Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 14:05   #286
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Last year -

Volkswagen TROC launched at 19.99 lakhs.
1.5 TSi EVO DSG

Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI DSG - 17.59 lakhs
95% localization! Mass Market.
Well the T ROC is still around @₹21.5 lakhs. If you get any discounts on it, I do agree it offers much better value than the Kushaq.

The more I think of it, the more inexplicable the omission of 6 Airbags and TPMS on the Kushaq ATs seems. Unless they wanted to keep space for selling the imported T ROCs. Or preserve the top end space for the Taigun at say ₹18.5 l with 6 air bags.
Hayek is online now   (11) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:11   #287
BHPian

Pricing is one thing which is definitely on the higher side but lack of extra airbags and other features in automatics makes this car a non starter.

Its an Urban SUV (Or tall hatchback) where Automatics rule and a person who eventually buys a soda wants it all. The lack of safety pack for the automatics will drive away any potential customer. I was looking at it and was ok to pay 20 odd lacs for 1.5 DSG but I am for sure not buying an unsafe car.

It's either Seltos or Creta or the upcoming MG in the same segment.
Old 28th June 2021, 14:15   #288
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikanthmadhava View Post

Oh my god!! This gives another opportunity for Hyundai to jack up prices. Tough competition for that 'overpriced' crown.
This is my biggest concern now, as I am expecting delivery of my Creta SXO Diesel Automatic soon.

Already the dealers are laughing to bank by dictating terms on extended warranty, charging premium with insurance etc. The attitude is either take it based on our terms or leave, as we have customers waiting in queue ready to pay premium. I was hoping Kushaq/ Taigun launch would bring some humility to the dealers. They must be relieved and happy today.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 28th June 2021 at 14:29.
PatienceWins is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:16   #289
BHPian

Oh good god.. what just happened?

1.5L TSI engine and only MT gets 6 airbags, the DSG one gets 2 airbags because its government regulation, otherwise they would have skipped that part too.

The intention is very clear, they want to milk the "Fans" by charging ridiculous amount by giving as less as possible. (2 airbags, missing Tire pressure monitoring system and whole lot of missing features compared to competition etc..)

They will then send the top end MT version for safety testing and call it a 4* car. edit: looks like Skoda cant choose the model for testing, I stand corrected on this.

I feel sorry for the fans, more importantly I feel really sorry for the dealers. I never thought I will say this about Skoda dealers. The other way to look at this is, this is payback by Skoda to the dealers for screwing up the brand image all these years.

Last edited by SBM3J : 28th June 2021 at 14:36. Reason: fact checked
SBM3J is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:17   #290
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazmaan View Post
The lack of safety pack for the automatics will drive away any potential customer. I was looking at it and was ok to pay 20 odd lacs for 1.5 DSG but I am for sure not buying an unsafe car.

It's either Seltos or Creta or the upcoming MG in the same segment.
Very odd that you are discounting the Kushaq for safety concerns yet talking about considering a Creta/Seltos in the same breath
maxratul is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:23   #291
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
After confirming that the AT does not get the 6 airbags and only gets 2 airbags this is now the one and only deal breaker.
Had to read that twice when I saw the variant-features list. So much for harping about safety. The EcoSport AT, at half a million rupees less, appears better kitted, although the two cars are by no means competitors.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
This year -

Skoda Kushaq 1.5 TSI DSG - 17.59 lakhs
95% localization! Mass Market. Do or die product.
No digital cluster
No panoramic sunroof
No side and curtain airbags
No TPMS
Poorer materials/ finish.
Poorer materials too, really!? I thought if there was one thing that could be taken for granted, that would be solid build, fit and finish!
pannags is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:25   #292
BHPian

Just booked Sonet GTX plus diesel AT!

Just in case Skoda is reading this thread.
Col Mehta is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:26   #293
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SBM3J View Post
They will then send the top end MT version for safety testing and call it a 4* car.
Off topic but it is not Skoda who decides which model to send. Global NCAP does that.

And Global NCAP only selects the variants with the least amount of safety kit on offer.

If and when it is tested it would be a 2 airbag variant only.
Shreyas Agarwal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:33   #294
Senior - BHPian

Nothing wrong with the pricing, it’s in Creta / Seltos range and top end they have undercut too. The cost cutting in few interiors is fine considering the fun to drive element that Kushaq has to offer than Korean siblings. If in the market for this segment I would happily put my money in 1.5 manual in this segment.

But giving 2 airbags for automatic is honestly the worst thing they could have done. Not acceptable mainly from ŠKODA as one of their USP is safety. Hope they correct this and automatics come with 6 airbags soon.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:42   #295
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayek View Post
As for those expecting the Taigun to undercut the Kushaq, at the cost of repeating myself I say, “Which world are you living in?” The Taigun will come in at ₹50 k more than the Kushaq on a like for like basis - the only question is whether features will be different to make the comparison not as stark.
Exactly. Taigun is definitely going to expensive than Kushaq.

Ashish Gupta in Autocar Interview: "VW is premium position brand. The product that VW brings into the market must stay true to that position. If it calls for a slight premium over the competitors or EVEN THE IN-HOUSE COUSINS, we're okay with that"

In every other interview, he keeps saying the word "PREMIUM" and "GERMAN ENGINEERING"

It's very likely Taigun is going to be more expensive with few additional features like Virtual Cockpit!
anto1212 is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:45   #296
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxratul View Post
Very odd that you are discounting the Kushaq for safety concerns yet talking about considering a Creta/Seltos in the same breath
Well its not hard to do it. Just asked for refund on advance for 1.5 TSI DSG. I am Not buying a new car with 2 airbags period. May be they will launch it later but I am not in a position to wait.

It took a lot of effort ignoring Skoda bad service experiences, DSG reliabilities etc and deciding to book the 1.5 DSG. But the 2 airbags is just too much even if it is built like a Tank.
tazmaan is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:45   #297
BHPian

When creta launched. Diesel AT came only in SX+ variant and hence had only two airbags and 16 inch rims. Sx(O) with six air bags and 17inch rims came only in diesel manual and Petrol AT.

But Skoda, are calling high end of both manual and AT as STYLE. but is differently specced. It'll cause confusion to average customers.

Its awesome 1.5L TSi AT Style is priced bang in between Creta (SXO) and Seltos (GTX +).
But to have skimped airbags is plain appalling.
Old 28th June 2021, 14:47   #298
Senior - BHPian

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaqmumbai.png

The similar mistake like the Rapid by over pricing higher variants).
  • For sure, Taigun Comfortline will undercut the Kushaq Ambition pricing. No two ways about this. Ashish should capitalize on Zac's marketing expense, judge the response, and do the right thing.

• It remains interesting to see how will people cross shop between Honda City V and Kushaq Active (City with 30-40k more after some basic table discounts)
    OR
  • How many will pay 2.3 lakhs more for Kushaq MT Ambition over City V MT with almost same features (City maybe a bit more)

• In comparison, in terms of looks; Seltos looks can give a run to 50 lakh cars a run for the money. Kushaq does not stand a chance. Also, the Koreans offer a lot of in terms of features. Its not that Skoda Kushaq is an armored tank. Its decent. The only difference is NCAP rating (not discounting this in any way). Otherwise the Koreans are much better put together and the interiors feel lot more premium, airy, roomy.

Last edited by dipen : 28th June 2021 at 14:52.
dipen is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:49   #299
BHPian

The aggressive strategy - India 2.0. The version has moved ahead from 1.0, but the safety equipment in the highest trim level, that is the automatics, is compromised on and effectively moved backward. This is regressive, unforgiveable, unpardonable & appalling.

The audacity of hope. Who was being more hopeful?

Skoda for thinking that down grading the safety on its highest variants was a first in the Indian auto industry and customers would lap it up.

OR

Potential customers like us who thought that at least the premium ask would be justified by what we thought would be class leading safety or comparable to its competition at the very minimum.

With Ashish Gupta at Volkswagen clearly indicating that the Taigun would be more premium than the Kushaq, are we looking at a T-Roc priced Taigun now? I can't wrap my head around this.
NevGin is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 14:52   #300
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
However, if I were the CEO of Skoda India, I would go for the same kind of pricing. Reason: Skoda's thin dealership network + lack of a diesel + terrible after-sales reputation means the Kushaq was never going to be an 8000 / month car. Now, if you can currently sell just 3000 - 3500 units / month, would you sell a variant at 18.5 lakhs OTR or 20 lakhs (just an example). That additional 1.5 lakhs goes straight to the bottom line. ...
Exactly the discussion I was having with a colleague. Skoda has been very vocal about their sales expectations of 2.5k vehicles per month and given the good product and the fact that this segment has only the Korean's, Skoda is confident they can get away with the premium pricing. No point sitting on a waitlist while they can get more $$ with the capacity they have at the moment.

On another note, I was going through Twitter posts with the #kushaq and it looks like there are a lot of fake posts with exactly the same sentences praising the product and pricing - e.g. "ŠKODA you’ve done it again. What a beauty! Kushaq looks fantastic. The TSI engines are promising, the features extensive and the price is very very wallet friendly."
fiat_tarun is offline   (6) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks