Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2023, 14:38   #766
BHPian

Re: Tata Nexon EV Max Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBaleno View Post
Hi...
Thanks for the reply. I too got a quote of Rs 48,000 for Oriental Insurance from an agent. Can I know for which insurance u got the simjilar quote?
I spoke to the body shop manager at key motors and he told me that their preferred insurance is Tata AIG, But for Oriental Insurance there is no cashless facility and we will have to go for reimbursement..
He was shocked to know that the difference between the insurance quote offered by Key Motors and external agent is around 60k

Thanks!
Mine is New India Assurance
Sandegov is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 16:39   #767

Can any Nexon EV Max owner help me out with the expected Wh/Km when the car is put on cruise control at 120 km/Hr? I normally drive at 120-130 km/Hr in the highways and I am planning to upgrade to the Nexon EV pretty soon. Please help me what is the realistic range when cruising on the highway at 120km/Hr.
Old 14th February 2023, 20:10   #768
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmrp4mail View Post
Can any Nexon EV Max owner help me out with the expected Wh/Km when the car is put on cruise control at 120 km/Hr? I normally drive at 120-130 km/Hr in the highways and I am planning to upgrade to the Nexon EV pretty soon. Please help me what is the realistic range when cruising on the highway at 120km/Hr.
I have not done this (yet), but this video has some info about what to expect if you are driving at ~120 km in the Nexon Max. Time stamp ~5:50, they say 195 KM, 16% SoC and 165 WH/KM. But if you assume they started with 100% SOC then (40500*.84)/195 = ~175.5 WH/KM. In they video they just talk up the range saying 250 KM with spirited driving and 400 KM with hypermiling, we can ignore that and just look at the data.

wocanak is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th February 2023, 23:16   #769
BANNED

Quote:
Your efficiency is going to be low, you can check your wh/km after few km of driving it at that speed, then extrapolate the range yourself. As long as you have FC on your route at regular intervals, you can do this but you will have to increase your charging stops as well.
Old 15th February 2023, 06:44   #770
BHPian

The Wh/km in the video is 162, so approx range is 40500/162 which is 250.
Old 15th February 2023, 13:55   #771
BHPian

Tata is offering substantial discounts on Nexon EV Prime and Max variants as per Autocar India and Rushlane. Nexon EV Prime is getting discounts of up to Rs 90,000 and the EV Max available with discounts of up to Rs 80,000. These are in addition to the recent price cuts.

Source:
https://www.autocarindia.com/car-new...bsidies-427264

https://www.rushlane.com/nexon-ev-di...-12460971.html

These are substantial discounts for Nexon EVs. Based on the Vahan data, Nexon EV sales are flattened for the last few months and are even declining. Are these discounts real? Other members can confirm?
sri_tesla is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 14:26   #772
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sumannandy View Post
The Wh/km in the video is 162, so approx range is 40500/162 which is 250.
Yeah, one point in the video it says 162 and another point 165. But if the trip meter was not reset at the beginning of the journey, then whatever average it shows is not just for that journey.

I made the assumption that they would have started with 100% covered 195 km and left with 16% and then calculated it to be 175 Wh/km. Anyway we can take it as a range of 165 to 175, even that looks a bit optimistic to me. My guess is it will be higher, I have the similar question what is the range if we drive it like ICE on a highway trying to keep a speed of ~100 kmph. My drive has all been in the city, but I am going to try this when I do a highway trip.
Old 15th February 2023, 14:31   #773

Quote:

I haven't used Cruise Control, but I've done speeds of 100-120 Kmph on the Chennai - Madurai / highway and consumption used to be between 130 - 140 WHr / Km. This was with city mode, max regen.
Old 15th February 2023, 15:20   #774

So just picked up the Max yesterday. Have some major confusion with regard to the charging. I am currently using the 3.3 kw charger for the car. However, if I were to use the onboard charger using the 16 amp plug, would it not be the same thing (3.2 kw) basically. So what is the point of this charger?
Old 15th February 2023, 15:36   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucko96 View Post
So just picked up the Max yesterday. Have some major confusion with regard to the charging. I am currently using the 3.3 kw charger for the car. However, if I were to use the onboard charger using the 16 amp plug, would it not be the same thing (3.2 kw) basically. So what is the point of this charger?
When using AC, you always use onboard charger only, the 3.3kw or 7.2kw charging device you got with the car is a communication device only not an AC-->DC converter or charger in usual electronic devices.

When using DC charging only (the bottom 2 pins used) the onboard charger is not used.
SKC-auto is online now   (5) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 15:39   #776
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sri_tesla View Post
These are substantial discounts for Nexon EVs. Based on the Vahan data, Nexon EV sales are flattened for the last few months and are even declining. Are these discounts real? Other members can confirm?
Have booked a Nexon EV Max Lux White version yesterday and am getting delivery on 21st Feb. There are no discounts and no 2022 models available except a Signature Teal version with the 7.2KW charger. They are offering 50K discounts on the 2022 model, but none on the 2023 model. The max I got was a discount on the Insurance which was after lot of haggling. Only thing I noticed is that delivery of Nexon EV Max Lux models is more readily available as of now.
mug:mush is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 16:09   #777
BHPian

Quote:
Driving between 100 to 120 on cruise should return anything between 120 wh/km to 135 wh/km But this will be after a few kilometers of your trip start. Initially it will be as high as 165 wh/km since the car is beginning to move from stop and it takes about 10 kms or so to guage the correct consumption. So consider the readings after first 10 kms or so. It should settle between the figures I mentioned.

For me, I always drive within 80 Kmph given the condition of most Indian highways, I often get figures around 110 wh/km to 120 wh/km with a few ocassional spikes of upto 100 kmph.
arpanjha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 16:24   #778
BHPian

Hi Everyone,

Thanks all for the suggestions and inputs provided, i could make a final decision and have booked the XZ+ LUX 7.2KW (White) today, delivery will be probably in the mid of March 2023; I have opted for an external insurance and have just selected the Extended warranty. On the Accessories side i have opted for the mud flaps and nothing else.
Need some help around selection of the 3d mats and the mat for the boot; while reading through the reviews here i saw some suggestions from the owner around the mats (GFX 3D mats) can we go ahead and ordered them online and will they fit properly? Any suggestion around this will be helpful.
And also what is the approximate quote for the PPF coating, suggestions around this also will be helpful.

Thanks!
StealthBaleno is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 17:06   #779

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKC-auto View Post
When using AC, you always use onboard charger only, the 3.3kw or 7.2kw charging device you got with the car is a communication device only not an AC-->DC converter or charger in usual electronic devices.

When using DC charging only (the bottom 2 pins used) the onboard charger is not used.
Thanks. I guess I always kind of guessed the home chargers are DC. Being a communication device makes sense. Also saw a thread where they mentioned that the 16 amp plug is more than enough for home charging.

Also, I am extremely disappointed with the quality of paint, finish etc. I’m sure a post has touched on this earlier but for having spent 20L+, I am very disappointed.
chucko96 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2023, 17:59   #780
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by StealthBaleno View Post
Need some help around selection of the 3d mats and the mat for the boot;
I am taking delivery of my Nexon EV Max on 21st Feb from Prerana Motors, Lalbagh Road. Siddhi Automotive, located in JC Road is the distributor for Galio products in Karnataka. He has stocks of GFX mats and trunk mats for EV Max. It is available for much less than what is available online. Suggest you buy this offline from them.
mug:mush is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks