Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th December 2022, 10:42   #3016
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Hey All
What is the normal temperature range for the 1.5 TSI engine?
Old 10th December 2022, 11:42   #3017
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigsIndianCuz View Post
Hey All
Normal temperature of what? Coolant? Engine oil?
Old 10th December 2022, 11:45   #3018
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Normal temperature of what? Coolant? Engine oil?
The Temperature gauge on the dash indicated engine temp to be 90C. I don't know what is this supposed to be the temperature of but my father got concerned about it.
Old 10th December 2022, 13:21   #3019
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Skoda Kushaq CNG Variant spied testing, launching in 2023?

Skoda Kushaq CNG bi-fuel can become India’s first CNG vehicle to come mated to an automatic gearbox.
I am very surprised to see this. The folks who want CNG are obsessed with lower running costs and are happy to make the tradeoff in terms of performance. Are these people willing to buy a VW/Skoda product?

A CNG VW/Skoda to me sounds like the worst of both worlds. Poor performance and high maintenance costs
shyampsunder is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 17:50   #3020
BHPian

Quote:
The Temperature gauge on the dash indicated engine temp to be 90C. I don't know what is this supposed to be the temperature of but my father got concerned about it.
Apparently thats the coolant temp. As long as it doesn't cross the 90° mark your father need not be concerned about it.
corvus corax is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 10th December 2022, 23:50   #3021
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigsIndianCuz View Post
Hey All
VAG cars display 90C for quite a wide coolant temperature range. ~80C to 100C. However, that's not a cause for any concern. Engine Oil temps are also alright up to ~125C. Just make sure not to push the car too much when the oil temp crosses 120. !! Never switch off your engine with high oil temps !!

PS- These cars are built to take the heat(Pun intended). The highest oil temperature I've seen to date in my Octavia TSI has been 118C, that too after 25 minutes of some spirited uphill driving with max speeds never crossing 60kmph and an ambient temperature of 40C and harsh sunlight.
revsperminute is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 11th December 2022, 12:09   #3022
BHPian

Can’t imagine Škoda and VW falling for this CNG stuff. People who are interested in lower running costs, would anyway be happy with Maruti, Hyundai etc. I think this is a compromise on the overall Brand Value and brand promise of VW as such.
Old 12th December 2022, 23:05   #3023
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_kushaq View Post
Has anyone tried Mirror "Lowering in reverse" feature? It doesn't seem to do anything even with reverse gear engaged. Is it working for anyone?Attachment 2385912
I dont see this option in my Virtus GT. Being same software etc I wonder whats the mystery.
Old 13th December 2022, 15:57   #3024
BHPian

I booked the Skoda Kushaq 1.5 L DSG Style White with PPS Skoda Mysore Road.

Current Garage:
BMW 320 D F30 (2016) Sportline Red - 75K kms.
Honda Brio V AT (2012) Silver - 60K kms.

Since we shifted to the outskirts Brio usage has decreased as it feels inadequate for daily use on Highways and Expressways. Lack of Safety and Power are major reasons for the upgrade.

Currently BMW is used as daily driver which gives great mileage and is also very comfortable and can take most bad roads and traffic easily. Since BMW is now out of warranty we wanted to use it less in city traffic and bad roads so we can use it easily for years to come.

Preferred body type was SUV though Budget was flexible 20lakh CSUV segment was the sweet spot being easier to drive around the town while being adequate for longer trips. Higher segment also considered if it felt like a sufficient upgrade. Both me and my wife will be driving it.

Options considered

Hyundai Creta: Feels nice sized with good space and features and would have probably gone for Diesel AT. Driving dynamics and performance was decent not great compared to the Germans. Feature loaded but it did not matter greatly in the choice. Looks did not appeal and somehow they seem to be making the car uglier with each iteration. Test car had not age well with the Parking hold switch broken and seats etc. all frayed. Safety also a factor to reject it.

Hyundai Tucson: Definitely more refined and plush with quite a lot of features which are more good to have. Size just felt bigger than needed when moving around the city. Value definitely a factor

Toyota Hyryder: Impressed with the smooth driving hybrid. Great choice if comfort and not performance is your primary concern. Big deal breaker was the boot size for such a large car. The flimsy sun roof undercover is also unacceptable. Overall while seats etc felt nice but overall build etc. felt like a Maruti and car does not feel that solid.

XUV 700: Great product but this was an academic choice due to waiting times. Almost a complete choice with great build, interiors and good performance on both fuel options. Diesel Engine/gearbox combination is very good but Waiting times for car size bigger than needed made it easier to reject. Some parts like door handles feel cheap but overall great value product.

Citroen C5: Nice ride and upgrade looks great. However seats felt bit narrow for the driver. Backseats are also narrow in effort to make it true 5 seater. For the price again was never seriously considered

Jeep Compass: We seriously considered the Diesel variant. Interiors are probably one of the best in the segment and feel very premium. It is also great to drive over all types of road surfaces. Seating position is nice and feels like a complete product till you start driving it. Somehow the Engine and gearbox combination feels not up to it. Engine is too noisy and gearbox is laggy. Difference in driving it back to back with 320d is too stark. Gearbox which feels even 20% lazier would really add up a lot when you have to drive it everyday. I feel for this price it should be effortless driving when many others like XUV 700 have managed to get it right.

SKoda Kushaq: Both of us had arrived at our choices pretty early in the process. It really feels powerful and fun to drive. Driving is effortless and the nimble size and driving dynamics makes it a fun experience taking it around town or on highways. This was the primary criteria for both of us and no one else came close to it. 1.5 L was the clear choice as 1L driven back to back felt just a bit slower to respond. I am realistic about potential DSG troubles and will budget for it and as long as it does not leave us stranded badly I am ok. Extended warranty has been taken.

Decent interiors and seating comfort. Kushaq out scores Taigun in terms of interior and we also preferred its exterior looks. Great knee room for people in the backseat and boot also is adequate though not generous.

Features have been comprised and you wish they would give a proper TPMS and electric seat adjustment. Good to see a manual handbrake though. Infotainment etc. is also ok and livable and not very exciting.

Finally for us at this price I am happy to pay for a better core product and live with acceptable add ons. Good to get immediate delivery and no crazy waiting times.

Hoping to close the delivery in next few days and hopefully have a good ownership experience.
neeravnaik is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 17th December 2022, 11:54   #3025
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick_kushaq View Post
Has anyone tried Mirror "Lowering in reverse" feature? It doesn't seem to do anything even with reverse gear engaged. Is it working for anyone?Attachment 2385912

I rember seeing this feature in my car, but recently when I checked the settings, I did not find the mirrors lowering in reverse feature anywhere.
Have they removed the support via an update?
Old 19th December 2022, 14:24   #3026
BHPian

Dear All,

I purchased the Kushaq 1.0 AT Ambition on 4th Dec in Bangalore. It’s Nov manufactured car.

Request fellow BHPians to help me on the below two:

1. The latest website updated brochure(ncap rating also mentioned so the brochure may be as new as October) says Ambition AT variant comes with Škoda Connect. However, the dealer says it’s a mistake from Škoda and from April it’s not available. They said even if I escalate they’ll direct me to the dealer and dealer will give this same response to me again.

Can anyone comment on this please. How do I get what I was supposed to get? ��

2. Also, I drove down from Bangalore to Hyd last weekend. The fuel efficiency says 12.7kpl. Should I be worried? Most of the drive was 80ish and here there 100-110kph without forcing it to go faster as such.

My city mileage shows 5-6.5 :( with light foot driving. This is in traffic (signals and less than 30-40kph movement)

It’s new car and I have covered around 900kms. how much better I think it can get as I read some users are getting 10-13 in City conditions.

After spending so much on the car, even things that may sound small like these are irritating :(

Regards,
Aashik
Old 20th December 2022, 11:00   #3027
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashikf1 View Post
Dear All,

I purchased the Kushaq 1.0 AT Ambition on 4th Dec in Bangalore. It’s Nov manufactured car.

2. Also, I drove down from Bangalore to Hyd last weekend. The fuel efficiency says 12.7kpl. Should I be worried? Most of the drive was 80ish and here there 100-110kph without forcing it to go faster as such.
Congrats on the purchase!!

Our Kushaq has been driven around 8500KMs now and it is giving 11-13 KMPL in city, highway drives when kept between 90-100 speed gives a healthy mileage of 18+ consistently(have got even 22KMPL on Agra-Lucknow Expressway) with 4 people and luggage.

Please get it checked by the dealer if the low economy remains consistent, get tyre pressure checked as well.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 01:21   #3028
BHPian

My apologies if it has been asked/answered in the forum earlier, but what is this new 'Skoda SuperCare Program'?

https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/supercare-campaign

It seems to be quite steep for the top end 'Comprehensive' for the Kushaq, varying from 70K to 80K! Also the 'Comprehensive' is only for the MT variants.

How different is it from the SMP (Skoda Maintenance Program) which seems to not be visible on the official site anymore?
Old 21st December 2022, 08:46   #3029
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evyas View Post
My apologies if it has been asked/answered in the forum earlier, but what is this new 'Skoda SuperCare Program'?
How different is it from the SMP (Skoda Maintenance Program) which seems to not be visible on the official site anymore?
There were two maintenance packages earlier, SMP for the regular scheduled replacements and there was another which was like an enhanced package which would also cover a lot of wear and tear replacements like brake pads, clutch etc. I guess that has been renamed to SuperCare.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st December 2022, 13:05   #3030
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aashikf1 View Post
Dear All,

Request fellow BHPians to help me on the below two:

1. The latest website updated brochure(ncap rating also mentioned so the brochure may be as new as October) says Ambition AT variant comes with Škoda Connect. However, the dealer says it’s a mistake from Škoda and from April it’s not available. They said even if I escalate they’ll direct me to the dealer and dealer will give this same response to me again.

Can anyone comment on this please. How do I get what I was supposed to get? ��

My city mileage shows 5-6.5 :( with light foot driving. This is in traffic (signals and less than 30-40kph movement)

It’s new car and I have covered around 900kms. how much better I think it can get as I read some users are getting 10-13 in City conditions.

After spending so much on the car, even things that may sound small like these are irritating :(

Regards,
Aashik
Use 95 Octane fuel if available and you are not using it already...ours gives 10-11 kmpl in normal city usage
losblancos_sr4 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks