Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2021, 09:26   #1441
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Has Kushaq peaked in terms of sales/dispatches ? Does contribute to Skoda's growth of 282% (Y-O-Y)

Skoda Kushaq Review-1.jpg

Source:Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 09:49   #1442
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
Has Kushaq peaked in terms of sales/dispatches ? Does contribute to Skoda's growth of 282% (Y-O-Y)

Attachment 2202757

Source:Auto Punditz
Going off-topic here.

Is the new Octavia officially a flop? The older Superb selling more units than the newer but smaller sibling is not a good indication.

3k/month sales for Kushaq is good if they're able to sustain over the months. Assuming there aren't any delivery constraints on Skoda's end, I would say a 4-5k/month sales in the initial months would be better so that it settles down to 3k later.

Been seeing full page ads of the Kushaq regularly on the newspaper. Hope they fix the EPC issue and address it publicly before it impacts customer confidence.

Last edited by ashis89 : 6th September 2021 at 09:51.
Old 6th September 2021, 10:19   #1443
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post

I would think that with 1.5 deliveries beginning in the latter parts of Aug, the peak should be 700-800 units higher than this to be achieved in Sep or the festival season. Counting the supply side constraints affecting manufacturing these days, I would broadly expect Kushaq to settle down at around 3,000-3,500 units a month in sales.

Of course, that's also subject to how far the EPC problem goes and how it's handled. More so since it's affecting the volume generator 1.0 version in most, if not in all, cases.
Old 6th September 2021, 10:24   #1444
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post

Here is one, praises for the CEO - deservedly so - If there wasn't all these breakdowns, this product is a brave move to counter the very strong Korean Twins.
OT but Zac Hollis is sales & marketing head, not CEO.
Guna is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 13:41   #1445
Team-BHP Support

Mod Note : All Skoda Kushaq breakdown posts have been moved to a new thread. All breakdowns are to be discussed in the new thread only.
Aditya is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 15:23   #1446
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ron178 View Post
Can anyone find any form of official communication from Škoda that explicitly states that the front seatbelts get pyrotechnic pretensioners? I can't seem to find it anywhere, not even in the official brochure or in the safety slide in the market launch. I wouldn't normally bother too much but the Polo that was crash-tested by Global NCAP in 2014 didn't have them either and it missed out on scoring the minimum 5-star points for frontal impact (I'm not sure if the lack of pretensioners was related to that but a chest score going from acceptable to good would bump it up to at least 13.00).
It is available in Kushaq. Attaching from owner's manual.
Attached Images

maverickNerd is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 6th September 2021, 15:31   #1447
BHPian

Parents bought a Kushaq. Story in brief, is as follows:

After dad retired, they sold their car and shifted to BLR. And both me & my brother shifted out in quick succession. Rotten luck, I know. With limited travel needs, they managed for 2 years but Ola/Uber was always complicated and increasingly, required tiresome coordination. Outstation trips were difficult. With the pandemic continuing, we decided that it'd be best for them to have a car with a chauffeur.

We checked out the following cars:

Maruti -
  • Brezza - interior space was cramped and of very poor quality. No rear AC vents in any model.
  • XL6 - Ticked all boxes but was quite big for just the 2 of them.
Honda -
  • WRV - Did one test drive and it was kinda okay except that the car now is quite old. I like the looks of the car but interiors are terribly dated. And, nobody at Honda was interested in making a sale. After a few follow ups for a repeat test drive, gave up.
Skoda -
  • Rapid - Solid car, been here for ages, well sorted. But sedan, seating was too low for them and being BLR, GC is always a concern.
  • Kushaq - Parents loved the test drive. Excellent rear space and seating comfort. It had everything they wanted so booked Ambition 1.0 MT. Tornado Red.
Scheduled for delivery on 14th Aug, got delayed and finally delivered on 27th Aug. Overall buying experience was smooth and nothing to complain or gush about.

Drove the car for ~500kms over the weekend and here are my quick observations -

Pros
  • Addictive driving experience - engine is quick and pulls like crazy.
  • Gear shifts are well defined and have short throws.
  • Steering is pleasing to hold and is precise. Stalks and steering controls are nice to use.
  • Music system is excellent (I had not expected it to be this good)
  • Rear seat comfort is one of the best. Acres of legroom, sufficient head room and for the 5th passenger, the transmission tunnel isn't too high.
  • Ride quality is spot on. Sort of firm but pliant.
  • Framed wiper at the rear - Maybe a good thing. All the frame-less ones I have seen (rear only..front ones work fine), tip of the wiper loses contact with the glass in under 6 months.
Cons
  • Power window switches are horrible. Hated using them. The One touch power window on the driver side was iffy. It sometimes went down when I pulled up the switch from a semi open position.
  • The cabin lights and their controls too are of questionable quality. Not at all pleasing to use. Roof liner creaks and gives way everywhere.
  • Engine noise - What's with the engine noise, really?! It is quite a lot and distracting. At times, I couldn't hear the music. Lack of damping + an unrefined motor? Not acceptable. Both my GT and Karoq are so so silent that they seem to purr along at all speeds. This one has a loud, raspy growl.
  • Why the single tone horn? Doesn't sound good. And it is incredibly hard to press. The 1st time around, the chauffeur was trying in every possible way to honk
  • Clutch travel is way too long. Having not been used to an MT for quite a while now, my left leg got a good workout.
Checked with my SA if he had any updates on the EPC issue. He says there aren't any complaints logged in BLR. Well, let us see.
cpabhijit is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 12:12   #1448

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
It is available in Kushaq. Attaching from owner's manual.

Hi Maverick,

Could you share the PDF of the owners manual if possible?
Old 8th September 2021, 12:36   #1449
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas794 View Post
Hi Maverick,

Can be downloaded from Skoda India website -

https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/owners-manuals
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 12:39   #1450
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas794 View Post

https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/owners-manuals

You can get it on the above link
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 17:20   #1451
BANNED

Have test drove Kushaq MT top end version and below are my experience:

Pros:
1) Driving dynamics are excellent. The car feel planted and makes you feel confident.
2) Fantastic noise reduction. You've to look at the RPM to check whether engine is running
3) Great level of comfort and absorbs jerks/potholes very softly
4) Good deal of luggage space for a 5 seater though lesser than Seltos & Creta but can take trade-off for safety & comfort
5) Get 1 year or 10,000km for the first service which shows higher predictability of the parts but to be seen in real life though.

Cons:
1) Gear shifting is stiff and you've to position the shifting just exactly to the slot
2) After sales service. Adding 100+ more by Dec'21 wont match the need of customers in tier2, 3 towns
3) Latest engine failure issues are scary
4) AT variant prices are higher than competitors and not value for money

My status: Dropped Kushaq plan and waiting for XUV700 to open up booking
Wheels is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 21:54   #1452
Distinguished - BHPian

Announcement:

Had booked the Skoda Kushaq 1L A/T Style a few weeks back

Though the car had arrived last month itself but I delayed the delivery due to an sudden unfortunate death of a close family member.

Here are some pictures;

1st Glimpse;

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_3342.jpg

During the PDI;

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_3344.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_3343.jpg

Will finally be taking the delivery tomorrow
karan561 is offline   (31) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 22:02   #1453
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by karan561 View Post
Announcement:

Had booked the Skoda Kushaq 1L A/T Style a few weeks back

Will finally be taking the delivery tomorrow
Hey Karan,

Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you many lacks of happy ownership. Waiting for your detailed ownership review as always. Also is this an addition to your garage or a replacement for the Seltos?
M A D over CARS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2021, 22:09   #1454
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheels View Post
Have test drove Kushaq MT top end version and below are my experience:

Pros:
2) Fantastic noise reduction. You've to look at the RPM to check whether engine is running
This is in comparison with which other vehicles ? which car did you have in mind as the reference, which led to this takeaway ?

I am asking only because,

This is exactly the point where many others who have posted on this thread, have given the polar opposite feedback - that noise insulation is very poor, and not commensurate with brand 'Skoda' or what is expected from a vehicle in this price category.
Old 8th September 2021, 22:17   #1455
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by M A D over CARS View Post
Hey Karan,

Congratulations on your new car. Wishing you many lacks of happy ownership.
Thanks

Quote:
Also is this an addition to your garage or a replacement for the Seltos?
This is a replacement for my Ford Ecosport A/T.
karan561 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks