Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 18th October 2022, 14:06   #2881

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Hi Bhpians,

Kushaq 1.5 has 205/55/R17 tyres by default. My tyres have worn out and I am thinking of replacing them. When I mentioned to the dealer that I would want to upgrade my tyre profile to wider ones he said that doing so will cause problems in claiming my warranty later in the future. Is this true? Should I stick to the same profile of tyres as given initially? What brands would you recommend for the original profile of 205/55/R17?
Old 18th October 2022, 23:04   #2882

Kushaq Monte Carlo 1.5 MT 1000km report

Finally I brought home my Kushaq after much deliberation about variant and colour. I went for Monte Carlo 1.5 MT as 1.0 looked underpowered and not very smooth to me as compared to 1.5, fear of DSG failures kept me away from automatic. So far I have covered 1000km mainly city driving with a bit of highway and here are highlights of my experience so far..

What I like

1. Smoothness: everything is so smooth in driving as soon as you hold the steering and press the accelerator, you feel it, the clutch, the suspension and overall driving experience is amazingly smooth.. yes I am impressed by it, may be due to the fact that I have been moving in Duster for 3years..

2. Looks: it looks very sharp and slick to me.. there is a contrast to bold and boxy looking SUVs like Creta which is fresh and pleasing.

3. The linear power delivery of 1.5tdi is so reassuring both in bumper to bumper traffic and when you are overtaking on highways.

4. Solid built and reassuring safety

5. Rear seats have plenty of leg room and overall car feels spacious.

6. Boot is very practical

What is lacking

1. The pricing is very high..If you compare with what others are offering in the same segment.

2. Suspension feels too soft.. not meant for any amount of offloading.

3. The clutch is also very long and needs getting used to

4. Poor ergonomics : almost impossible not to touch AC button while changing gears..Same with seat belt slot and box lid.

5. Mileage is 12.5 with almost 50% highway ride.. I expected better.

6. Till date Skoda connect could not be activated..

Overall the driving experience is very pleasant so far but still Duster remains my go to car..

Attaching some pics.. sunroofs aren't that bad if you have kids and u live in Uttarakhand.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-dsc_6256.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-dsc_6251.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-dsc_6239.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-dsc_6236.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-dsc_6240.jpg  

drrashmisaurabh is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 08:34   #2883
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishal_b View Post
Keeping all this in mind, we decided to go with the 225/50/R17 PS4s.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ridehard View Post
I went with the 215/55 Conti uc6, one of the best decisions ever.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dheer4 View Post
I've gone with the 215/55 Primacy 4 st, the stock tyres are really bad when compared to the Michelin's.
Guys, what is the ongoing update on the 3 different tyres and 3 different tyre sizes? What is/was Skoda Service reactions?

This 205/55/17 is really an orphan size with barely Goodyear, MRF & Ceat in the fray.
itwasntme is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 10:47   #2884
BHPian

Is the 1.5 a bit noisy on the inside? Our brand new Style 1.5 DSG sounds a bit like a diesel engine from the outside. Surely this is not normal? Our Honda City 1.5 is silent as anything with only the occasional AC noise on the outside.
Old 19th October 2022, 11:17   #2885
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Yes they have, it is very difficult to drive in Telangana now a days, every 100-200 m they are having cameras, and the roads are too good to slow down.
So how many times do you get the challan for over speeding?
Old 19th October 2022, 11:58   #2886
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Guys, what is the ongoing update on the 3 different tyres and 3 different tyre sizes? What is/was Skoda Service reactions?

This 205/55/17 is really an orphan size with barely Goodyear, MRF & Ceat in the fray.
I've completed over 9,000 Kms over 5 months and the car has been phenomenal.
I had to recently get the wiper blades replaced under warranty and the claim went really smoothly. Have gotten the wireless charger replaced under warranty as well and again faced no issues for tyre change. I don't think they would notice the tyres unless the suspension or steering rack has to be replaced under warranty and 215/55/17 is such a tyre where it isn't really noticeable unless one goes and checks the tyre size on the tyre itself.
#But again!, Please do your own research, as Skoda Service is highly location dependant and this may vary depending on your relationship with the service centre as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redcruiser View Post
So how many times do you get the challan for over speeding?
Telangana Government has become notorious for issuing challans over the Bangalore highway. I've gotten 2 over speeding challans till now on that highway in the past two months.
dheer4 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2022, 14:11   #2887

Quote:
Originally Posted by StigsIndianCuz View Post
Is the 1.5 a bit noisy on the inside? Our brand new Style 1.5 DSG sounds a bit like a diesel engine from the outside. Surely this is not normal? Our Honda City 1.5 is silent as anything with only the occasional AC noise on the outside.
Not really! My Kushaq 1.5 MT is quite silent. However, note that the Kushaq 1.5 is a turbo charged engine, so don't expect it to be as silent as the Honda city 1.5.
Deepak Ramani is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2022, 22:15   #2888

Hi everyone, happy to report that I have booked Kushaq 1.5 DSG after much deliberation (- will write about it sometime later). I have three questions -

1. The car allotted to me is manufactured in June 2022. Is it ok or should I insist upon a newer car? I am mainly worried if Skoda has made any updates to the car since June. They keep releasing updates to resolve bugs/issues.

2. Can anyone owner confirm if the June-made 1.5 DSG has auto-folding ORVMs?

3. Any changes in the car features since June that I should be aware of? I am aware of the 8-inch touch screen and missing sub-woofer. Anything else?

Thanks in advance!
Old 21st October 2022, 12:57   #2889
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ethanhunt View Post
Hi everyone, happy to report that I have booked Kushaq 1.5 DSG after much deliberation (- will write about it sometime later). I have three questions -

2. Can anyone owner confirm if the June-made 1.5 DSG has auto-folding ORVMs?

Thanks in advance!
I took a test drive last Sunday and the 1.5 DSG that I drove had auto folding ORVMs.
Baddychat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2022, 13:34   #2890
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas794 View Post
Hi Bhpians,

Kushaq 1.5 has 205/55/R17 tyres by default. My tyres have worn out and I am thinking of replacing them. When I mentioned to the dealer that I would want to upgrade my tyre profile to wider ones he said that doing so will cause problems in claiming my warranty later in the future. Is this true? Should I stick to the same profile of tyres as given initially? What brands would you recommend for the original profile of 205/55/R17?
Yes, bearing and suspension related warranty will be void if one is planning to upgrade to other specs than standard. Having said that one doesn`t have good options for tyres in 205/55 r17, all you have is Goodyear, MRF and CEAT which honestly doesn`t appeal that much to sporty 1.5TSI. So, I took the calculated risk and upgraded my shoes to Vredestein ultrac vorti plus 215/55 R17.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 21st October 2022 at 13:38.
Old 21st October 2022, 14:12   #2891

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Yes, bearing and suspension related warranty will be void if one is planning to upgrade to other specs than standard. Having said that one doesn`t have good options for tyres in 205/55 r17, all you have is Goodyear, MRF and CEAT which honestly doesn`t appeal that much to sporty 1.5TSI. So, I took the calculated risk and upgraded my shoes to Vredestein ultrac vorti plus 215/55 R17.
Hi Dragonhawk,

I remember you from your article about your 1.5L Manual Kushaq It was a great article from where you explained the pros/cons of the car in detail. How has your experience been with the car so far? Did you change your tyres because they were worn out or because you wanted to get something better than stock tyres?

The service advisor from Tafe Access Mangalore just contacted me regarding tyres available with them. And he said that Continental UC6 with the original profile (205/55/r17) is available with them. It's either that or I go with Michelin 4ST from an external vendor.

In my case, I have run 20k on the ODO currently, and my front 2 tyres had their sides flattened in spite of me doing the alignment at 5k intervals and lost them both before I hit 15k. Service advisors say its because of bad roads, I am not sure if its true :/
Old 22nd October 2022, 14:39   #2892
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post

One of the best upgrades that I did ever for a car!
Its such a boon to have these on long rides, so much silent compared to stock ones. Slightly better looks and ride quality. Other than these I didn't really notice much difference, probably not nerd enough to notice the differences

Didn't care to check with skoda service, pretty sure they would've said no.
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 00:21   #2893

Hey folks,
I was researching the market for a new car and I am really impressed by Skoda Kushaq. We are mostly going to use it in the city so planning to get a 1.0 Style AT.

I was feeling let down by the downsized screen for the infotainment system, so a couple of the dealers mentioned that they can get me a car with the 10in infotainment screen + the subwoofer. It's not a big deal but I feel the more features, the better the overall experience.
However, I was worried that they may try to sell me an old car from the older lot. But still, I went ahead with the booking for a Honey Orange 1.0 Style AT 6AB for INR 18.7L on road with Gurgaon registration + 6 yr warranty + Std maintenance package. He also mentioned that there is a price increase expected in November (which may be a tactic to get me to book) and they will try to deliver the car within October.

On October 21, the salesperson mentioned that the car is dispatched from the plant and shared with me the VIN for the vehicle. From the VIN, I could deduce that the car was manufactured in May 2022. When I asked the salesperson why it was left unsold for so many months, he mentioned that due to the chip shortage in the market, even though the cars were manufactured they were not fitted with features that needed those chips eg: infotainment systems, ORVMs, etc. And that I shouldn't be worried because they are just going to get the new car directly from the plant.

1. I find it hard to believe that VIN was allocated prior to all parts being available to fully build the vehicle. Could someone share any info on whether this makes sense for Skoda?
2. I have gone through the Team-BHP PDI checklist but I am not sure if I will be able to judge any internal quality issues myself. Should I accept this car which is manufactured ~5 months earlier? Or am I better off asking for the new lot which may have a smaller 8in screen and no subwoofer and probably manually folding ORVMs? OR are there any professional services in NCR that can do a genuine PDI for me?
3. Does the OTR price look good for Gurgaon? I got another offer for 18.6L from another dealer for the same config but they didn't have the preferred color option.

Thank you to everyone who reads this and tries to help.

PS: I just got accepted to this awesome community. If this isn't the right thread for such a query, please let me know and I can delete it and post it in the right thread.
KushaKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 10:48   #2894
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushaKing View Post
Hey folks,
I was researching the market for a new car and I am really impressed by Skoda Kushaq. We are mostly going to use it in the city so planning to get a 1.0 Style AT.

I was feeling let down by the downsized screen for the infotainment system, so a couple of the dealers mentioned that they can get me a car with the 10in infotainment screen + the subwoofer. It's not a big deal but I feel the more features, the better the overall experience.
However, I was worried that they may try to sell me an old car from the older lot. But still, I went ahead with the booking for a Honey Orange 1.0 Style AT 6AB for INR 18.7L on road with Gurgaon registration + 6 yr warranty + Std maintenance package. He also mentioned that there is a price increase expected in November (which may be a tactic to get me to book) and they will try to deliver the car within October.

On October 21, the salesperson mentioned that the car is dispatched from the plant and shared with me the VIN for the vehicle. From the VIN, I could deduce that the car was manufactured in May 2022. When I asked the salesperson why it was left unsold for so many months, he mentioned that due to the chip shortage in the market, even though the cars were manufactured they were not fitted with features that needed those chips eg: infotainment systems, ORVMs, etc. And that I shouldn't be worried because they are just going to get the new car directly from the plant.

1. I find it hard to believe that VIN was allocated prior to all parts being available to fully build the vehicle. Could someone share any info on whether this makes sense for Skoda?
2. I have gone through the Team-BHP PDI checklist but I am not sure if I will be able to judge any internal quality issues myself. Should I accept this car which is manufactured ~5 months earlier? Or am I better off asking for the new lot which may have a smaller 8in screen and no subwoofer and probably manually folding ORVMs? OR are there any professional services in NCR that can do a genuine PDI for me?
3. Does the OTR price look good for Gurgaon? I got another offer for 18.6L from another dealer for the same config but they didn't have the preferred color option.

Thank you to everyone who reads this and tries to help.

PS: I just got accepted to this awesome community. If this isn't the right thread for such a query, please let me know and I can delete it and post it in the right thread.
This decision is a function of risk appetite.

Personally I would not buy a locally assembled VAG car that's been manufactured 5 months prior and not sold.

Had this been a CBU model, it's understandable to have unsold units with older manufacturing date.
GoBlue is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2022, 18:04   #2895

Quote:
Originally Posted by KushaKing View Post
Hey folks,
[/i]
Was in the same situation for 1.5 dsg. May manufactured as per VIN but as per parivahan data it's Sep manufactured. Went ahead and purchased. Not sure if that was the right decision though.

Last edited by Anupkumar : 23rd October 2022 at 18:11.
Anupkumar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks