Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th September 2021, 13:48   #1471
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

My sister booked the Skoda Kushaq 1.0 lit Ambition trim, and did ask Skoda about the EPC failures which are reported.
SA said that they are aware of this, and it is because of a fuel pump issue, and they are working on this in the background.
The SA also promised that when they deliver the car to my sister, they will make sure that the fuel pump is replaced before delivery.
Old 14th September 2021, 14:15   #1472
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post
My sister booked the Skoda Kushaq 1.0 lit Ambition trim, and did ask Skoda about the EPC failures which are reported.
SA said that they are aware of this, and it is because of a fuel pump issue, and they are working on this in the background.
The SA also promised that when they deliver the car to my sister, they will make sure that the fuel pump is replaced before delivery.
Has the service center received instructions from Skoda to replace fuel pump for a new dispatches from factory?

On what basis is the service center going to a claim replacement cost? warranty claim or PDI failure? Fuel pump isn’t free. Service center will not absorb any cost.

Car come with all checks done at factory and the PDI will be done at service center. If PDI comes clean then why replace fuel pump?

Please do ask for a proof of fuel pump replacement and keep it for further records.

For the moment unless there are instructions from Skoda to change fuel pump for new dispatches, the sales advisor in your case. is just bluffing off.
CircleOfLife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 16:47   #1473
Senior - BHPian

Confirmed: Škoda Kushaq gets front pyrotechnic seatbelt pretensioners.
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20210914-4.39.12-pm.jpeg

Last edited by ron178 : 14th September 2021 at 16:48.
ron178 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 21:44   #1474
BHPian

Congratulations Karan for your new acquisition. It is a brilliant vehicle. Being a Seltos GTX+DCT owner, I thought you would pick up 1.5 TSI only Howz the riding and handling compared to your Seltos?
Salnv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th September 2021, 21:49   #1475
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhishek_Nikam View Post
they will make sure that the fuel pump is replaced before delivery.
It is surprising to know that they replace the fuel pump/sensor before delivery ( before experiencing the problem ) Are they doing it for all vehicles? Does it mean that Skoda recalled this part already by confirming the issue?
Salnv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 13:15   #1476
BHPian

So, it is a fuel pump issue, and official communication is coming soon.
Attached Images

maverickNerd is offline   (22) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 13:38   #1477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
So, it is a fuel pump issue, and official communication is coming soon.
Kudos to Zac for being vocal and accepting the faulty fuel pump. But I love how he shared the blame on fuel quality as well. So was Kushaq tested only with "Premium" fuel.

I just hope VW's Ashish Gupta doesn't come up with "Premium fuel for premium car for premium feel"
RD150 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 16:02   #1478
BHPian

Zac is now replying to everyone, and sharing more insights, below pics are collected from other's mails.

Hoping to get a call soon from service center regarding this, will share more updates.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-mail_3.png  

Attached Images

Last edited by maverickNerd : 15th September 2021 at 16:03. Reason: Add more details
maverickNerd is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 18:05   #1479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Has the service center received instructions from Skoda to replace fuel pump for a new dispatches from factory?

On what basis is the service center going to a claim replacement cost? warranty claim or PDI failure? Fuel pump isn’t free. Service center will not absorb any cost.

Car come with all checks done at factory and the PDI will be done at service center. If PDI comes clean then why replace fuel pump?

Please do ask for a proof of fuel pump replacement and keep it for further records.

For the moment unless there are instructions from Skoda to change fuel pump for new dispatches, the sales advisor in your case. is just bluffing off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
It is surprising to know that they replace the fuel pump/sensor before delivery ( before experiencing the problem ) Are they doing it for all vehicles? Does it mean that Skoda recalled this part already by confirming the issue?

Yes, there is a silent campaign going on and they are proactively calling customers to change the fuel pump.
My brother in law was told, that when the car arrives, they will themselves replace the fuel pump, at no extra cost under warranty and then deliver the car to us.
So irrespective if you face the issue or not, the fuel pump will be replaced.
Abhishek_Nikam is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 18:50   #1480
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RD150 View Post
Kudos to Zac for being vocal and accepting the faulty fuel pump. But I love how he shared the blame on fuel quality as well. So was Kushaq tested only with "Premium" fuel.

I just hope VW's Ashish Gupta doesn't come up with "Premium fuel for premium car for premium feel"
So they managed to test kushaq and taigun only on premium fuel for lakhs of KMS. Test set up would have been different and could have enabled drivers and engineers to continue on road testing by clearing errors.

With 91RON petrol car has ended up with the fuel pump issues, once ethanol blend is increased then will these pumps and hitech engine be still reliable?

Fuel pump failure is not a new issue with Volkswagen group. Concerning to see, how this has resurfaced multiple times in the past decade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Zac is now replying to everyone, and sharing more insights, below pics are collected from other's mails.

Hoping to get a call soon from service center regarding this, will share more updates.
Thank you for sharing. Hope fuel pump replacement resolves the EPC issue. If the cars again end up getting stalled on road, there would be more heat, hue and cry.

In Vento 1.2 TSI never faced issue with fuel. Never stalled.

Vento 1.6 TDI was one of the best vehicles to drive in the price bracket. It did stall once. Luckily just 500 meters from house. Not a good feeling. Blame was put on fuel quality.

Have refilled from reliable IOCL COCO pump for years.

Last edited by CircleOfLife : 15th September 2021 at 19:16.
Old 15th September 2021, 19:40   #1481
BHPian

Im not a Kushaq owner but I am currently considering it for my needs. One thing that has deeply impressed me is that Mr. Zac Hollis replies to emails. I am yet to see somebody as friendly and as customer friendly as him. I had sent him 2 emails and he replied to both and that has impressed me and given me more comfort regarding purchasing a Skoda. Mind you having used only Honda and Toyota till now I was a bit averse but I have realised Toyota dealers treating even Lexus customers as if they own a 5 lac Toyota and there is no premium experience. Even after complaining there is no improvement, and the same goes for Honda who's mechanics cannot solve a irritating problem I have developed on my car. So my next car is not going to be a Honda or a Toyota but definitely Skoda is in the top consideration, I think we should all appreciate Skoda trying to change and the Kushaq may have cost cutting but will definitely be more safer than the Creta and Seltos for sure. I hope people in India realise that herd mentality needs to go and their lives are important and they should not settle for tin can build from Maruti, Kia and Hyundai.
M00M is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 19:48   #1482
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
Im not a Kushaq owner but I am currently considering it for my needs. One thing that has deeply impressed me is that Mr. Zac Hollis replies to emails. I am yet to see somebody as friendly and as customer friendly as him. I had sent him 2 emails and he replied to both and that has impressed me and given me more comfort regarding purchasing a Skoda.
While it is a plus point, but please dont consider that as a strong reason to finalize on any car. Zac would reply as long as he is here in his current position. If he decides to return to headquarters and is no longer responsible for the Indian operations of Skoda, then what would be the consequence? While I appreciate his customer centric nature, I think before his tenure here gets over, he should also make the rest of the company more customer centric and also be approachable by customers. That would really make a difference and even though there might be issues, there would be more than one Zac Hollis to reach out to and get a speedy resolution.
audioholic is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 19:54   #1483
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
While it is a plus point, but please dont consider that as a strong reason to finalize on any car. Zac would reply as long as he is here in his current position.
I agree with you, but when one person brings energy on the table it is infectious and spreads to the others. I hope he can do that before he moves on professionally. Having used Honda / Toyota / Hyundai / Fiat in the past 20 plus years I will tell you that they're not as reliable as they seem and their CEO / Senior Staff never reply to our emails. I have complained to Toyota for Lexus but there's no difference. So one guy replying here back, is atleast a big plus and that for me is very important. If the Kushaq meets my requirements then I am sold.
M00M is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 20:20   #1484
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by M00M View Post
I agree with you, but when one person brings energy on the table it is infectious and spreads to the others.
There are both sides to the current situation.

While you are absolutely right about Zac, it also brings to light that Skoda customer service is heavily dependant on him forcing the network to act. You can see many such cases on twitter where the dealership/Skoda call center could have provided a solution to the customer - but they didn't do much till Zac came in the loop.

Now will the machinery work in a well-oiled fashion if Zac moves out? Remains to be seen. That said - as long as he is there, he is truly running a tight ships and I personally do like going through his updates.

PS: We should say Zac's office rather - we can be very sure it is not him sitting and replying to everyone on the internet.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 15th September 2021, 20:22   #1485
BHPian

Skoda is finally introducing 6 airbags and TPMS in the top spec Style AT variants. While this was a long overdue move, I can't help but think that the initial lot of buyers will feel cheated.

https://twitter.com/hormazdsorabjee/...52055600914432
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20210915-202121.jpg  

rahulcmoulee is offline   (18) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks