approx 3L more than what i want/desire, so had some question specific to Kushaq:

1. Space: We have a 2 year old daughter and we use Car seat at the back? I am given to understand we cannot / should not put the seat in middle, and once you have put the seat at one side, 2 adults cannot sit. My parents are retired so they usually come live with us and we do have the need for 2 adults at back on most occasions. Can some one please provide their experience or feedback on actual comfort?
--> This is a primary concern of shortlisting Creta because there 3 adults could sit very comfortably.
None of these could be comfortable for you with car seat and 4 adults. Since you are good with Hyundai and Kia levels of safety ratings, I think you need to buy a 2nd-row bench version of Carens or else Alcazar for your use case. With a marginal increase in budget, you would be able to get a very similar or even better car from your Creta/Seltos options, accommodate all of your family and once your daughter grows up, say after 4 years, you can just fold the last row down and use it as a 5 seater with an extended boot.

Oops, sorry. Alcazar does not have a turbo petrol engine yet by the way, and no DCT either. Then Carens 7DCT it is.

Last edited by VinsWagen : 16th January 2023 at 00:42. Reason: Alcazar update
Old 17th January 2023, 10:00   #3068
BHPian

I have a strange issue , on the display, I am not able to see the ODO (total KM), like in the picture, tried all options. As per the manual should see it in the white box marked here.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20230117-9.56.33-am.png  

Old 17th January 2023, 10:14   #3069
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by asinghal View Post
I have a strange issue , on the display, I am not able to see the ODO (total KM), like in the picture, tried all options. As per the manual should see it in the white box marked here.
You need to switch off the cruise control to see the ODO. On the steering press the 0/1 cruise off switch.
Vid6639 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 10:14   #3070
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by asinghal View Post
I have a strange issue, on the display, I am not able to see the ODO (total KM), like in the picture, I tried all options. As per the manual should see it in the white box marked here.

This symbol is that Cruise Control is on which can be set using the two buttons on the side of the high beam/low beam stalk on the steering column.

On the top of the same stalk, you will see a toggle that has on/off and cancel written, upon sliding the toggle towards the right-hand side, you can switch off the Cruise Control, making the Total Odometer visible again.
_Piyush_ is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th January 2023, 21:50   #3071
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
[*]The aggressive creep mode - Has become a lot less aggressive now. Earlier, I used to literally ride on my brakes in bumper-to-bumper traffic. Not anymore.
Can you please share the creep speed pre and post this update?
Old 19th January 2023, 00:22   #3072
BHPian

Is this a good price for a MY22 car ?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20230116215905_drive.jpg  

Old 19th January 2023, 22:06   #3073
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_911 View Post
Absolutely yes if the car is manufactured post July 2022! (Most initial niggles were solved after this batch)

Pro Tip - Ask for car chassis number to decode the month of Manufacturing to make an informed decision.
Old 20th January 2023, 08:54   #3074
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aditya_911 View Post
Considering our 1.0MT Monte Carlo was 19.5 without any discounts...yes you are getting a very good deal. During the PDI check whether any of the usual issues are there
Old 20th January 2023, 09:42   #3075
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vagman View Post
Absolutely yes if the car is manufactured post July 2022! (Most initial niggles were solved after this batch)

Pro Tip - Ask for car chassis number to decode the month of Manufacturing to make an informed decision.
The cars are manufactured in Q3 and Q4 of 2022. Am trying to get a deal for two cars at Rs19.50 lacs/car On Road Delhi with extended warranty and service pack .
Let me know via PM if someone is interested in picking up one car in the group deal .

Last edited by aditya_911 : 20th January 2023 at 10:07.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks