Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st July 2022, 12:39   #2761
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by anto1212 View Post
SCAM ALERT!

The resort company is conducting some promotional events promoting their resort membership at Hilton, Chennai, and attendees will get free vouchers for a stay at their resort OR a free lunch at Hilton, Chennai.

It turned out to be a scam event, membership costs more than 25k and many innocent people get trapped and lured by offering freebies.
Not encouraging the practice, but in such cases if you are well aware of the potential scam and are not otherwise occupied, maybe scam the scammer, by attending the event, have the free lunch or stay for a day, politely decline their membership offer and return.
Old 31st July 2022, 12:57   #2762
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by varkey View Post
Not encouraging the practice, but in such cases if you are well aware of the potential scam and are not otherwise occupied, maybe scam the scammer, by attending the event, have the free lunch or stay for a day, politely decline their membership offer and return.
Well, that's the plan of all the people to have free lunch at Hilton which costs 3-4k.

These guys aren't dumb. It's well organized, there are no such hotels with them and the lunch I don't think they will provide unless we pay some initial amount for the membership. or else this free lunch itself will add unnecessary cost for the scammers 40-80k at least as 10-20 people are attending.

Last edited by anto1212 : 31st July 2022 at 12:59.
anto1212 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 15:46   #2763
BHPian

Hey Everyone,

We took delivery of our Candy White 1.5 DSG Skoda Kushaq about a month ago and have been truly enjoying the car, especially that sweet TSI+ DSG Combo.

I just wanted to know how fellow Kushaq and Skoda Owners have went about with connecting a dashcam to the car as the 12V port keeps drawing power even with the ignition off. I do not want to go the hardwiring way and mess with the fuse box within the warranty period, for a car with the beautiful yet infamous DSG. Contacted the dealer for a solution regarding the same to which they told the official accessory dashcam (Blaupunkt DVR) is the only way but even that stays powered with the ignition turned off. When questioned about that they were off the opinion that it won't drain much power and can be kept plugged in overnight. I am still apprehensive about the battery being drained by morning.

Considering this will it be safe to keep my current dashcam (Transcend) plugged in even overnight without the danger of a dead battery in the morning as said by the Dealer regarding the Blaupunkt DVR?

The car is primarily driven by either me when at home or my father and both of us can take the plug out before parking it but I am just worried about instances where the car is driven by someone else and they may not always follow this step. Any other solution for this issue is also appreciated.

Thanks in Advance,
Abhinav
Old 1st August 2022, 19:39   #2764
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
Hey Everyone,

We took delivery of our Candy White 1.5 DSG Skoda Kushaq about a month ago and have been truly enjoying the car, especially that sweet TSI+ DSG Combo.

I just wanted to know how fellow Kushaq and Skoda Owners have went about with connecting a dashcam to the car as the 12V port keeps drawing power even with the ignition off.
Not sure about the 12V port but at least the USB C type ports do power off once the head unit is turned off or car is locked. I thought even the 12V port has the same configuration but haven't checked. Since I was in the same boat as you I was considering powering up the dashcam from the front USB port. But yet to find a long USB C type to Mini USB wire and I absolutely don't want to use some adaptor on either end.
audioholic is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 12:38   #2765
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abhinav_2502 View Post
I just wanted to know how fellow Kushaq and Skoda Owners have went about with connecting a dashcam to the car as the 12V port keeps drawing power even with the ignition off. I do not want to go the hardwiring way and mess with the fuse box within the warranty period
You can use type C port on front, I am using the same, just buy a USB A 3.0 to Type C OTG Adapter, I purchased this one: https://www.amazon.in/AGARO-Type-C-U...s%2C294&sr=8-3
maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 15:19   #2766
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by audioholic View Post
Not sure about the 12V port but at least the USB C type ports do power off once the head unit is turned off or car is locked. I thought even the 12V port has the same configuration but haven't checked. Since I was in the same boat as you I was considering powering up the dashcam from the front USB port. But yet to find a long USB C type to Mini USB wire and I absolutely don't want to use some adaptor on either end.
Quote:
Originally Posted by maverickNerd View Post
You can use type C port on front, I am using the same, just buy a USB A 3.0 to Type C OTG Adapter, I purchased this one: https://www.amazon.in/AGARO-Type-C-U...s%2C294&sr=8-3
Thanks a lot audioholic and maverick!

Will try the Type- C port option to power the dashcam .
Abhinav_2502 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd August 2022, 22:16   #2767
BHPian

It was raining heavily in Bangalore today and after driving for a couple of hours in very slow moving traffic, I noticed a lot of fogging in the fog light chamber. The other side also must have been similar. Is this normal?
Skoda Kushaq Review-pxl_20220802_160137643.jpg
Old 2nd August 2022, 22:23   #2768
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek_hch View Post
I noticed a lot of fogging in the fog light chamber. The other side also must have been similar. Is this normal?
Attachment 2341163
I believe this is normal in VAG cars. It happens in the Octavia, Superb and Passat too.
Turbohead is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 12:41   #2769
BHPian

Quote:
It was raining heavily in Bangalore today and after driving for a couple of hours in very slow moving traffic, I noticed a lot of fogging in the fog light chamber. The other side also must have been similar. Is this normal?
Attachment 2341163
This happens in lot of cars, almost all, and it is normal, fog will go away in some time.
maverickNerd is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 13:02   #2770
BANNED

Quote:
Attachment 2341163
I too feel its normal and its nothing to worry about.
Old 3rd August 2022, 17:00   #2771

Quote:
It was raining heavily in Bangalore today and after driving for a couple of hours in very slow moving traffic, I noticed a lot of fogging in the fog light chamber.
I does happen to my car also and is clearly mentioned in the owners manual as a normal occurrence

Last edited by bblost : 3rd August 2022 at 19:11.
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:07   #2772
BHPian

Quote:
SCAM ALERT!

I got a call from a resort company saying he got my number through the Skoda dealership.

The resort company is conducting some promotional events promoting their resort membership at Hilton, Chennai, and attendees will get free vouchers for a stay at their resort OR a free lunch at Hilton, Chennai.

It turned out to be a scam event

(@mods, maybe this deserves a separate thread as this scam leads are people who have cars)
This same thing happened with my Parents a month back. They got a call and were told that the call was from Maruti Suzuki and that we were chosen from a random pool of Maruti Suzuki Customers and had won some prizes for being a loyal Maruti customer for 6 years. They told us that we have won a tourism package of some sort and invited us to a local Hotel in my city.

Me being out of the city for my college, my Dad and Mom went to the Hotel, only to find out that it was a scam and this event had nothing to do with Maruti Suzuki .

Moral of the Story: There ain't no such thing as a free lunch
Rambo-RS is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 3rd August 2022, 18:19   #2773
BHPian

Quote:
SCAM ALERT!

I got a call from a resort company saying he got my number through the Skoda dealership.

(@mods, maybe this deserves a separate thread as this scam leads are people who have cars)

Pretty much same thing happened to me as well. But it was like 6 months ago. They said they are calling from Mahindra Holidays or something and they are offering 2 nights 3 days stay in their resort for free because I own a Volkswagen. I rubbished that but they keep calling me afterwards as well. Next time it was Four Points Kochi, method same.
igemini is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th August 2022, 11:53   #2774
BHPian

I wasn`t really a great fan of chrome in the car and especially with Kushaq, those thick chrome inserts in the grill were too ugly for my liking. I was in a dilemma on whether to go with wrapping it or get it painted to black. My main concern was the chipping of paint/wrap over a period of time. Finally, based on the discussion with a couple of my friends who are in the detailing business, I decided to dechrome the chrome bits including the Skoda decals and rear chrome panels via painting. Surprisingly it came out really well, sharing a couple of pics and I will post a few more pics in my ownership thread in the coming days.

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_5692.jpg

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_5691.jpg
DragonHawk is offline   (50) Thanks
Old 8th August 2022, 14:48   #2775
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonHawk View Post
I wasn`t really a great fan of chrome in the car and especially with Kushaq, those thick chrome inserts in the grill were too ugly for my liking. I was in a dilemma on whether to go with wrapping it or get it painted to black.
I must say your car looks a zillion times better than the stock one. Its a weird choice that SAVW went with, to put chrome everywhere on their new cars (Virtus is a torture to the retina). Great result you have achieved there, nice finish. Thanks for sharing.

I hope the Skoda-VW folks get this picture soon & think about revisiting their previous design decisions some day .
Reinhard is offline   (9) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks