Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2022, 09:19   #181
Senior - BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
That’s the precise point even with Gen.2 vehicle tata missed to fix this, does it require highly skilled engineering to get them under proper cover ? I guess No.

It’s highly prone to sabotage or mischief. Off course yes it may be deal breaker for some and not for others.
Any part of the car is prone to sabotage, any car for that matter. It make not need some high engineering skills to keep that hidden. Maybe there's a reason why it's that way, so it doesn't touch any critical components pertaining to the battery. It's only visible to you because of the colour used for the wire sheath. If it was black, I don't think it would have been as visible.

I remember the time when the Nexon was launched and members were commenting about how bad the silencer can looked. It hasn't stopped the Nexon from becoming the highest seller in its segment.

Most cars have wiring and assorted cables under the car without issues. Try not to worry so much. If you do like the car, go for it or wait a while (6 months to a year) to figure out if it gets sabotaged on any vehicle or even damaged before putting in your hard-earned money.
discoverwild is offline   (9) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 20:03   #182
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by discoverwild View Post
wait a while (6 months to a year) to figure out if it gets sabotaged on any vehicle or even damaged before putting in your hard-earned money.
The regular Nexon EV has the exact same setup, and there have been no reports of any issues whatsoever over the last 2.5 years of its existence in the market.
cool_dube is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2022, 21:51   #183
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
Took the delivery of my Nexon Ev max Lux variant today, drove for 25kms in the last one hour
Congratulations on the new car, wishing you many more kms with this. I am waiting to hear from the dealer on when mine will reach their yard. It was invoiced yesterday, so I have the chassis, motor and battery number.

I have the following questions, any insight will be of great help.
1. Motor and Battery Number, how to decode them like we do for a vehicle chassis number? (like the year and month of manufacture?, does that matter at all to begin with?)
2. Insurance: which insurance have you taken and what coverage does it have? Finally, how much did it cost? The dealer insurance is insane; costs INR 1,11,114. I didn't even bother to ask what it covers.

Last edited by libranof1987 : 4th June 2022 at 17:54. Reason: Typos and grammar
rkmunjuluri is offline   Received Infraction
Old 4th June 2022, 15:07   #184
BHPian

I have been informed by my SA that my Nexon EV Max XZ+ White 7.2kW has been invoiced from the factory yesterday. Should take another 2 days or so to arrive here in Goa.

Got a call from someone from Tata Power the day before asking for my location for the survey. No one has turned up as of now though.
nathanjdias is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 17:12   #185
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjdias View Post
I have been informed by my SA that my Nexon EV Max XZ+ White 7.2kW has been invoiced from the factory yesterday. Should take another 2 days or so to arrive here in Goa.

Got a call from someone from Tata Power the day before asking for my location for the survey. No one has turned up as of now though.
Thats quick. Have been told will take 8-10 days for the car to reach Delhi. Loan already approved in 3 days but have told the manager not to disburse it before my go ahead. I got call too today regarding the 3.3kW charger but then was told it does not require any survey. They will straight away come and install the charger once the car passes PDI. For the 7.2kW though, survey is mandatory here too.
prateekchanana is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 17:37   #186
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Loan already approved
If I may ask, what was the interest rate and which bank?
Old 4th June 2022, 18:52   #187
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghupro View Post
Pls check your DM. Have shared the same.
prateekchanana is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 4th June 2022, 20:54   #188
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjdias View Post
Congratulations! When did you make your initial booking? (I noticed your previous post where you mentioned you converted the non-Max booking to Max)

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghupro View Post
I was considering SBI, if I do end up going for the Max. As per the website seems to be 7.25% for EV loans. Which bank are you planning to go for and what’s the ROI, if I may?

Last edited by varkey : 4th June 2022 at 20:56.
varkey is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 08:02   #189
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkmunjuluri View Post
I have the following questions, any insight will be of great help.
1. Motor and Battery Number, how to decode them like we do for a vehicle chassis number? (like the year and month of manufacture?, does that matter at all to begin with?)
2. Insurance: which insurance have you taken and what coverage does it have? Finally, how much did it cost? The dealer insurance is insane; costs INR 1,11,114. I didn't even bother to ask what it covers.
I am not very sure of the motor and battery number, I was given an chasis number when the car was billed, I just cross checked that when the I did the PDI.

I took the insurance from dealer itself, had it negotiated to 74 odd thousand with all important covers like nil depreciation, back to invoice, key cover.

Also, regarding extended warranty, the dealer had quote only for 1 year of EW, but I want 2 years of EW and they didn't have the right figure with them at the time, so I am yet to get 2 years of EW, do let me know if your dealer is able to bill you for 2 years of EW and how much is the charge.
yashcosmos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 09:13   #190
BHPian

Quote:
I am not very sure of the motor and battery number, I was given an chasis number when the car was billed, I just cross checked that when the I did the PDI.

I took the insurance from dealer itself, had it negotiated to 74 odd thousand with all important covers like nil depreciation, back to invoice, key cover.

Also, regarding extended warranty, the dealer had quote only for 1 year of EW, but I want 2 years of EW and they didn't have the right figure with them at the time, so I am yet to get 2 years of EW, do let me know if your dealer is able to bill you for 2 years of EW and how much is the charge.
I too have received the invoice with chassis no, motor no and battery no. Verified manufacturing with the chassis no. PDI will be done next week.

But 74k is high, my dealer price list has the insurance listed as 69k-73k depending on the model with all covers, which I have been told will be brought down to something between 50-55k for my car (XZ+ Max 3.3). Will get exact amount when I go for PDI next week. Have received quote from ICICI as well of 55.4K with all covers.

Also the price list I got mentioned EW same as 25k which was for the normal ev as well. Have opted for that too.

Last edited by prateekchanana : 5th June 2022 at 09:15.
prateekchanana is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 13:30   #191
BHPian

On a lighter note though, I could notice a BMW X1 on the tire pressure chart. On this front they could've done much better (pun intended). Otherwise a very strong package no doubt about it.
Phantom 510 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th June 2022, 21:45   #192
BHPian

To mark the occasion of World Environment Day tata ev mobility shared a video on social media space today.

Link :

Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-d2bbca7ac3b74afda7d3bf70777874bc.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-970c595f099545219b8f3b8c47e6b350.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-51b1452fc2a14f8ea74acd9602cb731a.jpeg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-bcca4aa5d91844e8abbd480b0aaa8ffb.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 19:30   #193
BHPian

Decided to check the fast charging on the new EV max since it supports upto 50KW fast charger. There is a FC of 30Kw near to my house in phoenix market City, so just for testing purpose plugged in today at this charger which is installed in dec 2021. Was able to start charging in 2 attempts, and have attached the screenshots for numbers purpose. Wanted to check charging with a 50 or 60kw charger but would do that next. I feel with the 50KW support the highway anxiety would reduce a bit since there are chargers coming up with 50 60 kw charging capacity, like the new one near highway in Baner Pune.

This in my opinion is also a big and important upgrade from the standard Nexon which supports only 25Kw Fast charging.

P.S: I started charge from 30% battery left.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot_20220608192312_tata-power-ez-charge.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220608_192245.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220608_192223.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220608_192203.jpg  

Last edited by yashcosmos : 8th June 2022 at 19:32.
yashcosmos is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 8th June 2022, 23:55   #194

Quote:
Decided to check the fast charging on the new EV max since it supports upto 50KW fast charger. There is a FC of 30Kw near to my house in phoenix market City, so just for testing purpose plugged in today at this charger which is installed in dec 2021. Was able to start charging in 2 attempts, and have attached the screenshots for numbers purpose. Wanted to check charging with a 50 or 60kw charger but would do that next. I feel with the 50KW support the highway anxiety would reduce a bit since there are chargers coming up with 50 60 kw charging capacity, like the new one near highway in Baner Pune.

This in my opinion is also a big and important upgrade from the standard Nexon which supports only 25Kw Fast charging.

P.S: I started charge from 30% battery left.

Congratulations on the new car!!!

Kindly share your opinions and experiences on the Nexon EV Max.
BTW is this the XZ+ or XZ+ Lux?
Old 9th June 2022, 08:00   #195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai47 View Post
Congratulations on the new car!!!

Kindly share your opinions and experiences on the Nexon EV Max.
BTW is this the XZ+ or XZ+ Lux?
Thankyou.
It's the XZ+ Lux. The small features like the ventilated seats are really a big welcome.
yashcosmos is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks