Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 4th April 2022, 23:41   #2476
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM1706 View Post
Unfortunately, this is true! And i learned it the hard way. I too wasn't keen on parking surveillance and didn't want hard wiring.

So got my dashcam installed using the 12V socket. I had used it for barely a couple of days and found the battery had drained out. Of course, i didn't know (till the Skoda service centre told me this) that the 12V socket remains on even when the car is not running.

The service folks were quite helpful and sorted out the matter but this is such an annoying situation to have. To have to remember to disconnect the dashcam each time is such a pain! I understand this is not the case with all manufacturers/models.

Does anyone know of a workaround in this case?
Agreed its a big pain. I use a self made air purifier with 12 v jack and having to remember to switch it off every time is irritating. In most cars its wired to ignition, if they wanted to have one directly connected, they should have given 2. Only workaround would be to rewire but that may affect warranty so better to stay away.
varun.petro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 00:02   #2477
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.petro View Post
Observed a new issue specific to Ambition AT Kushaq. Front passenger seatbelt warning doesn't work when sitting normally. Once you lean forward and centre of weight moves forward, the warning sign and sound pop up.

Please confirm if anyone else facing same issue.
For me having seen it in 2 vehicles, indicates it maybe being a widespread problem in Ambition AT.

I was surprised that within 3 vehicles, 2 had this issue but still I couldn't find a single mention of this on internet.
The warning works perfectly to annoy my wife as she forgets to wear the seatbelt 8 out of 10 times when she is in the passenger seat. But it is quite an interesting bug you have found there!
tunedv8 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 10:29   #2478
Distinguished - BHPian

Below par sales performance so far, from the MQB A0-IN platform:

Name:  1.JPG
Views: 1471
Size:  26.5 KB

Source: Auto Punditz
volkman10 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th April 2022, 23:40   #2479
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tunedv8 View Post
The warning works perfectly to annoy my wife as she forgets to wear the seatbelt 8 out of 10 times when she is in the passenger seat. But it is quite an interesting bug you have found there!
That is my reason to have this feature. She just won't wear the seatbelt unless the car makes it irritating.

It has got something to do with senstivity of the sensor. Anyone above 60 kg + and it works OK.

Service center has discussed with Skoda tech and wish to carry out detailed investigation. Lets see what resolution they provide.
Old 7th April 2022, 12:18   #2480
BHPian

Dear Kushaq Owners,
Are you using My Skoda Connect App?
And is it working fine for you guys ??

I have recently created my login a week ago but it’s showing last online location somewhere near Mumbai.
It’s not a fake location, I was there in Feb, but it looks like location is not updated since then.

I have created account in April but I don’t see any vehicle data in the app..

I am using this app or rather any connected vehicle app for the first time. So I am seeking advice on the same. What should I do, so that I can see the accurate location of the car and use other CVP features.

Please let me know, if you this app works for you.
Old 7th April 2022, 12:55   #2481
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaus2002 View Post
Please let me know, if you this app works for you.
It's working for me fine. Shows me the correct location.

I also get regular updates when the car is started and stopped and if someone else is driving it I can track the location and speed as well. Do you get these updates? Does the app display your name and Car Reg No?

Last edited by Aditya : 10th April 2022 at 05:24. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 14:42   #2482
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Do you get these updates ?
Does the app display your name and Car Reg No ?
I do not get any updates,
Yes it shows name and registration number correctly..
what I need to do , so that it works for me as well?
Old 7th April 2022, 15:39   #2483
BHPian

Quote:
I do not get any updates,
Yes it shows name and registration number correctly..
what I need to do , so that it works for me as well?
Looks like your Jio dongle is not working or not activated by the dealer
Get in touch with your SA and they should be able to do it for you
crazyro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th April 2022, 16:08   #2484
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyro View Post
Looks like your Jio dongle is not working or not activated by the dealer
Get in touch with your SA and they should be able to do it for you
Thanks will check with them.
Old 7th April 2022, 19:43   #2485

Hi Team,

Need your advise. I drove my Kushaq 1.0 Ambition MT (delivered in July '21) for around 11000 kms in 4 months (from Sept to Dec '21) and it has been taking rest since past 3 months with occasional city rides only. Few days ago I got a call from my dealer based in Delhi that I need to bring my car to the service center for a campaign service (software update + driver side window motor change + one rear wheel hub replacement + one I don't remember now). I took the car to very recently inaugurated showroom (Singhania Skoda in Ranchi) where they couldn't do anything other than software update as parts mentioned in the campaign were not available with them (this was expected so I was not surprised).

Since time has come to run the mill again on highways for long, I thought of getting the engine oil topped up a bit as 11k is quite near to 15k service mark and the oil level would be low. I asked the service adviser to top up the engine oil and they refused to do saying that they don't advise mixing new oil with contaminated old oil. I could sense lack of confidence in his words and he kept on telling your car is new and it is just a matter of 4k kms more, get it serviced then. I had topped up engine oil several times at ASC in my Vento 1.6 TDI after running 10k kms even though the service requirement was to change the oil at 15k kms. Now, this comes comes as a surprise to me. Would like to hear from you if it is acceptable to top up engine oil after considerable running or we should replace entire engine oil in one go.
Old 7th April 2022, 20:04   #2486
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Thanks will check with them.
Please check whether the dongle has gotten loose. You can open the small plastic cover in the right side of the Steering wheel in the dashboard and reinsert the dongle again.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th April 2022, 18:34   #2487
BHPian

Can someone please help me with suggestions on frameless windshield wipers for kushaq. Looking for both front and rear.

Anyone purchased yet or any suggestion?
Old 9th April 2022, 19:42   #2488
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Skoda seems to have reintroduced the Electrically foldable mirrors in the Ambition and Style variants. It looks like the chips are now magically available/allocated in just in a quarter (Slavia has them since launch)

Ambition variant in 1.0 TSI MT has silently seen Rs.15,000 hike for this (re)addition. This variant was left untouched in Jan 22 price hike but saw feature deletion and was not compensated unlike the Style variant with the Rs.15,000 voucher. So it is all down to margins and so much to their chip shortage story. Check the new price here - https://www.skoda-auto.co.in/aid/kushaq-checkprice.

Attached is the new brochure here showing the Electrically fold able mirrors added back. Overall an entirely avoidable exercise that was so poorly executed

Does any 2022 Style owner has asked the service center for retrofit of this mirror?
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Kushaq_Brochure_Digital_April_2022.pdf (6.10 MB, 264 views)
thanixravindran is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 11th April 2022, 23:20   #2489

My dealer (PPS Skoda, Bangalore) has revised the rates by 18K in the name of the addition of electric ORVM in the Ambition variant. Interestingly, the dealer does not seem interested in making a sale at all. It's not like Kushaq is topping the sales chart, but somehow, in Skoda's mind, Kushaq is selling like a hot cake. I hear the same thing I speak with anyone from Skoda. Not sure which world this Skoda clan lives in. Furthermore, every time, it's me who would reach out to the dealer to get status on the leasing and other formalities, and every time I am given a standard reply - will get back. I'm yet to make any payment and just thinking again if it's really worth it. If Skoda has so much attitude even before I make the payment, what will happen afterward?

Now compare it with Hyundai/Suzuki dealers. I had test drove their vehicles in Dec and to date, they call me every week to check if I can proceed with the booking. I guess Skoda will never learn all this.
ladha.deepak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th April 2022, 01:33   #2490
BHPian

Just observed something interesting in 1.0 Ambition AT. Nearly 90% of times, on slowing down the gear shifts to 1st.

However, in few cases with lot of bumper to bumper traffic it stays on 2nd even when fully stopped. I found this to be amazing that somehow the car is making sense that there is lot of stop and go and it doesn't drop down to 1 but maintains in 2nd gear.

Does anyone else has the same observation and could make sense exactly when does this happen.

I apologize for poor pic quality, guess I was too excited to see AT behaving intelligently.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-pixeleap_1649706987475.png  

varun.petro is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks