Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th July 2022, 22:51   #391

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Make a parallel booking at another dealer. Let both of them know that whoever gets you the vehicle first will get your purchase. There will at least be a sense of urgency in KHT to get you the vehicle.
I agree. Allocations to dealers seem to be adhoc and not specifically tied to the booking. Also some states seem to be getting more allocations than the others.

If you don't have the luxury of booking in multiple states, you could book with multiple dealers.
Old 30th July 2022, 09:34   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhargavpaleja View Post
Has anyone opted for extended warranty on Nexon EV Max? My car is almost ready for delivery but for last 10 days I have been following up with SA at Wasan Motors, Mumbai, for details on extended warranty and there has been absolute silence on that. I wonder if Tata is not providing extended warranty on Max or if it is lack of initiative from SA or is there some other hidden agenda in this. I have followed up on messages and calls at least every alternate day but no reply on extended warranty details.
I got EW for 25k when I purchased the Max. The dealer said the amount is same as normal Nexon EV. I can see the same is activated in the Tata Service app as the warranty shows valid till 2027. However the warranty began on date of billing for some reason and not date of delivery.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-fb4aae49cf95475ca3e4d0adba4ba20a.jpeg
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 10:33   #393
BHPian

My Tata Altroz's warranty also began on the date of billing, and my service schedule begins on the date of billing rather than the date of delivery.
SanjayW is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:18   #394
BHPian

I just completed the first service on the Nexon exactly two months from date of delivery as per schedule. Invoice date is three weeks prior to delivery, done for price protection.

So on the system, it will still show invoice date as date of delivery, start of warranty etc. But in typical Indian style, everything will be adjusted to tally with your actual delivery date.
Nalin1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 12:24   #395
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanjayW View Post
My Tata Altroz's warranty also began on the date of billing, and my service schedule begins on the date of billing rather than the date of delivery.
Thanks, that explain why I am getting calls to get my first checkup visit done in first week of august instead of third week according to my delivery.
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th July 2022, 23:07   #396

Took the delivery today and rechecked with the dealer about extended warranty and they say the prices for Max are not out yet and will be available after mid-August. Not sure what policy my dealer is following. Can extended warranty be purchased from any other dealer of Tata motors?
bhargavpaleja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 11:30   #397
BHPian

Is anyone facing issues with Z connect app for EV max recently?
My app is not updating the actual SOC and DTE readings from the car for the past 2 days.
App showing 54 % SOC for the past two days even when the vehicle was being driven around while the actual SOC in the vehicle is 33%.
Other features including location and remote services seem to work fine.
Called customer care regarding the same, they have advised me to send a screenshot of the issue.

Any members facing similar issues?

Last edited by pradheepsr : 31st July 2022 at 11:32.
pradheepsr is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 12:16   #398
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Is anyone facing issues with Z connect app for EV max recently?
My app is not updating the actual SOC and DTE readings from the car for the past 2 days.

Any members facing similar issues?
Yes, same issue here. App shows stale data in the home screen, DTE/SoC, car lock status etc are not getting updated in the app.

Last edited by varkey : 31st July 2022 at 12:22.
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 12:48   #399

Quote:
Originally Posted by shyampsunder View Post
Make a parallel booking at another dealer. Let both of them know that whoever gets you the vehicle first will get your purchase. There will at least be a sense of urgency in KHT to get you the vehicle.

I booked on May 19, with Prerana Motors, Rajajinagar.

Around 1st week of July, they called and offered the white colour. I refused. Then, around 18th July, they called to say my vehicle is ready to invoice.

Registration is done 2 days back and I would take delivery on 5th. The charging box installation was done day before.

It seems the first 10 days ofmonth,they give preference to those who take loan and after 15th, priority given to 100% cash down buyers.

Customer focus sucks.
Sudarshan93 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 12:53   #400
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Same with my Nexon EV (regular) as well. Guess it is an issue at the server end and should be sorted soon.
cool_dube is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 12:56   #401
BHPian

Went for a Sunday morning drive to my in-laws place through Bengaluru city and achieved 97 Wh/km! This is the first time I am seeing the average below 120 Wh/km let alone 100 Wh/km.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0644.jpg

I was not consciously trying to drive conservatively, it was through the city and with the traffic and traffic signals every few 100 meters, it was practically not possible for me to drive any faster. I have done this same trip innumerable times with my ICE car, and the total trip time is more or less the same, if not slightly better.

Eco Mode
Level 2 Regen
AC @ 24 Auto
50 min travel time
Avg speed ~ 30 km/h
Top speed ~ 60 km/h
Distance ~ 24 km

Would I drive at this pace or style on an open road? Definitely not, but in the city with traffic, it kinda makes sense and practical.

This was the state sometime before I started the trip.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_0641.jpg

Last edited by varkey : 31st July 2022 at 12:58.
varkey is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 13:27   #402

@pradeepsr I too am facing same issue with zconnect app since yesterday (did have the issue earlier also randomly). The soc doesn't update in the app correctly at times. But even if SoC is not updated the remote functions work sometimes. Pressing the sync symbol in the app doesn't have any effect, at times it just updates the time it was last synced. The cell reception is fine in my area as app mostly shows full signal.

I am planning to take the car for first service next week. I would like to get the opinion of Max owners on some Concerns/issues I am facing.

The car rolls back slightly at inclines. This happens when we start to apply the brake. I personally did not notice this initially. But my wife managed to roll back the car some 3 meters down an incline by pressing brake repeatedly(unnecessarily)- it was a bit scary as there is no handbrake. Tried convincing her that she is doing it wrong which lead to family troubles and her refusing to drive the car. Enabled autohold and then tried convincing her again. But she still manages to roll back the car using brake after autohold is disengaged (by pressing acclerator). She prefers our alcazar now and has almost given up on Nexon. I know it's a problem with her driving, but think this should not be happening with hill assist control in max.

Another concern related to brake is at times modes(P,D,N,R) won't change with normal pressure on brake. Sometimes one mode change will happen and second refuse to happen with same pressure on brakes. Then brake has to pressed somewhat hard to change mode. Yes it's a feature but the randomness feels to be an issue.

Some low intensity sounds are coming from the centre console both during driving and while being stationary. The sounds felt like some wires dangling and moving & some other kinds I am unable to explain. A particular type among this sound comes when momentum changes. Though actually there were some wires dangling below seats and some nuts and screws floating around in my 2 weeks old max , seems the sounds are coming from inside the center console. While stationary the sound even felt like some rats running inside the centre console. But switching off the car cleared the sound & my rat problem. All these sounds can be masked by some music by ARR.

I find the ride to be harsh while driving alone. Also the rear wheels take off from the road at humps even at very low speeds. The ride is good with a full load. On poor roads the centre console seems to produce sounds as some part is grinding against another. Thought whether armrest against centre console was the culprit , but it doesn't seem so. Also rarely getting some metallic sounds from suspension especially left side on large potholes.

I also have the parking light issue as described by @yashcosmos earlier in this thread. Parking light won't turn off if vehicle is switched off while brakes are being applied. Only solution is to restart the car and switch off without applying brakes.

Another minor issue regarding battery charging was that during charging, range is shown to be more by about 20-40kms. When I start the vehicle after charging the range comes down.

Once I faced a strange issue , After starting the car modes(P,D,N,R) were not changing and IGN in green was shown in the cluster. Restarting the car three times solved the issue. At that time a yellow ACC symbol was shown momentarily in the cluster.

Some other minor issues are wiper motor seems bit loud, auto wiper is erratic , poor camera quality, rear reverse Alarm sound unnecessary on inclines, sound on applying parking brakes, lound tire noise on some roads, and low intensity whining sound on accleration.

On delivery vehicle had several minor fit and finish issues , main ones being all Tire valves appeared rusty, charging bay lid slightly protrudes out on the lower side, Difficulty in putting driver seat belt (holder being tight) . Also rt orvm adjustment seems to be limited compared to left orvm.

Loving the car so far. Please chime in with your experience regarding these concerns.
unniaan is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 13:38   #403

I have a confusion, i hope i get a good suggestion here. I booked on 9th june intensi teal color and was told a waiting period of 4 months. I used to call up SA every two weeks to get a status and he used to tell its still the same.

Today he called me there was a cancellation and if i am interested but in white color. I am ok with white but somewhere in my mind I am thinking why there was a cancellation, is it because the customer rejected the vehicle in PDI or if he had some geniuine issue like mind changed or unable to arrange for funds etc. I told SA that before saying yes I want to do a PDI. Apart from the exhaustive checklist available on this forum is there anything I should be paying attention to especially wrt to an EV?
missedapproach is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st July 2022, 14:13   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by missedapproach View Post
Apart from the exhaustive checklist available on this forum is there anything I should be paying attention to especially wrt to an EV?
Ask for the car to be fully charged or atleast 90%+. Will rule out any sort of charging issues. Also I would recommend doing a DC charge if possible.
shyampsunder is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st August 2022, 11:18   #405

Did a Sunday morning ride to Lonavala for breakfast. Started from home at 90% SoC and returned back at 26% SoC covering around 205 kms in all. That translates to about 315-320 kms of range on my first long drive. It was mostly driven in City and Sports mode with AC on full time at 25 degrees.

Was getting about 102 Wh/km for first 19 kms within the city.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220801-11.05.16-am.png

Started ghat after Khalapur food plaza at 63% SoC and averaging 115 Wh/km till that point

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220801-11.05.39-am.png

Reached Kamat restaurant at exit to Lonavala from expressway at 53% SoC covering 15 kms uphill and rate of consumption dropped to 138 Wh/km.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220801-11.06.02-am.png

Took a u-turn and started downhill and was able to regain 1% battery on downhill with regen level set to 3 and consumption rate got back to 117 Wh/km.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220801-11.06.27-am.png

Ended the ride at 118 Wh/km with no gain in consumption rate inside the city on return leg (outside temperature was up by 3 degrees by that time).

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220801-11.06.47-am.png

Overall very satisfied with the range I was able to pull out with my regular driving style but definitely was more conscious about doing single pedal drive as much as possible. Level 3 regen mode is very powerful to give you a very optimal deceleration and only had to use brakes to come to complete stop at signals.

Last edited by bhargavpaleja : 1st August 2022 at 11:34. Reason: Used wrong unit for consumption rate, changed it to Wh/km from kW/h
bhargavpaleja is offline   (15) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks