Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th September 2021, 12:20   #1531

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Hey guys,

Is there a way to add aftermarket insulation under the hood for kushaq ?
Old 18th September 2021, 13:39   #1532
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I used to get consistent FE of around 19kmpl. Today drove back to Bangalore, I no real difference in terms of mileage or pickup and one being replaced with is again Made in Slovakia, so all those rumours of made in India fuel pump is put to rest.
Hey, thanks for sharing. By mileage, I meant the ODO reading in your car before the pump replacement. Since your car is a 1.5 TSI, which is an imported unit, the fuel pump might have been an imported one. But am unusre of the origin of the fuel pump for 1.0 TSI variants.
Old 18th September 2021, 14:52   #1533
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
This is where we as customers lack maturity in mindset. What is the need to feel cheated?

Without any specific of these 6 airbags and tpms being added in exiting style without a price increase or any new variant is being carved out isn’t clear. Also doesn’t look it is coming before January-22. That is already good 6 months from product launch.
Zac has mentioned about the price increase for the new variants equipped with TPMS and 6 airbags in the coming week.

I do agree with you that people who bought the vehicle they invested for the available specifications only but a person who is putting 20L can also add 1L for these safety features if they were on offer. It is not cheating but can be a disappointment from the customer perspective.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot-20210918-5.16.41-pm.png  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 16:39   #1534
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Zac has mentioned about the price increase for the new variants equipped with TPMS and 6 airbags in the coming week.

I do agree with you that people who bought the vehicle they invested for the available specifications only but a person who is putting 20L can also add 1L for these safety features if they were on offer. It is not cheating but can be a disappointment from the customer perspective.
Personally don't think that is how this whole thread went by, right from expectations on the price to the day price was reveled. Highly charged up discussions.

There are psychological barriers on how much will a customer pay for the new product weighs in for the manufacturer. Market sentiment was twins to undercut the leaders. There would have been a lot more noise as the pricing would have surpassed Creta on initial launch.

How in the world did those folks in the meeting signed off final specification sheet with out 6 airbags on top end is beyond my understanding till date. What's done is done. Only way forward is course correction.

How much will be the price increase? Will Skoda charge high premium or plan to stay competitive is to be seen.

It's a human tendency to get bang for the buck. There will be folks who would end up with sentiment of being disappointed or shortchanged, but flip it the other way, will the same customer would have even bought the vehicle or walked into showroom if the price was more than creta and seltos?
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 19:18   #1535
Team-BHP Support

Kushaq 1.5 vs 1.0 automatic comparison -

CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 18th September 2021, 22:20   #1536
BHPian

Here are the details of fuel unit, this is the new one which I am getting now in my vehicle, part number: 2Q0919051L, Country of Orgin: Germany, not sure where it is manufactured though.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-fuel_unit_kushaq.png  

Attached Images

maverickNerd is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 00:24   #1537
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Here are the details of fuel unit, this is the new one which I am getting now in my vehicle, part number: 2Q0919051L, Country of Orgin: Germany, not sure where it is manufactured though.
My dealership (one of the newer ones) is clueless about the replacement. Should I contact the workshop of a more established dealer ?
Old 19th September 2021, 11:35   #1538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
My dealership (one of the newer ones) is clueless about the replacement. Should I contact the workshop of a more established dealer ?
Yes, check with service center first, they should be aware or send a mail to zac keep your dealer in CC and ask about it. They should give a proper response then, or as zac says, Skoda will give proper coaching to dealership.

Any recommendation for good frameless wipers. I saw multiple threads on team-bhp regarding this, but I am not able to conclude on the one where I can put my money on.

Last edited by Sheel : 19th September 2021 at 11:40. Reason: Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another on the SAME THREAD! Thanks.
maverickNerd is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2021, 16:41   #1539
BHPian

Updated style variant will be available by end of October. Pricing will be available next week.

What a turn around. Competition has only driven the change. There was no sense of urgency earlier. This is why we need more manufacturer to be invest in the market and offer better products.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-fc2b2e152418403a90edaba994054b1e.jpeg  

CircleOfLife is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 12:28   #1540
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salnv View Post
Congratulations Karan for your new acquisition.
It is a brilliant vehicle.
Thanks for your wishes

Quote:
Being a Seltos GTX+DCT owner, I thought you would pick up 1.5 TSI only
Well, the Kushaq will be used for short distance city runs & mostly in bumper to bumper traffic hence buying the 1.5L + DSG combo was not justified so took the practical decision & went with the 1L + Torque Converter Gbox. Also, as you rightly said I already have a DCT in this segment & did not want another one.

Quote:
Howz the riding and handling compared to your Seltos?
The Kushaq surely has better ride quality compared to Seltos. Handling Department, well preliminarily it feels the Seltos might be having a edge here over the Kushaq

Last edited by karan561 : 20th September 2021 at 12:32.
karan561 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 12:29   #1541
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Updated style variant will be available by end of October. Pricing will be available next week.

What a turn around. Competition has only driven the change. There was no sense of urgency earlier. This is why we need more manufacturer to be invest in the market and offer better products.
You are right but a little late for Kushaq I guess. The XUV 7OO already makes Kushaq look way too overpriced. The Astor will most probably add to Skoda's woes. Add to that, if Skoda prices it over and above the existing range for the additional airbags, it will go over 23-24 OTR in the Southern states. Not sure if it will have many takers there.
AnnaRocks is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 14:11   #1542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Any recommendation for good frameless wipers. I saw multiple threads on team-bhp regarding this, but I am not able to conclude on the one where I can put my money on.
I have been using the Bosch Clear Advantage for my Polo since the last 3 months and they have been performing really well. Clean, silent wipes so far.
Avikbrio is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 16:18   #1543
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq bookings cross the 10,000 mark

Skoda has received over 10,000 bookings for the Kushaq since its launch back in June 2021.

Skoda Kushaq Review-koda-kushaq-2.jpg

The Kushaq is available in three variants - Active, Ambition and Style. The carmaker has also confirmed that the top-spec Style AT variants will soon come equipped with 6 airbags and a Tyre Pressure Monitoring System (TPMS).

These features will be available on both 1.0-litre and 1.5-litre versions of the Kushaq for an incremental cost of approximately Rs. 40,000. At present, the 1.0L Style AT costs Rs. 15.80 lakh, while the 1.5L Style DSG is priced at Rs. 17.60 lakh (ex-showroom).

The 1.0-litre, 3-cylinder TSI makes 113 BHP and 178 Nm and the 1.5-litre, 4-cylinder TSI puts out 148 BHP and 250 Nm. While a 6-speed manual transmission is offered as standard, the 1.0L engine gets a 6-speed automatic option. The 1.5L motor comes with a 7-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.

Link to Team-BHP News

Last edited by TusharK : 20th September 2021 at 16:22.
TusharK is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 20th September 2021, 16:31   #1544
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avikbrio View Post
I have been using the Bosch Clear Advantage for my Polo since the last 3 months and they have been performing really well. Clean, silent wipes so far.
Is the size of wipers equal in Polo and Kushaq? do you have link from where you bought? I heard that quality of Bosch wipers is no longer good, atleast same is told by many in this forum, not sure if it improved in current iteration or not.
Old 20th September 2021, 16:35   #1545
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq bookings cross the 10,000 mark

40K is a reasonable premium for 6 airbags and TPMS. It is a delicate balancing act - if the premium is too much, there may be no takers for the new variants, if it is too less, the existing buyers of the top end variants will feel short-changed.
84.monsoon is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks