Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th July 2021, 14:54   #1036
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
I am not able to remove eyes from this pic of my car. Isn't she beautiful? Tell me what to name her.
She is a beauty indeed Wishing you many happy miles and a pleasant ownership. Do pen down a separate review.

Are those drummers hired by you or the showroom ? Never seen such a delivery before. Anyways the occasion calls for it. After all it is the emperor isn't it !
TrackDay is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 16:55   #1037
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
Are those drummers hired by you ?
Come on don't embarrass him!

Most probably his car is one of the first deliveries by the dealer and they hired those drummers.

Last edited by Latheesh : 14th July 2021 at 16:58.
Latheesh is online now   (6) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 17:05   #1038
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrackDay View Post
She is a beauty indeed Wishing you many happy miles and a pleasant ownership. Do pen down a separate review.

Are those drummers hired by you or the showroom ? Never seen such a delivery before. Anyways the occasion calls for it. After all it is the emperor isn't it !
Ofcourse not hired by me but as Latheesh said hired by dealer, it was not the first delivery, dealer the same with other deliveries on first day (12th). They are not doing this now.

Dealer called me today for installation of tracking device. It is using Jio.
Skoda Kushaq Review-jio_connect1.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-jio_connect.jpg

Look at beauty again
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-mycar.jpg  

Last edited by maverickNerd : 14th July 2021 at 17:07.
maverickNerd is offline   (25) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 17:18   #1039
BHPian

Quote:
I am not able to remove eyes from this pic of my car. Isn't she beautiful? Tell me what to name her.
What a beauty !!! Congratulations on your purchase. Keep updating us with a your drive experience
Old 14th July 2021, 17:39   #1040
BHPian

Quote:

Congrats MaverickNerd! It definitely is a looker. Love the rain on car, makes it super pleasing on the eye.

Quick question: what is the tracking device for? telematics and MySkoda app ? Just trying to understand usage/benefits vs. privacy concerns. And i ask this with full knowledge that privacy is a myth

Congrats once again and wish you many memorable miles with this beauty
Old 14th July 2021, 18:14   #1041
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VT-RNS View Post
Congrats MaverickNerd! It definitely is a looker. Love the rain on car, makes it super pleasing on the eye.

Quick question: what is the tracking device for? telematics and MySkoda app ? Just trying to understand usage/benefits vs. privacy concerns. And i ask this with full knowledge that privacy is a myth

Congrats once again and wish you many memorable miles with this beauty
Yes sadly privacy is a myth in India, you go for vaccination, they openly take your phone number, aadhaar number on a paper which already contains everyone else's number too. Nevermind, there are many other issues in our country before privacy.

Device is for geofencing, and tracking your vehicle in "My Skoda Connect" app, I can see my trip from showroom to my home now in it, with map and speed on individual path and driving behavior. I can also see vehicle speed , coolant temp, battery status, rpm meter on the home page of app. It also shows what is the last location of your vehicle before ignition gets off.

Fencing is of two types, Geofencing(where you draw some surface on the map and if your vehicle cross that part, it should give you a notification in app), other is time fence(where you can put a range of dates with time and draw a path on map , and if vehicle cross that path with in the time you defined, it notifies again), I made some tests paths for geofencing as well as time fencing, will update once I move my vehicle outside of fence. She is resting now.
maverickNerd is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 18:33   #1042
BHPian

Quote:

Congratulations!!! Could you please confirm what is the free period for the mySkoda app subscription and what’s the cost after the free period is over?

Also is there a daily/monthly limit on the data usage on the connected car feature?
Old 14th July 2021, 19:07   #1043
BHPian

Quote:

Fencing is of two types, Geofencing(where you draw some surface on the map and if your vehicle cross that part, it should give you a notification in app), other is time fence(where you can put a range of dates with time and draw a path on map , and if vehicle cross that path with in the time you defined, it notifies again), I made some tests paths for geofencing as well as time fencing, will update once I move my vehicle outside of fence. She is resting now.
Thanks for your reply.

I knew of geo-fencing, but the time-fencing is new to me.

Some good features from a safety standpoint, especially when you have an eager teenage son (post arrival of driving license, ofcourse!), waiting to drive at every possible juncture. I know I was .... though at that time, the locality residents worked as geo-fencing & time-fencing mechanism

Let the Emperor rest, must get ready for the many excursions. Enjoy !!
VT-RNS is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 19:10   #1044
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ranjitht87 View Post
I am planning to upgrade from my baleno manual to an automatic sub-compact suv and venue/sonet/nexon are the current top listers. I was a lot interested in Kushaq and was expecting the 1.0L engine to be a competitor to sub compact suvs (offcourse with a decent premium) and the 1.5L engine to compete against creta/seltos.
Unfortunately the on road price of Kushaq ambition 1.0L TC in Bangalore is almost 3.5 - 4.5Lakhs more than the trims i have shortlisted from venue/sonet/nexon.
The Kushaq can never match the price of sub compact vehicles due to the lesser/more tax on below/above 4000 mm long cars respectively. It is on a higher tax bracket as prescribed by the GoI. So not a fair comparison with respect to price vs category
Old 14th July 2021, 19:12   #1045
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
Congratulations!!! Could you please confirm what is the free period for the mySkoda app subscription and what’s the cost after the free period is over?

Also is there a daily/monthly limit on the data usage on the connected car feature?
Dealer quoted with hardly any confidence 5 years free. I have no idea apart from that. I don't think there is any daily/monthly limit, it should not take much data ofcourse looking at the functionality it offers.
maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 21:06   #1046
Senior - BHPian

Saw two Kushaqs Back-to-back on our streets. One white, and another in Black. Both had great street presence (Was tempted). I didnt know deliveries have started. Guess the car is doing very well. Good luck Skoda
Old 14th July 2021, 21:29   #1047
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KapilD View Post
The Kushaq can never match the price of sub compact vehicles due to the lesser/more tax on below/above 4000 mm long cars respectively. It is on a higher tax bracket as prescribed by the GoI. So not a fair comparison with respect to price vs category
Completely agree to you on the tax part.
But as i said, i was expecting the mid variant 1.0L kushaq AT to be at a good premium(1.5-2L) over the top end nexon/venue AT considering the higher tax rates.

Also, the mid variant AT (Ambition/onyx) of skoda Rapid with same engine and transmission as kushaq is almost same price as the top end nexon/venue and Rapid too falls under 4000mm+ tax bracket.

I was too optimistic of having kushaq 1.0L within my budget, more because of the way skoda marketed it before the launch.
Old 14th July 2021, 21:31   #1048
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebring View Post
Saw two Kushaqs Back-to-back on our streets. One white, and another in Black. Both had great street presence (Was tempted). I didnt know deliveries have started. Guess the car is doing very well. Good luck Skoda
In BLR, deliveries has started from Monday - 12th Jul onwards...it does look quite pleasing and far better in my humble opinion to the Kia / Cretas that have been flodding the streets
roadwarrior is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 21:37   #1049
BHPian

Extended warranty for 5th and 6th year costs Rs. 29,499 and 4 year service maintenance plan is Rs. 24,999. Dealer ratelist shows this rate.

But website shows extended warranty without gst as 24999, does anyone knows how much is the GST on service?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-screenshot_20210714214055.png  

Last edited by maverickNerd : 14th July 2021 at 21:42. Reason: More info added
maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th July 2021, 22:28   #1050
BANNED

Quote:
But website shows extended warranty without gst as 24999, does anyone knows how much is the GST on service?
GST on service(and labour) is charged at 18 percent.
agambhandari is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks