Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th November 2022, 18:42   #2971
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by PRAJIT SENGUPTA View Post
Cannot agree with you more.

I am a Polo TDI owner and wants to upgrade to Taigun 1.0 TSI. Have already test driven the same. Did not feel under powered at all and loved the ride and handling package.

Also waiting for 2023 batches (looking to book in Feb/March 2023) so that the small issues particularly the AC issues have been fully resolved. Heard that a software update has already come for older Taigun/Kushaq models to fix AC issue.
The Taigun MY23 model is already out from Oct Mfg batch. This comes with Rain Sensing Wipers and Auto AC by default. I recently booked a Taigun Highline AT after evaluating multiple options since many months( Hyryder, Seltos, Creta, Astor and even City for its sheer value :/). Finally narrowed down to Kushaq/Taigun.

Skoda Kushaq offers aren't great right now though. Even the 4years SMP (which VW is giving for free this month) Skoda says they'll discount from the total cost just to show the discount(checked with 2 dealers) and we have to buy the SMP additionally later. However, Regalia card helps you get a cash discount of 25k.

Regards,
Aashik
Old 18th November 2022, 08:10   #2972
BHPian

Re: Kushaq Style 1.5 MT : Booking experience and review after 1500 kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maky View Post
Thanks for sharing your purchase experience with us : )

I did not see you mention your reasons for removing the Jeep from the selection, given it was your first preference. I understand it's a completely different price point.
Sir, just the price point. I mentioned in the review "First one remained etched to the heart, but I cancelled the test drive simply because I did not want my heart to decide the budget. ".

I had booked a test drive with Yeshwantpur Jeep. A day before the appointment, I cancelled it fearing that I would convince myself to stretch the budget . The dealer courteously tried to convince me about the features and benefits in the longer run - so full marks for that.
pravs3012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th November 2022, 10:19   #2973
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravs3012 View Post
Sir, just the price point. I mentioned in the review "First one remained etched to the heart, but I cancelled the test drive simply because I did not want my heart to decide the budget. ".

I had booked a test drive with Yeshwantpur Jeep. A day before the appointment, I cancelled it fearing that I would convince myself to stretch the budget . The dealer courteously tried to convince me about the features and benefits in the longer run - so full marks for that.
Ah sorry I missed that line. I think you did well.
The Jeep Compass would have floored you with the package and you may have ended up where I am, significantly up from my initial budget of ~25L and looking at Compass, Octavia and Tiguan : ()
Old 19th November 2022, 13:35   #2974
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by pravs3012 View Post
7. A feeling of lottery : you may get 10 inch or 8 inch display no matter the cost you are paying.
Can you please elaborate on this ? Aren't all the variants of kushaq and slavia, except the Monte Carlo edition , equipped with the 8 inch ones ? How can one get the 10 inch one except for in the Monte Carlo?
Old 20th November 2022, 11:42   #2975
BHPian

Recently came across this new connect app which goes by the name of Skoda Connected.

Even the Skoda website now has the name of this application rather than the old my Skoda connect app.

I downloaded the new app and tried to login however it displayed the message user not registered.

Attaching some pictures here under.

Would love to hear the thoughts of fellow BHPians who may have has information regarding the same.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20221120_113704_google-play-store.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20221120_113650_google-play-store.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20221120_113640_google-play-store.jpg  

_Piyush_ is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 11:49   #2976
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Piyush_ View Post
Recently came across this new connect app which goes by the name of Skoda Connected.

Even the Skoda website now has the name of this application rather than the old my Skoda connect app.

Would love to hear the thoughts of fellow BHPians who may have has information regarding the same.
Talk to your dealer. It has to be registered at their end. Only after that you can see the dashboard in the App.
redcruiser is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 15:35   #2977
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Piyush_ View Post
Checked with Dealer in the hope that we can get some better feature set than what we have with current App. But, this is what I got to know about this new App Skoda Connected
"Each vehicle have a SIM card / Dongle in their for on-board diagnostic, etc. Earlier the service provider was Reliance Jio. However, recently this has changed and new vehicles come with Airtel SIM Card / Dongle. And apparently this has necessitated a new App!".

I dont get why changing mobile service provider needs a whole new App! But I hope, Skoda doesn't leave old owners of MySkodaConnect (not with 'ed') unsupported.
dmplog is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st November 2022, 19:53   #2978

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Yes, with 17k odo my front set of tires had only a little life left in them, which is despite judiciously following WB, WA, and WR within the stipulated intervals and had to replace all 4 with Vredestine Ultra Vorti 215/55 r17. I don`t buy bad roads as the sole reason for causing premature wear and tear in my case I had repeated issues related to the car drifting towards the left, which unfortunately is still present even after tyre replacement.

Coming to tyre brands, yes Michelins are the best and the only reason I went with Vredestine is the stiffer sidewalls compared to Michelins. Having said that, Continental UC6 are good and if you are getting it in stock size then better go with that.
Hi DragonHawk ,

I was finally informed by Tafe Access Mangalore that the Conti UC6 is not available in the stock size. I just wanted to know where were you able to source Vredestine tyres in Karnataka ? I know the importance of stiffer sidewalls as my stock MRF's had their sidewalls crack sadly....

Last edited by srinivas794 : 21st November 2022 at 20:02.
Old 21st November 2022, 22:35   #2979
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas794 View Post
Hi DragonHawk ,

I was finally informed by Tafe Access Mangalore that the Conti UC6 is not available in the stock size. I just wanted to know where were you able to source Vredestine tyres in Karnataka ? I know the importance of stiffer sidewalls as my stock MRF's had their sidewalls crack sadly....
Vredestein brand is now part of Apollo tyres and are manufactured by Apollo in India. So it should be easily available in Mangalore itself. If you are looking in stock size then better look for other brands as they don’t come in stock size.
DragonHawk is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 09:56   #2980
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DR Manabendra S View Post
Can you please elaborate on this ? Aren't all the variants of kushaq and slavia, except the Monte Carlo edition , equipped with the 8 inch ones ? How can one get the 10 inch one except for in the Monte Carlo?
That feeling is due to couple of reasons (again purely individual) and not just due to display screen:

1. This thread : https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/india...ml#post5424954 (Skoda Kushaq Anniversary Edition to be launched soon)

Looking at others in the segment, I felt it should have been there from beginning in the Style variant only to see it was added in the anniversary edition (in October?).

2. Another point: till 2-3 days before delivery, I was not sure if I would get auto-folding OVRM. I was told I would be refunded 15k if they do not come with the car.
Old 22nd November 2022, 10:08   #2981
BHPian

Attended children's day celebration at PPS SKoda Jakkur on 19th November. Glad to see they trying to market the "SAFETY" rating as that featured predominantly in the event. Also noticed a new hoarding on Hebbal
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-childrenday.jpg  

pravs3012 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd November 2022, 19:00   #2982
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmplog View Post
Checked with Dealer in the hope that we can get some better feature set than what we have with current App. But, this is what I got to know about this new App Skoda Connected
"Each vehicle have a SIM card / Dongle in their for on-board diagnostic, etc. Earlier the service provider was Reliance Jio. However, recently this has changed and new vehicles come with Airtel SIM Card / Dongle. And apparently this has necessitated a new App!".

I dont get why changing mobile service provider needs a whole new App! But I hope, Skoda doesn't leave old owners of MySkodaConnect (not with 'ed') unsupported.
I believe Skoda Myconnect app is just reskinned Jio motive app. If you have used both, it would have been identical. It is most likely developed by Jio and free of cost to Skoda if they have purchased with a certain MOQ of dongle from them. Now the contract wouldn't have been renewed and new provider is Airtel but they can't update the app. So they would have ended up with new app. Hope this time it is developed in house. This is very common in the digital journey of traditional OEMs who are hardware centric. Only those who understands the importance of software will get the strategy correct.

Having said that, do you know how long this connected service is for us free of cost? Is it one year or four years (Skoda's favorite number) or perpetual (unlikely)?
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2022, 09:40   #2983
Senior - BHPian

Managed to do 1000 km in a full tank on my 1.0 AT

My daily commute is 60% expressway and 40% city traffic.

I generally get 850-900 km in every tank full. This time, around 700 km mark, when I saw the range at 250 km, I thought, another 50 km is no biggie.

And there, I managed it. And it didnt take feather touch driving to do it.

My normal driving is, cruising at 80 kph at 1500 rpm in sixth gear. Let the AT change gears before 2000 rpm. The engine easily lets me reach 100kph, without ever crossing 2000rpm.

Sharing all this, to let fellow bhpians know that 20 kpl is easily doable, in real world.

Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-20221123_083819.jpg  

ashutoshb is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 24th November 2022, 11:43   #2984
BHPian

Greetings fellow Bhpians,

Yesterday on my way back home from South Extension, I got stuck in a long traffic jam near Lodhi Garden, post which I did not observe anything unusual. However, after 10 min or so cruise on Delhi Merrut Expressway, I started to observe a lot of vibrations coming in the car at lower RPM. Even after reaching home, the car was not going on the Idle RPM which is 800rpm. Rather it was hovering between 900-1200 rpm constantly. Started the car this morning, and did not observe the vibrations which were present yesterday. The odometer on the car is at 28850 Kms and the last service was done at the ODO reading of 14754(approx). should I be worried about the same?
This is the first time I have felt these vibrations inside the cabin so much.
Old 24th November 2022, 19:36   #2985
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrAgile View Post
I have also had a similar observation. It takes a while to getting used to. Infact, there are quite a few differences like the seating position, the height of the dashboard, etc. coming from Asian manufacturers
I had a chance to drive the Kushaq for a good half hour earlier in the day today. Was mostly stop-go traffic and at the end of which I experienced slight pain in the area between my ankle and shin. Again! The brake pedal seems somewhat higher than what I'm comfortable with. I tried pushing the seat behind, but did not much left to drive from that point.

I'm told I'll get used to this after driving for a while, but it bothers me because in my quest to relive my left leg of having to continuously work on the clutch, I don't want to end up with a sore right ankle
pannags is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks