Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th July 2021, 16:37   #1156

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_ro View Post
Didn’t work. Did a factory reset and still the same. I’m kinda regretting my impulse buying decision already. Have raised a complaint with Skoda and now waiting for Monday to get a call from the SC. The back button and the settings button were blinking between orange and white when I started the car just now. Looks like mine is gonna be the first Kushaq in the Pre-owned car market if I have to claim warranty on anything 😂

I faced the same issue with my new kushaq. I panicked and regretted my decision to buy the kushaq. It turns out the boot lid was not closed properly
Closed it properly and viola! The rear camera started working perfectly again. The back and home button blinking also stopped.
Hope this helps!
My first post here. Very excited to be here. Teambhp forums helped immensely in deciding between sonet/kushaq/Nexon
ilovemanual is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 19:19   #1157
BHPian

Test drove both the 1.0 "Ambition" & 1.5 "Style" both manual. These were not registered "Maybe customer car's?" and still had tape on a few parts. The 1.0 was just about fine "Compared to my Compass diesel & Seltos diesel" with NVH problems & slowness while overtaking. While the 1.5 was the real deal much better than my Seltos diesel in all aspects. The 1.5 was also better in NVH and feel and strangely enough average than the 1.0, I kid you not the MID showed higher avg for the 1.5 than the 1.0

EDIT: Forgot to add the boot is smaller than the Seltos "Don't believe the hype". Don't get me wrong the boot is very usable unlike the one in XUV300 but it's physically smaller than the Seltos.

Last edited by ajaiD : 25th July 2021 at 19:24. Reason: Boot Space
Old 25th July 2021, 20:06   #1158
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
- Quality the plastics may not be old school Skoda but were acceptable except for the window controls which looked cheaper than my first gen Swift, and shamefully not back-lit on a 16+ lakh car!

- No underbody protection, not even an option one can buy!
All the buttons are backlit and it does has underbody protection, not complete, but you can check my earlier posts for the kind of protection that is given. Some showroom cars which came earlier might be missing it, but not customer cars.
maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 20:10   #1159
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
All the buttons are backlit and it does has underbody protection, not complete, but you can check my earlier posts for the kind of protection that is given. Some showroom cars which came earlier might be missing it, but not customer cars.
If that's the case the sales executive needs to go back to 101 Kushaq training.
Old 25th July 2021, 20:36   #1160
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by keroo1099 View Post
If that's the case the sales executive needs to go back to 101 Kushaq training.
Yeah even when I visited first to see car in showroom, sales exec told me that ambient light in Octavia is at dashboard but kushaq has at doors. , though I gave him a lesson on it. So yeah they need to educate themselves.
Old 25th July 2021, 20:48   #1161
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
If you are referring to these posts (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5094347 (Skoda Kushaq Review)), that is not really what is referred to as underbody protection buddy! Vidyut and Jaggu has already explained that.

Not able to find other posts from you on this. If your car has it, will be great if you can share the pics. Just open the engine bay and see if you can see the ground below, or if the bottom portion of the bay has a metal or plastic shield protecting it from harm. Would be great if you can also note if it's a metal or plastic shield?

For example - this is what the Kodiaq looks like if you peep under the engine bay.

Skoda Kushaq Review-164949.jpg

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 26th July 2021 at 21:17. Reason: Inserted image inline.
Old 25th July 2021, 20:58   #1162
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
If you are referring to these posts (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offic...ml#post5094347 (Skoda Kushaq Review)), that is not really what is referred to as underbody protection buddy! Vidyut and Jaggu has already explained that.
I think Jaggu and vidyut said that it is partially protected, I referred to that only and then at other portions heat shield, but the above pics were not even having that. Don't get me wrong, I know it is not fully protected like kodiaq or even seltos.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 25th July 2021 at 23:11. Reason: Removed image from quoted portion and shortened quote. Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 21:20   #1163
BHPian

Went back again to the neighbourhood Skoda showroom with the wife and we checked out the Kushaq.

On the interior quality, I remember seeing a few posts that said that Rapid has better plastics inside the cabin, that clearly didn't appear to be the case. It isn't as plush as the Octavia but I would say not even a deal breaker if you have set your sight on the car. For me who drives a 2012 Figo as on date, it looked even better!

Tried sitting with three people on the rear bench - me, my wife & a sales lady. While both of us are marginally on the higher side of ideal BMI, the sales lady was on the thinner side. I am 5'9" while my wife's is 5'5". Things were not very comfortable but not very tight either. We had just about enough shoulder room. The knee room was excellent, headroom was good. The seat contours were causing problems from all seats though.

On the driving front, with one lane demarcated for buses on Bangalore ORR, there isn't much space left to do or drive much. There was a turbo lag till 1800-1900, after which the car seemed to pull well. But did not feel as if the engine was really fast. The ride quality was very good and all the undulation on this road that we feel quite strongly in our Figo were absorbed rather well. The steering weighs up well at high speeds and inspires confidence. The bonnet is quite visible from the drivers seating position. The car does seem to have been built on a sturdy platform and one can feel it on the drive. The car also has a strong creep which should be of real help in the infamous Bangalore traffic.

All in all, the 1.0 which we were eyeing still remains firmly in our consideration set. Considering both the engine and the gearbox are manufactured locally, I expect it to be easier to look after than 1.5 where both are perhaps imported. However will definitely drive the 1.5 DSG before deciding finally and look forward to it landing in the showrooms!
abhishek_hch is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th July 2021, 22:21   #1164
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajaiD View Post
EDIT: Forgot to add the boot is smaller than the Seltos "Don't believe the hype". Don't get me wrong the boot is very usable unlike the one in XUV300 but it's physically smaller than the Seltos.
The boot on the Seltos is definitely longer, but with the parcel tray on, usable boot space is limited especially when you start stacking luggage on top of each other.

With the Kushaq, the depth available with parcel tray on is much more usable than Seltos.

With the parcel tray off, Seltos wins the boot space round easily.

Saw the Kushaq today in the new DT Mega mall showroom in Gurgaon. It seems to check all the right practicality boxes for me since we will rarely have more than 4 people in the car together. My brief is simple - I need an upgrade for my Polo TSI which gives me better back seat space , a more modern interior , and retains the solidity , turbo thrills and assured driving dynamics . All of this within 15lakhs ex showroom.

With practicality out of the way, looking for feedback from the forum on driveability of the Kushaq 1.0 AT Vs the erstwhile 1.2 GT TSI .

And before anyone mentions lag on 1.0 , I would like to call out that the 1.2 TSI has lag as well , especially at a critical spot around 65-70 in D7

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 25th July 2021 at 23:29. Reason: Merged back to back posts.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 09:57   #1165
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilovemanual View Post
I faced the same issue with my new kushaq. I panicked and regretted my decision to buy the kushaq. It turns out the boot lid was not closed properly
Closed it properly and viola! The rear camera started working perfectly again. The back and home button blinking also stopped.
Hope this helps!
My first post here. Very excited to be here. Teambhp forums helped immensely in deciding between sonet/kushaq/Nexon
I figured this out last night. The boot showed it isn't closed. Tried a few times and still didn't work. Now at the SC. They're busy slamming the boot shut. Doesn't seem to close it. Will update shortly.
Old 26th July 2021, 13:38   #1166
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_ro View Post
I figured this out last night. The boot showed it isn't closed. Tried a few times and still didn't work. Now at the SC. They're busy slamming the boot shut. Doesn't seem to close it. Will update shortly.

This has been resolved. According to them, the lock sensor had shaken a bit due to an impact, which I am sure never happened. But there's also some chipped paint on the rear bumper. Will need to check the CCTV footage in my society as the car has never been parked outside.

Also, SKODA has been trying really hard to reverse their image with respect to ASS. I got calls from atleast 5 people from Skoda, including head of CS, to make sure all my issues, including Android Auto, have been resolved. Had a very positive experience at the SC.
varun_ro is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 16:12   #1167
BHPian

For any Future buyers looking forward to enjoy wireless Android auto on any Vehicle, here's a heads up to what you will need:
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_20210726_161018.jpg  

varun_ro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 16:16   #1168

Quote:
Originally Posted by curiousnewbie View Post
Similar story. Went ahead with Harrier XZA+ DT. Should get it by this Friday. Maybe I’ll buy a ŠKODA EV in the future.
Online booking amount gets credited to dealer’s account. JMD ŠKODA (Thane) confirmed that and the dealer will issue the cheque for refund.
Thanks for your input. I discussed with the dealer here, and now the booking amount has been refunded. Wishing you many happy miles with your Harrier!
vbd316 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 21:16   #1169
Team-BHP Support

Few pictures of the Kushaq Active in Tornado red, that we saw at the showroom today.

Skoda Kushaq Review-20210726_160948_2400.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-20210726_161008_2400.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-20210726_160256_2400.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-20210726_161050_2400.jpg
CrAzY dRiVeR is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 26th July 2021, 21:26   #1170
Senior - BHPian

Biggest miss in Kushaq Active is rear defogger.
Another thing I did not like is the stupid looking touch screen infotainment. I was expecting bit better looking unit like the one below (from Kamiq Active). It is same size but much better looking than the plastic slab we get in Kushaq Active.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq1.jpg  

Latheesh is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks