Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd July 2021, 16:34   #1141

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
One thing is certain, you can always get a better car if you keep increasing 2-3 lakhs from the top model of one car to other. Compass is a better car, no doubt, but then you are paying more cost for a base variant.

Example: In my city, Compass Sports MT variant costs around 21 lakhs and for Kushaq 1l MT, I paid 17.5 with extended warranty and insurance. So there is still a huge different, and if I keep increasing that way, even there are better cars than compass as well.

Example: Compass top model + 3 lakhs, you can get endeavour, superb, tiguan and many others.

It is all about what car is fitting you in your budget and what are your instincts about it.
This is so true, I started with Kiger, moved to Sonet, moved to Compass and now have come one down to Kushaq. The "lets spend the 1-2 L extra" takes you down a rabbit hole. The compass is so reachable in its base trim, but I think if you are buying the compass, you go the whole 9 yards and get the limited(o). Again this is how I am convicing or rather stopping myself from spending more
sreenath13 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 21:28   #1142
BHPian

Facing a strange issue. Haven’t been able to connect to android auto since the time of delivery and now the rear camera has stopped working. Any owners facing similar issues or knows if I’ve switched off any settings by mistake?
Old 24th July 2021, 21:38   #1143
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_ro View Post
Facing a strange issue. Haven’t been able to connect to android auto since the time of delivery and now the rear camera has stopped working. Any owners facing similar issues or knows if I’ve switched off any settings by mistake?
Did you try doing a hard reset? It should fix the issue, but if it doesn't then a dealer visit beckons I'm afraid!
Old 24th July 2021, 21:43   #1144
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
Did you try doing a hard reset? It should fix the issue, but if it doesn't then a dealer visit beckons I'm afraid!
Any idea how this can be done on the Kushaq? There are no physical buttons that I can recall.
Old 24th July 2021, 22:16   #1145
BHPian

Quote:
Any idea how this can be done on the Kushaq? There are no physical buttons that I can recall.
I believe it should be similar to doing a factory reset on the phone. Settings -> options -> Reboot/Reset. Check your car manual to see the procedure in case of difficulty.
Old 24th July 2021, 22:22   #1146
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitkel View Post
I believe it should be similar to doing a factory reset on the phone. Settings -> options -> Reboot/Reset. Check your car manual to see the procedure in case of difficulty.
Didn’t work. Did a factory reset and still the same. I’m kinda regretting my impulse buying decision already. Have raised a complaint with Skoda and now waiting for Monday to get a call from the SC. The back button and the settings button were blinking between orange and white when I started the car just now. Looks like mine is gonna be the first Kushaq in the Pre-owned car market if I have to claim warranty on anything 😂
varun_ro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 22:34   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Didn’t work. Did a factory reset and still the same. I’m kinda regretting my impulse buying decision already. Have raised a complaint with Skoda and now waiting for Monday to get a call from the SC. The back button and the settings button were blinking between orange and white when I started the car just now. Looks like mine is gonna be the first Kushaq in the Pre-owned car market if I have to claim warranty on anything 😂
I only hope that the service folks are trained to deal with it. Or else your car might become a test piece for them leading to unnecessary fiddling. I'd hate that on a brand new car! Still, don't give up on the car just yet!
nitkel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th July 2021, 23:49   #1148
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Looks like mine is gonna be the first Kushaq in the Pre-owned car market if I have to claim warranty on anything ��
That credit goes to this gentleman from Mysuru, I guess - http://www.olx.in/item/need-a-exchan...iid-1645991382

On a serious note, any brand new product will have a few niggles. Kushaq being the first of the heavily localized VW group cars, there may be a few more than usual. But hopefully the company will act responsible and sort it all out soon.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 24th July 2021 at 23:51.
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 09:41   #1149
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
That credit goes to this gentleman from Mysuru, I guess - http://www.olx.in/item/need-a-exchan...iid-1645991382

On a serious note, any brand new product will have a few niggles. Kushaq being the first of the heavily localized VW group cars, there may be a few more than usual. But hopefully the company will act responsible and sort it all out soon.
Interesting!! Evidently, not the type of buyer who believes in researching his purchase.

If he knew what his requirement is (in and around forests etc.), don't see how the Kushaq was ever expected to do that part! Surprised (or maybe not!) that he still has the Creta (with an extra 2 mm, which am sure he doesn't realise) in his list.

Hope he gets to know, sooner than later, that he should be looking at the Duster 4X4 or any other, like the Thar.

Anyway, he should thank the Kushaq for, at least, some publicity he has got himself
RPM1706 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 10:01   #1150
BHPian

Quote:
It may be one of instance as I could connect to wireless Apple car play in test drive car yesterday. I have driven on broken roads and roads filled with potholes. But didn’t experience any connection issues.

On the other side, AC performance with 4 people on board is mediocre. With AC temp set to 23 and car being parked under the sun, it took some time to cool the cabin, certainly this is no match to ecosport AC performance. With turbo lag, city driving with full load will be a pain. Since I do frequent frequent trips with mix of ghat sections I am seriously considering to wait for 1.5 TSI and then take a call.
DragonHawk is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 10:10   #1151
BHPian

Quote:
One of instance happened with me too, there was no sound coming in the songs played when android auto was connected, tried everything, ignition on/off and then suddenly in the middle of journey sound came back

This happened only once. No disconnection happened anytime, I use Pixel. Though I faced some connection issue in Oneplus phone, and I know, most of these issues that android auto gets are related to bugs in android auto itself, made by Google or OS issues, it has no relation with infotainment system mostly. I saw similar issues in Creta/Seltos as well even now people reports them and I saw mostly Pixel phone owners does not report these issues, again signifying my point of phone oem's issues.

These will get fixed in time.
Old 25th July 2021, 12:03   #1152
BHPian

There were a few posts from people keen on a Monte Carlo variant of the Kushaq. Since Skoda has not announced anything on the same, I have cobbled one up myself.

Name:  Kushaq Monte Carlo.png
Views: 3484
Size:  308.2 KB

You could either wait for Skoda to launch it (pure speculation, may or may not happen) or you could simple buy an existing Kushaq in Tornado Red (my preference), black out all the chrome bits and ORVMs, get a set of Stratos wheels (though I liked the machine-finished Clubbers better) and you're good to go!
TheGearBox is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 12:49   #1153
BHPian

Just spent a nice morning TDing the 1.0 Kushaq manual and a L&K Octavia

Kushaq:
+ Skoda has nailed the ride. It's firm but compliant enough not to get jarred around even on the 17" rims
+ The 3 cylinder is a peach. Nothing much below 1800rpm, but above that it pulls nicely with a smile inducing 3 cylinder thrum
+ The driving position is nice, and the view out is much better than my Swift or Linea
+ Plenty of space at the back for a 6 footer with my driving position set for a 6 footer
+ Rear seat is also pretty comfortable with a nicely angled backrest
+ Lovely little fresh air intake tucked below the hood edge
+ Underbody is nice and clean with no wires and cables hanging around

- Roof liner isn't the best and flexes easily when pressed
- IMHO the dash looks busy and I think the main reason is just too many materials/textures/colors used.
- All the creases and steps will be a nightmare to keep clean, and the dash on the TD car was already building up dirt around these edges
- Quality the plastics may not be old school Skoda but were acceptable except for the window controls which looked cheaper than my first gen Swift, and shamefully not back-lit on a 16+ lakh car!
- The quality of the leather on the seats could have been better as could the stitching.
- Sliding my finger along the AC controls to control temperature or fan speed was irritating because it just wouldn't do what I wanted it to do
- No underbody protection, not even an option one can buy!
- Clutch bite point is very high and not very progressive. Could be a major issue on a slope for an inexperienced driver
- Gearshifts are positive but it doesn't like to be hurried. Gears go into place a lot better with a double de-clutch or with a blip of the throttle

Octavia L&K:
+ The Interiors look a lot better in person than in the pics. Its a nice cabin to sit in and the quality of all the touch points is good according to me.
+ The 190 bhp shows, and this car really gets up and hustles in S mode with or without the paddles.
+ Liked the digital instrument cluster

- Unsettled ride compared to the Kushaq, which was also noticed by the sales executive. Checked onboard TPMS which said tyre pressure was OK!
- Wasn't that silent at idle and under acceleration as I thought it would be. I could feel a tingling vibration in the steering wheel. My Tjet is quieter under launch, and my Swift has a better idle.
- Auto hold works nicely in traffic, but one has to use a feather touch on the A pedal to disengage without a jerk.
- The car has very little engine braking even when using the paddles aggressively
- The stalks on the Kushaq felt better to use! The ones on the L&K moved around a lot more and it wasn't play
- Hated the little gear toggle
- I found the side bolstering of the backrest on the drivers seat intrusive, and I'm not big built.

I loved the 3 pot Kushaq, but didn't connect with the Octavia all.

Some Pics of The Kushaq

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq-1l-1.jpg
Lovely Fresh Air Intake

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq-1l-2.jpg
No underbody protection

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq-1l-3.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq-1l-4.jpg
keroo1099 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 14:02   #1154
BHPian

Went to Skoda Chennai Showroom to take a look!

1. Why there's no underbody protection? Is it a big deal? Will it cause any issues in the long run?

2. Looks great but slightly smaller than the Seltos! Interiors are OK but nowhere near the Seltos.

3. MID looks terrible, but one can adjust to it in some time.

4. Salesperson was trying so hard to justify the reason for not providing 6 airbags and DQ200 issues

5. Is the fuel efficiency better in 1L AT over 1.5L DSG? Dealer said ACT will not result in much fuel savings and 1L AT is way better in fuel efficiency.
Old 25th July 2021, 14:07   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
One of instance happened with me too, there was no sound coming in the songs played when android auto was connected, tried everything, ignition on/off and then suddenly in the middle of journey sound came back
Just a note here with regards to android auto. I faced similar issues in Creta wherein there was no music playback sound after attending calls in android auto. I tried several methods but the damn bug persisted despite all efforts. Finally after a lot of fruitless efforts, I got fed up of the same and shifted to iOS and I’ve been living happily after that.

So, this might be an issue with android system and not necessarily related to Skoda’s infotainment system. Try a different OS and see if issue persists.
sarav100 is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks