Search this Thread
Old 4th January 2024, 08:51   #3421
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by VND View Post
To all the owners,

Especially to 1.5 DSG owners,

Have anyone faced a low oil warning in middle of service interval? My SA says it's normal for Kushaq and the customer has to get the oil topped at own expense when it comes up.

I own a 1.5 DSG, at 7800 kms I got a low oil warning and there answer was "it is a common issue / in fact normal for the car. We have mentioned it in the owner's manual that car may consume 0.5l/1000 kms depending on driving style and operating conditions".

I found this to be ridiculous that we need to have oil topped up in between service intervals i.e. 15000 kms / 1 year . Would appreciate your inputs.

P.S. I have a 4 year service package as well.
This is a common occurrence in all VW/Skoda cars. Nothing to worry about, just get it topped up and continue to enjoy your ride.
StripleRider03 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th January 2024, 07:48   #3422
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
This is a common occurrence in all VW/Skoda cars. Nothing to worry about, just get it topped up and continue to enjoy your ride.
Is this a "feature" of newer VW cars? I have a seven years old Vento TSI DSG. I have never encountered this low oil warning between service I interval. I keep a spare bottle of recommended oil, but that's only to safeguard incase of leakage.
Old 5th January 2024, 07:51   #3423
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Is this a "feature" of newer VW cars? I have a seven years old Vento TSI DSG. I have never encountered this low oil warning between service I interval. I keep a spare bottle of recommended oil, but that's only to safeguard incase of leakage.
This is only in the initial 8k kms from what I've heard. After that, it should be just fine.
StripleRider03 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th January 2024, 15:38   #3424
BHPian

My Kushaq threw up a replace key battery notification last weekend.
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_6172.jpeg

Opened up the key fob to check the type of battery inside. It was a Panasonic CR2032.
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_6135.jpeg

Replaced it with a Duracell CR2032.
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_6173.jpeg

With the new battery.
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_6175.jpeg
Kashish is offline   (12) Thanks
Old 7th January 2024, 21:19   #3425
BHPian

The TPMS in my Kushaq was late to respond and now I have side wall punctures on my front left tyre. The car has run 12000 KMs.

What should I do-
1. Replace only one tyre and move the tyres from front to back and back to front?
2. Replace both tyres in the front?

Any advice would be deeply appreciated. Thanks in advance.
Old 9th January 2024, 12:12   #3426
VND
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StripleRider03 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guite View Post
Exactly, I haven't faced this issue in any other car, this is my 5th car from VW stable. Have used polo 1.6 tdi, laura 2.0 tdi, passsat 2.0 tdi and currently using tiguan allspace 2.0 tsi along with kushaq 1.5 tsi.

This is the first time I am seeing this, maybe that's why I found it wierd.
Old 15th January 2024, 11:31   #3427

What’s the benefit of subscribing to Škoda Maintenance Package ? Coz I’ve compared the servicing cost of 4 years given on the Škoda website and don’t find much price difference between subscribing and do the maintenance on a yearly basis. They are not giving the SMP complimentary now as general discount of ₹70k is being given
Old 28th January 2024, 10:48   #3428

Difference in air temperature being thrown by AC vents

Hello BHPians, I just acquired the Skoda Kushaq. After covering 1,600 kilometers, I recently observed a temperature variance between the air expelled by the central AC vents upfront and those on the driver's side. Throughout this period, I maintained the AC temperature at 22 degrees with internal circulation activated. When I increased the fan speed, I noticed a higher proportion of warm air emanating from the central vent. While I plan to use a temperature gauge and take the car to the service station for a thorough check, I would appreciate any insights or suggestions from fellow members.
Old 28th January 2024, 13:25   #3429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vkarora View Post

Difference in air temperature being thrown by AC vents

Hello BHPians, I just acquired the Skoda Kushaq. After covering 1,600 kilometers, I recently observed a temperature variance between the air expelled by the central AC vents upfront and those on the driver's side. Throughout this period, I maintained the AC temperature at 22 degrees with internal circulation activated. When I increased the fan speed, I noticed a higher proportion of warm air emanating from the central vent. While I plan to use a temperature gauge and take the car to the service station for a thorough check, I would appreciate any insights or suggestions from fellow members.
That is perfectly normal, the cental AC vents are right in front of AC cooling coil, whereas the side ac vents are a bit away from the coil so there are temperature losses, the more the hot the car is from inside, the more the temperature difference would be.
yesyeswe is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 28th January 2024, 13:49   #3430

Thanks yesyeswe. So as per you, central AC Vents will have some warm air, while the those on side will throw cool.

I just took the car on a short 5 kms ride. No noticeable difference. Plan to do a 10+kms drive.
Old 1st February 2024, 16:15   #3431
BHPian

Hello Team BHP Experts,
My Kushaq underwent a rat attack in my engine bay during the weekend. Thankfully from the looks of it, there is no significant damage, it has mainly targeted the sponge kept for engine insulation and the rubber bedding near the top part of the engine bay.
But since the rubber bedding and the plastic thing that is there on the top part of the engine bay had come a bit loose, when i opened the bonnet, a clip kind of thing fell down below the vehicle from the bonnet. It seems nothing dangerous, but I just wanted to get your opinions on what it is.

Does anyone know what this is?
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20240201-4.10.11-pm.jpeg  

Old 2nd February 2024, 14:23   #3432
BHPian

I wanted to share an update on my 2022 Kushaq MT 1L Ambition model. I got the fabric seats changed to leatherette seats with Montano leather ice grey colour at Imperial Leathers in Bangalore. The seats have pores like the ventilated seats, but obviously its only for the look. I was quite happy with fabric seats, but the darkish colour was making the compact SUV even more compact from inside. So, I decided to go for a change of seat covers after about 2 years!

The owner Mr. Shiva Kumar is an expert and his team provides the best car seat covers. I will let the pictures do the talking now.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq1.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq-2.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-kushaq-3.jpg  

PeteKing75 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 14:52   #3433
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I wanted to share an update on my 2022 Kushaq MT 1L Ambition model. I got the fabric seats changed to leatherette seats with Montano leather ice grey colour at Imperial Leathers in Bangalore. Cheering:
Apologies but the pic does not look like a Kushaq yet alone an SUV.
ajmat is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 15:58   #3434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteKing75 View Post
I wanted to share an update on my 2022 Kushaq MT 1L Ambition model. I got the fabric seats changed to leatherette seats with Montano leather ice grey colour at Imperial Leathers in Bangalore. The seats have pores like the ventilated seats, but obviously its only for the look. I was quite happy with fabric seats, but the darkish colour was making the compact SUV even more compact from inside. So, I decided to go for a change of seat covers after about 2 years!

The owner Mr. Shiva Kumar is an expert and his team provides the best car seat covers. I will let the pictures do the talking now.
I agree
And it was pleasure to meet you at Imperial ! It was such a coincidence that I also got same material and color for my Creta and no doubt it looks fab!

Last edited by Aviator_guy : 2nd February 2024 at 15:59.
Aviator_guy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2024, 16:31   #3435
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajmat View Post
Apologies but the pic does not look like a Kushaq yet alone an SUV.
Point taken, here are two photos that give an idea of how it looks. Might not do full justice still, but it gives a more premium look than the fabric.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-img_4898.jpg  

Skoda Kushaq Review-img_4897.jpg  

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks