Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2021, 12:25   #241
Senior - BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vid6639 View Post
Would I buy a Seltos, Creta over the Kushaq just for the pano roof, electric seats, 360 camera. Nope. I would prefer the Euro feel, euro brand and engineering vs the Koreans. And most definitely a lot safer car.
Well, Kushaq is not tested yet so the 'safety' is still perceived unlike in case of Seltos. Also the build quality is not something you would expect from a Euro car as per many reviews. Lets hope at least safety is what it scores over Koreans.
neoonwheels is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:25   #242
BHPian

Expensive. Sheer expensive. Not sure what’s going in the minds of skoda/vw. They are competing in a very price sensitive market and without a great oomph factor they thought of pricing kushaq at par with some of the good vehicles. Their own troc is costing 26L on road in Bangalore where as the top end of Kushaq is somewhere near 22L on road.
Personally I think they are kind of overconfident with this and this may heart them in terms of sale numbers. People are still drooling over new creta and likes of me (driving enthusiasts) who still adore Ecosport and harrier will definitely let pass this one, especially no diesel option- degraded mileage.
Mickey1986 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:26   #243
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
What does AQ mean in the table above for Hill Hold Control in Style? Is it AT?
Old 28th June 2021, 12:28   #244
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
What does AQ mean in the table above for Hill Hold Control in Style? Is it AT?
Summing up the difference between style and ambition automatic variants:

1. Alloy Wheels (17" vs 16"), spare (16" vs 15")
2. Door handle (body coloured) with vs without chrome accents
3. Chrome highlights on front bumper air intake vs none
4. Glossy black plastic cover on B & C Pillar vs Mattle black
5. windows & Trunk chrome garnish vs none
6. Chrome dashboard line vs black gloss dashboard line
7. Chrome gear shift stick & handbrake inserts vs plastic
8. Full LED Tail lamps vs LED tail lamp with reflective reflective lamp
9. Auto headlamp & home lights vs none
10. Auto front wiper & auto dimming rear view mirror vs none
11. Anti theft alarm vs none
12. keyless entry vs remote
13. leather upholstery & ventilated seats vs fabric
14. subwoofer (6 speakers for both variants) vs none
15. sunroof vs none
16. wireless charging vs none
17. none vs sunglass holder

I can do without above features. Going for 1.0 TSI ambition AT

Note: comparison between auto variants only
curiousnewbie is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:29   #245
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahilrai166 View Post
Top end Style 1.0AT\1.5 DSG misses out on
Panaromic sunroof
Adaptive guidelines for reverse parking camera
Side airbags
Rear disc brakes
When compared with the Creta SX O 1.5IVT/1.4DCT.
Skoda should have atlest given 6 airbags for the top end automatic variants.
Few more missing compared to Creta SXO:
Electric seat adjustment
Electic parking brake
TPMS in automatic
Digital MID. The analogue MID in Kushaq looks very outdated
As noted in the youtube reviews, the reverse parking camera resolution is very bad.

If they would have given the premiumness in interiors/ basic features like the premium Skoda offerings, the pricing for the top trims would not have appeared so absurd. The mid and top trims, especially the automatic variants without side aribags/ TPMS, is overpriced. The diesel engine, if given, would have given so hope.

Last edited by PatienceWins : 28th June 2021 at 12:41.
PatienceWins is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:31   #246
BHPian

Bangalore OTR price of 1.5 TSI MT cost ₹20.24 lacs!

That's 4 lacs over the Ex showroom price.

Please someone tell me that I'm dreaming.
Karthik.thm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:32   #247
REN
BHPian

Quote:
Buyers of the automatics are in for a rude shock! Only the MT variants get the option of 6 airbags and TPMS!
The old MID and cheap roof liners didn't bother me so much, but this is frankly ridiculous. Potential buyers in the segment now have to choose between a 3-Star car with 6 airbags and a supposedly 4-Star car with two airbags.

Last edited by REN : 28th June 2021 at 12:34.
REN is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:34   #248
BHPian

If you want to play the safety card, the least you could do was offer 6 airbags in the top end auto.

If removing airbags was to build it to a price, that did not reflect clearly in the end price.

So it is definitely neither here, not there.

Also, there is mention of rough road package. But reviews have mentioned that engine and sump are exposed.

Other than European brand, even if it gets 4 stars, what is to be proud of? Even XUV300 has 5 stars GNCAP. And Kiger and possibly Magnite are 4 star at half the price. Not totally fair comparison, but I do not see any real USP for the Premium.
Sidban85 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:35   #249
BHPian

Variant wise feature list (zoom in for better view):
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-acb1ac6f5b4247ffb5ac778f17df4d86.jpeg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-33639b61abfd497b9425ab13beb8f133.jpeg  

ShivWason17 is offline   (13) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:36   #250
BHPian

Quote:
Buyers of the automatics are in for a rude shock! Only the MT variants get the option of 6 airbags and TPMS!

I don't get it - the automatics are horribly overpriced then. The 6 speed torque converter carries a premium of 1.4 lakhs over MT in the Ambition variant, and 1.2 lakhs in the Style variant! The DSG costs 1.4 lakhs more than the MT 1.5 Style variant.

Then why the cost-cutting w.r.t safety on the automatics?
What a shock an Safety aspects on top model. Skoda says that Style is top model and doesn't provide 6 airbags in AT variant. Now the top end 1.5 DSG will be 22L+ OTR in Bangalore, yet doesn't get full safety features apart from other features that are present in competitors. I was thinking on DSG even after so many horror stories, but definitely cannot compromise 6 airbags. Very disappointed...!!!
Carz77 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:37   #251
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by giri1.8 View Post
let's be clear, build quality and reliability are not interrelated. Honda City for example, is an reliable sedan, but that doesn't make it the most solid offering in its segment, Skoda rapid feels like a tank in comparison.

Coming to our experience, between VW and Tata, major difference is how well the parts are put together and how well they work together. Tata had plenty of rough edges, misaligned interior trims and rattles.
To be more clear, feeling solid and actually being solid are also not inter-related. The Kia Seltos was said to be solid by almost every reviewer (including here). All of us know where that story ended. Meanwhile, the Honda City is a 5 star rated car (ASEAN NCAP). Cannot say the same about the Rapid or any "tank like feeling" VAG offering in the segment.

As for Tata and its perceived lack of finesse, the company's 5 lakh rupees car is rated 5 star by GNCAP while fellow members are hoping that the 20L Kushaq somehow scores at least 4 stars. I will chose misaligned panels over such pretensions every time.
sierrabravo98 is offline   (20) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:37   #252
BHPian

No TMPS, No Digital cockpit, Poor rear parking camera, I hear 2 airbags (I hope I am wrong, but this sounds ridiculous), plus DSG issues... I am failing to convince myself to buy 1.5DSG over 1.4 Turbo Seltos
vinitbarve is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:37   #253
BHPian

Good Lord. 20L on road for 1.0AT in BLR which doesnt even get 6 airbags.

The best bet for them was chop the rear, make it under 4m(little less legspace couldn’t be an issue, look at the sales in the category, afterall the car should sell to make profit) and sell it as Venue/Sonet rival and start from 7-7.5L ex showroom with only 1.0 TSI on offer. The pricing is beyond me for a 95% localised car.

1. You can’t seat 3 adults at the back, but gave proper 3 point seat belts, but hei, the top end guys can get the whack from a side crash because we dont give a damn about your money, so no side airbags for you.
2. 1.4L premium over MT for the AT, but with missing airbags, missing TPMS and lets see what else they have cut out.
3. Sunroof only on the Style(by calling a small sunroof a panaromic doesn’t make it a panaromic).
4. The 1.0TSI is marginally slower than Venue/Sonet in both AT and MT configuration. And boy I am not even talking about the Sonet 1.5D AT.
5. Wonder if they could have saved some money by making it under 4m because all of the 1.5 TSI reviews just doesn’t cut it for me. There is nothing ground breaking of a feature to list as well.
6. That reverse camera looks worse than my old VGA mobile phone camera.
7. Manual parking brakes and no electronic seat adjustment.

And common guys for the build quality.
Let them actually test it and then lets decide. Wonder why so many members are saying it as a safer car than competition. Based on door thuds? Ford have given us enough on how thuds are R&D’d into poorly built cars. And we dont know yet if Creta is 3 or 4 stars, nor if Seltos 6-airbag variant can crack the 4-star rating. If the Seltos 6-airbag variant is indeed 4-star with an unstable body shell, would we the safety concerned guys buy it or skip it? In India, as long as things dont sell, your profit margins are low and it affects the sustainability. Skoda had a 1% market share when they began 20 years ago and they still have the same market share. Ofcourse they make dynamically better cars, hands down agree with that. But they should remember that’s not what sells in India, and at EOD, without sales, no manufacturer can survive in our market. We usually bash Indians and Koreans, but have a sweet spot for Europeans, even with their untested made in India cars.

If I were searching for a car in this bracket, right now I would skip the entire segment and either wait, or go for something better like a Jeep Compass/Tucson than to pay 20L for a car which harldly can seat 5.

Last edited by Xaos636 : 28th June 2021 at 12:48.
Xaos636 is offline   (23) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:40   #254
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arjun Reddy View Post
Any idea what this function is ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by androdev View Post
Not sure in this particular car, but that button is used for configuring "Assist systems" in flagship Skoda models
Attachment 2171786
That button is a dummy in the Kushaq and the MID displays the text "Button without function" when it is pressed.

Source: Faisal Khan's youtube review video -

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq_smb.png

After reading the T-Bhp review, watched quite a few youtube reviews and agree that quality of a few bits in the cabin leaves a lot to be desired.

The bits that stood out are sub par fit and finish of upholstery right out of the factory and the sagging roof liner near the sunroof (of which there is already a gif above).

Not a deal breaker, but I wish Skoda would iron out these minor creases in an otherwise perfect car costing close to 20 big ones.

EDIT: Man the thread has caught fire after the pricing reveal! I was honestly expecting the Style 1.5 MT to sit somewhere between Seltos 1.4 MT GTX(O) and GTX Plus, if Skoda had kept the pricing aggressive. But right now, the Style 1.5MT sits square against the GTX Plus. For that kind of money, the Kushaq 1.5 MT Style does seem rough around edges. Let's see if it sees some saving grace in form of better crash safety and/or improved quality in the cabin.
Name:  Kushaq_comparo.PNG
Views: 7066
Size:  61.0 KB

Last edited by Romeo_Mike : 28th June 2021 at 13:09.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 28th June 2021, 12:41   #255
Senior - BHPian

King will always be costly

Jokes apart, higher variants are seriously costly. Can't buy this 1.0 Liter Engine car for 15+ Lakhs on road. Some people will buy it but most will stay away from it. Don't think it will sell even more than 1000 after first 3-4 months are over. Skoda brand is scary for many people till now due to it's service and breakdown stories.

Yet another disappointing launch!
aniketi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks