Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2022, 10:07   #2596
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
Innumerable test drives and showroom visits, finally brought this 1.5 DSG Monte Carlo home today. We have named him 'Blitzkrieg'.
Congratulation abhishek_hch on your Blitzkrieg. Looks smashing in that shade

Probably one of the first Kushaq ownership on our forum. And just for this, it deserves a thread of its own.

Wish you a happy, fuss free and high revving motoring.
Vik0728 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 11:22   #2597
BHPian

Looks like the HDFC offer is back ie Rs 25000 off (cannot be clubbed with corporate discount, but other monthly offers would still apply) if the booking amount of Rs 35000 is paid with an HDFC Regalia card.

https://offers.smartbuy.hdfcbank.com...18862/ZmurmWU=
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 12:27   #2598

Hey all, taking delivery of a Kushaq Style 1.0 TSI AT next week and want to switch tyres from the stock 205/55/R17 MRF Wanderers to a set of Michelin Primacy 4/4ST.

However the closest spec in Michelin's portfolio(and coincidentally Continental as well) seems to be 215/55/R17. The reputed tyre dealer I got in touch with to get this done also suggested that a 225/50/R17 is favoured by many new Kushaq owners.

As I've opted for the Extended Warranty, I'd like to know if upsizing my tyres to either the 215 or 225 width sets would void my standard or extended warranty. Unable to get the information out of my SA or Skoda themselves and would appreciate if anyone here could shed light on this!

Thanks in advance!
shreyasmudumbai is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 22:51   #2599

Hi All, I needed some information on HSRP numbers plates. I got the number plate installed on my Kushaq after 25 days of car delivery. Apparently, there was a delay from RTO, and the dealer, itself, had received the number plate after 15 days of the car delivery.

Today I went to PPS Skoda service center to get the number plate installed (with rivets). Unfortunately, due to poor workmanship, the number plate on the boot was not installed in the correct alignment (horizontal) and so was tilting on one side by half an inch. It was clearly visible and hence I immediately demanded to take the plate out and reinstall it with proper alignment. The service center person tried different tools to pop the rivet off the plate i.e. hammer and chisel, drill machine etc. Finally, he could pop one of the rivet. He tried to correct the horizontal alignment of the plate. It helped a bit but not much because of grossly misaligned holes drilled on the plate itself. The final result is that plate is still tilted on one side. It's an eyesore.

So, I would like to get a new HSRP number plate. By the way, is it possible to get a new HSRP number plate issued in Bangalore? Should I ask the dealer to arrange a new one on his expenses as his person has spoiled the existing one. Has anyone tried getting a new number plate themselves? Please share.

Thanks.
Old 21st May 2022, 01:36   #2600
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreyasmudumbai View Post
Hey all, taking delivery of a Kushaq Style 1.0 TSI AT next week and want to switch tyres from the stock 205/55/R17 MRF Wanderers to a set of Michelin Primacy 4/4ST.

However the closest spec in Michelin's portfolio (and coincidentally Continental as well) seems to be 215/55/R17. A reputed tyre dealer I got in touch with to get this done also suggested that a 225/50/R17 is favoured by many new Kushaq owners.

As I've opted for the Extended Warranty, I'd like to know if upsizing my tyres to either the 215 or 225 width sets would void my standard or extended warranty!
There is a thread where warranty vis a vis tyre upsize was discussed. I can't recollect the exact thread title. Between your choices, 225/50/R17 seems closest match with just -0.08% difference in circumference.

By the way, is Michelin Primacy ST available again in India?
Old 21st May 2022, 08:45   #2601

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladha.deepak View Post

So, I would like to get a new HSRP number plate. By the way, is it possible to get a new HSRP number plate issued in Bangalore? Should I ask the dealer to arrange a new one on his expenses as his person has spoiled the existing one. Has anyone tried getting a new number plate themselves? Please share.

Thanks.

Mods,

Kindly suggest if I can post the same query in the general car query section for better reachability? Alternatively, request you to please move it there.

Thanks.
Old 21st May 2022, 17:44   #2602

Hi Everyone,

First of all, thank you for making me a part of this wonderful community. This is my first ever post on team-bhp forum and I hope I can contribute more often on this platform going forward.

This post is about how I ended up buying the Skoda Kushaq 1.5 DSG - Carbon Steel in May 2022. To start with I owned VW Polo GT TDI and when I started searching for a new car, I knew I will really have limited options to match the performance of the GT TDI at a budget of INR 15-20 lakhs. My Polo GT was a “beast” of a car and the driving dynamics of the car were extremely good. It was a 2015 model and the only reason I wanted an upgrade was due to space crunch in the polo as the family is getting bigger and the poor road conditions around the new place I have moved to. I wanted an SUV to take care of long stretch of bad roads and pot holes that comes in my way of commute to office everyday. I also wanted a petrol car this time around given I was only able to drive my Polo for about 50 thousand kms in 7 years. Below are the details of the cars I test drove before purchasing Kushaq

Jeep Compass Petrol AT: Even before test driving the car I knew from team bhp forums that this car is not loved by the enthusiast given it is made for sedate driving. I always liked the looks of the car and therefore I thought I would at least give It a try. The test drive vehicle that came to my home had clocked 5k kms on odometer and I would say it must have been handled in a pretty rough manner. The car is definitely made for relaxed driving and I had to really push the paddle hard and wait for the power to kick in. Despite the SA suggesting me that the car is not performing that great as it was not serviced at all, I was just not convinced with the overall driving dynamics. Hence Jeep was ticked off from my list.

Tata Harrier: I did not want a diesel car but I did want to try the Tata Harrier as it has the X factor specially the exterior looks really good and even though I would have had to stretch my budget by about 5-6 lakhs, I thought it was worth trying at least. The car performed really well in bad stretch of road and I felt really comfortable driving the car. It did feel like a bigger car specially coming from Polo but I was not uncomfortable anytime with the size of the car. The interiors of the car especially the touch screen really needs an upgrade. However this was something I could have lived with given the car performed well in terms of driving, making me feel secure and the space it offered. I almost wanted to finalize the car but then I read a lot of horror stories on the forum about the after sale service and how it is still a half baked product. To me spending more than my intended budget and taking a leap of faith with Tata was not worth it.

MG Hector and Astor: Some of my collogues in office suggested me to check out the MG products and I was not convinced given MG is a new brand and still has some work to do to build service centers. I did test drive both the cars back to back and both of them and somehow did not like both the cars. I test drove the CVT version of both the cars and the SA kept on suggesting me to test drive the turbo AT of Astor but it just does not have the road presence to spend around 20 lakh. It was just not making sense to me. Just my personal opinion.

Skoda Kushaq: I know Skoda 2.0 strategy has some sort of polarizing view specially from the legacy owners of VW/Skoda cars. I feel every car in this segment has some pros and cons and therefore I went with an unbiased view while test driving the Kushaq. I did not test drive the Taigun because I liked the looks of Kushaq more subtle as Taigun and I knew Kushaq/Taigun being cousins both will offer same driving dynamics. I test drove both 1.0 and 1.5 DSG and immediately felt connected with the 1.5 DSG. The car has really good driving dynamics, still has a decent door thud ensuring safety and it did take the potholes and bad stretch of road decently well. Now I know DSG is notorious but remember I was going in for Harrier so I though lets save the money and keep it aside for DSG repairs in future. Also Skoda’s 4 year plus extended warranty was reassuring.

I did not test drive the Koreans as some of my friends own it and I have driven their cars and did not feel the connect. Also XUV 700 was not considered given the insane amount of waiting time.

I booked the car in April 2022 and got the delivery in May 2022. So far so good! Coming from a manual, the automatic does make the driving a bit relaxed. The ventilated seats- though not as good as I thought it would be do offer some comfort to the back. Will keep sharing the details about my Kushaq on this forum regularly for here onwards.
akkalra is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 14:31   #2603
BHPian

Just an update: I received 9000 Rs coupon booklet today from Skoda, it came through courier and it is only for early adopters who paid 24999 for 4 years maintenance.

Funnily, booklet has 18000 Rs coupons, and no where on the coupon it is mentioned that only 9000 Rs coupons are allowed.
maverickNerd is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 19:47   #2604
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Funnily, booklet has 18000 Rs coupons, and no where on the coupon it is mentioned that only 9000 Rs coupons are allowed.
There is nothing funny here, the other 9000Rs coupon you have mentioned is actually the dealer`s copy
DragonHawk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2022, 21:26   #2605

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Just an update: I received 9000 Rs coupon booklet today from Skoda, it came through courier and it is only for early adopters who paid 24999 for 4 years maintenance.

Don't understand this as Skoda is still selling the SMP package @24999/-. I got my Kushaq delivered in April last week and SMP was not part of the deal. So, after delivery, I paid 24999/- extra to buy the package.
Old 24th May 2022, 10:44   #2606
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ladha.deepak View Post
Don't understand this as Skoda is still selling the SMP package @24999/-. I got my Kushaq delivered in April last week and SMP was not part of the deal. So, after delivery, I paid 24999/- extra to buy the package.
As far as I know, they are giving these coupons to only early adopters, who bought before September may be.
Old 25th May 2022, 15:15   #2607
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
The kick down is exhilarating & I look forward to great times with him
Congratulations, and welcome to the VW family! Please use the kickdown sparingly, as you are not doing your DSG any favours every time you experience that "exhilaration".
TheLizardKing is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 15:37   #2608

So finally I also took delivery of my Skoda Kushaq (1.0 Ambition) last weekend. Sent it for PPF + seat covers detailing and also got the alloys changed to something else (black) I liked (aftermarket) as I got a really good deal vs what the Skoda guys were pushing at me.

Skoda Kushaq Review-inshot_20220525_153209047.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-inshot_20220525_153033895.jpg

Now I have a question. My red beauty, the Jeep Compass has suffered since the last year on account of my neighbor's stupid parking and door opening habits. Door dings like absolute maniacs have totally screwed one side of my Jeep. And since this was slow burn, I didn't pay much attention to it till one day the ugliness stared at me in the eye.

Skoda Kushaq Review-20220510_174120.jpg

The Jeep has now been moved to outside the building (I have only 1 reserved parking) and the Kushaq will take its spot. I need help in protecting the sides of my door from getting mucked again. I looked at a lot of Amazon links and random online platforms, called a few detailing shops but none of them have what the Americans call 'Ding Bats', or magnetic door guard strips (not those edge protectors) that one can easily apply & remove when parking inside the building to protect against other's idiocy. Can't find these anywhere!

Link 1: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01KUAF46E...KM4QPEK6H51BJ7

Link 2: https://www.amazon.in/dp/B0182JDD54/...H0PXAXGFRRB9T9

Can anyone help in procuring something like these or tell me if you know someplace where I can get these from?
psychogogo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2022, 20:44   #2609
BHPian

Hi guys,

Could you please enlighten me on what app are you using to track the vehicle and get driving data? I am an iOS user. And should I install something in the car? I read some posts about a Jio dongle. Will the RSA do it? Or is it DIY?
Old 25th May 2022, 21:37   #2610
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedv8 View Post
Hi guys,

Could you please enlighten me on what app are you using to track the vehicle and get driving data? I am an iOS user. And should I install something in the car? I read some posts about a Jio dongle. Will the RSA do it? Or is it DIY?
My Skoda connect is the app name in Google Play Store. Jio dongle hardware needs to be provisioned by dealer in the car and activated by Skoda. Give a try for the app in iOS and login with your mobile number given to the dealer. If he has already fitted it and activated, you can see your vehicle and use it. If not, reach out to the dealer to fit the dongle. Generally they do this on car delivery day itself.
thanixravindran is online now   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks