Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th May 2022, 21:40   #2611
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychogogo View Post

Now I have a question. My red beauty, the Jeep Compass has suffered since the last year on account of my neighbor's stupid parking and door opening habits. Door dings like absolute maniacs have totally screwed one side of my Jeep. And since this was slow burn, I didn't pay much attention to it till one day the ugliness stared at me in the eye
On the dings i will suggest using a good quality thick body cover which should act as a cushion preventing the dings. But nothing can prevent a deliberate attempt for a ding by your neighbour. Rest requesting your neighbour for being little careful might work too.
Old 26th May 2022, 15:31   #2612
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rjeevan View Post
Can someone help me with this query.
The infotainment system has been connected and is all set, except when I'm trying to use the apps like Gaana, Sygic, etc., that I'm unable to use the dongle's internet connection. I want to use that Gaana app on jio wifi provided. It works fine while using mobile Hotspot. Is anybody else experiencing this?
Were you able to get a resolution on this issue. I'd love to hear about it!
Old 26th May 2022, 21:28   #2613
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by t3ofil4us View Post
Were you able to get a resolution on this issue. I'd love to hear about it!
Hmm, I think it's working I had to change the password from that crap of an app jiomotive.The Gaana, Sygic apps now work with the provided jio dongle network. I now mostly prefer android auto Bluetooth/wireless which works flawless.
Old 27th May 2022, 01:18   #2614
BHPian

If you are open to some DIY/jugad, you can try combining below two items as a temporary measure.

- Cut some 3-4 inch wide but long strips of something like these - rubber mats (according to your liking / door panel size)

- Stick the strips to the doors wherever you want to with something like these or even plain neodymium magnets (small strong ones, which you can stack if need to) available in amazon.
Old 28th May 2022, 10:45   #2615
Distinguished - BHPian

My cousin brother just picked up a Carbon Steel Kushaq Style 1L AT.

He was very keen on the 1.5L TSI + DSG combo, shared a few links of the horror stories related to the DQ200, and he went ahead with the 1L AT.

Told him about the 8 inch touchscreen size reduction from June 2022 as well, he told me he’s getting the car before June, so he got the 10 inch screen.

Skoda Kushaq Review-f709eb85ad9c49349940c50341dd97f5.jpeg

Last edited by CEF_Beasts : 28th May 2022 at 11:05.
CEF_Beasts is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 29th May 2022, 20:26   #2616
BHPian

Have booked Kushaq Style 1.0 MT recently and was expecting to receive the vehicle by 10-15 June.

However, just received an email from my dealer mentioning the following things:
1) Price is going to increase from 1st June.
2) There will be a change in infotainment system.
3) Some feature changes are expected.

Does this mean, after Slavia, will Kushaq too will receive an Infotainment downgrade, price increase and some more features deleted? I haven't spoken to the Sales about the details, but I am guessing Ambition will be getting some feature deletions and Style gets a price hike!

Last edited by Aditya : 19th October 2022 at 05:43. Reason: Errors corrected
dmplog is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th May 2022, 19:41   #2617
BHPian

Did a 1300+ KMs trip from Gandhinagar, Gujarat to Lucknow, UP last week on our Kushaq 1L MT. Car performed really well throughout the stretch and returned a health mileage of 17 KMPL (tank to tank) for the entire route.

Few observations:

1. TSI technology definitely punches above its weight, 1L never feels it is out of breath. Sure turbo lag is present, but once you reach 1800-2000 rpm it pulls well.

2. Approx 10% reduction in quality of parts used, doors are not as heavy as my Polo but they are more than decent-better than Honda Brio/Amaze (we upgraded from Honda brio so the comparison). Door thuds are still good.

3. For a turbo petrol, mileage returned was good. We were cruising on expressway stretches at 110-115 before that annoying 120 speed warning starts singing.

4. Boot space might look small on paper but is very usable-feels more than Creta/Seltos. Loading lip is a bit higher which might be a concern for lifting heavy luggage out.

5. I found the handling to be better for most of the part, stance of the car is more car like than a forcefully raised hatchback.

6. Rear seats are very comfortable for 4, 5th passenger won't be happy for a distance of more than 100km until 2 out of the 3 are kids. Ride quality is decent with the suspension on the stiffer side.

Overall very happy with the purchase, at less than 12L on road price the car has almost everything one requires. Have got the alloys changed, seats covers were fitted before the delivery-infotainment system along with 4 speakers.

Attaching few pics:
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_5dd8f9f940de1.jpeg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_9194.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_9198.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_9197.jpg  

tsi_niks1989 is offline   (18) Thanks
Old 31st May 2022, 10:53   #2618
BANNED

Hi Friends,
Planning to upgrade from my Grand i10 Asta.(Absolutely trouble free ride for the last 8 years).Looking for a compact SUV so that the ingress and egress is easy for my 63 year old and nearly 6 feet frame. Since I live in Chennai I will be happy to get a vehicle which has front ventilated seats. Only the front seats will be occupied for 95% of the time. Does the ventilated seat make any difference apart from the air condition of the car? And two more things I am looking for is a sunroof and an automatic transmission.
My heart is set on a Kushaq, but the Style AT is beyond my budget. So I can go for the Ambition AT. But no ventilated seats and sunroof.
If I go for a Nexon, it will fit my budget and and I will have the ventilated seats and a sunroof too. But the AMT gear box is a dampner there.

So what I gain by going with the Ambition AT, giving up the creature comforts I have mentioned above? Is it worth going for the European vehicle rather than the Indian one?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited by Sricar : 31st May 2022 at 11:01. Reason: Corrected typo + added space after punctuation for easier reading.
Old 31st May 2022, 13:47   #2619
BHPian

We just purchased a Skoda Kushaq 1.5 Style Mt last week and it has been a blast!.
got few things done!:
  1. Tyres changed to Michelin Primacy 4 ST 215/55/17 right out of the showroom and the cabin is really quiet and the grip is amazing!. The car came with MRF wanderers which for a 1.5 make no sense IMO.
  2. Got PPF done and the car shines!
  3. Got the car coded.
Attaching few pictures!.(Going for a shoot next week, will update some more later!.)

Skoda Kushaq Review-0a8d925a37714701bb84225643bb9418-2.jpg
Car after PPF!

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_2041.jpeg
Primacy 4 ST

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_2043-2.jpg
Right out of the showroom

Car coded!
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_2064-2.jpeg
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_2065.jpeg
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_2066-2.jpeg
dheer4 is offline   (17) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 00:15   #2620
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sricar View Post
Hi Friends,
Planning to upgrade from my Grand i10 Asta.(Absolutely trouble free ride for the last 8 years).Looking for a compact SUV so that the ingress and egress is easy for my 63 year old and nearly 6 feet frame. Since I live in Chennai I will be happy to get a vehicle which has front ventilated seats. Only the front seats will be occupied for 95% of the time. Does the ventilated seat make any difference apart from the air condition of the car? And two more things I am looking for is a sunroof and an automatic transmission.
My heart is set on a Kushaq, but the Style AT is beyond my budget. So I can go for the Ambition AT. But no ventilated seats and sunroof.
If I go for a Nexon, it will fit my budget and and I will have the ventilated seats and a sunroof too. But the AMT gear box is a dampner there.

So what I gain by going with the Ambition AT, giving up the creature comforts I have mentioned above? Is it worth going for the European vehicle rather than the Indian one?
Thanks in advance.
My brother own Nexon AMT and I have Kushaq Ambition AT. Nexon has better build, very comfortable seats, better space in front. However, AMT to me is a pain. In bumper to bumper traffic you will be irritated as engine is not that refined, NVH levels are high and it remains in gear 1 for too long. Plus shifts are really jerky.

Other than creature comforts you mentioned and which may be equally important to some, Kushaq is on another level in terms of engineering. Gearbox is very smooth, handling is better than competitors and the TSI engine makes driving fun.
varun.petro is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 09:56   #2621
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.petro View Post
My brother own Nexon AMT and I have Kushaq Ambition AT. Nexon has better build, very comfortable seats, better space in front. However, AMT to me is a pain. In bumper to bumper traffic you will be irritated as engine is not that refined, NVH levels are high and it remains in gear 1 for too long. Plus shifts are really jerky.

Other than creature comforts you mentioned and which may be equally important to some, Kushaq is on another level in terms of engineering. Gearbox is very smooth, handling is better than competitors and the TSI engine makes driving fun.
Thanks a lot Varun.Yet to test drive the Kushaq.Will do it soon.
Sricar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 20:08   #2622
BHPian

Kushaq specs have been revised. Source of information is official Kushaq brochure available on website. Revised prices have not been updated yet.

1. Auto Start Stop, TPMS standard across range.
2. New Style variant without sunroof introduced.
3. Digital cockpit in Style Sunroof variant.
4. 10 in screen replaced with 8 in all variants except Active. No wireless AA and Carplay.
5. 6 speakers standard in all variants. No Skoda branded system with subwoofer in Style variant.
6. 6 airbags standard in both Style variants
varun.petro is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:17   #2623
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun.petro View Post
2. New Style variant without sunroof introduced.
5. 6 speakers standard in all variants. No Skoda branded system with subwoofer in Style variant.
Style variant without sunroof makes sense to me for many reasons:
The ugly visible mechanicals,
It let's in natural light but also heat- very bad in Delhi summer for a car with not so high performing AC,
I will never open the sunroof, because I always drive with windows closed come rain or shine, summer or winter.

I am confused about point 5. Does it mean all other variants come with Skoda branded speakers? If so, what brand of speakers does Style variant have?
Old 1st June 2022, 22:44   #2624
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
I am confused about point 5. Does it mean all other variants come with Skoda branded speakers? If so, what brand of speakers does Style variant have?
Previously, Active and Ambition came with unbranded 6 speaker setup. Style variant came with Skoda sound system with 6 'high performance speakers', amplifier and subwoofer. Now Style variants have been downgraded with the same setup of unbranded 6 speakers as lower variants.

Other immaterial change is the removal of jio dongle and Skoda connect feature from Ambition.
varun.petro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 22:59   #2625
BHPian

Are the prices for the new variants out? I am assuming there would be an increase in prices of the existing variants as well despite the deletions and modifications?

Last edited by varkey : 1st June 2022 at 23:01.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks