Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2021, 22:02   #1756
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAA View Post
Hi all this is my first post on the forum. I am looking at either of the VAG twins in the 1.5 MT. I test drove both and there is no real difference. I am torn between the additional features the kushaq offers versus the taigun for a small premium. Question for people who bought the kushaq - is there really a material difference between the two cars and is it worth going for the the taigun for the perceived better quality of VW service versus the better features the kushaq offers. Any help will be great.
Biggest decision point for me was 6 airbags in Taigun 1.5GT, hence went for Taigun; in your case Kushaq offers 6 airbags for MT.

Interior, stitching quality, and plastics suck for both the cars, but the engine, power will make you proud everytime you push the pedal

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 13th November 2021 at 23:47. Reason: peddle > pedal.
vinitbarve is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 08:30   #1757
BHPian

Someone had asked for real world size comparison of Kushaq with competitors, including Tata Nexon, which is a segment lower. This chart is the best I could come up with: not real world, just desktop research. Most people are more familiar with feet-inches, so I have compared the diference in inches.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-cars.jpg  

Guite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 09:32   #1758
Distinguished - BHPian

^ in terms of size you gain 1% for about 4L additional money against Nexon but then you would be wondering who would pay ~16L for a Nexon. Makes me wonder which car is over priced now.
Kosfactor is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 10:08   #1759
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kosfactor View Post
^ in terms of size you gain 1% for about 4L additional money against Nexon but then you would be wondering who would pay ~16L for a Nexon. Makes me wonder which car is over priced now.
If we are directly comparing both Nexon and Kushaw on basis of dimensions, Nexon definitely is more value for money.

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20211114100355_samsung-internet.jpg

6 lakhs more is a lot for equivalent version of the kushaq (1.0 tsi top end MT). Nexon has equally good engine and a smooth 6 speed gear box.

The question is whether the buyer is ready to shell out 6 lakhs for

1. Better looks
2. Better brand image
3. Better fit and finish (supposedly)
4. Exclusivity
5. 6 airbags

I know a lot of them who would not mind spending more for the looks factor alone.

In my opinion, it's unfair to compare the much more fuel efficient 1.5 diesel nexon with the 1.0 tsi kushaq. Even then there is a 2.5 lakhs difference. Compare 1.5 tsi, the difference gets bigger.

If size is a major point of consideration, I guess nothing beats the base XUV700 petrol.

Last edited by PrasannaDhana : 14th November 2021 at 10:12.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (14) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 11:40   #1760
BHPian

I find this cross segment comparison a bit odd. I had included in my chart only because someone had mentioned, not because I felt it is a fair comparison. It is like comparing i20 with i10. Both have same engine. I10 is shorter but taller. It cost about 1.5 lakh less. I20 is 5% longer but 15% more expensive. So i10 is better value for money! I don't subscribe to the logic, just comparing for the sake of it.
Guite is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 12:09   #1761
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I don't subscribe to the logic, just comparing for the sake of it.
Surprising, as the discussion started with your chart of comparison of the said cars.

Agreed, that comparison is stupid. But it's a buyer's market and who knows ?! There have been people who started out to buy a B segment hatchback, ended up buying a D1 segment SUV.
PrasannaDhana is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 13:05   #1762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I find this cross segment comparison a bit odd.
Not really, I did this while buying my car. Especially when all you have is what you need in a car, and not the segment. I haven't seen anyone who sets their requirements like I need C2 segment car. Some people (like me) don't even set requirements like sedan/SUV thing.

Most of the CSUVs like Nexon/Venue-Sonet/XUV300 etc are very sorted cars with 90% of the features available in the next segment. Added, they also have cost advantage. So they are the obvious comparison for Creta/Seltos and Kushaq for many.

In real usage, the added 30cm length is negligible. And useless for people like me whose cars usually see only 2 pax. So, next segment should make up with power or other features to convince me to shell out my money. Else it looks overpriced due to tax structure (even with company's aggressive pricing). It could also be a reason why Tata skipped the segment and jumped directly to Harrier/Safari.

If you want to sell your car, you should make it stand out in current 10L+ SUV market. Your strategy is up to you. Hyundai/Kia/Tata/Mahindra do it with lots of extra features, Suzuki by cost, and our Škoda is trying to use brand value.
prajwalmr62 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 17:54   #1763
BHPian

Below is a more comprehensive chart on sizes. Based on size alone, nobody should be buying the Kushaq- Taigun twins . It's a pity that parameters like build quality, safety, driving dynamics, etc cannot be quantified into a chart like this. Having owned and driven a VW for the last five years, and Asian car prior to that, I want to stick to European cars. Too bad Fiat has gone packing. I blame Maruti Suzuki for spoiling the market with lightweight tin cans.

Second chart is power - torque comparison. People may wonder why I have put 1.2 TSI in this comparison. For me that's the starting point, a benchmark, because it is something which I have driven extensively. I am surprised the smaller 1.0 TSI is a tad more powerful than the 1.2 TSI. I wonder what the noise and vibration characteristics is like on the 1.0 TSI.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-011.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-02.jpg  

Guite is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th November 2021, 18:35   #1764
BHPian

Re: Kushaq review from a City owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rideon74 View Post
Just an extra point I'd like to add is regarding the rear headroom height. My son, who's around 6ft.1in. couldn't sit at the back without having to slouch. This point worked against the brilliant 5th gen City for us. We went ahead with the Kushaq Style 1.0L MT variant instead.
Yes, the headroom is not sufficient for people who are about 6 feet tall. Even if I (5'10') adjust the driver's seat to the highest position, my hair start brushing against the roof lining. Luckily I like to set it at the lowest position and I am the tallest in my immediate family.
AutoConsultant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 08:53   #1765
BHPian

Re: Kushaq review from a City owner

Steering Wheel and Fog Lamps
The two-spook Skoda steering wheel felt a little small and light on the hand. Lacks the chunk of City’s wheel. The music and cruise control buttons are also a bit small although you can control volume using the chrome knob (City’s knob can only be used to operate the digital instrument cluster). Also, Skoda has given halogen bulbs for fog lights which ruins the front lighting as it does not go well with the white projector headlights. Love the all-white front lighting set up in the City.

Attachment 2231906

[/quote]

To add on:
A point for the Honda City is the instrument cluster. Looks modern and updated.
The wireless Android Auto /Car play would be another for the Kushaq.
mnram is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 12:10   #1766
BHPian

Hello all,

Can someone tell me how does a naked eye differentiates between 1.0TSI Style AT and 1.5 DSG Style AT. I had seen both but could not locate the engine badging anywhere. In VW, the Taigun has the GT variant clearly indicating what is under the hood.
Old 15th November 2021, 13:45   #1767
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddyhere View Post
Hello all,

Can someone tell me how does a naked eye differentiates between 1.0TSI Style AT and 1.5 DSG Style AT. I had seen both but could not locate the engine badging anywhere. In VW, the Taigun has the GT variant clearly indicating what is under the hood.
I think from exteriors it’s hard to identify, but when your observe the interiors there is a auto start stop button beside driver ventilated seat button in 1.5l and it’s blank for 1.0l.

I may be wrong here but if my memory serves me right, that’s how it is.
EmpyreanKnight is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th November 2021, 13:55   #1768
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreddyhere View Post
Hello all,

No way to tell without lifting the hood and seeing the engine. Unfortunately.
Old 15th November 2021, 14:13   #1769
BHPian

Hey folks, I have only recently bought the Kushaq. It has run only 300 km until now. When is my first service due? I am somehow not able to find the answer anywhere for this.
Old 15th November 2021, 14:43   #1770
BHPian

Excellent thread.

I loved the way it progressed from initial two cars to more comprehensive list of cars.

It will be very useful to many future buyers.

It will be interesting to know how 1 lit TSI engine produces more power & torque than 1.2 TSI from same family.

And while doing so what was sacrificed?

Anyone can throw light.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks