Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th July 2022, 17:38   #256
BHPian

Re: 2022 Maruti Baleno Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chitta Pradhan View Post
Hi
Nice review of your car. What is the rpm at 100 kmph in 5th gear? How is the ingress & egress of the car, particularly for senior citizens.
Thanks.
I faintly recall RPM being in the 2000-2500 band. May be closer to 2000. But I will have to check again as I have been city puttering lately.

Ingress and egress is pretty run of the mill up front. It is not a straight forward walk in but not clumsy as well. At the rear you do need to bend your neck down to enter. The floor is low compared to the sill (which is wide as well), so you need to lift your feet up to get out.
Old 9th July 2022, 13:46   #257
BHPian

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 9216 View Post
I was told that the car is being delivered without a user manual. Not even a straight pdf file, to the best of my understanding. Is this true ?
True, the other user manual settings are easily accessible through the infotainment, even I did not need a User Manual at all.
Old 11th July 2022, 19:02   #258
BHPian

I have a question on new Baleno. Is ISOFIX child seat anchor available in the Alpha model? This is very important for my buying decision. Also, it should.not be the one wherein you fix the seat using seatbelts. Please help answer this.
Old 12th July 2022, 19:11   #259

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pras92003 View Post
I have a question on new Baleno. Is ISOFIX child seat anchor available in the Alpha model? This is very important for my buying decision. Also, it should.not be the one wherein you fix the seat using seatbelts. Please help answer this.
ISOFIX anchorages are standard accross all varients of new baleno. Pictures of anchor points from alpha
Attached Thumbnails
2022 Maruti Baleno Review-img_20220712_19021201.jpg  

2022 Maruti Baleno Review-img_20220712_19041301.jpg  

visakhmv is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th July 2022, 21:17   #260
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_vater View Post
So I had decided on picking up the new Baleno Alpha MT (Celestial Blue). I even gave the booking amount but now I'm having second guesses for the following reasons:

If not done already, I would suggest trying Ciaz or 4th gen Honda City.
Old 13th July 2022, 09:36   #261

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_vater View Post
Its very rare I cross 120km/hr which I don't do even in the Honda City Automatic used by my family. My concern about stability till 120km/hr is addressed and I am fairly happy with it.
No Doubt Baleno is a good choice as an all rounder, but being experienced with the Honda City, I would ask why don't you check out Honda Jazz ? High speed stability is a no issue there. And I believe a good test drive would help in the decision making.
Old 13th July 2022, 20:07   #262
BHPian

Hello people,

I am so confused now. Please help me out. I was waiting for Brezza AT launch. The Price is over my budget. I was expecting somewhere around 13 OTR for mid variant but it's 15 Lakhs. Now Baleno top model AGS is a very good option. I also took a test drive and felt good except for the AGS which was just fine. I could feel the gear changes and in kick down it was more pronounced. I am not a very enthusiastic driver but you do need that push sometimes for overtakes. So now i am in a doubt as to whether I should go for Baleno or a pre worshipped Creta 2017 45k mileage Auto. The price comes to 10.50 lakhs approx. I know these are different categories but do help me out. Whether that Creat from 2017 would be a better choice or new age Baleno AGS.
Pras92003 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th July 2022, 21:14   #263
BHPian

Need help, I have to buy an automatic car for wife. Purpose is office commute between Delhi and Gurgaon approx 70 Kms daily.

Confused between Baleno AGS and Amaze CVT. Amaze has better gearbox but baleno feels comfortable on seating and handling side.

Amaze CVT is just 30k costlier than Baleno Delta AGS. Similarly Amaze VX CVT is 35k costlier to Baleno Delta.

Kindly share your views.
Old 14th July 2022, 14:02   #264
BHPian

I'm in the same boat, but w.r.t. to base variants - to be driven mostly in Delhi NCR. Considered Baleno and i20, and no other. Altroz would have been my blind pick, if only it had a four cylinder petrol engine. In the same price band, i would prefer to go for a four cylinder, versus a three.

Test drove both Baleno and i20, but must say that the overall experience with i20 was better and impressive. Drive was smooth, clutch light and i particularly liked the malai gearshift. Just for information, I'm replacing my diesel 75HP Punto which i had to sell after 9 years due to NGT diktat in Delhi.

Coming back, I'm looking at the base variants only - and i20 ticks all the boxes. 1.2 NA petrol is not exciting, but i felt it was alright. Heard lot of stories about it being inadequate in the older version though.

I'm not a fancy feature person, so no touchscreen is a good thing if one is looking to keep a car for more than five years. We replace our touchscreen phones in two years or so, don't really know how much abuse can these touchscreens infotainment systems in cars handle - long term usability and reliability is still a question mark. Having said that, I'm not averse to modern tech, just that i feel it needs a bit more time to prove its long term reliability.

I compared Baleno's base Sigma and next Delta variant with i20s Magna, which is priced between the two Baleno variants. Feature-wise, the i20 offers all the necessary features, plus music system with 4 speakers, steering mounted audio controls, electric adjust ORVM, rear AC vents, front armrest, cooled glovebox. Plus has a larger wheelbase than the Baleno. Though space is comparable, and there is not much difference between the two. But the boot, though adequate, is smaller than the Baleno's.

Both i believe share the same tyre size 185/65 R15, which again is sufficient for city drive and the odd highway run.

Baleno's Sigma variant doesn't have a music system, which is a miss - aftermarket one can get a bit bigger touch screen - but don't really know how good will it be in terms of fit, finish and relaibity - plus issue of electrical warranty. Having said that, automatic climate control and rear defogger are standard from base variant, which is great. Baleno's Delta variant on the other hand offers a touchscreen music system, but i don't really like the thick black frame surrounding it.

Body panels of the Baleno felt good, definitely a lot better than the previous version. Hyundai on the other hand has reduced i20s weight (perhpas the reason why the 1.2 felt adequate), but i felt the build quality was decent. Both are nowhere near Altroz's build quality and 5 star safety rating.

So it is not an easy decision. I'm leaning towards the i20, but haven't counted out the Baleno yet. A 4 or 5 star safety rating might tip the scales in favour of the Baleno.
Old 15th July 2022, 19:19   #265
BHPian

This time I have decided to go for an automatic as our other 2 cars are Manual Creta Petrol and Verna CRDI. I recently bought Astor Manual but sold it within 1 month as car was underpowered and very low on fuel efficiency.

Confused which to go for but do not want to spend unnecessarily. Need good fuel efficiency for which Baleno is ticking box but then I feel that by spending a few Lacs extra, I can get a bigger and better machine.

Range upto 10 Lacs : Baleno/ Amaze/ I20
10 to 15 Lacs : Venue/ Sonet/ Brezza/ Honda City
15 to 18 Lacs : Virtus/ Slavia
18 plus : Seltos/ Creta
Old 15th July 2022, 22:32   #266
BHPian

Hi All,
Planning to book Baleno MT Alpha variant, but confused on the color options, could you please share your thoughts on which color to buy and why.
Thanks in advance.
Old 17th July 2022, 00:16   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Hi All,
Planning to book Baleno MT Alpha variant, but confused on the color options, could you please share your thoughts on which color to buy and why.
Thanks in advance.
I have got the Grandeur Grey.

Let me tell you why I got it despite our hatred towards dark colours-

->White was taxi and same throughout all Marutis
->Silver has a blue-ish tone and it seems 'Yuck'
->Luxe Beige- I have never seen a car in that and I wouldn't want to see one after they showed me the swatch.
-> Nexa Blue, This one, I loved, such rich look and premium finesse, but I have seen older Balenos which have suffered in looks due to Marutis paint quality, it got to a lighter tone with time and got dull. Hence with a heavy heart, rejected it.

It was down to Red and Grey,

Red was solely rejected as we were exchanging our old figo which was already red, hence a change was preferred and we got grey.
KI07 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 00:18   #268
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessie007 View Post
I'm in the same boat, but w.r.t. to base variants - to be driven mostly in Delhi NCR. Considered Baleno and i20, and no other.
I adore the looks of the i20, but my main reason to avoid Hyundai was their mileage in petrol engines, from what I have witnessed till date-

Hyundai makes brilliant diesel engines but pathetic petrol ones.
Old 17th July 2022, 01:09   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by MercFan View Post
Hi All,
Thanks in advance.

In my opinion, you should look at golden brown (luxe beige) and bluish silver (splendid silver), the former is unique but doesn't look flashy or cheap while the latter is classy and looks premium. All the best!
ThePoloDriver is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2022, 10:00   #270
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by KI07 View Post
I have got the Grandeur Grey.
I too got the grandeur grey colour. My reasons for choosing this colour:
1) We( Me and my family) don’t prefer flashy or bright colours like red and luxe.
2) Blue Baleno is almost ubiquitous as it is equivalent to a “ taxi white”.(Baleno blue owners please pardon me, it’s solely our perception).
3) Silver was felt to be too dull.
4) I personally liked the white colour in the new Baleno but since we were replacing a porcelain white Tata Vista, decided to choose a new colour.
5) Finally decided on the grandeur grey as the colour was a sober one and we felt it would mask the dust and dirt for a week’s time, as I would be cleaning my car only on the weekends.

Cheers.
Arun Babu is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks