Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th February 2022, 22:18   #2386
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by amit1agrawal View Post
As soon as I entered the driver's seat and looked around everything seemed made to cost and it felt more like a Maruti than a VW car. if I were in the market for Polo any day I would pick up old used polo than the new polo. VW should either maintain the same quality at the current prices or increase the price if it has to. Reducing quality to such levels is only tarnishing the reputation that they so painstakingly built in the last 1.5 decades.
It's catch 22 situation. India being such a price sensitive market, they need to lower cost, and price, to garner larger market share and grow some decent volume. When they maitain cost competitiveness by compromising on quality, they lose their original fan base. Looks like a choice between rock and hard place.

As for me, I wish they had maintained their quality standards.
Old 16th February 2022, 09:52   #2387
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yesyeswe View Post
Since coming from a sedan why aren't you looking at Slavia? You would be getting a bigger booth than the Kushaq, the car being a sedan would feel more planted while driving , and if you worry about ground clearance then Slavia has 179 mm vs Kushaq's 189 mm, just 10 mm less!

The car is gonna cost less than kushaq and being a newer product will have lesser issues and better quality of parts. Do take a look at the car before making your purchase.
Thanks for the recommendation. We'll be taking a look at the Slavia. The last time we went to the showroom, the car was not on display. Our main concern with sedans had been just the GC, in case it is not an issue with Slavia, we'll consider it strongly
Old 18th February 2022, 19:17   #2388
BHPian

Good news for people who purchased kushaq in first lot and purchased SMP for Rs. 24999, just got this notification in myskoda app.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20220218191447.png  

maverickNerd is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 19:29   #2389
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Good news for people who purchased kushaq in first lot and purchased SMP for Rs. 24999, just got this notification in myskoda app.
Why Skoda loves to do some mistake and THEN correct it later?
Mechanical glitch, quality issue and now this.
Some may say that at least they are correcting their mistakes.
But I say, when you are a big global corporate house with so many years of experience you should check things 10 times before rolling out.
Old 18th February 2022, 19:47   #2390
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DriveOnceMore View Post
Why Skoda loves to do some mistake and THEN correct it later?
Mechanical glitch, quality issue and now this.
Some may say that at least they are correcting their mistakes.
But I say, when you are a big global corporate house with so many years of experience you should check things 10 times before rolling out.
I agree but Hyundai does not even agree on brake issue in creta and Kia does not accept anything for cost cutting in Indian seltos, atleast skoda is trying something, have you ever heard any company refunding or giving any benefit after purchase of 6 months.
They have made mistakes but we should applaud for accepting it.

Last edited by maverickNerd : 18th February 2022 at 20:08.
maverickNerd is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 18th February 2022, 20:16   #2391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
I agree but Hyundai does not even agree on brake issue in creta and Kia does not accept anything for cost cutting in Indian seltos, atleast skoda is trying something, have you ever heard any company refunding or giving any benefit after purchase of 6 months.
They have made mistakes but we should applaud for accepting it.
Hyundai launched new version of their popular Creta model by removing ICE unit
However unlike Skoda, they reduced the price and didn't 'silently' removed feautres and then supposedly 'rectify' by offering refund.... Who is more transparent here
Old 19th February 2022, 12:43   #2392

My first post after been accepted to the Team-BHP community few weeks ago. Have been reading the reviews and comments in the forum for as long as I can remember.

Recently purchased Kushaq Ambition 1.0AT (Jan 22 version) from SGA cars, Coimbatore. Sales experience was good, car was delivered within 2 weeks after being told that there was a 2 month waiting period. very cheap sales gimmick to push 2021 stock. Felt cheated when I had to pay full price for a car which was probably manufactured within days after 2021, when 2021 stocks where on 60k discounts, only because the carbon steel wasn't available.

It was looks, comfort and safety that made me choose Kushaq. I personally have very low expectations on performance criteria, being a sedate driver who doesn't push RPMs or cross 90km speeds even on highways.

The shortlist was between Kushaq and Harrier and finally the 7lac price difference between Kushaq 1.0AT and Harrier AT XZA (have my own reasons for comparing two different cars in 2 different segments) and slight body roll in Harrier made us choose Kushaq over Harrier.

It was immediate and continuing regret due to issues found during delivery and soon after. Not that Harrier would have been niggle free, but the helpless feel after having waited 6-7 months, multiple TD's of almost every car in the 15-25lac price bracket, pay 17lac of your hard earned money and still ended up with a sub-par car is heart wrenching.

1. Came to know that the Auto folding ORVM is taken out from 2022 cars on the day of delivery. The sales guy till the date of my payment said that there is no intimation about taking this feature out from the 2022 cars. I have since followed up with Skoda customer service multiple times. Except for a call from local dealer that I can retrofit this after the semiconductor shortage is resolved but no confirmation whether this will be recall or do I have to pay for it. Skoda didn't reply to my multiple follow ups. I am not in any social media sites, so not sure if this was decided already

2. The volume mute button in steering wheel wasn't working from day 1. Took it back the next day for inspection and few days again after being told that replacement part have arrived, but after a day in workshop, they discovered that the wrong part was delivered and I had to come back again later. 10 days since and still waiting

3. The infamous door creaking noise, on both sides for me. What a frustration this is. A brand new car making horrible old car noises even on slight undulation. I had to put off my trips to show off my new car to the family. Can't imagine the feedback for a new car, when my own ten-year-old Hyundai i10 AT (70k) and my dad's 8 year old EcoSport (110k) are still like squeak free. SGA Service told me that the door beading was replaced when I took it for replacing the steering button, but noise came back within a day. Now waiting for a supposedly premium door beading and some tape that will arrest the noise. The tape thing sounded like some quick fix idea to mask a manufacturing defect.

I can't imagine how a supposedly premium German car manufacturer can let a car come out of its factory with so many issues. Really pathetic. On top of this, I am continuously being harries for feedback through phone calls and emails. Honestly, if Skoda spends fraction of the money to hire QC's instead of hiring call center agents, they probably would need to ask for feedback at all.

Last edited by Aditya : 19th February 2022 at 19:58. Reason: Typos
thilipk is offline   (26) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 14:14   #2393
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thilipk View Post
2. The volume mute button in steering wheel wasn't working from day 1.
3. The infamous dorr creeking noise, on both sides for me. What a frustration this is.

I cant imagine how a supposedly premium german car manufacturer can let a car come out of its factory with so many issues.
It is disappointing to hear all these stories from Kushaq owners on an otherwise wonderful car. Hopefully, Skoda already took stock of these issues and next generation will not have any of these niggles.

Still makes us think, how come no such issues were reported in the Taigun thread. The final fit, finish and QC is somehow done differently for both products? Experts may please enlighten.
Old 19th February 2022, 20:53   #2394
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by thilipk View Post

Recently purchased Kushaq Ambition 1.0AT (Jan 22 version) from SGA cars, Coimbatore. Sales experience was good, car was delivered within 2 weeks after being told that there was a 2 month waiting period. very cheap sales gimmick to push 2021 stock. Felt cheated when I had to pay full price for a car which was probably manufactured within days after 2021, when 2021 stocks where on 60k discounts, only because the carbon steel wasn't available.

1. Came to know that the Auto folding ORVM is taken out from 2022 cars on the day of delivery. The sales guy till the date of my payment said that there is no intimation about taking this feature out from the 2022 cars. I have since followed up with Skoda customer service multiple times. Except for a call from local dealer that I can retrofit this after the semiconductor shortage is resolved but no confirmation whether this will be recall or do I have to pay for it. Skoda didn't reply to my multiple follow ups. I am not in any social media sites, so not sure if this was decided already

2. The volume mute button in steering wheel wasn't working from day 1. Took it back the next day for inspection and few days again after being told that replacement part have arrived, but after a day in workshop, they discovered that the wrong part was delivered and I had to come back again later. 10 days since and still waiting

3. The infamous door creaking noise, on both sides for me. What a frustration this is. A brand new car making horrible old car noises even on slight undulation. I had to put off my trips to show off my new car to the family. Can't imagine the feedback for a new car, when my own ten-year-old Hyundai i10 AT (70k) and my dad's 8 year old EcoSport (110k) are still like squeak free. SGA Service told me that the door beading was replaced when I took it for replacing the steering button, but noise came back within a day. Now waiting for a supposedly premium door beading and some tape that will arrest the noise. The tape thing sounded like some quick fix idea to mask a manufacturing defect.
Welcome and congratulations on your new car. I hope things will get sorted out soon so that you can enjoy the car.

I guess in Coimbatore, you have a single dealer and hence these type of sales tactics. In Chennai, 2021 cars were available even at end of Jan but with limited colors and I was provided an option to choose 2021 with discounts or 2022 without discounts. Probably because here there are at least 2 dealers. I went to 2022 due to the color. I don't think Kushaq is setting the sales charts on fire and guess more discounts will be available soon.

1. For Ambition there is nothing for the ORVM feature delete. Only for Style variants, 15,000 INR is provided as discount and can be retrofitted when available. Overall, it is very poorly handled with all this discount for top variant only and retrofit later. A better way is to add a voucher usable against that as an accessory and tied to the VIN number in the digital records like My Skoda app and handle it during services. Except for Zac Hollis none of Skoda Social media handles will reply anything.

2. On the mute button, will you please post a picture of your steering wheel as I am not aware of dedicated mute button in steering wheel (Mine is MT)? It has only Voice control ON/OFF and Previous/Next selection buttons. Are you referring to the Voice control ON/OFF button when it is used with Android Auto/Apple Car play to search things in the connected phone.

3. I am surprised at this as the new door beading foam in the door is supposed to be fixed in Production models from 2022 onwards. So it seems only the older door beading foam is still being used in production line till the stock is exhausted and do the replacement at service center based on customer complaints. Not a great way to handle things, Skoda.
thanixravindran is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th February 2022, 22:57   #2395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thanixravindran View Post

2. On the mute button, will you please post a picture of your steering wheel as I am not aware of dedicated mute button in steering wheel (Mine is MT)? It has only Voice control ON/OFF and Previous/Next selection buttons. Are you referring to the Voice control ON/OFF button when it is used with Android Auto/Apple Car play to search things in the connected phone.
In my Kushaq (Style AT) the volume wheel on steering, when pressed pauses the track/radio. May be that was what meant in the post you quoted. My problem is that in Android auto and apple carplay sometimes it plays on its own later when paused. Haven’t gone to the A.S.S with this, but seems like a glitch for now.
Old 20th February 2022, 19:10   #2396
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
In my Kushaq (Style AT) the volume wheel on steering, when pressed pauses the track/radio. May be that was what meant in the post you quoted. My problem is that in Android auto and apple carplay sometimes it plays on its own later when paused. Haven’t gone to the A.S.S with this, but seems like a glitch for now.
Yes, probably that is what OP has meant. Volume wheel works the same way in my car also. When I read the 'Mute', I thought it was the mute for the microphone while taking a call over Bluetooth (IIRC, my i10 has a 'mute' button for the Bluetooth mic. I have not got an opportunity to check how to mute a call in Bluetooth in Kushaq though.

I have not come across this random play with Android auto yet. However, with the touchscreen, after you pause a song, if you touch the Power icon to Switch Off the Infotainment system, it starts playing the song. (I have the habit of switching off everything manually before switching off the ignition. So first time, I was startled when the song resumed playing.)

I guess the software is designed to resume playing for a single touch at any point of screen. A long touch (couple of seconds) of the Switch Off icon indeed switches off the Infotainment system.
thanixravindran is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 20:56   #2397
BHPian

Facing another issue now. Again seems like a glitch. The audio system gives a faint triple beep every three minutes or so while car is running. No warning lights like for seat belt, speed limit etc. and the sound is much lesser than those.

If Android auto or apple carplay is playing the song volume guess down too. So thought it may be related to Android auto/carplay and tried disconnecting everything. Still the beep happens periodically on running. Not on idling though.

Any one else faced this issue? If so please share any solutions if available.
Old 20th February 2022, 21:00   #2398
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Facing another issue now. Again seems like a glitch. The audio system gives a faint triple beep every three minutes or so while car is running. No warning lights like for seat belt, speed limit etc. and the sound is much lesser than those.

If Android auto or apple carplay is playing the song volume guess down too. So thought it may be related to Android auto/carplay and tried disconnecting everything. Still the beep happens periodically on running. Not on idling though.

Any one else faced this issue? If so please share any solutions if available.
Check if the due to navigation related.. If so you can mute the navigation..
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th February 2022, 21:28   #2399
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
Check if the due to navigation related.. If so you can mute the navigation..
Thanks for the inputs.

Just read the post by Rideon74 on this thread. Seems it is an error caused by the sygic maps app installed on the HU.

Have uninstalled sygic app now. Will update here soon after testing.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 21st February 2022 at 06:52. Reason: Fixed broken URL.
Old 22nd February 2022, 11:33   #2400

Quote:
Honestly not sure what its supposed to do since it doesnt work for me. I am referring to the the silver rotary wheel at the left side of the steering which can be scrolled to adjust volume and if when pressed, I was told by the SC at the demo that it mutes the volume. May be its the Pause button.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks