Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th October 2021, 15:19   #1666
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Seeing quite a lot of Kushaq’ these days in Bangalore. Comparatively seen only 1 Taigun till now.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th October 2021 at 05:02. Reason: Typos
Old 24th October 2021, 16:16   #1667
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Seeing quite a lot of Kushaqs these days in Bangalore. Comparatively seen only 1 Taigun till now.
Kushaq deliveries started in mid-July itself, whereas Taigun deliveries just started in the last week of September.

Last edited by Aditya : 25th October 2021 at 05:02. Reason: Typos in quoted text
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 11:32   #1668
BHPian

Anyone has any information on when Kushaq Monte Carlo / Sportline variant will be launched?

Assuming the time it took them to launch two cars over 2 years (since 2020 Auto Expo), I am not too hopeful.

Still, given that I am looking at either of Hector or Astor, Kushaq may still have a chance if its sporty variants are launched (something like Karoq Sportline or Kamiq Monte Carlo).
Old 25th October 2021, 11:39   #1669
BHPian

A generic query regarding RSA and not specific to Kushaq. Skoda doesn't have service coverage on par with the competition and hence in case of a breakdown of Skoda car, RSA has to come from the nearest service center only(even if it several kilometers) or do they have other tie-up?
Also, can taking an insurance with RSA help in such case?
Old 25th October 2021, 12:14   #1670
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Seeing quite a lot of Kushaq’ these days in Bangalore. Comparatively seen only 1 Taigun till now.
Taigun actually looks like a sedan from front and lacks the boldness expected from SUV. This is my personal view on preferring Kushaq over Taigun

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
A generic query regarding RSA and not specific to Kushaq. Skoda doesn't have service coverage on par with the competition and hence in case of a breakdown of Skoda car, RSA has to come from the nearest service center only(even if it several kilometers) or do they have other tie-up?
Skoda has been in India for past two decades and I have been it's customer for last 11 years, never required to use RSA.

Last edited by Vid6639 : 25th October 2021 at 12:24. Reason: Merging back to back posts. please use edit option when replying.
kapursaket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 12:27   #1671
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
Skoda has been in India for past two decades and I have been it's customer for last 11 years, never required to use RSA.
I don't think this answers the question. RSA is not for regular use but for when you meet with an accident or a breakdown.

If you read the Kushaq thread you will see RSA has been used more for the Kushaq than any other Skoda till now and perhaps more than all brands as well.

End of the day it's important to have good RSA network.

You can see here how the VW RSA was nowhere as prompt and efficient as the one from Tata:

https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/stree...ree-spins.html (My Polo TSI got badly rear-ended by a Tata Safari (two 360-degree spins))

I don't think the above member expected to use RSA so soon.
Vid6639 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 13:41   #1672
Senior - BHPian

Those FE numbers in range of 19-20kmpl are terrific for a turbo-charged petrol engine specially as they are hauling solidly built heavy cars. Kudos to Skoda/VW.

BTW can the owners please share the city(mumbai/bangalore kind b2b traffic) FE numbers of this 1.0 TSI?

P.S: In my Jazz CVT I see such numbers only on butter smooth 4-6 lane TN highways, while driving at sedate 80-100kmph. In city I barely manage 11-12kmpl. It weighs 1066 kgs only.

Last edited by SoumenD : 25th October 2021 at 13:43.
SoumenD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:00   #1673
BHPian

I just found out Kushaq's steering wheel design almost resemble that of Nissan Ariya EV.

Skoda Kushaq
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...gin6883355.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-29origin6883355.jpg

Nissa Ariya EV
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/attac...ariya20005.jpg
Skoda Kushaq Review-nissanariya20005.jpg
jeganatu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 15:02   #1674
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by skarthiksr View Post
As per the website, there seems to be a 20kms limit from the service stations - but I guess Skoda has been known to provide goodwill coverage, at least during these initial issues.

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20211025123610_chrome.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 16:16   #1675
BHPian

For buyers who did not opt for the 4 year maintenance package at the time of purchase - Skoda is now offering the current promo deal of 15999 for 4 year maintenance to existing users as well.

If it lives upto the promise , must say it's real VFM compared to the approx 10K I used to spend for each Polo GT service.
JishD is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 16:45   #1676
BHPian

Just yesterday i paid 19.5k for my Kodiaq's scheduled second service. For my Octavia i did get the maintenance package while buying it but it didn't feel like there was any savings getting it before so opted not to with the Kodiaq. But 16k for 4 year maintenance sounds an discounted offer and a must grab.
AnandB is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 20:41   #1677
BANNED

Its a pleasure to drive Kushaq on both mantle and 'Kuccha' roads of North Indian countryside. The width is enough to pass through narrow roads flanked by well bread trees abutting agricultural fields. Kushaq is well planted on the road and remains unaffected by the heavy vehicles crossing by the side.
kapursaket is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2021, 22:33   #1678
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
Taigun actually looks like a sedan from front and lacks the boldness expected from SUV. This is my personal view on preferring Kushaq over Taigun.
I have seen just one Taigun on the road so far. I thought it’s a sedan.

I have been following the Kushaq and Taigun thread regularly, and thinking whether it’s a worthy upgrade from my current Vento 1.2 TSI. The 1.0 litre version is smaller engine than current, and only three cylinders. Power and torque is similar though. Physically, from a sedan POV it’s not that much larger.

Having driven a German car (VW) for many years, I don’t want to switch to Asian. However the quality compromises being mentioned regularly is a concern for me.
Old 26th October 2021, 09:03   #1679
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
For buyers who did not opt for the 4 year maintenance package at the time of purchase - Skoda is now offering the current promo deal of 15999 for 4 year maintenance to existing users as well.

If it lives upto the promise , must say it's real VFM compared to the approx 10K I used to spend for each Polo GT service.
Is this official? If yes, could you guiide me to where it is mentioned? Cos the website still says 25999. I'm yet to buy a maintenance package.
Old 26th October 2021, 09:42   #1680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_ro View Post
Is this official? If yes, could you guiide me to where it is mentioned? Cos the website still says 25999. I'm yet to buy a maintenance package.
I just got a call from my dealer (Ring road skoda Gurgaon) to sign up for it . Please contact your local dealer - I have confirmed that this offer is directly from Skoda for the official basic maintenance package.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks