Team-BHP > Team-BHP Reviews > Official New Car Reviews
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th March 2022, 20:01   #106
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by romeomidhun View Post
Better not to give ear to his kind of idiotic show-off reviews - where he tests an off-road-specific car like Jimny for a 0-100 drag race and saying the engine has no power, and write-off the car not even taking the car to an off-road surface. Better stick to the Team-BHP kind of practical reviews.
+1

And all he does that while shouting on top of his lungs in his microphone.
Sachin V.W. is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 00:57   #107
BHPian

I would suggest waiting for the Brezza 6 speed TC. A segment above in all terms, or buying the Baleno manual. Manual>>TC>CVT>AMT>>>>DCT for Indian conditions IMHO (sorry if I offended anyone)
Old 26th March 2022, 13:13   #108
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
Well, IMO - a facelift is a usually a cosmetic procedure done to an aging car so that the manufacturer can get some more sales numbers with minimal investment. --
Another word coined... Baleno 'DEEP facelift'!

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-1.jpg

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-3.jpg

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-2.jpg

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-4.jpg

Link
volkman10 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 26th March 2022, 13:39   #109
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by volkman10 View Post
The new Baleno with an auto gearbox that's not AMT!

Which means they've launched it elsewhere but the biggest market that keeps them afloat - they decide to give it with the AMT all in the name of keeping cost down.

Last edited by SDP : 26th March 2022 at 14:55. Reason: Fixed broken quote
Old 26th March 2022, 23:29   #110
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh Vee View Post
I saw his review, braking hard on uneven sand surfaces and telling that braking is not good.

New Baleno comes with a 14-inch disc as compared to the previous 13-inch and upgraded caliper with more contact patch, rear brake drums are also bigger. A significant improvement in the braking department.
In that video, he applied full brake on a good road and could see he had to steer it to keep it straight. Not a good sign I think.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th March 2022 at 13:32. Reason: Spelling and punctuation fixes.
Old 27th March 2022, 11:32   #111
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swageo View Post
In that video, he applied full brake on a good road and could see he had to steer it to keep it straight. Not a good sign I think.
Nope, he brakes aggressively on uneven sand surfaces and steers the steering unnecessarily.
It's evident watch from 23:46, and when he launched at 23:52, it's clear how much sand is there on the left side. Due to this, it struggled for traction.

BTW, I'm not a fan of his reviews, not going to take his words seriously.

Last edited by Axe77 : 27th March 2022 at 13:34. Reason: Edited quoted post. Aligning changes.
Vignesh Vee is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 27th March 2022, 12:42   #112
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vignesh Vee View Post
Nope, he brakes aggressively on uneven sand surfaces and steers the steering unnecessarily.
It's evident watch from 23:46, and when he launched at 23:52, it's clear how much sand is there on the left side. Due to this, it struggled for traction.

BTW, I'm not a fan of his reviews, not going to take his words seriously.
Car was going at around 60kmph and the white patch seen on left side looks to be the concrete edge of highway. Hard to believe he was driving at this speed with one wheel outside the road.

While am also not a big fan of his high pitch sound, reviews usually shows the real scenario visually. He praised baleno on many fronts, but not on hard breaking.
Old 27th March 2022, 23:11   #113
BHPian

Took a short spin on the top spec Alpha variant. The car didn't feel as peppy as my i10 Sportz Kappa2. Hill hold function worked superbly. Outer sheet metal panels didn't flex much. Didn't think much and booked the Nexa Blue Alpha MT variant as I was dazzled by the brilliance of the projector LED headlights! However, the sales manager informed me that the colour is called Celestial Blue, not Nexa Blue!
Old 28th March 2022, 17:59   #114
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzy_boy View Post
I am in a similar situation. However, i have two points of difference: if the Brezza comes with the 6 speed auto as reported, I believe that the mid spec variant would be priced north of 10 Lakhs, and I don't have that budget. Two, I'm okay with Baleno's manual gearbox - which is seriously good.

I found it easy to use the AMT in the manual mode, and if you treat it as a manual without clutch - eg: manually prep the vehicle for overtakes without relying on kick-downs, you may find it acceptable. It is in a different league compared to the Punch AMT for example - which is shockingly slow even in the manual mode. However, AMTs are a relatively new technology, and even in our forums there are instances with costly repair bills down the line.

Hence if I were you, I would either buy the manual Baleno, or else wait for the Brezza.
I test drove the AMT again - this time to my hearts content. For me Auto gearbox is not negotiable.

A few points that I observed -
- The jerk in the shift is maximum when shifting from 1st to 2nd. Irrespective of whether you are shifting using M function or letting the AMT do it automatically.

- The shifts from 3rd to 4th to 5th if done manually feel very less intrusive than if they are done automatically by the AMT. Also these shifts are far less jerky than the shift from 1st to 2nd.

- If you take off the foot from the accelerator to let the AMT shift the gear when you want it to, the jerk is noticeably reduced. We would do this even in the CVT for easy shifting and not extending the RPM. So if one learns to do the same thing here, AMT is more livable with.

- Spirited driving should be undertaken using manual mode only and it is more satisfying.

I've decided to push through the purchase. If Brezza comes in an irresistible format then I will be in a soup. For now the only hurdle left is to choose the color. Having already owned (currently) the White Baleno I thought I'd probably shift to the Silver for a change but I am not so sure yet as white still looks the best IMO. Will go and have a look at the silver which I find a tad too bluish to my liking. If it doesn't tickle my fancy, white it shall be.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 30th March 2022 at 12:30. Reason: typo edited
Gupts007 is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th March 2022, 21:51   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gupts007 View Post
We would do this even in the CVT for easy shifting and not extending the RPM. So if one learns to do the same thing here, AMT is more livable with.
Surprising that one can pick up a gear change in a CVT on a regular basis. I have driven many CVT's abroad and the only time I would notice the gear change is the change in RPM when accelerating hard.

I have almost never aided the gear change by taking my foot off the accelerator.
Mafia is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th March 2022, 07:17   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafia View Post
Surprising that one can pick up a gear change in a CVT on a regular basis. I have driven many CVT's abroad and the only time I would notice the gear change is the change in RPM when accelerating hard.

I have almost never aided the gear change by taking my foot off the accelerator.
That is true. I have owned the Micra CVT and Honda City CVT and if you take your foot off the accelerator you would be actually going nowhere. If you try this while overtaking, you are a dead duck.Smooth CVT progression is achieved by modulating the pedal but that doesn't mean you can take your foot off it at any time. That is actually a pain point of a CVT vs say a torque converter AT- the amount of constant foot-on-pedal.

Last edited by fhdowntheline : 29th March 2022 at 07:20.
fhdowntheline is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 20:31   #117

Baleno 2022 met with a minor accident

Hello everyone, I'm a BHP noob and this is my first post. I hope this helps any potential buyers.

I liked the 2022 Baleno a lot and cancelled my Kia Carens Premium 1.5 NA petrol booking to go for Baleno Sigma. This was going to be my first car which I'm buying with my own hard earned money. I didn't want a fully loaded variant and Sigma with accesories worth 50k was enough and affordable for me without financing the car. I got the delivery on 25th March, Friday.
It's been 4 days, I was about to leave for my office when I noticed something, the left rear view mirror cover was broken, after a closer inspection, I found out that their was a dent on the door, window bezel just below A pillar.
I enquired with my neighbours and found out one of my neighbour dropped their Rasika Cooler on my car while unloading it from a Tata pickup.

Bad news is obviously the unfortunate accident, but good news is A pillar is undamaged, just scuffed. Will take the car to the dealer and see what are my options.

I need an advice, should I go for the insurance cover and keep 10k from my neighbour which will kill my NCB or just give him the bill?

Also, should I change the entire door? What's your experience of paint match and quality at Nexa dealerships?
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-img20220325wa0040.jpg  

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-img20220330wa0006.jpg  

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-img20220330wa0003.jpg  

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-img20220330wa0004.jpg  

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-img20220330wa0005.jpg  

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-img20220330wa0007.jpg  

heavyduty is offline   (10) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 22:08   #118
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Baleno 2022 met with a minor accident

Quote:
Originally Posted by heavyduty View Post
Hello everyone, I'm a BHP noob and this is my first post. I hope this helps any potential buyers.
Firstly, congratulations on your new car. Incidents like these happen, but they surely are painful. Do take an estimate from NEXA, but ensure they don't change your door for this minor damage. Replaced door will NOT be the same as original factory door. Explained here (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review) when I had to go through almost similar damage.

In my opinion, they will give you an estimate of around 6k and you should hand over the bill to your neighbour. Don't change the entire mirror assembly, just it's cover is available.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (14) Thanks
Old 30th March 2022, 22:17   #119
Team-BHP Support

From the pictures, the damage fortunately appears cosmetic.

Only the mirror cover seems broken and should be replaceable as a child part. It doesn't seem to be the electric type with integrated blinkers, so shouldn't cost much even if you do replace the whole unit (in case any clips/holders for the top cover are broken).

The door damage seems fixable with some dent pulling and repainting.

Doesn't look like it will be a large bill overall. Let your neighbor cover it, if so agreed. No need to get insurance involved unless it's a large expense.

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 30th March 2022 at 22:20.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 31st March 2022, 00:23   #120

I've been a vivid reader of your posts Leoshashi and coincidentally I read the XL6 boot conundrum few months ago, and I'll read it again.
On the first glance of my Baleno, I was literally on my knees and though, hell, the A pillar is dented. But on closer inspection I realised it's just the door.
Well, shit happens.
I'll post an update after getting a quote from the dealership.

Thanks a lot Chetan_Rao and Leoshashi for your advice.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks