Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2024, 11:02   #3496
BHPian

Re: Skoda Kushaq Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradhya30 View Post
What do you suggest?
If fuel efficiency is your priority, i would suggest don't pick the Kushaq, but if sheer driving pleasure ticks your box, forget the efficiency, i am okay losing the number game for this perfect engine + gearbox combination.

i guess only Hyryder or Hycross can make sense in Bangalore for best fuel economy.
Old 29th March 2024, 14:08   #3497
BHPian

Changed the tyres on my Kushaq from the stock Good Year's to Vredestein Ultrac Vorti 225/50ZR17.

Skoda Kushaq Review-1.jpg

The old tyres could have easily done another 15000 KM but they had become very hard/ noisy and low on grip.

Skoda Kushaq Review-3.jpg

Initial impressions seem to be good. The new tyres have greatly improved the ride quality. Noise levels don't seem to be on the lower side though. I feel the Pilot Sports 4 will be better in this aspect.

Skoda Kushaq Review-4.jpg

Since the stock size has no good tyres available, upgrading was mandatory. The choice was between 215/55/R17 and 225/50R17. Went with the latter since this size is a perfect upgrade to the stock 205/55R17 size. Sharing a comparison table from Tiresize.com

Skoda Kushaq Review-6.jpg

The stock 6.5 J rims just about manage to accommodate the 225-section tyres. There is some sidewall bulging.

Skoda Kushaq Review-2.jpg

Paid about ₹46830 for a set of four tyres. Can't wait to hit the highway once the run-in is complete and the steering rack is replaced under warranty next week.

Skoda Kushaq Review-5.jpg
Kashish is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 29th March 2024, 20:17   #3498

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandeepmukunda View Post
If fuel efficiency is your priority, i would suggest don't pick the Kushaq, but if sheer driving pleasure ticks your box, forget the efficiency, i am okay losing the number game for this perfect engine + gearbox combination.

i guess only Hyryder or Hycross can make sense in Bangalore for best fuel economy.
Took multiple cars test drive today,

Hyryder drive was good but don’t feel value for money for top end at 25 lakhs on road.

Caren’s, Seltos diesel were good option at same price range with loaded features but again with concerns on build quality. So really got confused on whether to chose driving performance vs fuel efficiency

Need help in choosing car between 20-25 lakhs price range.

Driving performance:
Kushaq
Taigun
Slavia
Virtus

Fuel efficient:
Hyryder
Seltos diesel
Carens diesel
Creta diesel
Old 30th March 2024, 01:03   #3499
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aradhya30 View Post

Need help in choosing car between 20-25 lakhs price range.

Driving performance:
Kushaq
Taigun
Slavia
Virtus

Fuel efficient:
Hyryder
Seltos diesel
Carens diesel
Creta diesel
I think it comes down to what your priorities are.

Speaking for myself, Hyundai-Kia were out at the paper stage due to dismal GNCAP performance for the Seltos.

Sedans as a body type were also ruled out for no logical reason.

My personal assessment in case it's any help-

The final battle was between the Hyryder V Hybrid and Kushaq 1.5 Style MT

Hyryder V Hybrid:
+ Fuel efficiency
+ Reasonable perceived safety ( other global C platform cars have scored 4 stars in NCAP tests)
+ Well perceived service experience.

- lack lustre engine performance in power mode without the electric drive ( read at high speeds out on the highways, which was projected to be a major part for my use case)

- Strong hybrid battery longevity and replacement cost is an unknown
- Comparatively less comfortable rear seat.
- Unsatisfactory high speed ride.
- Boot space in the hybrid variant not ideal.
- Longer waiting period of around 4 months at the time of booking.

Kushaq 1.5 Style MT:
+ 5 star GNCAP score
+ Explosive engine ( arguably the best 20 big ones can buy)
+ Better perceived ride, especially at higher speeds.
+ Arguably better looks (inside and out)
+ Ventilated seats ( important since we live in hot and humid conditions). Its a shame Toyota/Suzuki made consumers choose between Hybrid efficiency and comfort of ventilated seats.
+ Rear seat occupants felt more comfortable.

- Service experience is reportedly a gamble ( Fingers crossed nothing adverse to report so far)
- niggles reported for early years ( none faced in my MY2023 car)

Last edited by Romeo_Mike : 30th March 2024 at 01:27.
Romeo_Mike is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 00:34   #3500

Re: Advice and Opinion on the light issue of Skoda Kushaq

Hello, to my lovely Car-nnoisseur! this is my first post so congratulations to me. Getting straight to business (advice). I own a MY23 Skoda Kushaq Style 1.0 MT so my road emperor has clocked 8300 KM recently in 9 months of ownership (a detailed review of my experience with the car will be dropping soon, all the niggles I encountered and good part I experienced of it.)

So, recently my car went to the "Pre-service inspection" which you get at 7500KM/6 months. I wanted to utilize it and another reason was that there were two problems the car had with its infotainment system. Whenever I play a song in the car, it would not reload or refresh the album picture of the song or it would show the cover of the previous song and second was the andriod auto not working. on my phone it would show connected but not on the infotainment screen. As for the context, i am dropping the image below:

Silly Problem Number 1

Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20240331-23.37.46.jpeg

I was playing song and well this used to happen, my parents use the car as well but they don't think it's a big issue but for me it is a big issue so this was one of the problems I faced so I had to send him for rectification this bug. They told me there was an update for it, and update for andriod auto 14 for the car, so I sent the car.

Silly Problem Number 2

Now the sweet problem starts from here, the car was delivered at night because I wanted the car for the next day. I notice that my Left LED DRL strip light has this yellowish tint in it (tiny) i began to recall that is it because of the pre inspection where they undertake an inspection for 64 points of the car (lights being one of it) I start to question myself (my eyes too) like did it exist before or this showed up? I told my father and his response was epic.

ME: see Pappa, don't you notice it?

PAPA: Beta, the car is 6 month old now, ofcouse there will be a wear and tear going on.

ME: NO! It's not acceptable for an expensive car, especially not when its new one.
F few days I would go to office and check the headlights of Kushaq and even other cars to confirm and in some I could see yellowish tone while in some its crystal clear white. (it'd made me look like a creep everytime I kept on looking at the headlights of a car at a signal, what have I even become!)

Few days later, I called my Service advisor kept him on call showed him the picture of the light and and his words, "Sir, if there is an issue in light we can check and can replace under warranty but at a condition that there should be no damage internally and externally to the light only so we can send it back to Skoda and they can replace with a new unit saying its a manufacturing defect and if there is any damage, you'll have to pay for the new one."

He told me it will take him 3 days for the car in service station to check the light. I don't think I can live without a car for 3 days, I would need a spare car from them so I can do my daily commutes but thats the secondary thing.

Now this is where it gets even more confusing, at night only I had noticed the problem and in the day light, yesterday,
I took the picture at night and guess what the result would be? it seems alright. WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON? but like if you look at it, you would notice the change. I am going to attach the pictures of the LEFT (affected) and right DRL for your references.

Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20240331-22.15.56.jpeg
Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20240331-22.15.56-1.jpeg

I really need the advice from you guys, is it normal? does this happen to all the cars with LED DRLS? is it worth changing? is it worthing getting inside your brain? should I move on and get back to life or should I claim it under warranty? (I am not ready to buy one for a new car)
Old 1st April 2024, 10:46   #3501
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tofudriver View Post

I really need the advice from you guys, is it normal? does this happen to all the cars with LED DRLS? is it worth changing? is it worthing getting inside your brain? should I move on and get back to life or should I claim it under warranty? (I am not ready to buy one for a new car)
Lot of cars with LED DRLs have this problem, have noticed this mostly on VAG cars and some BMWs as well, Somehow Hyundai, KIA and Maruti DRLs do not appear to deteriorate though!

Within 6-8 months of delivery, my Inlaws' Taigun started showing signs of this, since then I began noticing all VAG cars and this deterioration of LED DRLs appears to be much faster on India 2.0 cars (Have seen this on a number of Q3s too, but they were mostly 4-5 years old), do escalate this, but I have my doubts if Skoda will approve a replacement, they may just say this is 'normal'!

Most folks will not even notice it in warranty period and by the time it is very noticeable the car may be out of factory warranty, this has to do with inferior quality of the LEDs used, our Ford Ecosport LED DRL dint wear out one bit until we sold it after 4 years, It is not as if the replacement headlights are cheap on these cars, I am sure these headlights retail at a minimum 40-50K each despite being inferior in quality of the DRLs, so much for 'Skoda Crystal Lighting'!
abaliga is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 11:05   #3502
BHPian

Quote:

Hello - welcome to the forum!

The VAG cars do have this issue. The 2015 Q3 in our extended family has both of its DRLs turned into (almost) yellow. I would recommend getting it checked and replaced under warranty.
Col Mehta is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 12:36   #3503
Senior - BHPian

Took my 1.0 TSI AT for a trip to Lucknow. The distance one way from Greater Noida to the place in Lucknow where I was staying, was 515 kms. The local run was limited to a few kilometres. And again 515 kms on my way back. Before refuelling, the Distance to Empty showed another 30 kms are left.

One way it was only me in the car, with my luggage. While returning there were three, with the boot filled with luggage. The AC was on, all the time. I have never had any issues with my car's AC and even in this trip it was absolutely fine.

So, two things. One, if you are not in a hurry, set the Cruise Control at 90 kph and 1000 kms are not that difficult to achieve in a tank full. Two, Greater Noida to Lucknow and back is possible in a single tank of petrol.

I forgot to click a picture before the refill, but I did take a picture when I reached Lucknow.
Attached Thumbnails
Skoda Kushaq Review-skoda-kushaq-mileage.png  

ashutoshb is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 13:17   #3504

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col Mehta View Post
Hello - welcome to the forum!

The VAG cars do have this issue. The 2015 Q3 in our extended family has both of its DRLs turned into (almost) yellow. I would recommend getting it checked and replaced under warranty.

I shall give the car's headlight under the warranty and gear up for the future, will keep posted. Thank you *salute*
tofudriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2024, 13:23   #3505

Quote:
Originally Posted by abaliga View Post
Lot of cars with LED DRLs have this problem, have noticed this mostly on VAG cars and some BMWs as well, Somehow Hyundai, KIA and Maruti DRLs do not appear to deteriorate though!
The advisor said that the light unit would cost me around 30K. (Not worth it for relatively a new car) it shouldn't be normal I agree but let's shoot the shot.
Old 7th April 2024, 10:47   #3506
BHPian

Quote:

It is yellow. Faced the same issue with my LEFT DRL after about two years of ownership. Got the whole headlight unit replaced under warranty.
varun_ro is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 08:45   #3507

Quote:
Originally Posted by varun_ro View Post
It is yellow. Faced the same issue with my LEFT DRL after about two years of ownership. Got the whole headlight unit replaced under warranty.
Thanks man for quoting back and giving confidence, could you tell me how was the procedure?
Old 8th April 2024, 09:29   #3508

So, recently my car went to the "Pre-service inspection" which you get at 7500KM/6 months. I wanted to utilize it and another reason was that there were two problems the car had with its infotainment system. Whenever I play a song in the car, it would not reload or refresh the album picture of the song or it would show the cover of the previous song and second was the andriod auto not working. on my phone it would show connected but not on the infotainment screen. As for the context, i am dropping the image below:

Silly Problem Number 1

Skoda Kushaq Review-whatsapp-image-20240408-08.42.31.jpeg

I was playing song and well this used to happen, my parents use the car as well but they don't think it's a big issue but for me it is a big issue so this was one of the problems I faced so I had to send him for rectification this bug. They told me there was an update for it, and update for andriod auto 14 for the car, so I sent the car.

Silly Problem Number 2

Now the sweet problem starts from here, the car was delivered at night because I wanted the car for the next day. I notice that my Left LED DRL strip light has this yellowish tint in it (tiny) i began to recall that is it because of the pre inspection where they undertake an inspection for 64 points of the car (lights being one of it) I start to question myself (my eyes too) like did it exist before or this showed up? I told my father and his response was epic.

ME: see Pappa, don't you notice it?

PAPA: Beta, the car is 6 month old now, ofcouse there will be a wear and tear going on.

ME: NO! It's not acceptable for an expensive car, especially not when its new one.
F few days I would go to office and check the headlights of Kushaq and even other cars to confirm and in some I could see yellowish tone while in some its crystal clear white. (it'd made me look like a creep everytime I kept on looking at the headlights of a car at a signal, what have I even become!)

Few days later, I called my Service advisor kept him on call showed him the picture of the light and and his words, "Sir, if there is an issue in light we can check and can replace under warranty but at a condition that there should be no damage internally and externally to the light only so we can send it back to Skoda and they can replace with a new unit saying its a manufacturing defect and if there is any damage, you'll have to pay for the new one."

He told me it will take him 3 days for the car in service station to check the light. I don't think I can live without a car for 3 days, I would need a spare car from them so I can do my daily commutes but thats the secondary thing.

Now this is where it gets even more confusing, at night only I had noticed the problem and in the day light, yesterday,
I took the picture at night and guess what the result would be? it seems alright. WHAT IS EVEN GOING ON? but like if you look at it, you would notice the change. I am going to attach the pictures of the LEFT (affected) and right DRL for your references.

Time for a big update on this thread. I was planning a long drive with my friend this upcoming weekend but life had other surprising plans for me. I was going with parents for shopping and I went downstairs to start the car and this is where the downpour of devastation fell onto me at the speed of light. So we have a very narrow parking for ourselves, I told one of my flatmate uncle about the inconvenience I face everyday while he enjoys parking of an SUV space for his small hatchback, and as usual he didn't budge. So enclosed by a tight parking with pillars on the side I started the car and it was in first gear and my leg slipped from the clutch and the car moved forward aggressively assisted by a loud and sharp sound of scrapping, (sound was so loud the monkeys and dogs of my society woke up and ran away.) I came out and analysed the damage. it was brutal, it was not looking good. It was heartbreaking.

Not a Silly Problem Number 3

Click image for larger version

Name:	WhatsApp Image 20240408 at 08.42.31.jpeg
Views:	17
Size:	191.9 KB
ID:	2591806

It has rough scratches on the front bumper as well as the fog light has some scratches. I'll be honest I did cry and I was shivering but my parents said, "it's alright, think about how to get it fixed." Surprisingly my father was calm too, he jokingly mentioned that, "I once hit the pole too and damaged rear door, my son didn't say anything to me, I shouldn't say anything when my son hit the door." I knew it was their way to calm me and keep me composed and to their comfort I told them I will bear the cost and get it fixed.

Enough with a saddening story now plan is to admit the car in hospital (service station) and claim the insurance.

Before I start the procedure with insurance claim, is there anything I should be taking care of during the process, it's my first accident and my first insurance claim process (and I hope last) also, We have opted for Bajaj Alliance as our insurer.

Last edited by benbsb29 : 23rd April 2024 at 04:21. Reason: The quote box removed as you don't need it
Old 8th April 2024, 09:49   #3509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

It has rough scratches on the front bumper as well as the fog light has some scratches. I'll be honest I did cry and I was shivering but my parents said, "it's alright, think about how to get it fixed."

Enough with a saddening story now plan is to admit the car in hospital (service station) and claim the insurance.

Before I start the procedure with insurance claim, is there anything I should be taking care of during the process, it's my first accident and my first insurance claim process (and I hope last) also, We have opted for Bajaj Alliance as our insurer.
First accident or damage is heart breaking but we have all been there and became wiser
Don't worry, this will pass too. Hope you have zero dep insurance. Car would be as good as new after it returns from the SC and you'll be back to enjoying it soon.
Aviator_guy is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 8th April 2024, 14:22   #3510
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kashish View Post
Changed the tyres on my Kushaq from the stock Good Year's to Vredestein Ultrac Vorti 225/50ZR17.
How is the steering post-installation? Is it heavier to turn now due to the added weight of the fatter rubber?

Quote:
So, recently my car went to the "Pre-service inspection" which you get at 7500KM/6 months.
Has Skoda started a inspection service at the 6th month now? When I had enquired about the Kushaq a little over a year ago, they told me that the first service would be done at 15,000 km or 1 year. It was only VW that was doing a 1st month and 6th month inspection.

Quote:
I notice that my Left LED DRL strip light has this yellowish tint in it
I am seeing some yellowing in the DRLs of both the headlights. I have seen this in many other cars. Skodas, Audis, BMWs. In fact, the other day I saw a 5th-gen Honda City whose DRLs were yellowish!
Could this be due to low quality components being used by manufacturers?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks