Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th April 2022, 19:43   #2536
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunikkat View Post
Monte Carlo looks super cool. Hope they also get in white, that will surely be a looker.
They are getting it in white but that too will have red inserts I am told. I personally liked the Red Monte Carlo a lot but did not like the red inserts in the dashboard even one bit. The million dollar Q now is - whether you buy a car which wows people looking at it from outside but you don't like it so much from the inside sitting in the cockpit?
Old 29th April 2022, 21:26   #2537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
They are getting it in white but that too will have red inserts I am told. I personally liked the Red Monte Carlo a lot but did not like the red inserts in the dashboard even one bit. The million dollar Q now is - whether you buy a car which wows people looking at it from outside but you don't like it so much from the inside sitting in the cockpit?
Anytime Monte Carlo for me. The exterior looks yummier with those blacked out elements and VRS inspired alloys. The interiors, though I would have liked it more subtle, the one in normal Kushaq is slightly dull with the colour combo. So guess I can still live with that loud but more sportier interiors. And then those aluminium pedals which I believe is a must have in all cars, as it totally changes the feel of interiors

Last edited by sunikkat : 29th April 2022 at 21:28.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 23:30   #2538
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
I checked with the dealership as of now & they informed that they will install only Active variant system as & when it is made available from Skoda. The price quoted for this system is approx. 30K.
Yes this is true, I also enquired from Skoda dealership in Lucknow. Same information was passed but the pricing for system was quoted as 23k. We were lucky enough to get hold of an Active peace variant available in stock with speakers, 10 inch music system(android based and not active one) and seat covers(bucket fit) from the dealership.

'Active peace package' is what the sales person referred to this which costed us 30k. Dealership is Stellar Skoda, Ahmedabad, they had 6 or 7 active peace variants in stock and we got hold of one of them. Now time to cancel our Glanza booking .

Last edited by tsi_niks1989 : 29th April 2022 at 23:31.
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th April 2022, 23:39   #2539
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
We were lucky enough to get hold of an Active peace variant available in stock with speakers, 10 inch music system(android based and not active one) and seat covers(bucket fit) from the dealership.
Congrats on getting the car, can you share the brand & model number of the music system that you are getting from the dealership & does this support camera feed?

I will also then try to get the same one for my car if it fulfils my requirements.
Old 30th April 2022, 14:03   #2540
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CafeRacer16 View Post
Congrats on getting the car, can you share the brand & model number of the music system that you are getting from the dealership & does this support camera feed?
Thanks. Yes the system supports camera, I cannot see the branding as such for the system. Please find below pics with model number details for reference.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_1721.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-67299995113__2d5b349a701e4da49f3301cf49e10786.jpg  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th April 2022, 20:42   #2541
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsi_niks1989 View Post
Thanks. Yes the system supports camera, I cannot see the branding as such for the system. Please find below pics with model number details for reference.
What was the cost for these fitments?
Old 30th April 2022, 22:39   #2542
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
What was the cost for these fitments?
30K- Music system, 4 speakers, seat covers, Mats, Rear Camera and Mud Flap
tsi_niks1989 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 14:28   #2543
BHPian

Odd naming of the variant + lack of speakers and an ICE in 2022 on a 10L car? Yikes! Skoda definitely has thrown the playbook of the market outside their executive office and plays by their own rules.
AKSarkar1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 16:47   #2544
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Skoda Kushaq prices now start at Rs 9.99 lakh, with the introduction of New entry-level Active Peace variant.
Interestingly, this variant is not even mentioned in the Skoda India website or in the brochure. This must be a really temporary move to clear excess stocks. Does anyone know which colours the Active Peace is available in?

It would form a great entry point for someone who wants good power, loves to drive and wants a slightly bigger vehicle than the premium hatchbacks available in this price range from Hyundai and Maruti.

It is also not clear if the Active Peace receives the safety features such as ESC, traction control, EBD etc l. that the Active comes with. I am surprised they are selling this variant without publicising the full spec sheet.
Old 1st May 2022, 23:06   #2545
BHPian

I took delivery of Kushaq Active Peace this Friday, variant has everything which Active does except the system and speakers. Dealer took an additional 30k and provided music system, 4 speakers, bucket fit seat covers, mats and mud flap.

On road price difference between this and Active variant was approx 1.3L, we bought this for our father who upgraded from Honda Brio and he is very happy with the car. The search for an upgrade began post covid 2nd wave as our very reliable Brio was nearing 10 years. We(me and my brother(another BHPian) had 10L budget in our mind and wanted to give our parents something which has decent height and drives good.

I have a Polo TDI currently and my brother Jeep Compass Diesel, so one can understand how difficult it would have become for us to take a final call for the car. Cars taken into consideration- XUV 300, Kushaq, Taigun, Glanza, Kia Carens and Scross.

We went ahead and booked Kia Carens after seeing the car in showroom but then thought it will be difficult to manoeuvre in traffic. Cancelled Carens and booked Glanza G with 6 airbags keeping reliability in mind. Toyota dealership experience was pretty good and we were happy to see Glanza replacing our Brio but then it was always playing in our mind that we have booked a Baleno which might have issues with build quality. TBH maruti has done a better job this time around, car feels much better when compared to last iteration.

Then on a nice Sunday morning, I saw a video of BHPian Sunderdeep of Skoda Kushaq Active peace. Called my brother and asked him to check if dealership in Ahmedabad has the variant, dealership had 4 cars in stock-3 white and 1 carbon steel. Though are budget was a strict 10L we discussed and checked on our financials along with the pros and cons. Since we had already owned VAG cars earlier, we knew what we were getting. I had driven the 1L in the Polo and man that car is a stunner, so whats the negative then, lets book this my brother said. I was a bit worried if something happens to Kushaq as many have reported in the earlier versions it would be difficult for our father to manage all those useless visits to Skoda service center. Reliability was a concern we both agreed upon but then Skoda dealership experience was very good and the TD sealed the deal. Father liked Kushaq among all the cars we had shown till date so we were ready to take the risk. My Polo experience till date has been very good, car has done 1.6L Kms in 10 years with no major issues.

If you are still reading that means you would be happy seeing some pics .
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-photo20220429130924.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-photo20220429122738.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-pic1.jpg  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (19) Thanks
Old 1st May 2022, 23:25   #2546
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
It is also not clear if the Active Peace receives the safety features such as ESC, traction control, EBD etc l. that the Active comes with. I am surprised they are selling this variant without publicising the full spec sheet.
Gets everything that the active gets minus the sound system and screen.
acquillew is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 01:33   #2547
BHPian

Is this Active Peace variant good enough for the hill drives in broken tarmac to no tarmac condition? No off-roading is intended.

During my recent trips, I could see few kushaqs on the roads of chopta and Pangot. But these roads are easier than the real fun of Spiti or Ladakh. I didn't get any chance to ask the owners whether those were 1.0 or 1.5 litre variants and how they find the performance.
Kushaq looks like a small but very sober and smart car in the mountains. I find it's dimensions and footprint tight and compact for those challenging roads.

Whether the Turbo petrol engines face any problem/ drop in performance due to low oxygen levels beyond 3500 meters altitude?

Whether the Active Peace variant is available only with MT or the TC AT is available for 1.0 litre engine?
Old 2nd May 2022, 07:18   #2548
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Is this Active Peace variant good enough for the hill drives in broken tarmac to no tarmac condition? No off-roading is intended.

During my recent trips, I could see few kushaqs on the roads of chopta and Pangot. But these roads are easier than the real fun of Spiti or Ladakh. I didn't get any chance to ask the owners whether those were 1.0 or 1.5 litre variants and how they find the performance.
Kushaq looks like a small but very sober and smart car in the mountains. I find it's dimensions and footprint tight and compact for those challenging roads.

Whether the Turbo petrol engines face any problem/ drop in performance due to low oxygen levels beyond 3500 meters altitude?
Driven about 200 km on plains so can't answer about the hill drive. But yes, there is enough power to take you anywhere. A quick tap on the pedal can help you overtake bigger cars too. Going by what I observed for in gear acceleration too, I think you should be able to take the car anywhere. Can't say how comfortable the car will be specifically in Spiti though with big stones on the road. One point to note is that the Active Peace doesn't get Hill assist.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RijuC View Post
Whether the Active Peace variant is available only with MT or the TC AT is available for 1.0 litre engine?
The Active Peace variant comes with MT. There is an option for AT with the 1.0 but the Active Peace doesn't get this gearbox.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84.monsoon View Post
Interestingly, this variant is not even mentioned in the Skoda India website or in the brochure. This must be a really temporary move to clear excess stocks. Does anyone know which colours the Active Peace is available in?

It would form a great entry point for someone who wants good power, loves to drive and wants a slightly bigger vehicle than the premium hatchbacks available in this price range from Hyundai and Maruti.

Comes in all colors I believe. I know because when I bought color options were White, Dark Grey, Honey Orange, etc. You are correct that there is limited stock available for this variant.

Last edited by vb-saan : 2nd May 2022 at 14:12. Reason: Back-to-back posts merged. Please use the EDIT or QUOTE+ (multi-quote) button instead of typing one post after another.
acquillew is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 11:57   #2549
BHPian

Skoda has hiked the price of Kushaq to mind boggling levels. The 1.5 DSG now costs 18.79 lacs. Attaching the new price list in Bangalore.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20220502115645.png  

abhishek_hch is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 2nd May 2022, 12:45   #2550
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
Skoda has hiked the price of Kushaq to mind boggling levels. The 1.5 DSG now costs 18.79 lacs. Attaching the new price list in Bangalore.
Just insane how the prices are going up. Same can be expected for Slavia some time soon and Virtus may actually launch with this hike already. It is unclear how long it will take the prices to settle down and confusing times someone (like me) looking to upgrade soon.

Last edited by stringbh : 2nd May 2022 at 12:48.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks