Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd February 2022, 11:40   #2401

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Facing another issue now. Again seems like a glitch. The audio system gives a faint triple beep every three minutes or so while car is running. No warning lights like for seat belt, speed limit etc. and the sound is much lesser than those.

If Android auto or apple carplay is playing the song volume guess down too. So thought it may be related to Android auto/carplay and tried disconnecting everything. Still the beep happens periodically on running. Not on idling though.

Any one else faced this issue? If so please share any solutions if available.
Happens to me as well. such an annoying thing and it was happening even before i synced my phone to Android Auto, so probably unrelated. once, it was continuously beeping when I was shifting through newly painted lanes on salem-coimbatore highway. probably "doesnt work for India lane change" warning system, but its not consistent and I dont know how to switch it off evven after scouring through the manual. Though it does change the volume without adjusting the volume setting, i.e. volume drops but the volume level stays the same before the beep, so i have to increase the volume everytime there is a beep and it bounces back for the next beep with super high volume.
Old 22nd February 2022, 17:04   #2402
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by thilipk View Post
Happens to me as well. such an annoying thing and it was happening even before i synced my phone to Android Auto, so probably unrelated..
This is due to the inbuilt Sygic map sending notifications. Try turning off notifications for the map and that should resolve the beeps.
Old 24th February 2022, 07:37   #2403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolFire View Post
Thanks for the inputs.

Just read the post by Rideon74 on this thread. Seems it is an error caused by the sygic maps app installed on the HU.

Have uninstalled sygic app now. Will update here soon after testing.

This has worked. No more triple beeps now after uninstalling sygic.

Maybe disabling notifications could be enough, but went all the way as google maps anyway is a much better option.
CoolFire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 09:52   #2404
BHPian

A bit off topic, but I was able to witness firsthand how existing owners feel about the new cars.

I was talking to my cousin yesterday, who's big on Skoda and VAG group in general. He's owned a Fabia for 10 years and also has a Rapid and A4.

He was looking for something in the 20 lakh range and obviously checked out the Kushaq first. His biggest complaint was that the interiors felt really cheap and wasn't like a "Real Skoda". He's going for the Hector instead.

I think Skoda/VW are going the Ford way. As an owner of the 1st gen Figo, checking out the new Figo left me underwhelmed. They were good cars, but in trying to please everyone, it excited nobody.
SS8939 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th February 2022, 12:25   #2405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
A bit off topic, but I was able to witness firsthand how existing owners feel about the new cars.

I was talking to my cousin yesterday, who's big on Skoda and VAG group in general. He's owned a Fabia for 10 years and also has a Rapid and A4.

He was looking for something in the 20 lakh range and obviously checked out the Kushaq first. His biggest complaint was that the interiors felt really cheap and wasn't like a "Real Skoda". He's going for the Hector instead.

I think Skoda/VW are going the Ford way. As an owner of the 1st gen Figo, checking out the new Figo left me underwhelmed. They were good cars, but in trying to please everyone, it excited nobody.
Not sure what owners mean when they say cheap. For me, the interiors are all about look and less about feel. This is assuming I am not buying a premium/luxury car. I am okay with hard plastics as long as the overall design looks great. Kushaq/Slavia pretty much fulfill that, especially Slavia with the beige colour interior. It's not really important to me how the plastic feels, as I rarely touch the dashboard except volume or AC controls. I am sure 99.9% users would agree with this.

I have never owned a car in the past, but have driven many. I absolutely used to hate the interiors of Skoda cars except Superb. It didn't matter how rugged the setup was, the looks were dull, boring and made me feel like why the hell I was even sitting there. That's the same with Honda, exception being the old Civic with that huge digital cockpit, used to drool over it. In the current cars < 20 lakh (excluding SUVs), only the new i20, Slavia (beige colour and virtual cockpit FTW) and Astor make me go wow.

Last edited by amey027 : 24th February 2022 at 12:30.
amey027 is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 25th February 2022, 23:34   #2406
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SS8939 View Post
He was looking for something in the 20 lakh range and obviously checked out the Kushaq first. His biggest complaint was that the interiors felt really cheap and wasn't like a "Real Skoda".
I attribute that more to the drab color scheme and the hard rectangular lines followed in many VAG cars , Troc included. They have course corrected on the Slavia with the color scheme at least, and it looks far better despite having almost exactly the same look and feel.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th February 2022, 21:33   #2407
Distinguished - BHPian

Component testing, flex fuel variant or facelift - your guess is as good as mine.

Caught by our friendly neighbourhood AutoSpy. He said that there was engine noise and it was refined, meaning it was a petrol test mule.

Skoda Kushaq Review-c0369c8690104abda9bd3f237398c48a.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq Review-6322b80106fc43cdbd6eec26bd277cb2.jpeg

Skoda Kushaq Review-0cd7e6b7336f4ad08c4a12549f062ffd.jpeg
RavenAvi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 12:35   #2408

Took the car to the SGA service center today for rectifying the Pause button issue and door creeking noise. Service consultant showed the new steering assembly that will replace the non-working one in the new car.

And finally was revealed Skoda's grand fix (drum roll please) for the door creaking noise, is to slap a line of 3M Scotch Anti-friction tape on top side of the door panel. BTW, no guarantee on life of the tape, probably it was me stupid enough to even ask the question. Apparently, replacing the door beading does not stop the noise and so Skoda's new plan is to put a tape at the place of friction so we don't hear it anymore. consultant even went in lengths to explain that the tape is a premium imported product and not something available off the shelf in 3M outlets in India. Even if it was true, cant believe that tape has an infinite life on a constantly rubbed and cleaned area of a car. let alone the spoiled look of a new car with a soon to be dirty transparent tape fixed on high visibility area.

I am not an enthusiast, so dont know what 1L engine with gas guzzling turbo charger gives in terms of driving pleasure, but I am almost at the verge of regretting my decision to by a half baked Skoda car.
thilipk is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 16:49   #2409
BHPian

Dear Kushaq owners,

Through a skoda owners group here in Bangalore, I have learned that some VIN numbers are eligible for wheel bearing replacement under warranty of course.

I am dissapointed that Skoda is not doing this proactively and I had to find it through other means. I have contacted the skoda helpline and they have redirected the local dealership to do the needful.

Hopefully this helps the new owners to get it done asap.

Important information if you want to know if your car is eligible:
1. Call the number 1800 123 090 909
2. Inform about the wheel bearing recall and ask them to confirm if your car is eligible
3. They will route it to the CRM of your dealership and they will take it forward.

Cheers
Ram

PS: Mods - pls reroute this to the correct thread if there already exisits one on this particular issue. Thanks

Last edited by ramgkulkarni : 28th February 2022 at 16:51. Reason: typo
ramgkulkarni is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 20:51   #2410
BHPian

A small update on my Kushaq. I recently went on a 800km drive during the weekend. While returning, there was a patch where road work was going on and a small stone flew from the vehicle in front and hit the windshield. The noise heard from inside the cabin was not so loud but after a while noticed a crack on the windshield. Had claimed insurance to get it replaced.

I also asked them to check on the squeaking noise even though it was not so high on normal roads and only heard on uneven roads. I was also hearing some noise while operating the clutch(clicking sound) which was also informed to SA.

Got my car back today and on the short drive back home, noticed that there is no sound while operating the clutch anymore. SA told that they installed a tape and fixed the same beadings back. He asked me to check and let me know if I am still having the squeaking noise issue. I will be going on a long drive this weekend and will update if I find any new issues.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20220221-10.17.25-am.jpeg  

ramsudhir is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 21:14   #2411
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsudhir View Post
A small update on my Kushaq. I recently went on a 800km drive during the weekend. While returning, there was a patch where road work was going on and a small stone flew from the vehicle in front and hit the windshield.

Had claimed insurance to get it replaced.

Got my car back today.
I was wondering if you got the replacement for the RTO sticker for the new windshield yet? What does the process look like?

Ever since they started pasting the sticker on windshield, this scenario has been running in my mind and I am dreading running around the RTO in such unforeseen situations.

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 28th February 2022 at 21:18.
Aviator_guy is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2022, 21:22   #2412
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aviator_guy View Post
I was wondering if you got the replacement for the RTO sticker for the new windshield yet? What does the process look like?

Ever since they started pasting the sticker on windshield, this scenario has been running in my mind and I am dreading running around the RTO in such unforeseen situations.
I did not get the sticker replacement. I too had the same doubt. On checking with the SA, he said that it is not needed. However, I am planning to check with the sales adviser about it. Will update here if I find something. I also lost the fastag and need to get a replacement for it too.
ramsudhir is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 09:39   #2413
BHPian

Slavia 1.0 TSI prices are out. Skoda definitely have trolled Kushaq owners badly. Slavia is clearly the better car but costs almost a lakh less. I bought the 1.5 TSI Kushaq only 2 months ago, but I'm sure Slavia1.5 TSI will also cost lesser. Feels frustrating, because Skoda always seemed to market Slavia as more premium and thus more expensive than Kushaq, which is why I didn't go for it
amey027 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 10:05   #2414
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amey027 View Post
Slavia 1.0 TSI prices are out. Skoda definitely have trolled Kushaq owners badly. Slavia is clearly the better car but costs almost a lakh less. I bought the 1.5 TSI Kushaq only 2 months ago, but I'm sure Slavia1.5 TSI will also cost lesser. Feels frustrating, because Skoda always seemed to market Slavia as more premium and thus more expensive than Kushaq, which is why I didn't go for it
Well, common sense says that the C segment sedan has always been placed below the C segment compact SUV till date. Slavia is a better product only in the enthusiasts eyes and it doesnt hold a candle against a product like Seltos or Creta when it comes to the interiors, features on offer and brand value. Hence, when Kushaq itself is priced at par and slightly above Creta and Seltos for the 1.5 Variants, no one in their sane minds would price the Slavia higher than these products and expect a brand new product from a company like VW/Skoda to do justice to the investment costs. In fact, the Slavia being priced at a premium to the City itself is a little overconfident on Skodas part. But yes, compared to the City, there are a few differences, positive or negative.

However, since this thread is on the Kushaq, I dont think Skoda trolled Kushaq customers by Slavia pricing. Rather, they trolled customers with Kushaq pricing itself. It is not equipped well enough for the pricing it is placed at. Things like the interiors, roof liner etc are from a segment below and customers would definitely notice it. The test drive car I got impressed me on the performance front, but the interiors were really not feeling good. Everything looked dull and poorly put up. The choice of greys are really not good. On the other hand, things are sorted in the slavia with the Beige and grey combination at least. Had the Slavia been priced higher, I would have simply ditched it from being on my radar.
audioholic is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 1st March 2022, 13:25   #2415
BHPian

Is anyone facing issues with the OBD / JioConnect in their Kushaq?

I have been to the dealership thrice as it stops showing alerts on its own in a few weeks. In my last visit the SA said they’ll have to replace the OBD from Jio and the process may take a couple of weeks.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks