Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th May 2022, 17:26   #91
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by nathanjdias View Post
Any interior images of the Nexon EV Max XZ+ variant? Brochure says Fabric seats and door pads, will they be the same as the regular Nexon EV XZ+?

And any information on production and delivery dates?
Can't find any real word images as all the test drive cars are XZ+ Lux. Have booked the Max XZ+ and found below on the online booking page on Tata website. The fabric and print is different than the standard Nexon and looks like white/grey stitching instead of blue is used here. Also the tri-arrow print on the new fabric seats appears to be more subtle than before.

Most places say delivery should begin end of this month or early next month but no confirmation from dealer yet. They are quoting same waiting period as regular Nexon EV.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220519-5.21.43-pm.png

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220519-5.21.54-pm.png

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-screenshot-20220519-5.22.08-pm.png
prateekchanana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 18:24   #92
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Autocar has tested the real world efficiency of Max and the results are not that encouraging
Thanks for sharing. While we can only wait for actual customers/users to start sharing real-world usage figures, this data clearly indicates that the % increase in battery capacity does not translate to a proportional increase in range. Two key points that stand out from the article are:

a) Max weighs 100kg more than standard Nexon EV - this is a key aspect

b) Regen was set to the level two all throughout - I am sure with more intelligent/selective usage of regen levels, better range can be extracted

That being said, I would be pleasantly surprised if the Max is able to deliver anything more than 300-310 km as real-world range. Would be happy to be proven wrong, though
cool_dube is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 18:29   #93
BHPian

Just had a conversation with the sales associate at KHT motors Bangalore, they have got the Nexon EV max test drive vehicle couple of days ago. They are providing test drives for walk in's for now. I had requested a test drive at home for Monday, if it works out I will provide an update here on back seat comfort.
Regarding the deliveries, he mentioned they are expecting atleast 10 cars next month and the first car might be given out as early as June 3rd.
Old 19th May 2022, 19:04   #94
BHPian

Went ahead and booked the Nexon Ev Max Lux, wanted the 7.2kW charger option but if I settle for 3.3Kw option as of now then I might get the car by 1st June. Somewhere 3-4 months later I should be able to buy 7.2Kw charger separately is what I am told. So for now going ahead and buying the 3.3Kw lux version, one question I wanted to ask is can I purchase 3rd party 7.2Kw charger in future just in case TaTa doesn’t sell me one a few months later? Not that 7.2 Kw charger is a deal breaker, but if given an option I’d always prefer a bit fast charging compared to the standard 3.3.

Any inputs are appreciated, thanks.
yashcosmos is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 20:07   #95
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by yashcosmos View Post
I wanted to ask is can I purchase 3rd party 7.2Kw charger in future just in case TaTa doesn’t sell me one a few months later? Not that 7.2 Kw charger is a deal breaker, but if given an option I’d always prefer a bit fast charging compared to the standard 3.3.

Any inputs are appreciated, thanks.
Yes, you can buy 3rd party chargers, you can also buy from Hyundai or MG(if they are selling). We actually have less options, I search in amazon US shows plenty of 3rd party chargers option. You need to only look for CCS type 2 chargers.
SKC-auto is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 19th May 2022, 20:25   #96

Not sure if this has been asked already, but the earlier Nexon EVs had some alarming issues, like the car going into neutral mode when in drive mode automatically, sudden discharge of battery even after fully charged etc.

Were these just initial hiccups that have been addressed now via general car updates? Curious to know as I see a lot of Nexon EVs on the road and so if those issues are sorted out, this version with the extended range can be a very good option indeed.
Old 19th May 2022, 20:30   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
Yes, you can buy 3rd party chargers
Are you sure it won't lead to warranty getting void?
Old 19th May 2022, 20:34   #98
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
Are you sure it won't lead to warranty getting void?
I don't think warranty should be a problem, you already charge with 3rd party chargers at Zeon, Relux etc. When the charger is CCS communication compliant(which they are, otherwise the car will not initiate the charging), you should use any 3rd party chargers.

Last edited by SKC-auto : 19th May 2022 at 20:42.
Old 19th May 2022, 21:44   #99
BHPian

Headed over to select motors, Begumpet, Hyderabad. They launched the Nexon EV Max in their showroom today at 06:00 PM.

The elevated floor pan is troublesome. Wife didn’t like the seating position in rear seat.

I first got her seated in petrol nexon and she found it quite comfortable. More than my current grand i10.

Then got into nexon ev max and she immediately felt the difference and disliked it. Can’t get her legs into a relaxing position which is quite troublesome. It’s quite evident. Her knees are raising above seat and she isn’t getting under thigh support. If we spread legs wide we are getting some support.

In fact, even in drivers seat I found it less convenient than nexon petrol. May be because of same reason of elevated floor in drivers area too?

My hunt for a decent EV in 25L price bracket is turning out to be tougher than ever. I guess if the options available, the Nexon EV seems to be most ideal even if it means compromise in terms of features over EV Max. Sigh!
raghupro is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 11:32   #100
BHPian

TaMo should provide rear discs on all Nexons. Petrol with 130 HP does need it, besides Nexon is not VFM as it used to be.
Old 20th May 2022, 11:48   #101
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Siddarth_Ramani View Post
TaMo should provide rear discs on all Nexons. Petrol with 130 HP does need it, besides Nexon is not VFM as it used to be.
Nexon Petrol only makes 120 HP. Cars like the Skoda Slavia which make 150 HP also use rear drum brakes. Both weight close to 1.2~1.3 tons. Even the Mahindra Scorpio which weighs around 1.8 tons with 140 HP gets rear drum brakes.

At the Nexon petrols power and weight figures, rear disk brakes will be a redundant addition which will increase manufacturing and operating costs with no significant gain in braking.
Old 20th May 2022, 12:29   #102
BHPian

There is a nice video on the range of new EV Max. Delhi to Jaipur in single charge and the total fuel cost of trip is only 800 Rupees. As usual, the caveats apply, 80 kmph, eco mode. etc. etc.

But still 800 Rupees is phenomenal. The toll itself on the trip would come to appx. 400 rupees one way.

autobahnjpr is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 13:02   #103
BHPian

Tata Nexon EV Max waiting period already at 4 months.

Link :

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...-months-424503
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-aa6456b514c54b2d8b03d53ff26133ff.jpeg  

XRoader_001 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 20th May 2022, 13:14   #104
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by das_ren_auto View Post
Autocar has tested the real world efficiency of Max and the results are not that encouraging

https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...plained-424488
Quote:
Originally Posted by cool_dube View Post
While we can only wait for actual customers/users to start sharing real-world usage figures, this data clearly indicates that the % increase in battery capacity does not translate to a proportional increase in range. Two key points that stand out from the article are:...

b) Regen was set to the level two all throughout - I am sure with more intelligent/selective usage of regen levels, better range can be extracted
I assume AutoCar members are following EV specific driving pattern while evaluation.

Saying because their data show more range in city than highway. EV range is highly sensitive to accelerator input. Max. speed during highway cruise may be same, but how one reaches there make huge difference on range. For instance, a dash to 100kmph vs. gradual speed building to 100kmph will result in different range.

Quote:
a) Max weighs 100kg more than standard Nexon EV - this is a key aspect
+1
Old 20th May 2022, 13:37   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by raghupro View Post
The elevated floor pan is troublesome. Wife didn’t like the seating position in rear seat.
Did you try the same in regular Nexon EV? It's floor pan is marginally lower than the Max.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Tata Nexon EV Max waiting period already at 4 months
This might be a good time to buy a pre-owned Nexon EV, as quite a few owners might be moving over to Max

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks