Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd June 2022, 10:31   #256

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

My SA called me yesterday, sent me the chassis number and asked approval to raise DMS bill. Says it is internal. Is this the normal process?
Old 23rd June 2022, 00:43   #257

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmunjuluri View Post
Update as of 11 AM, 15th June 2022
Spoke to the SA and the registrations have apparently started in bangalore for EV Max. His team leader is on Holiday and he being a new bee and mine being his first company lease car, he is struggling. Hopefully by end of this week, they will call me for proper PDI and then start the registration process. Keeping fingers crossed for delivery in next week.
Congrats and safe driving.

May I know when did you book Nexon EV max and which dealer? I made the booking with Prerana about a month ago.

Also, for 7.2, it seems you need to have minimum 10 KVA BESCOM connected load.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2022 at 09:38. Reason: u > you. Please refrain from using SMS lingo while typing on the forums.
Sudarshan93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 07:10   #258
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sudarshan93 View Post
Also, for 7.2, it seems you need to have minimum 10 KVA BESCOM connected load.
As I understand a 10kw sanctioned load may be needed if it’s a combined meter for home+charger, Incase of a dedicated meter a 8kw sanctioned load should suffice.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2022 at 09:38. Reason: Quoted post edited.
Sandegov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 09:09   #259
BHPian

Quote:
May I know when did you book Nexon EV max and which dealer? Also, for 7.2, it seems you need to have minimum 10 KVA becom connected load.
I made the booking on 23rd March 2022, with KHT motors. (there are 2 dealers with in 6 kms radius for me, but still I went with these guys, who are 14 kms away, as they were felicitated by Tata motors for selling the most number of Nexon and Nexon evs in South India for the last half of last year)

I was reluctant to get into dealing with BESCOM, so I opted for 3.3 KW charger only. Sorry, I have no knowledge about the load needed for 7.2 KW charger.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 23rd June 2022 at 09:39. Reason: Quoted post edited.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 11:05   #260

Yesterday I got the delivery of Nexon EV Max 3.3 from Key Motors Bangalore. I had booked Nexon EV in Nov'21.
However I had changed it to Max once it was released.
Overall it was a nice experience right from the booking to the delivery.
Shall share my review in some days.
Attached Images

traveller3300 is offline   (15) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 11:22   #261
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller3300 View Post
Yesterday I got the delivery of Nexon EV Max 3.3 from Key Motors Bangalore. I had booked Nexon EV in Nov'21.
Congratulations and happy driving. Any particular reason for choosing the 3.3 over 7.2kw. I am also having second thoughts as i hear there are lot of restrictions on the load of Power.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 11:53   #262

I too was planning to book 7.2. When I probed, Prerana guy revealed that if u opt for 7.2, you need a minimum 10 KVA BESCOM connected load at home, both from charging and BeSCOM perspective.

If one is charging overnight at home, there is hardly a difference between 3.3 and 7.2. And it saves almost ₹90k.
Sudarshan93 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 12:45   #263

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Congratulations and happy driving. Any particular reason for choosing the 3.3 over 7.2kw. I am also having second thoughts as i hear there are lot of restrictions on the load of Power.
Thank You!! I basically charge the car overnight and very rarely I take it out of city. Hence for me 3.3 was apt and if you charging overnight then spending thousands on 7 2 doesn't make sense
Old 23rd June 2022, 13:47   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamanths3 View Post
Any particular reason for choosing the 3.3 over 7.2kw. I am also having second thoughts as i hear there are lot of restrictions on the load of Power.
Quote:
I too was planning to book 7.2. When I probed, Prerana guy revealed that if u opt for 7.2, you need a minimum 10 KVA BESCOM connected load at home, both from charging and BeSCOM perspective.

If one is charging overnight at home, there is hardly a difference between 3.3 and 7.2. And it saves almost ₹90k.
Quote:
Thank You!! I basically charge the car overnight and very rarely I take it out of city. Hence for me 3.3 was apt and if you charging overnight then spending thousands on 7 2 doesn't make sense
For a regular use case, the 7.2 kW charger may not be that beneficial. However let's say you have back to back trips with not much gap in between, the quicker charging can help. However such a requirement might be very infrequent, and in such a scenario one can always utilise a public fast charger if need be. Especially in Bangalore / KA where they charge a fixed charge per kW of sanctioned load, it may not make sense to go for a 7.2 kW charger as the increase in fixed charges itself will be more than Rs 600 per month. Then again, one can always install a 3rd party charger if need be in the future if your requirements change for example Zeon is selling the ABB 7.4 kW AC charger for around 65k.

In Kerala, the Tata dealership SAs seem to be pushing to go for 7.2 kW charger though, not sure why, maybe some mis-information or their training. In my case in Kerala, my existing connected load is 10 kW 3 Phase, if I need to install a 7.2 kW charger, I might need to bump it up a little bit which would cost me 17k in discom charges (KSEB), but no increase in fixed charges which is good.

Last edited by varkey : 23rd June 2022 at 13:48.
varkey is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 14:18   #265

Congratulations on the Car. I hope you are enjoying the sport mode often. It truly is addictive.
I had booked mine on 18th May from Sab Motors Lajpat Nagar. Todays news of a Nexon EV catching fire in Mumbai has me a bit worried though. Hopefully the investigation will be conclusive and allay all fears.
Torqueceptor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 16:01   #266

Congratulations on the Car Prateek. Wish you lots of Happy Miles.
How long was the waiting period for you? I had booked mine on 18th May at Sab Motors Lajpat Nagar and have been told not to expect it before the 16 weeks at all. In fact, the SA is trying very hard to convince me to switch to the Nexon EV(not max) promising a 4 week delivery period.

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
The official brochure of dealer states zero dep as 68k here. I found it to be very reasonable compared to other city dealers.

The battery has 8 years warranty anyways so nothing specific covered related to that. Have opted for everything else including Zero Dep, Consumables, RTI, Key cover etc.

Attaching some pictures I clicked this morning after cleaning and installing the door guards myself. Attachment 2322075

Attachment 2322076
Torqueceptor is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 18:07   #267
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Torqueceptor View Post
Congratulations on the Car Prateek. Wish you lots of Happy Miles.
How long was the waiting period for you? I had booked mine on 18th May at Sab Motors Lajpat Nagar and have been told not to expect it before the 16 weeks at all. In fact, the SA is trying very hard to convince me to switch to the Nexon EV(not max) promising a 4 week delivery period.
Thanks. I made the switch form Nexon EV to Max on day of launch itself. My 2 cents, don't switch to Nexon EV as the changes done Max are totally worth it unless you are around 6 feet tall and rear seat comfort is your topmost priority.
prateekchanana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2022, 20:18   #268

Quote:
Congratulations, wish you happy and safe driving! Did you take the insurance from the dealer ? what was the amount ? asking as I am 12th in Queue with same dealer
mrvenka is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 09:21   #269

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrvenka View Post
Congratulations, wish you happy and safe driving! Did you take the insurance from the dealer ? what was the amount ? asking as I am 12th in Queue with same dealer
Thanks!! The dealer quoted insurance in excess of 1L. However I managed to get a quote of 70K including all coverages like zero dep, return to invoice, tyres, co passenger cover, breakdown hotel cover etc...from other private insurers and availed the same. The dealer was OK with it.
traveller3300 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th June 2022, 12:52   #270
Distinguished - BHPian

Real-life range test of the Nexon EV Max yielded 295 kms on a single charge, with 10% remaining, as per AutoTrend.
Full range = 320 kms with AC.

RavenAvi is offline   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks