Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th October 2021, 11:19   #1681
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Seeing quite a lot of Kushaq’ these days in Bangalore. Comparatively seen only 1 Taigun till now.
Looks like Skoda is slowly gaining customer's confidence again, spotted multiple Kushaq on my recent road trip. Hope no nasty surprises in the long term. We need more than just Hyundai/kia in the segments above 10L mark!!!
giri1.8 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th October 2021, 11:49   #1682
BHPian

Skoda is said to be working on a new mid-variant of Kushaq, to be slotted between Active and Ambition variants.
https://www.carwale.com/news/skoda-w...or-kushaq-suv/

Last edited by Oomph11 : 26th October 2021 at 11:52.
Oomph11 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th October 2021, 14:46   #1683
Distinguished - BHPian

CEO Herbert_Diess tested the Skoda Kushaq which is made in India for India on the global MQB platform.

Name:  FCjZEcPXoAQBAGY.png
Views: 990
Size:  495.1 KB

lINK
volkman10 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 01:21   #1684
BHPian

Kushaq seems loosing steam in sales. Recent visit to dealership, asked some senior folks if they have big plans for Diwali deliveries. They acknowledge that sales numbers weren't good enough to justify additional spending on calling a band etc etc. Deliveries are happening but not at a volume that is expected. Is this a one dealer specific issue? Doesn't seems so. Will be interesting to see October & November month sales numbers.
CircleOfLife is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th October 2021, 05:07   #1685
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by CircleOfLife View Post
Kushaq seems loosing steam in sales. Recent visit to dealership, asked some senior folks if they have big plans for Diwali deliveries. They acknowledge that sales numbers weren't good enough to justify additional spending on calling a band etc etc. Deliveries are happening but not at a volume that is expected. Is this a one dealer specific issue? Doesn't seems so. Will be interesting to see October & November month sales numbers.
The observation is apparently correct but not confined to Kushaq alone. Mass market players like Maruti, Hyundai and Tata are also retorting sluggish sales this festival season. Attractively Inviting discounts are also missing, otherwise catalyzing season sales. Unprecedented complex situation, supply constraint confounded with low customer sentiments.
kapursaket is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 18:02   #1686
Senior - BHPian

Brothers, has any one got the specs for the wheels anywhere?

I have looked in the owner's manual and online too, but can't find them anywhere.

I got the Ambition variant, which has the got the 16x6J alloy wheels.

I'm not sure what the PCD is. Is it 100 or 114.3? Also not sure about the offset.
Old 30th October 2021, 18:06   #1687
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashutoshb View Post
Brothers, has any one got the specs for the wheels anywhere?

I have looked in the owner's manual and online too, but can't find them anywhere.

I got the Ambition variant, which has the got the 16x6J alloy wheels.

I'm not sure what the PCD is. Is it 100 or 114.3? Also not sure about the offset.
Wheels are PCD x 100 . Just like Polo/Rapid. No idea of ET.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th October 2021, 19:46   #1688
BHPian

https://twitter.com/Kaalateetham/sta...96110324207620

I thought we had seen the last of Kushaqs dying in the middle of the road. But came across one more incident. Though, no word on if they saw the EPC warning light or if the car had the "robust" fuel pump.
Old 30th October 2021, 19:52   #1689
Distinguished - BHPian

As I was watching a white unregistered Kushaq pass by at low speed I could hear a rattle from the engine , I assume it's from the gearbox as the DSG must be at perhaps 2nd gear at that time. Any Kushaq DSG owners can roll down the window and observe at low speeds to see if they hear such sounds, DQ200 is going to make its presence felt it appears.
Old 31st October 2021, 01:01   #1690
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
I just got a call from my dealer (Ring road skoda Gurgaon) to sign up for it . Please contact your local dealer - I have confirmed that this offer is directly from Skoda for the official basic maintenance package.
Are you sure? I just bought the Kushaq in August (one of the first ones to get it) and my dealer in Delhi charged 24999 for it.
If you're sure then I guess it's time for me to contact Mr. Zac now
I also bought the extended warranty for 24999+gst. Both were paid for at the time of purchase.
Old 31st October 2021, 10:36   #1691
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nimblemaster View Post
Are you sure? I just bought the Kushaq in August (one of the first ones to get it) and my dealer in Delhi charged 24999 for it.
If you're sure then I guess it's time for me to contact Mr. Zac now .
Offer is PAN India and might get more sweeter for November. This has been a good selling point for sales to over come the queries on EPC. I had to spend couple of days in a Skoda showroom for another issue and have experienced how this has worked favourably in their sales pitch.

It’s a VFM option at the current pricing. Covers the basics of service. Across skoda line up there have been times when either extended warranty or SMP was offered for the retail offer of the month instead of cash discount.
Old 31st October 2021, 10:46   #1692
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
If you're sure then I guess it's time for me to contact Mr. Zac now
I also bought the extended warranty for 24999+gst. Both were paid for at the time of purchase.
It is a festive offer and won't be applicable if you have already purchased the maintenance plans.

However, for those who purchased the car without SMP, and those sitting on the fence regarding a Kushaq purchase - now would be a good time to get it.

Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20211031104034_whatsapp.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 15:36   #1693
BHPian

Quote:
Yes I am sure - I have already made the payment for this. Expect to have the documents by Tuesday.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 20:07   #1694
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kapursaket View Post
Uncontroversial interiors of Kushaq Ambition. Wondering how some members here find it inferior?
You seem to be a popular guy around Kushaq owner's club in facebook. That image is from Car blog india that appeared in my google now feed, Google being snoopy is rather old news by now.

Link

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20211031_200211.jpg

I do hear your opinion but Kushaq is perhaps not as well accomplished as you consider it.
Kosfactor is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 31st October 2021, 22:58   #1695
BHPian

With me and 2 other people in tow, I checked out the back seat space in various CSUVs today. Seltos was the best, next was Astor and the German cousins were the worst. Heck, even the backseat of Sonet felt more comfortable for 3 people. Amongst the two German cousins, the three of us felt that Kushaq was a tad better than Taigun.

Had extended test drives of the 1.5 DSG versions of both the Kushaq and Taigun today. The Kushaq drive was an extended one of 40 KMs on the Bangalore Airport highway. The engine is a dream. It's now between the heart & the mind - mind says 1.0 AT, heart says 1.5 DSG.
abhishek_hch is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks