Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th July 2021, 07:11   #1186
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by JishD View Post
Planning to buy the Kushaq 1.0 AT in the next few weeks - however am thoroughly confused whether to buy the Ambition or the Style variant. There is a difference of about 2L onroad and I don't really need the sunroof.
The alloys on the Ambition are very plain Jane , so I would end up spending around 40k for an upgrade.

Question is - does the interior trim , kessy, auto irvm, ventilated seats add much value to justify the additional outlay ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by krishnakumar View Post
That's not even the main difference in my opinion. At least Carwale website shows that the Style gets 6 airbags and hill hold confrol as well.

I'd personally place the 6 airbags and ventilated seats quite high. These are not mods I can do aftermarket and hence if they are important, it's worth paying the premium.

Kessy, sunroof, auto headlamps etc are just additional luxuries that you can easily live without.
JishD mentioned he is going for AT. Only the MT variants come with 6 Airbags as of now. AT has only 2 Airbags in all the variants.
arif_t01 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 11:54   #1187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arif_t01 View Post
JishD mentioned he is going for AT. Only the MT variants come with 6 Airbags as of now. AT has only 2 Airbags in all the variants.
That is correct - I do not gain anything from a safety perspective since both Ambition and Style have 2 airbags.

As it stands , the only gains I see are the ventilated seats , alloys , auto IRVM, rear LED lights. My current Polo alloys (Momo revenge) are a direct fit, so I can swap them out. I don't like the leatherette seats on the Style. And the chrome trims on the outside are more a negative than a positive.

I love ventilated seats , and auto IRVM is a boon - but finding it hard to justify paying additional 2L for just these two features.
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 13:55   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Zac Hollis test drove Kushaq and picks 1.0-litre TSI Automatic as his favourite.

Skoda Kushaq Review-smartselect_20210730135320_twitter.jpg

Official mileage figures of 1.5-litre TSI will be revealed soon

Skoda Kushaq Review-smartselect_20210730135331_twitter.jpg

Link

Last edited by Venkatesh : 30th July 2021 at 13:56.
Venkatesh is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 14:31   #1189
BHPian

Quote:
I love ventilated seats , and auto IRVM is a boon - but finding it hard to justify paying additional 2L for just these two features.
Hi Jish,

While am not looking at buying the car now, I am in the market next year and Kushaq has been top of the list.

Since the launch of the variants, this dilemma has been haunting me too.

I am thinking of it in two ways:
1) Location & weather:
Mumbai: Heat & humidity throughout the year. Thus, for me, ventilated seats can be a major benefit.
Gurgaon/Delhi: extreme heat, though you still have some form of spring & autumn when its usually pleasant (based on my trip to hometown in NCR). I am guessing you'll also benefit from it, objectively.

2) Amount of driving:
For me, I don't need a car for daily drive. atleast not based on current usage.
This is a major factor on why am considering the extra 2L for ventilated seats (the major feature i see in Style).

If you are driving daily, and have a good running, then maybe consider it as the benefit far outweights the cost (in my opinion).

To be honest, if my usage is for daily drives, esp in Mumbai's crazy traffic, then I would not mind paying the extra 2L as I see the cost distributed over atleast 5 years (if not more) and that starts to make sense.

Good luck mate, and keep us posted!
VT-RNS is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 16:33   #1190
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
Here is the details of Maintenance plan.
Congratulations and hope you are mile munching with the Kushaq.

Does the service book or owners manual, have the maintenance schedule printed within its pages? If so, can you please share the same? It would be very informative to know what one can expect if one were not to go with any of the packages.
Old 30th July 2021, 16:49   #1191
BHPian

Accessory brochure with prices for Skoda Kushaq.

Suede seat cover options for the first time for Alcantara lovers - at a price.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Skoda Accessories Brochure 2021_July 16.pdf (6.63 MB, 2100 views)
JishD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 16:55   #1192
BHPian

Why haven't Skoda updated the service cost of the Kushaq on their website? Even the new Octavia's service cost is there.
Old 30th July 2021, 18:46   #1193
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venkatesh View Post
Zac Hollis test drove Kushaq and picks 1.0-litre TSI Automatic as his favourite.
He knows where his volume will come from.

Or may be a subtle hint on something not right with 1.5. Why would a top honcho openly state his opinion about his own new products like this? Typically, you will expect something like "if someone wants outright performance, 1.5 is the one while 1.0 is a brilliantly packaged product at the given price point covering all bases."

Normally, you have to infer information out of a diplomatic response. A straight yes/no doesn't happen everyday unless there is an underlying realisation.

BTW, all leading journalists have majorly voted to 1.5 being the engine of their choice. So there may be some muddle here.

Last edited by headbanger : 30th July 2021 at 18:50.
headbanger is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 19:00   #1194
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by headbanger View Post
Or may be a subtle hint on something not right with 1.5.
BTW, all leading journalists have majorly voted to 1.5 being the engine of their choice. So there may be some muddle here.
Isnt the 1.5L powertrain and transmission imported? Perhaps they would have capacity issues with this one and hence Zac wants to promote the 1.0TSI. That would also be the reason there is a delay in deliveries of the 1.5TSI. So like a typical salesman, he is trying to sell the variant that they easily have in their hands rather than promoting and increasing the demand for a variant that is more difficult to fulfill.
audioholic is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 19:38   #1195
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
My current Polo alloys (Momo revenge) are a direct fit, so I can swap them out.
Please confirm if the alloys are of 100 mm PCD. I suspect they are of 112.5 mm PCD. If you visit the showroom again, just keep a paper besides the wheel and mark the centre of the bolt head/cap and check the PCD.
Gannu_1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 19:40   #1196
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Isnt the 1.5L powertrain and transmission imported? Perhaps they would have capacity issues with this one and hence Zac wants to promote the 1.0TSI. That would also be the reason there is a delay in deliveries of the 1.5TSI. So like a typical salesman, he is trying to sell the variant that they easily have in their hands rather than promoting and increasing the demand for a variant that is more difficult to fulfill.
Agreed. They have already placed it at higher price point and only in limited trims. Right?

My point is that such comments coming from Zac, even if he wants to promote 1.0L, may end up doing more harm than good overall. Why have 1.5L in the product to start with? Just make it exclusive, the message gets passed on to the consumers.

What good does it do to Kushaq as a product by praising one variant over the other when the other variant has not even seen the market? If the effort was to divert more demand to 1.0L, it was a lame one in my humble opinion. Pricing /variant distribution is the way to achieve all of that, not the top guy to come and share his opinion openly by glorifying one engine over the other.

Kia didn't say that they had a constraint on an engine or a specific variant of Sonet. They placed automatics in two variants and should a consumer want the top variant, that was placed at a significant premium. Either ways, Kia wins, irrespective of what engine and variant customer want.

If Skoda has constraints on 1.5L,price that higher and make outright profits. Why do a passive negative marketing for your own product?

Last edited by headbanger : 30th July 2021 at 19:47.
Old 30th July 2021, 20:54   #1197

Quote:
Agreed. They have already placed it at higher price point and only in limited trims. Right?

My point is that such comments coming from Zac, even if he wants to promote 1.0L, may end up doing more harm than good overall. Why have 1.5L in the product to start with? Just make it exclusive, the message gets passed on to the consumers.

What good does it do to Kushaq as a product by praising one variant over the other when the other variant has not even seen the market? If the effort was to divert more demand to 1.0L, it was a lame one in my humble opinion. Pricing /variant distribution is the way to achieve all of that, not the top guy to come and share his opinion openly by glorifying one engine over the other.

Kia didn't say that they had a constraint on an engine or a specific variant of Sonet. They placed automatics in two variants and should a consumer want the top variant, that was placed at a significant premium. Either ways, Kia wins, irrespective of what engine and variant customer want.

If Skoda has constraints on 1.5L,price that higher and make outright profits. Why do a passive negative marketing for your own product?

Hi,

First post here. Have followed the forum closely over the last couple of months. I have booked the 1.5 Manual and will take a call post TD.

It could also be the other way round right? That 1.0 AT gives the best profitability. They dint want to price the 1.5 above the Korean siblings and hence can't go beyond the current declared price. Also, maybe a reason why no 6 airbags in 1.5 AT as the imported config doesn't suit their margins.
AB84 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 21:07   #1198
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
My point is that such comments coming from Zac, even if he wants to promote 1.0L, may end up doing more harm than good overall. Why have 1.5L in the product to start with?
Well, all he said was his pick of the lot, and the reason for it. Nothing more than that which would go against the 1.5L or DSG. Working with Germans in the automotive sector, I have observed that they are very frank and stick to their opinion when it comes to making a choice. Same applies to many other Europeans and very much unlike Americans who like to passionately market their products and altering their personal opinion in favour of the product portfolio. So just because 1.5DSG is the top of the line variant, it doesnt mean Zac would have to say that its his favorite or thats the best.

It can also be the other way around, where as I said he could have made that statement to favour their production plan. Hence, I dont find it unnatural for a person like him to state his favourite choice which neednt be the top of the line version no matter what the reason is. If someone wants to relate that to some potential issue in 1.5 DSG or assumes it is negative marketing, then all I can say is there is no limit to ones imagination.
audioholic is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 30th July 2021, 21:08   #1199
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AB84 View Post
Hi,

First post here. Have followed the forum closely over the last couple of months. I have booked the 1.5 Manual and will take a call post TD.

It could also be the other way round right? That 1.0 AT gives the best profitability. They dint want to price the 1.5 above the Korean siblings and hence can't go beyond the current declared price. Also, maybe a reason why no 6 airbags in 1.5 AT as the imported config doesn't suit their margins.
Congrats on the booking. Looking forward to your car delivery experience and an ownership review.

I will be really surprised if Skoda has constraints on 1.5L engine and still they want to match Korean duo priceline. If they are doing so, what exactly are they trying to achieve? Skoda doesn't want to sell much of 1.5s and they also want to challenge Korean duo on price. Confusing, isn't it?
Old 30th July 2021, 21:26   #1200
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
It can also be the other way around, where as I said he could have made that statement to favour their production plan. Hence, I dont find it unnatural for a person like him to state his favourite choice which neednt be the top of the line version no matter what the reason is. If someone wants to relate that to some potential issue in 1.5 DSG or assumes it is negative marketing, then all I can say is there is no limit to ones imagination.
Let's agree to disagree Sir!!!

I will be all ears for frank and fair opinions of other German brands top honchos for their own products, not withstanding the yet to be launched ones.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks