Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th June 2022, 09:15   #2671
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHudson View Post
I opted for RSA and sent the car to the agency.
Is RSA included or is it additional? Will be getting my Virtus in a few days. Was told RSA is not included in the price.
Old 24th June 2022, 11:04   #2672

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaushiksudra View Post
Is RSA included or is it additional? Will be getting my Virtus in a few days. Was told RSA is not included in the price.
I believe the RSA comes with the service package we get for 4 years. I paid 15k for the service package which includes free service for the 1st 4 years and RSA. I'm guessing Virtus should be having something like this just confirm with your SA.
And congratulations for your new car!
DocHudson is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 16:38   #2673
BHPian

So I'm in the middle of Spiti valley when coolant low indicator shoots up. Not even God can help me find either of the 2 recommended options: G12 evo coolant or distilled water in my existing location. I did get Castrol Radicool which has similar specifications and claims to be equivalent to G12. The question is should I top up directly or drain the existing coolant. For the latter option, where the hell is the drain plug? The manual doesn't mention anything on draining coolant
Old 24th June 2022, 17:42   #2674
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
So I'm in the middle of Spiti valley when coolant low indicator shoots up. Not even God can help me find either of the 2 recommended options: G12 evo coolant or distilled water in my existing location. I did get Castrol Radicool which has similar specifications and claims to be equivalent to G12. The question is should I top up directly or drain the existing coolant.
I got this same issue couple of weeks back. Got the car checked seems no leak. They just topped with distilled water and kept the car for observation.
Please top up with distilled water.
Old 24th June 2022, 20:06   #2675
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJ02 View Post
I got this same issue couple of weeks back. Got the car checked seems no leak. They just topped with distilled water and kept the car for observation.
Please top up with distilled water.
That's the problem, won't find distilled water here. There's no service center of any other brand either
Old 24th June 2022, 21:40   #2676
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
That's the problem, won't find distilled water here. There's no service center of any other brand either
Fill regular mineral water for the time being until you reach lower altitudes and where you can get coolant or distilled water. Its okay to use it in such situations.
Old 27th June 2022, 12:44   #2677
BHPian

In my 1.5 DSG Kushaq, I have observed that if I engage the manual mode or paddle shifters, it doesn't allow me to change from 1st to 2nd gear till approx 2500 rpm is reached or a prompt appears on the MID to change gears. In Auto mode the 1 to 2 shift happens at around 2000 rpm or lesser only.

Is this normal behaviour or is there something wrong with the tiptronic/paddle shifter mode?
Old 27th June 2022, 13:36   #2678
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
In my 1.5 DSG Kushaq, I have observed that if I engage the manual mode or paddle shifters, it doesn't allow me to change from 1st to 2nd gear till approx 2500 rpm is reached or a prompt appears on the MID to change gears. In Auto mode the 1 to 2 shift happens at around 2000 rpm or lesser only.

Is this normal behaviour or is there something wrong with the tiptronic/paddle shifter mode?
Same in my Slavia since I tried this today. In manual mode, early upshift to 2 is not allowed whereas in D mode it does that as soon as car starts moving. I guess this is normal since in D mode there is also some clutch slippage done in D1 and D2 to create a smooth ride, whereas in M2 that does not happen. Hence it requires you to accelerate a bit more in M1 before the shift to M2 is allowed. Initially I thought it was an issue but both using paddle shifters and the tip tronic, shift isnt allowed. So it is a nature of the software to not allow early upshift to 2 in manual mode.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th June 2022, 14:12   #2679
BHPian

Hi Bhpians

What is the current update regarding door beading issues?

My father in law got his beadings changed three months back on his 1.0 Ambition, however the rattling has started again. Skoda has promised to replace it again. He is waiting for the next service as the service center is far from his home.
Old 27th June 2022, 15:27   #2680
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by josetom89 View Post
Hi Bhpians

What is the current update regarding door beading issues?

My father in law got his beadings changed three months back on his 1.0 Ambition, however the rattling has started again. Skoda has promised to replace it again. He is waiting for the next service as the service center is far from his home.
They must've(possibly) replaced it with the hard beadings again.
Request for a replacement again, verify the part no., if possible this time. And there is also the anti-friction taping that they would apply, that helps it from recurring again (hopefully for a long time)
ridehard is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2022, 15:58   #2681
BHPian

Does anyone use Sport mode perpetually on their Kushaq 1.0 ? Is the FE similar to Normal mode, if you drive with a light foot ? What is the change from Normal mode to Sport mode, is there a change in map ?

Old 30th June 2022, 20:25   #2682
BHPian

Underbody rust in my brand new Skoda Kushaq

Hello,

Can anybody look at the attached pics and tell me if this is a normal occurence for Kushaq or other cars. My Kushaq is barely 2 months old.

I am looking for advice and not Skoda bashing :-)

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20220622_092736.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20220622_092741.jpg  

Old 30th June 2022, 22:16   #2683
BHPian

Re: Underbody rust in my brand new Skoda Kushaq

This is normal in these area to have rust and most of the cars have it. There are many such instances reported in new cars like Honda and Hyundai too in the forum.
Have peace and enjoy the drive.
saisree is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2022, 23:14   #2684
BHPian

3,000 Km and 1 and a half month update!

We had gone on a road trip from Hyderabad to Chennai in the Kushaq!.

Starting ODO was somewhere around 1200 KM!.

We visited Chennai, Thiruvannamalai and Kanchi as part of our plan to explore the amazing architecture and the temples in these areas.

Car returned 16.8 Km/L when doing tankful-tankful calculations even though I'm running on an upsized tyre and was cruising triple digits all day long. Average speed was 70 Km/h. Really impressed with this figure.

Car was very comfortable for long distances and I can safely say that the ventilated seats are life savers. Now everyone in the family fights for the front seat. This was not the case in our Dzire.

While going to Chennai, I had driven 80% of the journey while my Dad took over for the last 20%. I had just returned from abroad and the thought of going on a road trip just excited me and I was off!.

We started at 8 in the morning and we reached Chennai in 9 Hours including breaks. I was really happy doing triple digits and overtaking almost every vehicle on the road safely. We never felt any fatigue or need to take a break.

After 3,000 Kms, I have a few dislikes which I haven't been able to make peace with.
  • If you are an aggressive driver, who has driven a diesel previously, you will not like the mileage when you drive the Kushaq the same way. I tried this and you would average high single digits or low double digits on the highway.
  • Skoda Part turn around time is really horrible and they need to get their stuff together. The back quarter panel glass had cracked due to the error of the PPF applicator. They owned up to the mistake and wanted to replace the glass from the service centre. They had ordered the part 1 month ago with my Chassis number, but received the part for the opposite side. Skoda is still asking another 7 days and saying the part is in transit.
  • AC is noisy at higher blower speeds and the Recirculation turns off randomly. Im thinking to get the recirculation memory enabled through coding.(This is done in various VAG cars like Tiguan and Kodiaq).
  • Wireless charger does not work 90% of the time.(Not a deal breaker, but still I am going to get it checked next week or so.)
  • Hill hold assist in Manual is a bit tricky, does not work a lot of times(Need to get this checked too.)
dheer4 is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 1st July 2022, 04:59   #2685
BANNED

Infractions: 0/2 (8)

A gentle tip for the future. In any car. Always carry 1 or 2 litres of manufacturer recommended engine oil or whatever engine oil you are using in it and 1 or 2 litres of the recommended coolant and some distilled water as emergency supplies. Really far explorations it is useful to have an extra jerry can of petrol too. All these are useful things to do and one won’t get caught unawares.

Yes it seems to be a pain to do all this. But this habit of mine stems from observation during the 1970’s when trusted Petrol pumps were few and far between and because of this, my Dad always carried a 10 litre jerry can of petrol, 1 or 2 litres of engine oil and a couple of bottles of distilled water at all times in the Fiat and Ambassador and Mahindra Jeeps that we used to have.

I follow this general dictum even now.

The below is intended to be a joke.

Quote:
So I'm in the middle of Spiti valley when coolant low indicator shoots up. Not even God can help me find either of the 2 recommended options: G12 evo coolant or distilled water in my existing location. I did get Castrol Radicool which has similar specifications and claims to be equivalent to G12. The question is should I top up directly or drain the existing coolant. For the latter option, where the hell is the drain plug? The manual doesn't mention anything on draining coolant
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-e18b6c162eae44698de3b086c3871937.jpeg  

shankar.balan is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks