Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th August 2022, 15:26   #2776
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

One more day one more field campaign from Skoda.

This time Skoda is replacing the fuse for the Infotainment cluster which has the potential to overheat leading to the vehicle being unable to start. I was at the SVC last weekend for the 15000 km service and came to know mine was in the identified batch and the same was replaced. So in a span of 1 year, this is going to be the 6th campaign being carried out in my car. Perks of buying the newly launched car . Nevertheless, will be completing a year of owning this pocket rocket this month, it has been an incredible journey so far with loads of fun and memory to cherish. A detailed write-up on how the journey has held up so far in my thread is on the way.

Skoda Kushaq Review-r.jpg

Replaced the stock pedals with MC`s aluminum pedals, as Tafe had them in stock, and the same was priced around 800 including GST. So people in Bangalore, if you have been envious of getting yourselves sporty pedals for MT, then do rush to Tafe.

Apart from routine service, there was no major issue reported except for the right side window motor which was replaced as one touchdown was sometimes getting stuck. Overall I would say Tafe, Kudlu gate did a good job and since I had SMP, the overall bill came around 2k which included a set of front wiper blades, air filter, and aluminum pedals.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reinhard View Post
I must say your car looks a zillion times better than the stock one. Its a weird choice that SAVW went with, to put chrome everywhere on their new cars (Virtus is a torture to the retina). Great result you have achieved there, nice finish. Thanks for sharing.
Thanks, Reinhard, don`t know about Skoda but during my last weekend visit to SVC, it definitely caught some attention from many folks and whoever is looking to buy Monte Carlo, it might turn them away and might encourage them to take this cost-effective approach of getting Kushaq Monte Carlo albeit without those ugly glossy red inserts.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 8th August 2022 at 15:47.
DragonHawk is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:28   #2777
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
Surprisingly it came out really well, sharing a couple of pics and I will post a few more pics in my ownership thread in the coming days.

Attachment 2342093

Attachment 2342094

This looks amazing DragonHawk.

I’m in the process of de chroming my Taigun. Can you let me know why you chose to paint instead of getting a wrap?

The pro paint approach makes sense for me in the grill area of my car where the chrome is comparatively thin and the wrap won’t hold on to those pieces. But for the larger parts I’m thinking of getting it wrapped.

Have you also painted the window chrome lines?

I’d love to go through the sanding process, materials used if possible in your ownership review.
throttleflick is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 16:53   #2778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by throttleflick View Post

I’m in the process of de chroming my Taigun. Can you let me know why you chose to paint instead of getting a wrap?

The pro paint approach makes sense for me in the grill area of my car where the chrome is comparatively thin and the wrap won’t hold on to those pieces. But for the larger parts I’m thinking of getting it wrapped.

I’d love to go through the sanding process, materials used if possible in your ownership review.
I was actually more interested to replace the stock grill with the one from Kushaq Monte Carlo because you can`t expect to achieve a factory finish from outside shops. But I didn`t get an encouraging response from SVC so had to resort to this approach. As far as wrap goes, from a cost perspective, even though vinyl is cheaper but it is prone to pulling up in places and the final outcome also depends on the skill and quality of wrap involved. Also, you need to be beware of things like car washes and power sprayers if you go this route.
Quote:
No, I have kept it as it is as this will destroy the classy look.

Last edited by DragonHawk : 8th August 2022 at 16:54.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 17:15   #2779
BHPian

Quote:
Surprisingly it came out really well, sharing a couple of pics and I will post a few more pics in my ownership thread in the coming days.
It definitely enhanced the design. Infact, I have the same plan when I was looking to book black Scorpio N. Now, images of your car have been given me more confidence and black with no bling can never go wrong. Thanks for also making it simple for me on the approach and I will too opt for painting the chrome parts in black.
atluri_rkc is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 10th August 2022, 11:26   #2780
BHPian

Quote:
I wasn`t really a great fan of chrome in the car and especially with Kushaq, those thick chrome inserts in the grill were too ugly for my liking. I was in a dilemma on whether to go with wrapping it or get it painted to black. My main concern was the chipping of paint/wrap over a period of time. Finally, based on the discussion with a couple of my friends who are in the detailing business, I decided to dechrome the chrome bits including the Skoda decals and rear chrome panels via painting. Surprisingly it came out really well, sharing a couple of pics and I will post a few more pics in my ownership thread in the coming days.

Attachment 2342093

Attachment 2342094
Absolutely amazing to look at Quite reminiscent of European cars with shadow-line package. A friend of mine in Germany had a 25 years anniversary A7 Sportsback 3.0 BiTDi in fine red colour and all of the trims and the 20 inch wheels were gloss black. It was a sight to behold. Your Kushaq certainly gives off those very vibes
aveoman19 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th August 2022, 19:18   #2781
BHPian

Guys, I have been facing a weird issue in my Kushaq, while driving, sometimes suddenly the backlight in the speedometer & RPM meter gets switched off, however the needle remains backlight.

I have observed this issue very randomly & during entire day except when the main headlight is switched-on.

Has anyone else also faced this issue?
CafeRacer16 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 18:07   #2782

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
Guys, I have been facing a weird issue in my Kushaq, while driving, sometimes suddenly the backlight in the speedometer & RPM meter gets switched off, however the needle remains backlight.

I have observed this issue very randomly & during entire day except when the main headlight is switched-on.

Has anyone else also faced this issue?
I faced this issue and asked SA, he told me the backlit is connected to a sensor and changes according to the sunlight.
So it's not an issue per se, it's just how it is designed.
DocHudson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th August 2022, 18:40   #2783

DIY: Replacing the rear wiper of my Kushaq

The rear wiper of the Kushaq has always bugged me. It is an eyesore and just looks ugly. I have seen cars way cheaper than kushaq with proper frameless wipers.

Ever since I read BHPian @Atharva14's thread on how he replaced the rear wiper of his Taigun with that of a Polo, I have wanted to do the same.
The only thing I was concerned about was that it was not an exact replacement, you would have to do some adjustments to make it work.

I continued my search and found the below video where brezza's wiper is used to replace the wiper of another Taigun and is a direct replacement.
You can also refer this video for the process of how to change the arm of the wiper.

I know it's just aesthetics but I liked the design of polo's rear wiper more than brezza, it just looks more premium. So I went ahead and ordered the arm and blade for polo from amazon.
Link: https://www.amazon.in/AutoClean-Teflon-Coated-Wiper-Volkswagen/dp/B081NQT5XL/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3Q6RZWNOKF627&keywords=polo+rear+w iper&qid=1660308809&sprefix=polo+rear%2Caps%2C233& sr=8-2

I had to go to my local mechanic to get that pulling bearer mentioned in the video.
The tricky part that @Atharva14 mentioned was the size of the blade, it's an inch bigger and gets stuck under the spoiler.
All I did was pushed the lock of the blade a few cms towards right and voila!, the wiper works without any problems whatsoever. I didn't have to use any adhesive, you just press the two beads on the lock of the blade, move towards right and release them and it locks itself.

I apologize as I don't have any photos of the whole process but I will attach the before and after photo.
You can checkout the below link for Taigun's wiper replacement. Thanks to BHPian @Atharva14 for his precise explanation.
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/diy-in...kswagen-taigun
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-20220812_140223.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-20220812_175812.jpg  

DocHudson is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 13th August 2022, 15:55   #2784
BHPian

Greetings Fellas!

Called my Sales Advisor today morning to enquire about availability of Kushaq for a friend. He told me that they have been allocated a fresh batch of 17 Units of Skoda Kushaq Active Peace @ 9.99 Lac ex showroom.

The features are same as my Kushaq Active Peace with additional feature updates i.e new Improved Headliner and TPMS.
(You can visit my Detailed Initial Ownership Review of Kushaq Active Peace to know more about this variant)

The dealership I contacted was Krishna Auto, Patiala, you guys can check with your local Skoda dealerships too.

- Ranvir
Rambo-RS is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 14th August 2022, 21:59   #2785
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Hey Everyone,

We took delivery of our Candy White 1.5 DSG Skoda Kushaq about a month ago and have been truly enjoying the car, especially that sweet TSI+ DSG Combo.

I just wanted to know how fellow Kushaq and Skoda Owners have went about with connecting a dashcam to the car as the 12V port keeps drawing power even with the ignition off. I do not want to go the hardwiring way and mess with the fuse box within the warranty period, for a car with the beautiful yet infamous DSG. Contacted the dealer for a solution regarding the same to which they told the official accessory dashcam (Blaupunkt DVR) is the only way but even that stays powered with the ignition turned off. When questioned about that they were off the opinion that it won't drain much power and can be kept plugged in overnight. I am still apprehensive about the battery being drained by morning.

Considering this will it be safe to keep my current dashcam (Transcend) plugged in even overnight without the danger of a dead battery in the morning as said by the Dealer regarding the Blaupunkt DVR?

The car is primarily driven by either me when at home or my father and both of us can take the plug out before parking it but I am just worried about instances where the car is driven by someone else and they may not always follow this step. Any other solution for this issue is also appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Abhinav
Yes, the 12V in the VAG cars is directly wired to the battery. One option is to have a USB A to C converter and plug it to the phone charging port. If you are worried it won't supply enough power, I have used my GoPro that way a lot when it gets discharged. So, it should be able to power the dashcam as well.

However, I can attest that the dashcam doesn't drain the battery overnight. I have done it couple of times mainly when I park in new locations, mostly while traveling. Dont need to keep it ON if the car is parked in my apartment since it's underground. Obviously can't comment on what happens if you leave the car unused for a couple of days.

Last edited by amey027 : 14th August 2022 at 22:04.
amey027 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 15:35   #2786
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post

The rear wiper of the Kushaq has always bugged me. It is an eyesore and just looks ugly. I have seen cars way cheaper than kushaq with proper frameless wipers.

[/url]
Did you change front wipers to frameless as well, I want to know what size to order for them, and what do I need? just a blade like bosch here:

https://www.amazon.in/Bosch-33970065...=Bajaj%3ABlade

or arm as well?
Old 16th August 2022, 19:55   #2787

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Did you change front wipers to frameless as well, I want to know what size to order for them, and what do I need? just a blade like bosch here:

https://www.amazon.in/Bosch-33970065...=Bajaj%3ABlade

or arm as well?
I haven't changed the front wipers yet since they are not too much visible, will change once the existing wipers start to age.
The size of the front wipers is 24" and 18" and I believe you just need the blades and replace the existing ones, it's plug and play.
You can refer the below link as well
https://www.team-bhp.com/news/instal...kswagen-taigun
DocHudson is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 20:21   #2788
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post

The rear wiper of the Kushaq has always bugged me. It is an eyesore and just looks ugly.
Ever since I read BHPian @Atharva14's thread on how he replaced the rear wiper of his Taigun with that of a Polo...
That is a clean fit! Also, I purchased another wiper blade and tried removing the clip without actually damaging it. It worked for me too! Glad my thread helped you, thanks mate!
Atharva14 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 22:22   #2789
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
I just wanted to know how fellow Kushaq and Skoda Owners have went about with connecting a dashcam to the car as the 12V port keeps drawing power even with the ignition off. I do not want to go the hardwiring way and mess with the fuse box within the warranty period, for a car with the beautiful yet infamous DSG. Contacted the dealer for a solution regarding the same to which they told the official accessory dashcam (Blaupunkt DVR) is the only way but even that stays powered with the ignition turned off.
This is what I have done. Get a USB-A to USB-C adapter and plug it in one of the phone charging ports. Have checked many times and the dashcam switches off with the ignition powering off. No worries of battery drain at all.

PS: I'm using the DDPAI Mini2P dashcam.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20220723_192941.jpg  

nkapoor777 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th August 2022, 23:22   #2790
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo-RS View Post
Greetings Fellas!

Called my Sales Advisor today morning to enquire about availability of Kushaq for a friend. He told me that they have been allocated a fresh batch of 17 Units of Skoda Kushaq Active Peace @ 9.99 Lac ex showroom.
The Chennai dealer knows nothing about the return of the Active Peace. They just kept saying that variant had come in limited supply 3 months ago and was quickly sold out. When I mentioned other delarships have started to receive another lot of hese, he flatly denied this and instead, tried to push the Active variant.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks