Team-BHP > Electric Cars
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th March 2023, 13:12   #796
BANNED

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sridhar C E View Post
A question for the pioneering EV car owners from someone who has just booked a Nexon EV max Lux.

How long can an EV be left uncharged, if we need to go out of the country/city for a few weeks?
I had left my car unattended for almost two weeks during COVID lockdown, nothing happened. However, it is recommended to remove the -VE terminal of AUX battery (the black cable) if you are heading out. This would prevent full discharge of AUX battery.

You can also use ZCONNECT to switch ON AC for few minutes every alternate days to ensure your AUX battery doesn't complete drain out.
DarthVeda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th March 2023, 20:16   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Quick few observations/data points on range at 1000km of ownership:

Car : Nexon ev max xz+ lux
Delivered : Nov 2022
Current odo : ~1000 km
Usage: Bangalore traffic 100%, 24-25°C Auto AC, 2-3 person always, 34-35 psi tire pressure, City Mode, Regen level 1, charged always on 7kw home charger with first charge from below 10 to 100% and subsequent charges from 20s to 100%. Haven't done a second 10-100 charge yet. My charges usually takes 4-5 hrs and it's proving to be pretty quick and super convenient to me.

With the above I am hitting 134-135Wh/km with my normal driving - very few hard acceleration and braking. This gives me about 300km full range and about 250km usable range before I put my car on charge. With a conscious drive for range under same conditions as above I have managed to get it to 120s as well. My range and %SOC has been pretty linear in the sense that the SOC level drops very linearly and I haven't observed any spikes/sudden drops.

My DTE has been all over the place showing even 406km@100% after my second charge but it's settling down and getting more closer to real word range. My trip A gets reset after each charge and my trip B is a running one and after I have reset my trip A the Wh/km calculation starts with a high number and settles down to a true number at about 90-100km distance.

Inclines/elevations seems to be a major factor in EV range - to give you an example, my morning school drop off drive is a 15km round trip with an onward journey consisting of a pretty consistent overall uphill drive and I do it with a 4% SOC drop whereas my return journey takes only 1% SOC
Update at 2000kms:
Its been pretty smooth sailing so far w.r.t the drive and using the car as a daily drive in Bangalore traffic. Waiting to see if the SC will be calling me proactively for the promised software update.

Adding on to the updates on charging and range - below is my charging log, should help prospective owners get a sense of the real world range and charging frequency for Nexon EV Max.
-Usage remains same as stated above. Have been trying out the Eco mode lately.
-Got the first fast charge done just to test, it was charged at Shell Mysore road and mine was the first one to be charged at this location. Had the whole Shell installation team overseeing the charge session and taking pics.
-DTE in the log is the DTE shown at the end of charging session with default City mode, Regen-1
-Trip A is reset after every charge session.
-Trip B is running log.
-Remarks is the driving mode used since the previous charge session.

Tata Nexon EV Max Review-nexon-ev-max-log.png

Last edited by Sandegov : 5th March 2023 at 20:19.
Sandegov is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 18:56   #798
BHPian

Hi Folks,

I am taking delivery of my Max XZ+ 3.3Kw this week. I have a quick question for folks in Gurgaon/Haryana in general. How are you managing EV charging and its cost with an existing electricity connection? Do we have any provision to avail a new connection of a smaller load or if we could avail any form of subsidy in the existing connection for units consumed for EV charging? My electricity provider is DHBVN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandegov View Post
Issues in my car:
Thanks for your input and I hope your experience improves soon. I do agree that there is a lot to be desired in terms of finesse from Tata and I could see a lot of such examples at the stockyard. However, what really amazed me was the fact despite having unfinished trims, these cars had no rattles or squeaking sounds when it comes to taking a test run at the dirty and broken paths at the stockyard. So I am okay to live with certain imperfections as of now.
rahul1407 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th March 2023, 19:43   #799
BHPian

Quote:
A question for the pioneering EV car owners from someone who has just booked a Nexon EV max Lux.

How long can an EV be left uncharged, if we need to go out of the country/city for a few weeks?
A few weeks or even a month is not a problem at all. I have left my MG ZS EV parked for two months without any issues.
Lobogris is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 02:47   #800
BHPian

Quote:

The rate of discharge according to Tata is usually 1% per month. So you are good for about 80 to 90 months of storage.
Old 7th March 2023, 06:47   #801
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lobogris View Post
A few weeks or even a month is not a problem at all. I have left my MG ZS EV parked for two months without any issues.
My June delivered EV Max refused to open last week even though it is used for 8-10 kms regularly. The physical key when removed from the remote is so small that it is almost impossible to use it to unlock the car. Thankfully it happened at my residence that too on my weekly off and I called the RSA. A guy reached within 30 mins to jump start the car. He is the one who opened the car with physical key after a lot of difficult in order to connect the jump start cables. The car threw a lot of errors but I turned off and on again and it started without a fuss and I used it for a few kms and RSA waited. Came back started again and worked fine. He told me may be you used the AC fan or music system on battery for very long time without starting the car which I was sure didn’t happen.

Used the car again for around 30kms that day and all went well. Come next morning it again refused to start. This time I opened the car my self by inserting the key and using a plaza to turn it and it worked. But that was so not much use as the batter was totally dead and the Start / Stop button simply won’t function. Tried plugging the main battery charger but that also didn’t respond with the dead battery. Called RSA again, he reached in 30 mins again and went straight to service centre this time after the car started. Without an appointment waited around 30 mins before someone talked to me that why I am there. Explained that I have a 6 months old car with a battery issue and was asked is it in warranty :. Told them again “ITS A 6 MONTHS OLD CAR” and was told it will take some time to check. Was getting alter for a meeting so asked them that my driver is here, kindly give a loner battery in case it can’t be checked or replaced today. They agreed for the same but it took them more than 6 hours to do this. Finally the driver was sent back with a temp battery and I was informed that the battery is drained and will be charged for 2 days and returned to me.

I asked the SA how is it possible for the battery to get discharged so quickly in just 6 months even when the car is used regularly? And his reply was may be you left the headlights on. Told him the car has Auto Headlights so how is that possible, but he could not explain any further. He said we have checked the battery and it’s ok and only in discharged state. All I could think of is may be the tail light on but nexon ev max suffers did this and I missed checking it some day when I parked it at my office in morning, though that’s highly unlikely.

Anyhow never got the call from SA that the battery is ready after 2 days. I forgot to call as well and called him the 3rd day and he said the battery is ready why didn’t you send someone ? Sent my driver and it took 1 hour this time for the battery swap and I hope this never happens again.
prateekchanana is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th March 2023, 20:54   #802

Quick question to EV Max users who have the 2022 model, did you get your vehicle updated to the new 453km update? If yes can you share the version number as my SA denied the update stating that many users were having range drop and frequent DTE reading changes.
Old 7th March 2023, 22:34   #803
BHPian

After much thought I have decided to buy Nexon EV. I drive a Polo GT TSI currently, own this from last 6 years. GT will stay and Nexon would be my second car, primarily for my commute between the city and my farm(120km two-way).Trip to my farm will be more frequent in coming years,2-3 times a week atleast. I simply cannot have my GT doing these rounds anymore!!
Though my requirement is immediate but I have decided to acquire this with full cash and not on loan, probably around Diwali this year. I would like to know if there is a facelift/upgraded Nexon EV on cards this year? I have read news articles about Nexon Coupe (Tata Motors Nexon Coupe SUV in the works) and also latest news of Nexon facelift

I have lots of questions and anxiety about battery degradation and after warrenty ownership. I will keep that for another post but for now I am curious if there are any rumours of 2023 Nexon EV with bigger battery is on the cards.
Old 7th March 2023, 23:32   #804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
My June delivered EV Max refused to open last week even though it is used for 8-10 kms regularly.
What about telematics and connected car features? Any abnormal behaviour or misuse of app activities? Check with other fellow Nexon EV owners.
Old 8th March 2023, 10:07   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by torqueiscr4zy8 View Post
Quick question to EV Max users who have the 2022 model, did you get your vehicle updated to the new 453km update? If yes can you share the version number as my SA denied the update stating that many users were having range drop and frequent DTE reading changes.
I got the call very early for the update got the same done. The range has dropped instead of increasing post the update. I use my car in one of the worst conditions of Delhi traffic hours for 15-20 kms daily and I was easily getting around 210-225 range from 100-20% SOC which has now reduced to 190-205 post the update.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TorqueIndia View Post
What about telematics and connected car features? Any abnormal behaviour or misuse of app activities? Check with other fellow Nexon EV owners.
I use the app 2/3 times daily to track the car while in use by my driver. Barely use the pre cool feature as the car is parked in shade 99% of times. In fact the app helps in seeing if the AC is not used while parked.
prateekchanana is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th March 2023, 17:18   #806
BHPian

I have been allotted my white Nexon EV XZ+ lux 3.3. I have asked for a PDI and this is likely to happen in the next few days. I have some questions for fellow Nexon EV Bhipians:

1. Tata Motors is offering an extended warranty (4 years/5 years and 1.25 Lakh km) and AMC (2 years/30k kms OR 3 years/45K kms). Considering my running is not likely to be more than 4K KM in a year, what should I opt for?

2. Which are the apps that I must download as far as charging stations are considered? I will mostly be driving long distance within South India.

3. Which are the accessories that are a “must have” and where can I source them from?

4. PPF and/or Ceramic coating: IN 2015 when I got my Ciaz ZXI, I got PPF done at 3M, Sarjapur Road for almost Rs 55K. My car still looks fresh and shining, thanks to it. Should I go in for PPF for my white nexon EV? What about ceramic coating? Among the many preferred vendors ( Mr Krishna Prasad for one), which is the best VFM?

5. Acko has quoted me Rs 47,796 for Return to Invoice based on IDV of Rs 17,56,156(95% of Rs 18.49 Lakhs. This is comprehensive insurance with nil depreciation and includes consumables. This looks like a no brainer option as compared to Prerana’s quote of Rs. 1.09 Lakhs. Should I be asking for any more coverages?

Any precautions I need to take whilst charging overnight? I have parking space under my portico.

Thanks in advance!

Last edited by Sridhar C E : 10th March 2023 at 17:30. Reason: incomplete submission.
Sridhar C E is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 10:45   #807
BANNED

Quote:
1. Tata Motors is offering an extended warranty (4 years/5 years and 1.25 Lakh km) and AMC (2 years/30k kms OR 3 years/45K kms). Considering my running is not likely to be more than 4K KM in a year, what should I opt for?

2. Which are the apps that I must download as far as charging stations are considered? I will mostly be driving long distance within South India.

Any precautions I need to take whilst charging overnight? I have parking space under my portico.

Thanks in advance!
I wouldn't worry about extended warranty, any niggles your vehicle has will show up in the first few months itself. After that you are good to go. There are very less parts which can break due to wear and tear.

Plugshare is the first one, you should download, this shows lists of all chargers (Fast/Type2/Slow) and the provider, you can also download the app based on your charging stops on highways. If you are in Bengaluru, you should have:
1. EV Mitra (BESCOM)
2. Tata Power EZCharge
3. Zeon Charging
4. Relux Charging
5. Fortum
6. Reliance JIO BP Pulse

The last two are optional.
DarthVeda is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 12:01   #808
BHPian

Quote:
I have been allotted my white Nexon EV XZ+ lux 3.3. I have asked for a PDI and this is likely to happen in the next few days. I have some questions for fellow Nexon EV Bhipians:

3. Which are the accessories that are a “must have” and where can I source them from?

4. PPF and/or Ceramic coating: IN 2015 when I got my Ciaz ZXI, I got PPF done at 3M, Sarjapur Road for almost Rs 55K. My car still looks fresh and shining, thanks to it. Should I go in for PPF for my white nexon EV? What about ceramic coating? Among the many preferred vendors ( Mr Krishna Prasad for one), which is the best VFM?

5. Acko has quoted me Rs 47,796 for Return to Invoice based on IDV of Rs 17,56,156(95% of Rs 18.49 Lakhs. This is comprehensive insurance with nil depreciation and includes consumables. This looks like a no brainer option as compared to Prerana’s quote of Rs. 1.09 Lakhs. Should I be asking for any more coverages?

Thanks in advance!
1 and 2 I won't answer as DarthVeda has done it precisely.

3 . According to me only the floor mats are must, I have also installed Dashcam

4. I have got the ppf done and I feel compared to ceramic, ppf is VFM. You can go for Stek as Llumar will fall costlier. Stek also won't have the yellowing that usually happens with other cheaper ppfs. Contact Rakshith for a better deal (+917829012344). He is also very knowledgeable and after sales is impeccable.

5. I have also chosen ACKO, but Prerna might also give a deal when you show the quote from Acko. Just check once.
shamanths3 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2023, 12:06   #809
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prateekchanana View Post
I got the call very early for the update got the same done. The range has dropped instead of increasing post the update. I use my car in one of the worst conditions of Delhi traffic hours for 15-20 kms daily and I was easily getting around 210-225 range from 100-20% SOC which has now reduced to 190-205 post the update.
I had given my Max for running repairs last month( some noise from motor mounts according to SA) , finally got it sorted out in a week.

When asked regarding the update my SA stated that they had updated it from the system as per instructions from HQ, Pune. But I'm still not convinced about this as he said he wasn't aware of any range improvement after that update.

I'm now getting a lesser range of around 200 kms (from 15- 100% SOC) compared to 220 kms as before.

Could this be due to the update?

Can anyone share the version of this update?

Last edited by pradheepsr : 11th March 2023 at 12:20.
Old 11th March 2023, 14:48   #810
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pradheepsr View Post
I had given my Max for running repairs last month( some noise from motor mounts according to SA) , finally got it sorted out in a week.

When asked regarding the update my SA stated that they had updated it from the system as per instructions from HQ, Pune. But I'm still not convinced about this as he said he wasn't aware of any range improvement after that update.

I'm now getting a lesser range of around 200 kms (from 15- 100% SOC) compared to 220 kms as before.

Could this be due to the update?
I'm facing a similar range drop as mentioned by you post update. I was called specifically for the update so I am sure that was done on my car. I asked my SA if we can roll back and he denied any request for the same.

Also can you explain what kind of sound you were getting from motor mounts. I can hear a weird kat kat sound every time I accelerate from 0 and decelerate to 0. My SA was not able to make out where it is coming from and couldn't fix it when I sent my driver saying everything is fine. I plan to go myself next time for this and if I know if it's the same problem I can point it out to them. Thanks.

Another stupid think told by SA to my driver was that we should turn off the headlight manually when we get off car in order to avoid any battery issue I faced in future. He specifically asked him not to keep it on Auto and turn it on and off manually as needed. Every new explanation given by the SA sets a new record low.

Last edited by prateekchanana : 11th March 2023 at 14:50.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks