Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th August 2023, 21:50   #916
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

With 9th September world EV day approaching it seems Tata Motors is coming up with something new in their event.

Link :

https://x.com/tatamotorsev/status/16...415293554?s=46
Attached Thumbnails
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_8316.jpeg  

Last edited by moralfibre : 29th August 2023 at 02:19. Reason: Typos
XRoader_001 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd September 2023, 11:42   #917
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by alok9345 View Post
Thanks for sharing. May I know how you went about selling the car and what was your experience with buyers? If you can elaborate.

Secondly, what is the average height among your folks.? I notice the raised floor is an issue with most above 5.8-9
Luckily I found a young IT person who had saved up to buy an EV. he was the only one who pursue. Rest of them didn’t really pursue.
I am not sure if a different market mentality has set in for EVs. But that would take some time I guess.

Ever height is between 5.3 & 5.8 for those who were sitting behind.
Another issue is that the doors inside edge is high for ingress (even in the ICE version) but the problem is compounded when you put your foot in, as now the foot doesn’t go in deeper for and easy ingress. Especially problematic for older people. In situations where you are trying to step across what it makes it even worse. Hope this gives a clear account of our experience.
satyanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2023, 22:15   #918

Charging experience with my EV MAX

EV charging, DC fast charging to be specific had come a long way in India

With the introduction of EZ RFID card tata power had improved the charging experience by a long shot.

- EVarc is a wonderful app to plan a trip. It has most of the chargers .
We can add wh/km. Min charge tolerated and max charge to the route planner.

Issues with the present charging infrastructure:

- Most of the chargers don't have any shelter over/near them, this poses 2 problems. Specially in rain and when it is too sunny, although many people don't think this as a problem but imagine yourself trying to see the dull display in bright sun and trying make a charger work .and also trying to charge in pouring rain. All companies should think about installing shelter over there chargers

- While charging in the hot climate if we try to use AC ,after some time the charging suddenly stops, i think manufactures should think of including a temperature gauge just like ICE vehicles so that we will have an idea about the thermal status of battery.
krv09 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 9th September 2023, 12:32   #919
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by satyanu28 View Post

The raised floor due to batteries caused ergonomic issues. All three who had never had issues earlier came up with Back and knee issues over a very short period.

Being in the field of Dance and Yoga, we were quick to pay attention to the source of the issue. We all unanimously felt it was the setting position.
While the EV max is a good car, I had the same issue when I took a test drive. I'm 6ft tall and it was an awkward posture while sitting in the backseat. Didn't go ahead with the car. Hopefully the new facelift rectifies this.
Old 15th September 2023, 07:31   #920
BANNED

Re: 2023 Tata Nexon.EV Review

A friend of mine took this vehicle. And, I have some showroom snaps. Seems to be good enough for him since he is using it at a country side. But, it comes at a price little costlier to the petrol variant, and not many would suggest this vehicle considering normal usability.

Will be happy to update you all if there is any specific question related to the electric variant of Tata Nexon.

Last edited by Axe77 : 15th September 2023 at 07:50. Reason: i —> I
Old 15th September 2023, 08:42   #921
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mreccentric View Post
A friend of mine took this vehicle.

Please confirm with your friend if it’s the 2023 refresh nexon ev and not the previous version
Old 15th September 2023, 12:19   #922
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by FourBanger View Post
Please confirm with your friend if it’s the 2023 refresh nexon ev and not the previous version
It has been nearly one year the vehicle was delivered from the car dealer. The variant of the Nexon is 'ZIPTRON EV'. So, it is not 2023 model for sure, because the vehicle was bought in 2022 September.
Old 21st September 2023, 22:20   #923
BHPian

I travel between Faridabad and Noida for office. I wanted to share some things that I achieved in this week's driving to and fro from office.

I have driven my EV max 11k kms in last 6 months of ownership.

Driving style - When I drive to office - I usually keep a max speed of 70 kmph where road and traffic permit. Rest is as per traffic conditions. I use cruise control wherever possible
Parameters - Tyre pressure is set to 35 psi. AC is set to 26 at AUTO and ECON mode. Regen is set to 3 and drive mode is ECO

I was able to get 318 km range with 2% battery left. Before people roast me for draining the battery too much. I was doing a deep discharge which should be done every few months. I usually charge my car when the SOC reaches 20%

What I achieved out of this
1. Used the full extent of the battery pack assuring me that my battery pack won't throw surprise errors at lower SOC
2. I was able to get 300 km plus range in city with normal driving
3. I was able to understand my car better

Was reaching 2% in day to day use a breeze? No, I was anxious when the SOC touched 5% and my home was still 15 kms away. But I had backup plan already in my mind.

Trip meter
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_20230921_1639302.jpg

Speed graph for the whole week
Tata Nexon EV Max Review-img_20230921_215248.jpg
ferrarirules is online now   (33) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 05:07   #924
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferrarirules View Post
But I had backup plan already in my mind.
Out of curiosity, what was the backup plan?
GKR9900 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 07:44   #925
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GKR9900 View Post
Out of curiosity, what was the backup plan?
There were two chargers near to my home on the way itself. I would have stopped on either of them. If I couldn't reach, I was ok to call RSA to drop me to nearest charger as well.
ferrarirules is online now   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 08:32   #926
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
There were two chargers near to my home on the way itself. I would have stopped on either of them. If I couldn't reach, I was ok to call RSA to drop me to nearest charger as well.
You can always tow your car with another vehicle. Will put some charge back into the battery as well. Regen.
Shreyans_Jain is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2023, 09:28   #927
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyans_Jain View Post
You can always tow your car with another vehicle. Will put some charge back into the battery as well. Regen.
It can be done but it is said to have detrimental impact of the drive train. RSA also never tows an EV with the tow truck, they always get a flat bed for EVs. I don't know how much true this is hence it was not part of the backup plan
Old 23rd September 2023, 10:08   #928
BHPian

Thanks for sharing this. Im hoping the new ev max might get around 5-7% more which is still not too much in the grand scheme of things but helps. Hoping to own ev as my next car but something that gives at least 500kms on road and is under 40 lakhs on road. Looks like we might achieve that in a year or two.
Old 23rd September 2023, 11:28   #929
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by siren373 View Post
Thanks for sharing this. Im hoping the new ev max might get around 5-7% more which is still not too much in the grand scheme of things but helps. Hoping to own ev as my next car but something that gives at least 500kms on road and is under 40 lakhs on road. Looks like we might achieve that in a year or two.
BYD ATTO3 can already do near 500kms in single charge and it is below 40 lakhs. Tata's GEN 2 EVs like Harrier.EV, Currv.EV will be below 40 lakhs for sure and should have a range beyond 400 kms. Currv might be even below 30 lakhs.

According to me, range is more an aspect of person's usage pattern. If a person's majority drive is in the city with occasional highway drive then a car with 300-350 kms of range is good enough.
ferrarirules is online now   (7) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2023, 15:23   #930
BHPian

Quote:
BYD ATTO3 can already do near 500kms in single charge and it is below 40 lakhs. Tata's GEN 2 EVs like Harrier.EV, Currv.EV will be below 40 lakhs for sure and should have a range beyond 400 kms. Currv might be even below 30 lakhs.

According to me, range is more an aspect of person's usage pattern. If a person's majority drive is in the city with occasional highway drive then a car with 300-350 kms of range is good enough.
Dont want to get a chinese brand since unsure of their viability in the long term due to tensions between the two governments. I usually do gurgaon shimla which is around 420 kms. Usually without stopping.
siren373 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks