Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2022, 11:57   #166
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by sai47 View Post
Congratulations!!!!

When was the booking made and which model did you opt for??
Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
Hi
Many congratulations on your EV max. Can you specify which variant you booked and when? My SA told Iam tenth in the que at the dealership and 1st EV max is just about to be delivered in 1st week of june.
He said it'll take a month atleast for me.
Thanks guys. I booked a Nexon EV XZ+ Teal Blue on 9th of May and switched to max as soon as prices were revealed on on 11th May. Had switched to Intensi Teal XZ+ 3.3kw that day. Visited the showroom on 30th may to check the test drive car and was thinking of switching the color to grey as intesi teal is too similar to my other car (almost black at night). The SA confirmed same day evening if I switch to Daytona Grey (XZ+ 3.3) he can deliver within 2 weeks. Immediately confirmed the switch and the car was invoiced last night. He says will take 8-10 days for the car to reach their yard and I have started the loan process. Have been informed from all places that the ROI just got revised by +.40% last week..

Last edited by Sheel : 1st June 2022 at 12:58. Reason: Quoted post is edited. Thanks.
prateekchanana is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 12:18   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
Visited the showroom on 30th may to check the test drive car and was thinking of switching the color to grey as intesi teal is too similar to my other car (almost black at night). The SA confirmed same day evening if I switch to Daytona Grey (XZ+ 3.3) he can deliver within 2 weeks.
Congrats on your ev max, do you happen to have any real world pics of grey colour? I am in the same boat - planning to change my booking from intensiteal to white/grey since my other car is going to be a blue/black.
Old 1st June 2022, 12:37   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Congrats on your ev max, do you happen to have any real world pics of grey colour? I am in the same boat - planning to change my booking from intensiteal to white/grey since my other car is going to be a blue/black.
Hi, don't have the real world image yet. But have seen a couple of videos on YouTube of grey. But I definitely plan to get the blue bits wrapped to black soon after getting the car as I feel it makes it look much better. The blue trims stand out way too much for my liking.

Attached below a comparison image after doing the same with my poor photoshop skills to get an idea.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-side.png
prateekchanana is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 12:59   #169

Quote:
Thanks guys. I booked a Nexon EV XZ+ Teal Blue on 9th of May and switched to max as soon as prices were revealed on on 11th May. Had switched to Intensi Teal XZ+ 3.3kw that day. Visited the showroom on 30th may to check the test drive car and was thinking of switching the color to grey as intesi teal is too similar to my other car (almost black at night). The SA confirmed same day evening if I switch to Daytona Grey (XZ+ 3.3) he can deliver within 2 weeks. Immediately confirmed the switch and the car was invoiced last night. He says will take 8-10 days for the car to reach their yard and I have started the loan process. Have been informed from all places that the ROI just got revised by +.40% last week..

That’s pretty quick buddy.
Congratulations!!!
I made the switch on the launch day for a booking of XZ+ Dark made in February and my SA has said that it will take 3-4 months more to get my vehicle.
Please keep the images and experiences coming since yours will be one of the first EV max on the forum.
sai47 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 14:51   #170
Senior - BHPian

I think the GC of 190 mm should not be of any concern. I drove a Wagon R with 160 mm of GC for 2 years and never scraped the underbelly. My XUV3OO has a GC of 180 mm which seems more than adequate.
Raghu M is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 17:52   #171
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fordday View Post
They are not exactly dangling but secured with metal clamps as seen from your pictures.

But my concern is they are exposed, not even in a groove/tunnel and in a delicate location.

Is it possible that the service center guys may accidently put the ramp legs right under those wires and lift the car? Then these will be crushed.
Would it be wise to get these high voltage orange cables covered with the underbody rubber coating ? I have seen some pics of people having done that whilst doing the underbody coating.

Would it void warranty etc. ?
Old 1st June 2022, 19:08   #172
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raghu M View Post
I think the GC of 190 mm should not be of any concern. I drove a Wagon R with 160 mm of GC for 2 years and never scraped the underbelly. My XUV3OO has a GC of 180 mm which seems more than adequate.
Do note scraping the underbelly depends on two things, GC and the wheelbase.
While the 190mm GC shouldn't be of concern for the Nexon.

But for vehicles with longer wheelbase like the Kia EV6 which has a 2900mm wheelbase, the provided 170mm GC means you are more likely to scrape the underbelly in it, then you would in a WagonR which has even lesser GC but a really small wheelbase.
aim120 is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 19:22   #173

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Congrats on your ev max, do you happen to have any real world pics of grey colour?
My test drive vehicle of EV Max was in daytona grey colour. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of that vehicle but I can confirm that the colour is exactly same as the grey one on Tigor EV. Also it was surprising that the roof for that was in white colour unlike grey colour roof on intensi teal blue car.
bhargavpaleja is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st June 2022, 23:05   #174
BHPian

Hello everyone I am about to get my EV max Lux delivered tomorrow, today the tata power guys came in and installed the 3.3KW charging socket. I wanted to opt for the fast charger but the dealership told me if i was willing to take the 3.3kw one I'd get the vehicle soon. After a bit of thinking thought of taking the car with slow charger now and maybe later I'd end up installing the 7.2Kw charger if sold separately by Tata or any other 3rd party supplier.

From what I understand seems like Tata is yet to commence the delivery of 7.2kw chargers and hence it may lead to delaying the variants with 7.2Kw.

I did the PDI of the car a week ago, everything seems to be fine for now, let's hope the delivery process goes smooth and I begin my EV journey.

The next 18 hours are going to go down in a lot of excitement ��
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220601_205242.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220525_151132.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img20220601wa0024.jpg  

yashcosmos is offline   (32) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 09:07   #175
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by diablo29 View Post
Would it be wise to get these high voltage orange cables covered with the underbody rubber coating ? I have seen some pics of people having done that whilst doing the underbody coating.

Would it void warranty etc. ?
I doubt if it helps.
If that part scrapes a speed hump, rubber coating is not going to help much. And the risk of damage for putting the ramp legs under it still remains same.

There is possibly another factor of lesser heat dissipation with more coating.

Overall its a bad design and speaks very poorly for Tata motors.
fordday is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 11:40   #176
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Dangling wiring under the floor is just not ideal.
It doesnt look dangling at all.

Quote:
But my concern is they are exposed, not even in a groove/tunnel and in a delicate location.

Is it possible that the service center guys may accidently put the ramp legs right under those wires and lift the car? Then these will be crushed.
Very valid concern. They should have placed it in a groove or atleast far from the underbody's edge. Also, from the pic I couldn't see where the lift pads of a 2-post hydraulic lift are supposed to be placed. I see plastic cladding everywhere on the body edge, I thought there's supposed to be a designated place where its just metal on the underbody edge for placing the pads of the lift.

Quote:
Hi, don't have the real world image yet. But have seen a couple of videos on YouTube of grey. But I definitely plan to get the blue bits wrapped to black soon after getting the car as I feel it makes it look much better. The blue trims stand out way too much for my liking.
I liked the blue better

Quote:
If that part scrapes a speed hump, rubber coating is not going to help much.
From the pic it's not the lowest point in the underside, so I don't think the cables can strike a speed bump. I'd be more worried about the battery cover on the underside hitting a badly negotiated speedbump (esp when fully loaded). Those who have seen the car in person, does that appear to be a possibility?

Last edited by vharihar : 2nd June 2022 at 11:41.
Old 2nd June 2022, 13:16   #177

Just talked to my sales executive, the dealership is getting allotment of XZ+ 3.3KW and 7.2KW and XZ+ Lux only 3.3KW as of now.
I wonder how they can't get Lux variant with 7.2KW charger if the charger is available for XZ+ variant.
Probably just another way of telling me that my XZ+ Lux 7.2 KW is not yet allotted and not to bother him every alternate day
bhargavpaleja is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 14:49   #178
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by XRoader_001 View Post
Spent some time with nexon ev max at the tata dealership came back with mixed feelings top variant will be ₹ 20 lakh plus on road ,test drive wasn’t available as the td car was under transit.

Dangling wiring under the floor is just not ideal.
Isn't this the way Nexon EV was also released? I digged into the review of nexon EV written by BHPian, prasanna_indaje who had penned down 10 pages long review with another of content and pics. He uses nexon EV almost as an off roading vehicle (he has no choice as most of the farms through which he drives it doesn't have proper roads). He seemed pretty confident about those wires.
posting that link here. Go to page 9 and look for a similar picture of orange wires at bottom.
https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/elect...ev-review.html ((Not) a problem of plenty | My Tata Nexon EV Review)

What I am trying to convey here is 25000 customers have already got the delivery and using this vehicle for 2 years now and I haven't yet seen any issue arising because of these cables. I am not saying it will never, but I feel chances are negligible. May be JUGAAD is the best way to deal with that component.
In my point of view only this point shouldn't be a deal breaker.
rkmunjuluri is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2022, 16:06   #179
BHPian

That’s the precise point even with Gen.2 vehicle tata missed to fix this, does it require highly skilled engineering to get them under proper cover ? I guess No.

It’s highly prone to sabotage or mischief. Off course yes it may be deal breaker for some and not for others.

Last edited by XRoader_001 : 2nd June 2022 at 16:16.
Old 2nd June 2022, 18:56   #180
BHPian

Took the delivery of my Nexon Ev max Lux variant today, drove for 25kms in the last one hour, really loved the ride quality and the ventilated seats are like a cherry on the cake haha.
Looking forward to put a lot of miles on this one very soon, will keep updating the community regularly with my experience.
Meanwhile if you guys have any question do let me know.

Attaching a few pictures.
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220602_184507.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220602_174819.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220602_174811.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220602_174807.jpg  

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-20220602_174832.jpg  

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 4th June 2022 at 12:56. Reason: Typo edited
yashcosmos is offline   (36) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks